It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just in. Governor's office is taking a call in poll NOW on how we feel.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Just in. Governor's office is taking a call in poll NOW on how we feel

Is there a link to that? Im looking at the governers office website but am unable to find anything.

governor.state.tx.us...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Do you have a number to call or a link to a phone number? I am from Connecticut so ultimately my voice doesn't matter in the Texas Senate, but I would like to call and commend them and let them know that they have support for what they're doing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by Konah

512-463-2000

No link. Heard it on the radio

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Called the number..

"Office of the Governer"
"Yeah, I was calling in support of HB 1937"
"OK I'll put you down, thank you"

end of call.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yeah, it's just the number for the main switchboard at Gov Perry's office.
They told me there was no phone poll going on.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Woohooo! First time I ever called the number! Heres how the conversation went.

Me- "Im calling in refrence to a bill currently in the legislature."
Operator - "You mean 1937"
Me- "Yup, Im for the bill!"
Operator - "Okay, got it."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just for fun, I went to look at all the flight paths the DOJ was threatening to close down ....

DALLAS FORT WORTH

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99c0fc8c813e.gif[/atsimg]

AUSTIN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ca34b44de39.jpg[/atsimg]

HOUSTON

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016f08f486af.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on, really? Do you really think they would have closed down air traffic over Texas? ... Really?

(and this is just a very VERY abbreviated display of flight activity.... )

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by rogerstigers

Same here

Gogol Texans

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Meant GOGO Texans. xD. Spell check is dumb sometimes.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Texas should call their bluff and tell them to GTFO.

Let the revolution begin.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sad the fight for our rights was short lived. Shows how nutless our representation actually is. The people of texas need to let their government know how sucession has become a serious option. If we get no help so be it. I would rather have the state government on the side of the people, but if not they should know that we would overthrow them to declare our independance from the ever increasingly tyrannical federal government. I welcome people of other states to move here and join, while interstate travel is still permitted. Our government may be crap, but our people won't tolerate tyrrany. Defect the "incorporated states of america" and join texans. Prolly a pipe dream, but something has to replace the american dream, may it rest in peace.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to see this one come down to a confrontation.... the fed needs to be put in it's place!

That place is: SUBSERVIENT TO THE WILL OF STATES and states exist for one reason only TO SERVE THEIR PEOPLE. notice i say SERVE! If we do not take the reins back we deserve what we get.

Surely we must stand together or we shall all hang separately.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Anyone know when the poll results will be released? Im going to guess theres an overwhelming majority for the bill.

Just a little FYI - I think the office closes at 5pm

governor.state.tx.us...

Office of the Governor Main Switchboard [office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST] :
(512) 463-2000

edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't understand the big deal. TSA is just one of the many options available.
Can't an airport kick out the TSA and just put in a private security firm that won't publicly molest you?

Why doesn't someone challenge the constitutionality of the pat downs in court?
I know it will be a long shot to do that. However it will raise awareness and make lawyers rich.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Texas needs to know the US of A bombs the snip outta oil-rich desert regions full of religious fanatics.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i don't think anything is going to come of this, the feds making empty threats...again, close down the airspace then what? explain to every other state why texas is being singled out unconstitutionally, and that it could happen to any of them? if the TSA loses this there gonna start getting kicked out of every airport state to state, hence the audacity to threaten something so completely out of their control !! i call BS on the MSM especially!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If this is true, then the Feds have screwed witht the wrong state. Texas is known for sticking to their guns no matter what. They are a proud state and stick to what they feel is right. Oklahoma, where I'm from, will soon follow suit. They are pretty much the same, even though the two have a HUGE rivalry going.

This administration is playing a dangerous game of chicken and they will lose.

They will lose because they will never shut down the airspace. It would not only cause a domestic uproar, but an international one also. Imagine how many international tourist would be stranded because of this.

Call their bluff Texas. This is one time an Oklahoma boy will support you.

I might add that I'm not against the TSA screenings. I am supportive of Texas solely on the fact that the federal government is impeding on the states right to govern their people.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
I say pass the bill and then watch the people of Texas riot after their government has restricted them from flying in and out of the state. This could be a huge win for the state if they would just call the governments bluff. Could you imagine the uprising from people if the government did this!

Pass the bill and let everything fall into place!

There would be a lot of private companies operating with or without permissions so I say Pass The Dam Bill Already!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You drive an excellent point with flight path destruction.
Now let me compound that, any out of country or out of state flights that passed Texas airspace would have to recalculate as well, it is doable but at a huge cost.
The PTB simply could not get away with it.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join