It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by bcroper

Not my name screamed but I have been lying down settling down to sleep and been startled by a slap on the back of my head...and it wasn't my wife. I was alone in the house and I could still feel it when I sat up. Also, the windows in my house will start rattling for no reason late at night...anyone had that happen?

Could be you smacked yourself while you were asleep and woke yourself up? I did that last week with a fingernail across my eyeball. Scratched cornea - smarted for the rest of the day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Like I said they are noises that your brain has heard before and the transition between sleep and being awake triggers the sound to be reproduced in the head.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Well I have had things happen like that many times, though during most of them I was awake. I remember one day walking down the hall at work and I heard my name being screamed in my hear. However, it wasn't loud, it was more like when you hear someone screaming from far away. I knew it couldn't have been anyone working there because I was alone in the hallway and the name that was called was something only my closest friends and family call me. This has happened on many occasions. Honestly it makes me feel kind of crazy, not afraid crazy, but the kind of crazy like "hey I'm hearing voices" kind of crazy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by leelo

wow, read the rest of the posts. It's nothing special. It's a audio memory being triggered and reproduced in your head.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
happens to me more than
it really should. its pretty crazt usually happens to me before falling asleep

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Seems everyone is experiencing different things..

the Prophet Samuel ( 1 Sam 3 ) heard a voice say his name several times while trying to sleep. Finally he asks his mentor what it is, His mentor replied, "It's God." "Next time you hear Him call your name say 'speak your servant is listening..'

The reports of chocking and such are typically demonic spirits. (Or disembodied Nephalliam, depending how you see it all.. ) I'd suggest the "screaming" is more in the later category.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichMystic
Seems everyone is experiencing different things..

the Prophet Samuel ( 1 Sam 3 ) heard a voice say his name several times while trying to sleep. Finally he asks his mentor what it is, His mentor replied, "It's God." "Next time you hear Him call your name say 'speak your servant is listening..'

The reports of chocking and such are typically demonic spirits. (Or disembodied Nephalliam, depending how you see it all.. ) I'd suggest the "screaming" is more in the later category.
But its already been explained as some type of hallucination....? Am I wrong?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Use to hear a womans voice calling my name faintly as a kid. Like my mothers voice and i would ask her what she wanted why she was calling me. But she always responded saying she was not calling me. Even when i was not around anyone. I would say it sounded like someone in the distance calling me. Still hear it once in a while, got use to it. Had a bit of paranormal phenomena growing up in the old house. But yeah as I have had this experience like many others here. Im a beacon for these things.

Funny some people mention being touched on the back of the neck. This happened to my wife recently and I even observed it. She was totally freaked out, said someone or something "felt a hand" touched or pushed her on the back of the neck while sitting on the bed watching tv. I was on the computer sitting a few feet away at my desk. The way she reacted was as if she was being intimidated? I don't know if it is something to be worried about. But i have had issues with a inhuman or demonic spirit before. Frustrating as it is, not knowing who or what is there and it's intent. All i could do was shout at it and say IT was not allowed to touch my wife and family.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i've heard voices before falling asleep, and at seemingly innocuous times of either random people, or loved ones.

The ones from loved ones were ranged from times where i've heard their voices and called them to hear them exclaim "hey!? i was literally (dialing or made up their mind to) call you!!" to a few instances where they were in trouble and it didnt turn out well.

for example:
DATE: January 25, 2010
TIME: graveyard shift 9pm-6am

I was working a construction site in downtown Atlanta patroling a park in progress when, after finishing a patrol (1 of many) of this huge area(total size 35 acres), when i entered my trailer to update my report just after 3am. so i'm sitting in the seat, listening to country music (funny because i honestly dont know to many black dudes that fell in love with Lady Antebellum, LoL!) when i started hearing a male voice, murmuring, from what i thought was just outside the trailer.

so I turn the music down, focused my hearing and quietly stood up and tried to figure the area it was coming from. after a second, it went away, but being as the site is supposed to be off limits, and i'm paid to make sure of such, i quietly as possible exit the trailer, sweeping the immediate area visually and checked the areas of concern(gates and the lake/amphitheater area being built) seeing nothing.

20+ minutes later, making my way back to the trailer, i recheck the areas between myself and the trailer and re-enter to get back to my report. at about 3:40 am, i hear the same voice again, but sounding a little stressed, and i began feeling anxious and uneasy. i look around the trailer to make sure no ones in it, though i locked the door whenever i exit it out of habit, and looked out the windows. nothing. then a realization hit me, i recognized the voice. it was my wifes brothers.

so after sitting there for a minute i convinced myself, "nah, you're trippin dude, you know nights are weird..chill out" and downplayed the issue. i finish my report and go back patroling. but the whole time, the oddness of who it was or sounded like was eating at me. 5am was fast approaching now and i was bugged by what i "thought" i heard earlier that morning, the whole time. so i called in for a relief because instead of the feelings subsiding, they increased. shooting home and not wanting to tell why i actually came home i picked up some soup/medicine for her as she had a cold. but i was surprised to see her awake when i got there. but apparently it was obvious something was wrong with me, but i made her think i was just concerned for her and tired from lack of sleep the day before and layed down. At about 6:47am, after forcing myself to sleep , I was awakened by a sharp pain in my chest, and the voice was back and frantic now. it got me so good, i jumped outta bed scaring her and the dog.

