It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Could have been hypnagogia. Where you on the verge of sleep or wide awake when it happened? Other possibility could be some form of mental illness. It would be worth going to a doctor to make sure

It could possibly also be a toxin present in your house, although your son and anyone else present in the house would also be experiencing similar effects. Have a word with your son, see if he is also experiencing similar effects

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This has happened to me twice in my life. The first time I was sound asleep and jolted upright in bed, like something yanked me upright. I was dazed and confused and went back to sleep. The next morning my son called and told me he had a deer jump in front of his car and it had scared him to death.
The second time was when I had just gotten off work. I got into my car and heard my name being called, I looked around me thinking it was one of my co workers. No one was there. The next day I learned my Mother had a stroke and had been sitting in her chair incapacitated for over 24 hours. My son found her and got her to the hospital where she did not recover.
My advice to all of you who are hearing your name being called is to pay attention and try to focus on who is trying to call you. I wish I had.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You probably had a hypnogogic experience, look it up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

yea cus its in ur head

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
OMG YES! I've never said this has happened to me to anybody else before because it's such a weird thing to say. It's happened a few times, but it's always a voice I recognize, like my best friends or something. :S

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi there! When did you hear that for the first time?
I've had that several times in my life and now I know what it means!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yeah, Ive had this happen. Ive even heard someone yell "Wake Up" and I bolted upright instantly to find no one was around. very strange. Like someone was right next to my ear

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was lying down a few nights back and I heard a double heartbeat. I don't know if that counts but it's what I heard. Another occasion I heard a voice saying "Find me" or something like that. I think it was him.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhileAlexSleeps

If you keep yourself open and discuss weird things that happen to you, you'll find that a lot of people experience the same strange things. Especially on ATS!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
S&F

This is a great discussion.

It hapenned to me at least 3 times I can remember one time was in my sleep and woke me up in others I was just ling down...I could not say the name was screamed is more like I was called ...

It also comes with a strange feeling ..I can not put it in words.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
you could be experiencing Hypnogogic Hallucinations , these are are hallucinations created by the brain while you are deeply relaxed while going to sleep. i have really gotten into lucid dreaming the past few months and i have experenced this before. i have heard voices on several occasions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have had this happen distinctly 3 times -- twice in 1 night and the 3rd being just this week.

The 1st 2 times i was on a camp out -- Scoutmaster with his troop. It was myself and 1 other adult leader. We were with about 12 boys between the ages of 11 and 14.

It was cold -- in the 20's in January. I was in a ten on 1 end of the row of about 7 tents, and the other leader was on the other end. I was sleeping, and it was like i was in a mid dream/ semi awake but no where close to being awake state but I heard a very audible soft mid whisper type voice say "He wake up". Being in that mid dream/ semi awake but no where close to being awake state, i remember saying to myself "Im dreaming".

Persistantly, the voice called out again "Hey wake up". Again, in my mind I dismissed it again. After the 3rd time, I was a little more awake and heard it yet again so i remember waking up and deciding to lay there to see if I heard anything. I did. On the far end of camp, the son of the other adult was trying to call his dad. He wasn't saying "hey wake up" but was saying "dad dad I need you". So I get up and go to check on him -- he was 11 at the time -- and ends up he had a 103 degree (ferienhiet) fever.

Ok, dad gets up takes him home and i lay back down and chalk it up to I heard him calling.

20 minutes later, it happens again. Ive just gone to sleep and I hear "hey wake up" ......twice this time. So I wake up and decide to lay there and listen again. Well me laying there wasn't good enough. I heard light footsteps circling my tent and walking right in front. They were light enough to be either a fox or a deer. I thought "If it is close enough to be in camp, I want to see it". As soon as I look out I see our newest scout fixing to step into what he thinks is a dead bed of coals where we had a fire the night before. In reality, it was still a 2 inch thick bed of coals and he was about to get toasted.

Could the footsteps have been him? Maybe - but probably not as the distance from my tent to the fire pit was quite a ways away and I looked out immediately upon hearing the footsteps and he had already placed a chair in the pit and was starting to step in. Not enough time to walk that far and do all of that.

The 3rd time I heard a voice .........was just this week. I was in a meeting with a scout and 1 other adult. I hear my name called out -- almost like you would call someone to "come here i need you now" type call. Upon hearing it, it caused me to immediately jump up and open the door to look in the hallway. When I didn't see or hear anyone, I look back at the other 2 and they had a "what are you doing" look on their face and i asked "Didn't you hear that? Didn't you hear someone call me??"

