It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Is about to become the GOP Lead Candidate for POTUS !

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

She would have missed that question on my Social Studies test for my 8th graders, along with a host of some of her other history answers.
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Screw Fox News. They're not debating this thread afaik. You are the one trying to pass off lies, misquotes and rumors as fact.

If you had bothered to read my full contribution you would see that I dropped my facade and offered my sincere and heartfelt assessment of why I believe Ms Palin is an unworthy candidate:

post by MaskedDebater

But apparently you just want to continue tit for tat. You and the thread starter (King of the 3 word sentence) are hardly worthy opponents in spirited debate. I suggest you go find Popeye the Sailor guy. At least he presents a strong case with sound logic and a decent link or two. Besides anyone who makes their own bullets is a serious adversary in my book.

So in the meantime since you just want to exchange unpleasantries I'll kindly oblige by pointing out the imbecilic faux pas, utter hypocrisy and phoniness of the topic of the thread. Here is a unique little Kodak moment of the Bimbo from Wasilla at the Memorial Day Rolling Thunder event. Of the hundreds of candid photos taken of her that day, it appears this highly staged one failed to make the rounds. Just another fake faith overture the day before she donned the Star of David during her New York visit.

"I love the smell of the emissions"

/MD
edit on 4-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: tweaking

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by mishigas

Oh Sarah, yep, she did it again, her latest history lesson:

www.politicususa.com...

Paul Revere and the 2nd Amendment
edit on 3-6-2011 by aero56 because: edit

Sarah Palin was right.
Paul Revere did in fact tell the British that the colonial militias, who had been alerted, were waiting for them.

gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com...

In fact, as pointed out at Conservatives4Palin, Revere did in fact tell the British that the colonial militias, who had been alerted, were waiting for them. Here is the original historical text written by Revere (spelling in original, bold added):

I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms

Palin's short statement on the video was less than clear; that sometimes happens but the part of the statement which has people screaming -- that Revere warned the British that the colonial militias were waiting -- appears to be true.

legalinsurrection.blogspot.com...

conservatives4palin.com...

There were no claims by Governor Palin that Paul Revere’s ride had anything to do with the 2nd Amendment as some spuriously claim. She simply indicated the immediate concern of Revere and the colonists. It appears that the media once again fail to grasp the history of our Founding again. You may recall that the media were in an uproar when Governor Palin encouraged Tea Partiers to party like it’s 1773, and the media claimed she didn’t know her Revolutionary War history. Oops. Governor Palin stated that this “One Nation” bus tour would, in part, draw attention to America’s founding and history. It looks like she is doing just that.

conservatives4palin.com...

Paul Revere's Midnight Ride
www.paul-revere-heritage.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If you had bothered to read my full contribution you would see that I dropped my facade and offered my sincere and heartfelt assessment of why I believe Ms Palin is an unworthy candidate:

Don't play that high and mighty game with me. *You* were the one spreading bullcrap as if it were fact. Then you think that saying "You can direct your ire towards FOX News. I thought they were beyond reproach among the right wingers? " puts you in the clear? You spread that kind of crap and then all of a sudden people are supposed to take you seriously? A fool who refers to Palin as a Bimbo? You quote a "Someone said" slur as if it is fact? You need to grow up, MD.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You got me.......Uncle. I'm nothing more than a miserable miscreant. I promise I will no longer quote what others have to say about Ms Palin. I will simply present what she says in her own words. Fair?

VP in charge of Senate?

/MD

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The vice president casts a vote in the U.S. Senate when there is a tie.
Did you fall asleep in civics class?
-------------------------
V.P. Dick Cheney was casting many votes back when the U.S. Senate was 50/50.
Remember?

---------------------------
Look on the bright side.
Gov. Sarah Palin knows how to say U.S. Navy Corpsman without looking like a fool.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

She would have missed that question on my Social Studies test for my 8th graders, along with a host of some of her other history answers.
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

So what? Have you seen Are You Smarter Then A Fith Grader? They had an actual rocket scientist on there that couldn't win.

I garuntee that most people on ATS couldn't tell you anything about him except for the outlandish tales about him without looking him up. Although they won't admit it. Even you would get it wrong if you didn't have your teachers edition text book that has all the answers in it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

VP in charge of Senate?

