It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Come on Texas, fight back, pass the bill.

Then let the feds close the airspace.

Then let Texas secede and reopen the air space.

Here is how it should work.

1. Put the bill on the table.
2. Draw up plans to secede, just in case.
3. Pass the bill.
4. Wait for fallout.
5. If the fallout is negative, implement the plan to secede.
6. Reopen airspace under the name of Republic of Texas.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah, thats how its suposed to work, the democratic way as its reffered to as. but no.our government issuing a threat over politics and paperwork..something def aint right with that. its more like being a dictator and stripping our freedoms aways.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

You can say no however it takes a lot of back bone. Apparently something even your leaders don't have. The only thing this world runs on is money. If they cant't fly in commercial planes it going to cost a lot of money. People with true backbone would have beat them to the puch and refused any commercial airline in the state. Only private planes at their airports everybody else out. But like I said that would cost a lot of money. I read that in Texas some of your main highways are private owned by foreign countries. Apparently your leaders didn't know how to say no to those money grabbers either.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Dont give in Texas. Screw them.

If they actually do declare a no fly zone over Texas, it might just be the spark that ignites the fire under the butt of the American people. Especially if the allies start bombing like they did the second they declared a no fly zone over Libya.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It is a thought however the Texas politicians already backed down. It was either going to cost them too much money or cost some of them their careers. Texas legislature is no different than the rest of the 50 states. All mouth for their voters big pockets for the money from the powers that be.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I smell a revolution if that happens. this is total BS. I will vote against everyone currently in office!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Can you imagine the impact of closing the air ports and shutting down air traffic over Texas?

Can we really believe that the government would take such an economically devastating approach to 'influencing' the public policy of a sovereign state of the union?

There is something larger than the inconvenience and humiliation of public searches here.

But we already know that the party controls the politicians and it's unlikely that they would stand a chance surviving politically if they didn't do as they are told by the party. Even if the legislator was steadfastly committed to moving this bill, and the subsequent debate, into the record; it doesn't mean his colleagues' support wouldn't fail for the same reasons they usually do - loyalty to the party before loyalty to the country.

I don't believe that threat was realistic, and I certainly don't believe that they would have done anything other than whine about the new Texas law.

But when the media is used to tell American's that 9 in 10 US citizens are "OK" with "searches without demonstrable cause"... you know they are not going to play fair.... hopefully most Americans are starting to "know better."
edit on 25-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The difference is that Texans are different. You guys should all show up with shotguns on the capital steps and put a little pressure on your politicians. I know quite a few Texans, and I am only half kidding.

Of course our (your) politicians are bought and paid for little corporate wussies. Thats a given in every state of the nation. But what are WE going to do about it? The only reason they get away with it is because we dont pressure them on the local level. We really need to start, and if there is any state in this nation where the people have the balls to do it, its Texas.

Im impressed too with Arizona for standing up for itself, too. We all need to begin to stand up and say no. But someone has to start, and then the rest of us need to publicly support them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree Maxmars. They would never have pulled a no fly zone, not only would it have hurt businesses, and they would never have allowed their lap dogs to do that, but I think our politicians KNOW that the people have just about had enough of their bullsnip, and a stunt like that could set off a powder keg.

I think the Texans should have forced their politicians to call the big dogs bluff.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been said yet, but this bill was UNANIMOUSLY passed in the House earlier this month.

One more thing - Was the bill just only shut down in the Senate? Does this mean it could go back to the House and everything start all over again?

Edit - Link that says the House vote was unanimous.newsfeed.time.com...

In another bout of tough press for TSA, the Texas House of Representatives unanimously passed a bill on Friday that prohibits "intrusive touching" when people are seeking access to public buildings and forms of transportation.

Another side issue - Senate unanimously voted to strike down the trans texas corridor a few days ago.

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/texas-legislature/headlines/20110521-senate-votes-to-drive-final-stake-through-trans-texas-corridor.ece[/ url]

The Senate unanimously passed a bill that strikes from state law any language, reference and authority once connected to the massive highway envisioned to slice a swath through Texas.

The highway corridor to parallel Interstate 35 had been a signature issue for Perry, but it was doomed after angry citizens rebelled against the private contracts, the massive proposed taking of private land and what was seen as arrogance by state transportation officials.

edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wonder what this century's civil war will be blamed on. Racism, I guess. It's apparently racist to not enjoy federal goons sticking their hands down your pants. Nice.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by redrose123

Texas Congress says his bill can be resubmitted, but it has to be done TODAY.

