It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

I may be wrong,but if the Texans that I have had the privilege of working with are a reflection of the attitude and spirit of Texans in general,then the Federal Government has picked the wrong state to try and coerce!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I too would love to see this come down to a confrontation.
If we have a hard time rounding up some "camel riding, uneducated, bolt action firing, pajama wearing" types coming from across several country borders to fight for a strangers rights.
Imagine what would it would look like if bubba jumped on the CB and called the states Militias.
I do not believe very many if any would oppose them from our military.
If I were in the military's position I would surrender to the militia knowing they are right and claim they POW'd me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It seems to me the guy pulled the bill.

DOJ warns Texas Senate against anti-groping-bill (UPDATE: HB 1937 pulled)

Call the guy's office and tell him you gonna give him donation if he puts it back for vote and if he doesn't you'll give money to whoever opposes him.

Doesn't matter if you will give money or not. The threat alone might change is mind.

His number :

Call (713) 464-0282 Dan Patricks district phone number.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It seems to me the guy pulled the bill.

DOJ warns Texas Senate against anti-groping-bill (UPDATE: HB 1937 pulled)

Call the guy's office and tell him you gonna give him donation if he puts it back for vote and if he doesn't you'll give money to whoever opposes him.

Doesn't matter if you will give money or not. The threat alone might change is mind.

His number :

Call (713) 464-0282 Dan Patricks district phone number.

Just called it. Operator said he pulled it because it would not have passed with the 2/3 because 12 Senators dropped support. He is trying to talk them back. If it would have failed, that would have ended it. His pulling it was a way to keep it alive. She did not have a list of the 12 Senators who pulled their support

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've been stationed in Texas, twice. Now I'm going to say something that I thought I'd never say to a Texan.

To the representatives that backed down, you are COWARDS.
There.

I said it.

Never thought I would, though.
edit on 25-5-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just called my Senator.

He supports it fully, and he is a full on democrat. Surprise of all surprises.

That is my silver lining today, at least.

Edit: Senator Kirk Watson is the "ring leader" of a few that pulled support, FYI.

Link
edit on 5/25/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Texas needs to know the US of A bombs the snip outta oil-rich desert regions full of religious fanatics.

You are so obvious.

Texas needs to know that real Americans would never stand back and watch the corporate overlords bomb any US state into submission. If the PTB are looking for a tipping point, attacking a US state would be the fastest way to find it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This threat doesn't just affect Texas. As a previous poster showed, flights from around the nation go to and from Dallas. Half of the flights from the airport in my current city are to there. What would happen if Texas had a no-fly zone imposed? I'll tell you what: airlines are going to have a massive hit in their pocketbooks.

I can't speak for all of us, but this Kansan is behind the efforts of the Texas Legislature. Wish I could actually help more than alerting my friends there in Texas to these events.

Edit:

Just though of something after posting. Air Traffic Controllers are still nationalized right? This could be the avenue of enforcement should the law pass. Texas may have to set up its own air traffic control system at this rate.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Sir Solomon because: Thought of something I wanted to include.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

And on that TSA blog article it is stated that 90% people do not complain about the pat downs. What bs. If you complain you get threatened. If you try to leave the area, they won't let you without the pat down....

You forgot all those who now refuse to fly. 100% of those object to being GROPED!

Ain't Lying with Statistics great?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Agreed a standoff between feds and civilians is a skirmish, but bombs mean full on war.
Anyone who would bomb the US foreign or domestic will be dealt with.
Bombs are indiscriminate and do not care for anything, this is unforgiveable.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Theres not alot I can add that hasnt already been said by someone.
But reading through this thread,this scene/show popped into my head......

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

HERE IS THE INFO YA'LL NEED....
CALL THIS DUDE!

Contact Information
Kirk Watson, Texas Senate
PO Box 12068
Austin, TX, 78711
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 512-463-0114
Fax: 512-463-5949

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I find no mention of this story ANYWHERE on any of the Houston media outlets web sites!

How can this be!!!?

I know that if the public in general got wind of this, all the switchboards in Austin would go crazy!

I have alerted all the news stations here, we shall see.

Any other Texans out there hear of this through the main stream media in their locality?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Nope. Heard of it here and Facebook

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

While this legislation and all of the circumstances surrounding it may seem like an odd rallying point for the Texas Nationalist Movement, it must be.

Our Cassandra's Cry has, for years, been that the Constitution of United States has been destroyed and that there is no saving the Union. The TSA's actions in fondling men, women and children is a violation of the rights guaranteed in the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution. Texans should have the right to be secure in our papers, persons and pants.

We are not.

In addition, Texas should have the right under the 10th Amendment to regulate activities within its own borders and stand against the intrusion of the Federal Government into the lives of Texans that exceeds its Constitutional mandate.

We do not.

In essence, the Federal Government has said that:

The Constitution doesn't matter.
If you don't let us fondle your men, women and children then we will cripple your economy.

This is a message that has been repeated on more than one occasion over the last several years. On the issues of energy, agriculture, the border and many others, the Federal Government has stuck to their party line - this is our party and you'll cry if we want you to.

If they believe that tyranny administered by the TSA is acceptable then I invite Lt. Governor Dewhurst and Sen. Watson to bring their wives and children to the South Steps of the Capitol where they will be given a standard TSA search. If, after subjecting their spouses and children to this humiliating public display as thousands of other Texans have, they still find it acceptable then we will never speak on this subject again.

Link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The one responsible for the ``death`` of this bill are THE FEDS AND THEIR LETTER... and Texas Lieutenant Governor, David Dewhurst.

Call that corrupt bastard and tell him you'll give money to anyone who runs against him if he doesn't back down.

Lt. Governor David Dewhurst
Capitol Station
P.O. Box 12068
Austin, Texas 78711
512 463-0001
512-463-0677 (FAX)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just posted to myfoxdfw.com contact us form to try to get them aware of the issue.

I advise others to get the news talking about this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think that lousy TSA lawyer is writing a great big old check with his mouth that his ass sure as hell can't cash.

With this economy?

Making Texas a No-Fly zone would be like cutting the nation's throat. TSA would have more damned injunctions thrown at in more courts than you can shake a stick at, and a fair number of other states would probably join in with their own versions of that bill.

Hang together and tough Texans! Get those twelve cowards back aboard and stuff this bill right up TSA's rear end.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Just did that about 30 minutes ago. Every single TV and radio station in my area, plus all the personalities got an email from me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The laws goes like this . . .

Intrastate Travel - State law governs travel within its own state.

However, with Interstate Travel (travel from state to state) federal laws override state law. Congress derives this authority from the "Commerce Clause" in the United States Constitution. Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution provides that Congress may "regulate Commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes."

I suppose Texas could make it illegal to pat down people flying inside Texas, but any traveler to or from another state or country, could get the pat down. Ultimately its about the 4th Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join