/MD

Once again, Sarah kicks your a$$:

VP

President of the Senate: Vice President of the United States

Under the Constitution, the vice president serves as the president of the Senate and presides over the Senate's daily proceedings. In the absence of the vice president, the Senate's president pro tempore (and others designated by him) presides. As one of the Senate's constitutional officers, only the Vice President has the authority to cast a tie-breaking vote.

edit on 4-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Article I of the Constitution establishes an exceptionally limited role for the Vice President — giving the office holder a vote only when the Senate is “equally divided”:
The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.

ThinkProgress contacted Senior Assistant Paliamentarian Peter Robinson, who also disputed Palin’s characterization of the Vice President’s role:

In modern practice the Vice President doesn’t really control the Senate. … If anyone has a responsibility to try to govern the Senate, it’s the responsibility of the two leaders.

thinkprogress.org...

In recent years, the role has been largely ceremonial. Vice President Dick Cheney has cast just eight tie-breaking votes during the Bush administration. Most recently in March, Vice President Cheney broke a tie on a procedural motion whether to consider an amendment that would have rolled back tax rates for the alternative minimum tax.

The vice president can also preside over floor debate in the Senate -- a role usually filled by the Senate president pro tempore, and more often done by first-term senators.

blogs.abcnews.com...

It is largely a ceremonial role and the VP can ONLY vote in case of a tie. Arguable she understood the nuance but I will concede that point. Hey I'm prone to be incorrect on occasion. I was going to argue that someone hacked my account and posted that but that defense doesn't seem too effective lately.

/MD

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hey I'm prone to be incorrect on occasion. I was going to argue that someone hacked my account and posted that but that defense doesn't seem too effective lately.

Ver ver funny!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hey I'm prone to be incorrect on occasion. I was going to argue that someone hacked my account and posted that but that defense doesn't seem too effective lately.

Ver ver funny!

Glad you have a sense of humor as I certainly don't take this stuff too seriously. Heck if we were neighbors, I'd probably mow your yard if I was cutting mine. We'd probably get along just fine. Unless,of course, you had any Palin yard signs. Then I'd have to fire up my chain saw.

/MD

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Glad you have a sense of humor as I certainly don't take this stuff too seriously. Heck if we were neighbors, I'd probably mow your yard if I was cutting mine. We'd probably get along just fine. Unless,of course, you had any Palin yard signs. Then I'd have to fire up my chain saw.

Hey, I could move!?
Yeah, I get you as far as taking this stuff seriously - there's no future in it.

As far as my Palin sign, be warned - I hide screws and nails all through the post!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes he did tell the British about the colonist after he was captured. Also he never screamed anything about weapons being taken away and what are the bells she's talking about?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just cannot begin to tell you how happy I am about this. I truly hope she gets the GOP nomination.

Then Comedy Central can take over, completely, all election news coverage throughout the next election cycle.

Sarah Palin Has No Idea Who Paul Revere Was, Or What He Did

Jabbering imbecile Sarah Palin and her rented tour bus continue to bring laughs to America. Here’s how she described Paul Revere’s famous 1775 secret horseback ride through the countryside where he quietly warned revolutionary conspirators of the British Army’s progress between Boston and Lexington, where they planned to arrest Samuel Adams and John Hancock: Quote: “He who warned uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin’ sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed.”

You must watch this video from the local news in Boston.
wonkette.com...

edit on 5-6-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

We'd get an epic 2 years of Daily Shows and Colbert Reports

Sarah Palin for president, Michelle Bachmann as VP...now that would be an unbeatable comedic duo

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Stratus9

We'd get an epic 2 years of Daily Shows and Colbert Reports

Sarah Palin for president, Michelle Bachmann as VP...now that would be an unbeatable comedic duo

Omg it might even bring back Saturday Night Live!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes he did tell the British about the colonist after he was captured. Also he never screamed anything about weapons being taken away and what are the bells she's talking about?

Where do you suppose he was going to hang the lanterns he used for signals? Thats right! the belltowers of churches!!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

i might be mistaken but weren't they going to use bells as a signal in the daytime?

btw, i've been over to paul's house, nice little place.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

As far as my Palin sign, be warned - I hide screws and nails all through the post!

Roger that and thanks for the heads up. Suppose I'll just grab the gas can and my Zippo then.

Hope the neighbors don't show up wearing their bed sheets.

/MD
edit on 5-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join