Neither of them did. Not sure what that was about. I did feel kinda sickish Monday night and was extremely tired all day yesterday (the day after) even though I had gone to bed early Monday night. Feeling back to normal today.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ever since I was little, I would wake up in the middle of the night and see people in my room. I use to get up and try to socialize with them, but as I got older, I learned to just ignore it and go back to sleep. it only happens once or twice a year, but still freaks me out a little.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I used to have this happen a lot to me as a kid growing up... thing is this, I've been 65% deaf since I was a child. and it is a very loud call of my name that seems to to come from the center and and behind me.

I never told anyone because I didn't want to look like I am crazy...

My daughter that is now 23 came to me a few times when she was about 5yo and told me that late at night she has been awoken by the sound someone tapping a few times and whispering her name.. spooky.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.. this is something that has haunted me for a while and i am happy to see others share this experience.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Years ago....about 8...we had recently moved into my husband's best friend's house. We were having some financial difficulty and they were beginning a business together. He was a mortgage broker and had just bought a huge huge house. So, he invited us to live with him, while we rented our house out..just till the business got off its feet. (Which, thankfully it did and is still going, and....we are back in our own home!) anyway....it was a brand new house, not sure if it was built on top of anything in the ground, but I had a habit of falling asleep on the couch downstairs with the tv on. I just did not like the idea of going up to bed in this huge 6 bedroom house, woods all around us, being in there alone, just me and my 2 year old.

So I would always go to sleep on the couch and wait for the the guys to come home from work. On this particular night, they were going out for drinks after. I had just fallen asleep, and someone was calling my name softly and shaking my shoulder. I totally thought it was one of them to wake me up. Imagine my surprise when I look to the back of the couch and see..absolutely no one! I then thought, maybe it was my 2 year old? I got up..looked all around, no one there.

But I could still feel it, thats how real it was....someone definitely shook my shoulder and called my name...softly. So, I then got a bit freaked out and slowly made my way to all the doors downstairs... ...the laundry room had a door that lead to the side garage...locked. the kitchen had 2 seperate doors that went to two seperate porches...locked...the basement door....locked...other garage door..locked....front door? not only was it unlocked? it was left opened a crack.

It was a heavy door and I was forever forgetting to make sure I pushed it closed. Well, this time it happened to be around 1am...and here I was in a 500k house, with the front door unlocked, opened. I might as well have placed a sign that said "robbers welcome!" so...stranger? The next morning we had police cruisers all up and down our street, turned out, one of the houses on our street has in fact been broken into.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have definitely had my name called or just heard random words, but I always feel like I was just startled awake, even though I really felt like I was already awake. I always assumed it had something to with ptsd.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
interesting thread! AIve had this happen to me at least 2 times i can remember through my lifetime..possible 1 or 2 more times. It sems in my case..ide be sleeping, deep sleep, and a woman, sounding like my sister would call my name, front of my head, out loud ide wake up all dramatized and 'whats the fuss about', and realize if i didnt wake up..ide be very late for work. its like thier was a females voice waking me up...and no one else was home but me* thats weird* i attribute this to angels maybe, or guardian angel watching over me.
would love to meet or know who the female is...and the significance of waking me up only 2 times like that..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This happened to me just last week. I had woken up and was just laying in bed with my eyes closed. I thought I was fully awake but its quite possible I was drifting. Suddenly I heard my name called loudly right next to me. It wasn't screamed but was said in a loud urgent tone that you would use if you wanted someone to wake up NOW. I shrugged it off and said well I guess it's time to get up.

I was hoping there would be some cool coincidence like an urgent issue at work or something to give reason as to why I needed to get up right then, but there was nothing.

One thing to note, I have a very good audio memory, and the voice that said my name was female and not one that I recognize.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've experienced that a lot when sitting at the computer doing stuff.

I think it has to do with the fact that my name gets called a lot every day so my brain is always on the lookout for someone calling me and then misinterprets the sounds i hear if they're close (tonewise) to the voice of people living with me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
NOw that i think of it..both times, the woman sounded like my younger sister, and in both cases, i was under bad emotional feelings, and had fallen asleep, then unconsciously, hear my name called out, waking me in lost disbelif as too whos thier, realizing looking at clock ide be late for work had i not heard the womans voice.
very mystifying indeed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join