It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISS Rocker Gene Simmons Slams President Obama's Israel Policy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
That is a bald face lie:

SOURCE:
maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com...

Oh, my bad. I guess I should have said the following:

Obama HAS spent more than all Presidents from Washington to REAGAN combined, according to the Congressional Budget Office, and is ON TRACK to spend more than ALL Presidents before him - including the last three Republican administrations - according to the Wall Street Journal.

Sorry.

As far a your 2nd question, here is my honest opinion, right or wrong.If the government has irrefutable proof that said person was a terrorist with DIRECT connections to 911 I am OK with it.

/MD

So you're OK with an American citizen being assassinated without first having his guilt proven before a jury of his peers in a court of law. People like you exemplify everything that is wrong with this country. You're willing to tear up the Constitution just because your Messiah says that it is what's best. Gotcha.

Personally, I'd like to pull Awlaki's plug myself. He's a scumbag of the highest order, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an American citizen, and as such he is guaranteed a fair trial before he's executed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

So tell me, when is your beloved Israel going to come out and tell the world their true aim as far as borders go ??

Will we see the Israel idea of a map anytime soon or will they just continue the lies and war until they get all they want??

I don't know brother, I'm not a mind reader. I do know that if they wanted to, Israel could TAKE Gaza and the West Bank, forcing ALL of the Palestinians to leave for Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, or any other country that would have them - but considering how the Palestinians have treated their hosts in the past, it's not likely they would be welcome - and with their arsenal of 200+ nuclear weapons there's not a damn thing any Muslim nation could, or would, do about it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Care to name one such entity, OldCorp? See, here's the thing. I can name nation after nation of my people, and name man after man from the US (and Canada as well, if I wanted to) who defrauded and lied to them. I have historical examples all over the place, and I'm willing to put my money on the fact that you've only got vague generalities drawn from Daniel Pipes.

Ummm, ALL of them? And who is Daniel Pipes? Never heard of him.

Heh, speak about "lying to your enemies." You're aware that this argument is specious and false, put forth by the Israeli leaders as an excuse for why they keep breaking the cease-fires they sign, right? It's no different than how your own ancestors would reason that "well, the Indians are going to break this treaty anyway, we might as well save time and do it for 'em"

Which is the thing. Israel's the one out there breaking treaties and cease-fires, then feeding dupes like you this canned response of how it's okay to do it because the people getting screwed are Muslim, and therefor "deserve it" because the assumption is because they were Muslim they were going to break it anyway... even though they didn't.

Man, that statement is so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response.

That said, Israel hasn't broken all its treaties - it still has equitable trade agreements with Turkey, and the Israel-Egypt peace treaty and the Israel-Jordan peace treaty are still doing okay. Outside Israel, neither the Egyptians or Jordanians are making any real fuss about these agreements, while the Egyptians are even maintaining agreements made back in the 1800's. Israel could have a peace treaty signed and sent tomorrow with Syria, if it left Golan, and Syria would consider the whole thing settled and good. That is to say, even the worst offender in the region has a vetter track record and more political integrity than yours does.

Israel hasn't signed any treaties with the Palestinians. Every time they get close, the Palestinians break off negotiations and declare an "intifada." Also, I would imagine the reason Israel has maintained treaties with Turkey and Egypt is because those two countries aren't shelling Israeli towns EVERY SINGLE DAY.

As far as Syria goes, riddle me this Batman: Why did they have a nuclear plant that was producing plutonium if not to make nuclear weapons? At the risk of being ridiculed (once again) for my religious beliefs, Prophecy says that Damascus is slated to be destroyed in the blink of an eye, with people's tongues and eyes melting in their sockets. If I were the Syrians, I'd tread lightly.

Think about how broken treaties have affected my people? Friend, you'd be better off thinking about that yourself. We're not the ones who have ended up being ethically stunted moral midgets at this point in history, after all.

Do you have many "friends" that are "stunted moral midgets?"

*OK, I think I'm all caught up now. Next?
edit on 5/31/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Obama HAS spent more than all Presidents from Washington to REAGAN combined

And you failed to mention that Reagan spent nearly three times as much of all the presidents before him
COMBINED. From Washington to Carter... In fact if you compound the interest of Reagan + Bush 1 debt, you
get a figure of over 8 Trillion dollars, which is more than Clinton, Bush or Obama combined

But it is easier to compound your ire and ignore where the majority of our debt has come from in the first place right?

