It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISS Rocker Gene Simmons Slams President Obama's Israel Policy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Now we're supposed to put stock into a rock star when it comes to national issues? The guys a multi-millionaire! What does he have in common with the majority of Americans? Absolutely nothing.

As if most of the last dozen presidents had anything in common with the majority of Americans.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The fact is that the media is making a big deal about Obama saying that Israel should return to 1967 borders, but in reality, this isn't a huge shift in US policy in the area.

It's just that Obama has vocalized what every other US President has been pushing for behind the scenes.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
what are the israeli supposed to swap. desert near gaza and lebanon.

gene simmons is a tool. he would support the gassing of palestinian children if it were up to him.

that's a lie too. israel isn't 9 miles wide. and israel managed to "defend" themselves perfectly with '67 borders more than 2 times.

the fact is the '67 invasion of egypt and jordan was a land grab. they used the excuse that war was imminent.

ya, war was so imminent that egypt lost it's entire airforce because they were totally caught of guard by the illegal surprise attack.

edit on 27-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
didn't a poll just come out that fifty seven percent of Israeli's agree with Obummer on this...

it's been our policy for a long time...

I don't understand what all the huplah is about...

It has been the policy for at least the last 3 US presidents but the big difference is this time, it is coming from Obama and there is one big difference between the way he said and the way they said it. He said it while being bla...Obama.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Since when does being a rich singer make someone an authority on international affairs?..Im not talking about his haing an opinion,Im talking about his getting so much attention for having that opinion?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Gene is a marketing prostitute.

How many of you have seriously looked deep into the origin of the "chosen tribe" myth?

Just based on common sense alone...do you agree with the creation of a "jewish" homeland from land that has been inhabited for so long by the palestinians?
Sounds like a recipe for trouble and I think the US uses Israel much more then Israel uses the US yet US foreign Aid to Israel needs to end and we need to stop using them as some pit bull on a short leash...

I say the Jewish myth and of course the Chosen people myth is a Fraud and I am not a racist nor an anti semite.

Lotta Wards and Gaurds placed all about this subject so proceed with caution you few, brave seekers of truth.

Ashkenazi
Kazakhstan
The "Jews" have a distinct set of genetic "defects" and this is a result of a very small "gene" pool... pun intended...the original hillbillies!
Few wanted to conform to the state religion Catholicism so no surprise that they simply retained thier formerly adopted beliefs.

Do not even go there as if the OUT OF AFRICA theory has any validity at all then all Asian and Caucasians will have middle eastern genetic markers.

Yes, I have had this debate several times before...yes, I usually win...bring it!!! get some!!

OOps sorry, not my thread yet everything I said is relevant imho.

Heres ya some fodder to satiate your need to believe that these people are actually "Jewish" and the "chosen people" and that we should support them.

The DNA of Abraham’s Children: Analysis of Jewish genomes refutes the Khazar claim

I would never try to defend Barry, please dont get me wrong.
The issue is "SHOULD WE SUPPORT ISRAEL" and "Why?".

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

I never said they did. That's why the laws are always there to benefit the elite. Yet we continue to defend them and take sides, when all we're doing is shooting ourselves in the foot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
Gene is a marketing prostitute.

Life is hard as a suddenly D-list celebrity. Righting high (and high) in the 70's, only to crash out in the 90's. Next thing you know he'll be waving a piece of garden hose in front of a camera, claiming it's the newest and greatest in exercise technology, ala David Carradine.

How many of you have seriously looked deep into the origin of the "chosen tribe" myth?

Just based on common sense alone...do you agree with the creation of a "jewish" homeland from land that has been inhabited for so long by the palestinians?
Sounds like a recipe for trouble and I think the US uses Israel much more then Israel uses the US yet US foreign Aid to Israel needs to end and we need to stop using them as some pit bull on a short leash...

I say the Jewish myth and of course the Chosen people myth is a Fraud and I am not a racist nor an anti semite.

Well of course it's a myth. The Jewish religious textbooks saying that Jews are god's favorite is kind of like a Ford Company pamphlet that says Fords are the most popular cars in America; they're selling you a product. If I'm going to believe that anyone is God's favorite, he's going to have to tell mer personally - how else can I know anyone's opinion, right?

Ashkenazi
Kazakhstan
The "Jews" have a distinct set of genetic "defects" and this is a result of a very small "gene" pool... pun intended...the original hillbillies!

Eh. The british are pretty inbred too, in that regard. Truth is, most well-aged communities, prior to the ages of easy travel, traded daughters to each others' sons down generation after generation. It's just the way it worked. And when you have populations such as the jews, who were often prevented by law (both hteir own and the laws of the lands they lived in) from intermarriage, well.

Do not even go there as if the OUT OF AFRICA theory has any validity at all then all Asian and Caucasians will have middle eastern genetic markers.

