It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by armtx

DFW is the second largest IT and Technology zone in the US. We are rivaled only by Silicon Valley. A large chunk of the Fortune 500 has it's headquarters here.

I think we can manage without depending on IOUs from a corrupted and broken federal government.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The patriot act is there to help the people against terrorisms. How can these people not want this. What is so bad about checking your children and others. What if one of them were terrorists. BELIEVE , your gov't is trying to save you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Stop flying... that the best way to screw the Feds!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Texas is being unreasonable. There is nothing wrong for checking out peoples who could be terrorists. Don't you want a SAFE nation. You know, i would be glad to pay out more to have a safer nation. Woulden't you? What is wrong with that?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

That is unreasonable and will not solve a thing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

And I agree with you.
It is too bad the people getting on the planes do not agree with us however, as they surrender their 4th ammendement right before every flight.
It is a corporate mandate, and if you wanna get on their plane, you will be searched.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by armtx

DFW is the second largest IT and Technology zone in the US. We are rivaled only by Silicon Valley. A large chunk of the Fortune 500 has it's headquarters here.

I think we can manage without depending on IOUs from a corrupted and broken federal government.

And how quickly will those companies move out of Texas if no flights could go in or out of Texas??? Texans need to stop thinking they can stand on their own and admit that you are dependent on the country.

I agree with what the Fed did here...sorry Texans...but you play by the same rules as all of us. I don't want an airplane flying into my state coming from Texas where they are too uptight to get a pat down. So if you don't want to play by the rules...then you don't need to use US airspace.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree. The patriot act will be a great new addition to fighting off terrorisms. Good, now the police won't need a probable cause to enter your home. Now the terrorists can all be round up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Searching people without probably cause or a warrant is a violation of the 4th ammendment. It starts with Airports, then trains, then bus lines, then checkpoints on the road.. and every step of the way "you can choose not to..."

One chink in the armor is all it takes to eliminate all protection.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

A corrupt broken federal gov't. Sure that it is getting broke, taxpayers need to pay out more in taxes to help the system of gov't so that system can help you. You know that the gov't has a very hard burdened task to help all of YOU. The people mostly is the reason we are getting broke. Help UNCLE SAM, he helps you. Be proud of your country today and go outside and put on a big ole smile. Uncle sam would appreciate this alot.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is the point. The rules are not Constituional.

I can't believe someone on ATS is so brainwashed

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Texas is being unreasonable. There is nothing wrong for checking out peoples who could be terrorists. Don't you want a SAFE nation. You know, i would be glad to pay out more to have a safer nation. Woulden't you? What is wrong with that?

I do not think people are debating that they do not want to be safe. It is the methods in which it is being done and the violations in doing so. There are other options, check out Israels method for screening passengers and they do not have the problems, and time shows that they have been successful, and they do not violate peoples rights in the process.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

i say big bro is baiting us toward civil unrest! this is exactly what tptb would feed off of. make them starve. majority energy will rise thru their over inflated megamanic-egos...they are so 3rd dimensional...see ya! 3D IS SO OVER...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is the point. The rules are not Constituional.

I can't believe someone on ATS is so brainwashed

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh no...I'm brainwashed...because I live in reality instead of a fantasy.

You play by your fantasy rules...I'll play by the real world rules...and let's see who comes out on top.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Searching people without probably cause or a warrant is a violation of the 4th ammendment. It starts with Airports, then trains, then bus lines, then checkpoints on the road.. and every step of the way "you can choose not to..."

One chink in the armor is all it takes to eliminate all protection.

Searching without probable cause will eliminate TERRORISTS. Are you a terrorist? It will eliminate the terrorists. So, don't you want that? I say search and search them all, wherever they are. At the airport, at home, at the mall, the train station and anywhere possible. We do not want the terrorists peoples to get a foothold into the american dream. I want you to smile when your being searched. Be proud that your gov't is there for you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
[Be proud that your gov't is there for you.

Allow me to quote Ronald Reagan:

The scariest words in the English language are: Hello, we are from the government and we are here to help.

That pretty much sums it up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

You my friend. Wow. Either not serious, a troll, completely brainwashed or not firing on all cylinders. I have yet to decide. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I will assume you are joking/trolling here and if so hurrhurr very funny.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Called the number..

"Office of the Governer"
"Yeah, I was calling in support of HB 1937"
"OK I'll put you down, thank you"

end of call.

Just called and supported!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Just for fun, I went to look at all the flight paths the DOJ was threatening to close down ....

DALLAS FORT WORTH

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99c0fc8c813e.gif[/atsimg]

AUSTIN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ca34b44de39.jpg[/atsimg]

HOUSTON

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016f08f486af.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on, really? Do you really think they would have closed down air traffic over Texas? ... Really?

(and this is just a very VERY abbreviated display of flight activity.... )

Maxmars don't forget about the UPS hub and Fedex.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Putting a No Fly Zone over Texas would be one of the worst ideas ever. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. This is shear stupidity at its finest to even suggest something like this. Enough flights (even international ones) go through D/FW International alone that it would cause a serious ripple affect across the country. Sure, you could re-route some things, but there aren't many other major airports around the country that could handle the load of flights that would need to be accommodated just form that one airport. And what about all the flights from Love Field (also in Dallas)? Austin? San Antonio? Houston? Amarillo? Texas is so big, that would be like shutting down the airspace of most of Western Europe.

Also, what of the airlines based in Texas, like SouthWest? Would they have to stop all operations, or would it just be the flights here? And what of the military bases? What about NASA? What if they need to land at or take off from Johnson Space Center because they can't at Kennedy for some reason?

Again, shear stupidity to even suggest it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join