Texans, you know what to do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I cannot see the majority of americans revolting n fighting back. maybe a small pocket of protesters, thats about it. gets nothing done, and like the powers to be realy care..their alughing at you protesters, especially when police in riot gear shoot tear gas, and use thier battons on you/them.
they just snuff thier nose at the small insignificance. too many people are on pharmacutical drugs like demeroll, zanax..making you weaker in the short run, run down, tired and way outof balance. hard to revolt if your strung out*

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Texas Congress says his bill can be resubmitted, but it has to be done TODAY

Woah, I just saw that after finishing typing my last post. Does this mean resubmit into the Senate or House?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Don't count the people of Texas down and out! We may have lost the battle for now, but the war is still on! People in Texas are particularly sensitive to having our rights infringed on, and we don't take it lying down! Texans are a unique people in that we don't sit back and just take a bunch of bull. We "blitz" our politicians and DEMAND that they do their job- which is representing "we the people". Please don't judge us all by "W", something changed in him when he got to D.C. that nobody saw coming!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Bill's author's comments

(Austin) - In a brazen show of disregard for the dignity and the constitutional rights of American citizens, the Department of Justice (DOJ) threatened on Tuesday to cancel flights from Texas airports if the Texas Legislature enacts HB 1937 into law.

HB 1937, a bill to stop the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) from employing invasive pat-downs of travelers’ private parts unless there is probable cause, has garnered broad support in Texas. 94 House members from both parties coauthored the bill, and the Senate has registered both a Republican and a Democrat as sponsors. The bill passed unanimously at all three stages so far-out of the relevant House committee, on both House floor votes, and again out of the relevant Senate committee. With the bill scheduled for a Senate floor vote, the DOJ issued an ultimatum to the leadership of the Texas legislature.

Either Texas backs off and continues to let government employees fondle innocent women, children and men as a condition of travel, or the TSA will cancel Texas flights. The Federal Government showed its willingness to bully the State of Texas if attempts to protect passengers from being forced to give up constitutional rights are not dropped.

(more)

davidsimpson.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Listen please,
First off I personally see nothing wrong with what the tsa is doing other than federal employees are protecting corporate assets.
Citizens surrender their rights before getting on the planes; it is not their plane that they are riding on, so I'm ok with that.
But it is the individual citizens’ fault for surrendering their rights and freedom for someone else’s or corporate security.
Many do not suffer the pat down, they have their own aircraft.
It is not your safety the tsa fears for, it is the loss of a plane or the insurance monies that are paid out, the bad press that comes with crashes, Etc.
That said the federal government is giving free security to the corporations.
Make the airlines pay for all of the tsa employees and see how quickly budgets get cut.
Remember all of you can say but this is a democratic republic or we have democracy.
Bull, we have an oligarchy.
If you see it any other way than that you are simply delusional and daft.
The power could be put back in our hands if we wished it so.
However this will not happen in a voting booth, you see as long as we have career politicians we will have this problem.
This bill was not killed by federal threat; it was killed by a career politician that just did not want to fall on his own sword.
We need to unify and force our politicians to see things our way via mass protest.
But these politicians do not fear us.
Why you ask?
We are not organized or smart enough.
Sure the tea party had a good go and got some good press time along the way then got co-opted. Where is it now?
First things first, education is paramount.
Remember when they used to say stay in school?
That was so you'd get your basic skills down.
If you cannot organize a sentence how are you supposed to organize a worthy defense?
First we need to become educated.
Second we need to make serious term limits and not the crap they have talked about before.
One term, no pension no insurance; remember it is a “public service” position.
You do it because you love your city, state or country and want to help, not to get rich
It is as simple as that.
With term limits big corp. would have to pay off everyone and many would be bad investments as nobody would be worried about re-election.
This would kill the idea of an oligarchy, as they could not get a firm grasp on our public servants.
I do believe Texas will be the epicenter of the flashpoint as there are more freethinking individuals down there and as in the past Texas was it’s own country.
This holds a lot of weight in people’s minds.
Organization is key, educate, demonstrate, obliterate.
Just my take on rights and how to keep them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The sad reality is that the federal government will get their way, either way. If we had passed the bill, they would have affected a de facto no fly zone over Texas by not allowing flights to or from Texas. Lets say we fight that measure and open flights back up. You can bet the rent money that there would have been a conveniently timed terrorist attack of some sort to teach us a lesson and get us back in the flock. And yes, I am proposing that our government would actually undertake a false flag attack in order to see it's will done. There is a plenitude of historical documentation to support this notion.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by buni11687

Senate, I believe, but will need 2/3 to pass

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by buni11687

Senate, I believe, but will need 2/3 to pass

Senate, yes.. the 2/3 is to ensure it is enacted immediately instead of in September, I believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join