Not necessarily. Human bio-geographics aren't linear. That is, the current dominant group in a region doesn't need to be the group that originally settled there. Especially since, over the course of 10,000 years, it's absolutely certain that numerous ethnic groups have effectively become extinct.

Heres ya some fodder to satiate your need to believe that these people are actually "Jewish" and the "chosen people" and that we should support them.

The DNA of Abraham’s Children: Analysis of Jewish genomes refutes the Khazar claim

Of course, that hte DNA refutes the Khazar claim does not then mean that the traditional counter-claim is actually true, either. Yes, many modern European Jews share genetic markers in common with the priest caste of ancient Judaea. The reasons for this are pretty simple; that same priest caste kept fomenting revolt against the Romans in Iudaea, and finally the Romans got sick of it, rounded up the rabbis of that province, and shipped them across the empire as slaves. Of course in Rome, slavery didn't stop you from practicing your faith or having your own family, it just meant you were someone's bitch until you could purchase freedom (assuming your owner was willing to sell you to yourself)

There was never a massive Jewish diaspora. The overwhelming majority of Jews in the Palestinian provinces of Rome, stayed right where they were the entire time. And there they stayed until a group of European practitioners of Judaism conducted a pogrom against them.

I would never try to defend Barry, please dont get me wrong.

I'm always bewildered by people who say stuff like this. You really think people's responses to you should hinge on whether or not you vote like they do? Sheesh.

The issue is "SHOULD WE SUPPORT ISRAEL" and "Why?".

Depends on what sort of "support" we're offering. Support them in case of a truly unwarranted attack? Sure. Support them as out regional friend? Sure, at least until we get a better buddy in the region (there's a reason Israel opposes emergent democracy movements in the middle east). Supporting them in their efforts to subsume the remaining territories of Palestine, conduct ethnic cleansing, and wage war on their neighbors? Absolutely not.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by LargeFries

Actually his kids are not bastards or what we deem mumzas......so long as the mother of his kids does'nt have children to another man! The laws of mumzas are not the same as the Christian laws.

bluemirage5 I was not aware of this and I thank you for your post. I take back my earlier statement, and I will not repeat it again in print or in speech. Every day I learn something is a good day. Sincere thanks

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Thank You sir. I was snowed at one time thinking Jews were evil all because of the Evil Khazar Zionist who run Israel and control some of US policies.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

This "chosen people" myth was created by the Christians & Catholics, not by the Jews!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh well. Its not all about Israel. There are lots of ethnic groups in America, and lots of religious groups, and honestly, its time to stop treating Israel as if it were special.

They claim they are Gods chosen, and Israel is special to God, so let God help them.

My two cents.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Thats ok, the laws are quite strict. To the Christians, an illigitimate child is one born out of wedlock but I'm not sure what the Christians deem the children of a woman who was married twice and had a child to each husband.

In Judaism, a mumzer is a child born out of an adulterous act, a child born out of incest, a child born of a forbidden or mixed marriage, a child born of a heathen mother. Where the child is born of a mixed marriage, the Rabbis try to find a way around it if the mother is a decendant of Jacob (Israel). There is obvious partiality when looking at ie: King David and King Solomon, both decendants of mixed marriages. Abraham and Sarah were half siblings sharing the same father but different mothers. So the meaning of a "mumzer" is not quite clear cut among the Jews as it is among Christians.

www.theskepticalreview.com...

edit on 28-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by OverMan

This "chosen people" myth was created by the Christians & Catholics, not by the Jews!!!

Not sure if I buy that

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Actually, when Obama requested that Israel go back to its 1967 borders, that was the only thing he did that I agreed with and thought was a change from what has consistently been the same old same old.

I can't say that I really care much for Gene Simmons either. How would he feel if someone "stole" something from him, kind of like how the nation of Israel has done with a lot of Palestinian land? Oh wait... Gene Simmons condemned internet file-sharing and has stated that anyone who file shares should be put in prison for theft. So he's against "theft" and he's a hypocrite.

His opinion is worthless.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Gene Simmons was talking about illegal download of music. Are our musicians not intitiled to their royalities???? Of course they are!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

File sharing that he relates to theft. Musicians can feel entitled to whatever they want to feel entitled to, but that wasn't the point I was driving at. I was pointing out how Gene Simmons is a hypocrite who is showing bias in favor of Israel because he is Jewish.

If Israel and his people are committing the act of theft, then to him that is justified. But if the opposing side wants some of their land back, that is not justified. I was showing how Gene Simmons was more or less a hypocrite, and that his opinion really isn't that substantial, and imo should be taken very very lightly.
edit on 28-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well, file sharing also relates to illegal music downloads, does it not???

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

More or less, which is what I used to back up my point.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ok, so Gene Simmons has a point. I, myself don't download music at all but I sure as hell would'nt download illegally if I wanted to. They too have to make a living like everyone else.

So perhaps file sharing would be a bad example on your part to bring it up?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join