I wouldn't have jumped in, but I saw the phony narrative you are pursuing... Frankly I would not mind, but the supply siders and corporate shills, who created the modern debt mode of America, are trying to use this phony narrative to justify an amplification of the same policies that started this in the first place. Not to mention the fact that you did not mention the >8,000 DOW or 1/3 of the market disappearing in two months, which will preface
this period in books of historical record.

This mis management has been compounded just like debt

edit on 31-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

And you failed to mention that Reagan spent nearly three times as much of all the presidents before him
COMBINED. From Washington to Carter... In fact if you compound the interest of Reagan + Bush 1 debt, you
get a figure of over 8 Trillion dollars, which is more than Clinton, Bush or Obama combined

But it is easier to compound your ire and ignore where the majority of our debt has come from in the first place right?

I wouldn't have jumped in, but I saw the phony narrative you are pursuing... Frankly I would not mind, but the supply siders and corporate shills, who created the modern debt mode of America, are trying to use this phony narrative to justify an amplification of the same policies that started this in the first place. Not to mention the fact that you did not mention the >8,000 DOW or 1/3 of the market disappearing in two months, which will preface

I didn't mention it because what Reagan spent is included in the figures of "all Presidents before him." Besides, he's dead; or did you not get the memo?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I didn't mention it because what Reagan spent is included in the figures of "all Presidents before him." Besides, he's dead; or did you not get the memo?

It is entirely relevent if you are trying to paint this presidency as some sort of drastic turn from virtue.
But you wouldn't do that, would you???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It is entirely relevent if you are trying to paint this presidency as some sort of drastic turn from virtue.
But you wouldn't do that, would you???

While our leaders have been on a downward spiral when it comes to "virtue" since the 60's, Obama is by far the worst of the lot. He's a liar the likes of which this country has never seen (with the possible exception of George Bush and Dick Cheney.) He is PURPOSELY trying to destroy this country so that he can rebuild it into some kind of Communist/Fascist dictatorship in the image of his hero Chairman Mao.

So yes, I consider him to be drastically lacking in virtue when compared to his predecessors.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel hasn't signed any treaties with the Palestinians. Every time they get close, the Palestinians break off negotiations and declare an "intifada." Also, I would imagine the reason Israel has maintained treaties with Turkey and Egypt is because those two countries aren't shelling Israeli towns EVERY SINGLE DAY.

That's utter BS..
But even foregoing that, can you blame the Palestinians for resisting when as you clearly state, Israel has no intention of giving land back and in fact wants ALL the land..
Of course it's theirs because a fictitious book says so.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

That's utter BS..
But even foregoing that, can you blame the Palestinians for resisting when as you clearly state, Israel has no intention of giving land back and in fact wants ALL the land..

This is exactly why nothing but death and destruction will come for both of them.

Pride is their main killer. They cannot say enough is enough because it takes both parties to agree at the same time. Pride is and will be the downfall of the people of both lands. If they do not totally destroy themselves first, they will never stop fighting. It is one big clusterf%^%.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

That's utter BS..

I didn't say anything of the sort and you know it. I said IF they wanted to, nothing could stop them which is exactly the opposite of what you claim I said. And it's not BS and you know THAT too.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

This is exactly why nothing but death and destruction will come for both of them.

Pride is their main killer. They cannot say enough is enough because it takes both parties to agree at the same time. Pride is and will be the downfall of the people of both lands. If they do not totally destroy themselves first, they will never stop fighting. It is one big clusterf%^%.

No, it will continue because Israel has no intention of creating peace until every last Palestinian is gone and Israel has ALL the land they believe was given to them by God..

The only issue is that Israel will never admit that is their intention but both sides clearly know the truth..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh crap! I know I value everything that spews out of Gene Simmons mouth!

Yes you are so right, you're so learned and wise and moral.

pfffft.

Go defend Israel if you got a problem with it, Gene, I'm sure you can join the IDF. There is no Chosen people, religion is a scam.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I didn't say anything of the sort and you know it. I said IF they wanted to, nothing could stop them which is exactly the opposite of what you claim I said. And it's not BS and you know THAT too.

Umm, you have stated that the land belongs to Israel,all of it, because of God's word..

