It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

a law can't nullify a constitutional right

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

However, with Interstate Travel (travel from state to state) federal laws override state law. Congress derives this authority from the "Commerce Clause" in the United States Constitution. Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution provides that Congress may "regulate Commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes."

This commerce clause BS has been used for too long to bully states into giving more federal powers.

After the revolution, the commerce clause should get the boot.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

a law can't nullify a constitutional right

Right.

Maybe it is past due time to revisit the FDR packed-SCOTUS take on the commerce clause. FDR's SCOTUS crooks extended the commerce clause way, way beyond its original meaning just so as to give cover to FDR's programs.

As is currently, the cc is like 20 pound sack that's been holding 100 pounds of horse-puckey since then.

Personally, I'd welcome a constitutional challenge to TSA on any subject; let them burn their budget on defending themselves in the courts, so maybe they won't have much money to fuel the travel nazis.
edit on 25-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
c'mon Texas
show a set of balls

the title should read:

FEDS grope Texas Legislature.

Secede already and let's get this
Revolution kicked off. Many states
will follow.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow. It's like the feds are just trying to push our buttons on purpose. As much as I would dislike being in Texas, I'm gonna promise you crazy bastards that I'd sneak over your border to help you out if the feds ever went beyond threats.

I'm hoping the source is exaggerating because, if not, we are just seeing the beginnings of an inevitable conflict. As somebody else mentioned, the US likes bombing oil-rich desert regions with religious people living in them. Maybe they'll even claim they are spreading democracy to Texas

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
After the revolution, the commerce clause should get the boot.

AMEN !!!
and a double AMEN !!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am born and raised in Texas and have not heard anything about this...

But if it is true... Good luck getting Texas to back down.... We know what we want and we don't quit...

Hollow threats wont get in our way.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Heard??
Heard what, did something happen in Texas maybe another tornado or more arrested illegals?
/end sarcasm
Of course not, the corporation would not allow sensetive information to the masses.
They might decide to take an active roll and get an education.
Educate, Demonstrate, Obliterate.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here Bro. lemme fix that little typo of yours.

Lt. Governor David Dewhurst
Capitol SHAME
P.O. Box 12068
Austin, Texas 78711
512 463-0001
512-463-0677 (FAX)

There ya go!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Let's be realistic here.

Rick Perry : Texas Governor : Member of Bilderberg. Total sellout.
Lieutenant governor of Texas : David Dewhurst : Ex-CIA, worked for the US state department, ex officer in the air force, he's also the richest man in Texan politics, he's got $200 million.

The only way that SOB Rick Perry is gonna sign this bill is if there's a super majority of votes. Even if there's no super majority, at least this bill will force him to side with the people or be exposed as the fraud he is.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have not lived in Texas, but it is on my radar as a consideration for me to move.

If there is one thing I have learned about Texans, it is very difficult to get them to do something that they do not want to do.

Do not let me down Texas, you people are awesome.

Stand your ground and throw the crap right back at them. Do not succumb to their threats.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Domestic terrorism at its best from the US Federal Government.

As simple as that.

It meets the definition exactly doesn't it? Threatening, scaring, taking away the liberty of a people through fear? Needless to say the economic terrorism this'd cause for the state.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Well, now that is a sticky situation there.
Your rights end where mine begin right?
You must keep this in mind when i tell you that it is a fact that a corporation is a PERSON

We cannot go and violate another ...persons right can we?
/end sarcasm.

This is something that really needs to be abolished.

After all corporations are not prosecuted like you and I.
I would love the idea of being able to commit just about any crime and only recieve a financial punishment.
edit on 25-5-2011 by g146541 because: this field would be blank if i didn't write anything here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Oh, it's true alright. Call your Senator to confirm.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Oh. My. Goodness. How credible is this site? Havent read it yet, but I will. I'm guessing this would effect the tsa, so the gov wont have none of that. Would the no fly zone effect the u.s. Bases here? I need to hear other opinions please! Ok, off to read. Those are just my first thoughts that ran through my head

Goodlord... the TSA doesn't have anything to do with military bases Its obvious they are talking about the commercial aviation (airline) industry.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Are people actually showing up to protest?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by g146541

A TSA agent does not have a right to grope anyone

???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
I say pass the bill and then watch the people of Texas riot after their government has restricted them from flying in and out of the state. This could be a huge win for the state if they would just call the governments bluff. Could you imagine the uprising from people if the government did this!

Pass the bill and let everything fall into place!

Can anyone say, Martial Law. Remember TEXAS, they have alot of trainning lately. All they have to do is believe in thier gov't.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Yes it sure is, and I for one am one American who is absolutely sick of it. Texas has my full support from CA to pass this, the TSA's regulations are unconstitutional, so is the Patriot Act by the way.

As someone who's sworn an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies foreign and domestic, I will say right now that in my opinion TSA is a form of domestic psychological terrorism. I am not ok with it at all and will not allow myself to be subjected to it, and have great wishes that the rest of my countrymen would agree to stand up against this, speak up and be heard. We do not need it, we do not want it, no longer.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here is how this will shake out:

Feds-you dont want us groping people at the airports?

Texas-You got that right my man, it aint happing in Texas anymore!

Feds-Fair enough Texas, we are relocating all of our GOVERNMENT JOBS to another state and no Federal project can be made within the border of Texas. Tell Boeing,JPL and 100 of other business good bye at the state border.

Texas-WELL, lets not get all crazy.

Feds-NOPE, we are going to collapse your country and let Mexico do what it wants with it.

Texas-We still got oil, how do you like that UNCLE SAM?!?

Feds-Alaska has plenty...piss off.

I love the BIG TEXAS attitude, but you are in over your heads. I cant think of one state that relies more on the Federal government than Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join