Please don't try to tell me how I think or what I know...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Umm, you have stated that the land belongs to Israel,all of it, because of God's word..

Please don't try to tell me how I think or what I know...

Conversely, don't put words in MY mouth.

The Bible does say that all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates belongs to the Jews; but they are not going to act to seize it - not in this lifetime.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Bible does say that all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates belongs to the Jews; but they are not going to act to seize it - not in this lifetime.

You REALLY believe that is not their intention??

Their actions say otherwise..
Settlements continue unabated and peace will NEVER occur while that continues..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Personally I would be even fine with Israel getting all the land, as long as they integrate The remaining Palestinians as citizens with equal rights in Israel. But of course thats not what the Palestinians want, at least not the leadership, nor what the Israelis want.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Brilliant rebuttal and I totally agree the thread starter was 'cherry picking' data to support his agenda. It seems he welcomes ANY distraction to deflect his weak attempt to prop up a has been washed up Rock Star idol who happens to share his myopic vision.

Credible, unbiased political opinion from this guy?
imageshack.us...
I'm holding out until a former Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle weighs in. LOL

/MD
edit on 31-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
Credible, unbiased political opinion from this guy?
imageshack.us...
I'm holding out until a former Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle weighs in. LOL

/MD
edit on 31-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

Pfffft. You Obamanots are amazing. Tell you what. When Obama has his own lunchbox, pinball machine, and custom painted coffin, then you let me know and I will start taking him seriously.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I dont disagree that Obama is on a track which looks like purposeful destruction of our country. But is is one of several in a row. Including Bush. Including Clinton. Including Regan.

The comment about Obamas spending is ridiculous to anything thinking person, since the whole bailout package and stimulus package were foregone conclusions. If a Republican had won, they would have done the same thing, the only major difference might have been in which direction a couple of the bones got tossed.

But a Republican COULDNT have won, could they? And maintained the "free spending Democrats" line of tripe partisan zombies love to spew, and a Republican could have never gotten away with continuing the Patriot Act, continuing torture, signing into law the ability to keep people in jail for life without trial, and starting two new wars. The liberal partisans zombies would be frothing at the mouth crying out for revolt if a Republican did that. Just like Constitution loving Republicans would have foamed at the mouth if Democrats had made an HUGE increase in the size of government like Bush and co. did with their "Homeland Security" and all its associated ticks.

I really cant respect anyone playing the partisan game anymore, and pretending its all "real" when clearly, both parties are pursuing the same agenda.

Its all a game. Who gets elected tells you primarily HOW you will be screwed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel has a right to occupy that land because they're being constantly attacked by palestinians. Between 2001-09, 8600 rockets were unleashed on them!!!! Do you think Israel will just sit back and let this happen? They're on the offensive and god willing they SHOULD expand their borders or at least occupy the areas where the rockets are being launched from in an attempt to defend themselves from it. Who are we to say they shouldn't defend themselves?

To defend or not to defend. That's the question. I guess the world wants Israel to sit calmly as more and more terrorists enter their country and increasing rocket attacks make them vulnerable. They should just wait and mind their own business and hope things get better. Well you know what will happen if that's what Israel does? What will happen is eventually the attacks will become so intense that Israel is FORCED to mount an offensive and it will be like none other we have seen in recent times. My guess is everyone will blame Israel and the UN will condemn it but I will back them 100% and I know many others will too and that's all that counts.

I think people WANT this situation to escalate that's why they want Israel to do nothing.

This BS Obama is putting out is just a tactic to appease his democratic friends. Ultimately, I think he's dumb enough to go along with it. The reason it doesn't work is because people on hte liberal side do no want to admit that Israel is defending itself in a hostile environment. They want to pretend Israel is the bad guy for whatever reason. I have no idea why because liberals have always confused the hell out of me. They make no sense because they eat their own sh**.

I think everyone in their heart of hearts knows that Israel is in the green. They know that this situation can't be stopped because Israel is defending itself and since palestinians will never stop attacking then this situation will never improve until they're all dead. But I think some people are anti-war just for the sake of being anti-war. They don't even know why. They just are. And I think a lot of them are liberal idealists. They will be anti-war regardless of how serious the circumstances have become. It's truly sad. It's an idealogy that could kill our species.
edit on 31-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join