she said "whats wrong?!" i replied, "nothing, nothing...no umm...call your brother...umm" when she asked why, i could'nt spit it out...i just shook my head in the "no" fashion and laid back down...to which she replied " it's too early, he's heading to work i'll call him when i get to work"

well about 7:30 am our phone rings and i knew it was bad news. all i heard was my wife say "Oh My God" then start running around the room throwing on clothes. I never undressed so i went downstairs to the garage and turned on the car and waited.

her brothers been gone little more than a year now. his job called after he didnt show at 7am and couldnt reach him, so they called his parents, who found him not responsive in the bathroom. COD: heart attack. TOD:around 6:40am according to coroner.

on the way down, of course she was in full mourning, but turned to ask me, how did i know. i kept my eyes glued to the road and was only able to say "I didnt want to believe it" while obviously breaking the speed limit.

yeah....with that example i guess i've said enough.

edit on 25-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have had that happen about 5 times my entire life and each time it scared the # out of me. its always when im almost asleep, but it seems beyond real.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

As I also have the unwanted gift of knowing when someone is going to die.

It sucks and i believe you very much good story.

I have a similar experience but im tired and going to bed, will add later.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by ahmonrarh

As I also have the unwanted gift of knowing when someone is going to die.

It sucks and i believe you very much good story. I have a similar experience but im tired and going to bed, will add later.

yes, it truly does.

he's not the first person i knew was in trouble either, and he wasnt the last.

i feel that when we decide to care for/about someone, a stronger link is created between you and those you choose to care for, be it friends, family or lovers, though all people are connected the same way, though few recognize it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yeah I've had this happen on numerous occasions. Sometimes the voice saying my name is my mother, and sometimes it's my father. Other times, it's an inconspicuous male voice. I've also had different, yet similar, occurrences as well. I've had entire phrases that weren't my name startle me out of my sleep. Like the very last sentence of a character in a dream will seem audible in the real world and loud enough to wake me up, however there is nobody there. I also on rare occasions have had a strange abrupt and very loud noise, coupled with an odd entire-body sensation, wake me up from a light sleep. The sound is that of white noise or static, that quickly over the time of about one and a half seconds increases in volume from total silence to about the loudness of a television with the volume about halfway up, then abruptly ceases entirely. The sensation is quite startling and I can never understand what just happened.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I used to work around huge industrial laser printers and the job was lound enough to have to wear hearing protection. well the first few weeks at the job Id be driving home and constantly hearing a high pitched rhythmic pinging. I would also hear it at night while trying to sleep. Well after working there long enough I discovered each mahine is constantly making that noise but the fans are so loud in the machine that it just becomes part of the white noise in the building. I thought I was going insane until I listented to a machine without the fans running one day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

a phenomenon that is adressed, but not clearly understood or explained, even in Psychology.

There are a few questions;

Firstly, did you recognise this voice? was it your own "inner monologue" ?
Perhaps a sbiling, or a parents voice?

Or was it a voice that was unfamiliar to you?

What was the "tone" if any - how loud was the Volume of the statement?

Do you take any psychotropic chemicals? i.e. Marijuana (in huge doses) '___', MdMA, LCD??

Caffeine even?

What time does this occuyr? Usually before bed?

Are these recurrent or are they sporadic. Do you listen to music loud through headphones or speakers, loud meaning above the advised tolerable levels.

I have had these things happen to me several times and only when I began to study psychology, did we broach this very interesting topic. It is one that i am further honing my knowledge on, as there is not currently an answer which is set in concrete or that makes complete logical/biological sense.

In other words, we simply do not know - there are far too many factors, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual even - that cannot be taken fully into account.

Do not waste your time thinking about this if they merely occur on a seldom basis.

"Voices" in your head, from a text book point-of-view, would only be problematic if they were recurring throughout the day. It is also important what the "voice" says and how.

Also important to gauge whether this resonnation is coming from inside your "head/mind" or outside. External sound, or truly internal. Egosyntonic and Egodystonic are two phrases to understand. Egosyntonic, are items which you, at your core agree with, Dystonic is the opposite, a notion that you personally disassociate from.

Is the voice saying things to you that you agree with, or disagree with?

Before you start thinking it's demons or little green men (not that I think you are, but you may have a few individuals say something along those lines) Just remember that these things happen, to almost all of us and jsut with that "ringing in the ear" - if you ignore it, it goes away - it's harmless unless....

I have spoken to people though; who have come for help, because these voices "tell" them things. It also depends on the nature of the discussion. As long as you aren't having voices which spout irrational non-sense - Chill out and enjoy yourself.

Should these things continue, i recommend a counsellor, be that a good friend, psychologist or psychiatrist.

This could also be due to a lack of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.. Seretonin for one example.

Im not a psychiatrist yet, but when i hgave further developed knowledge in that area, i will come back here.

The chemistry units for my psych degree are currently under way, but not completed, so i am not willing to commit to the idea that it is a chemical imbalance and run my mouth just yet!

Hope this helps you mate.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind),

Yea, a friend of mine hears his name being screamed all the time. He suffers on paranoid schiziphrenia. If he takes his medication, he hears it no more...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I havent had my name yelled, but i've heard other things in voices i dont think i have heard before (wasn't the neighbours).
One i remember was a guy that sounded upset, yelling "I didn't do it!"
kinda weird :/

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've had such an experience about a year ago, and it was quite interesting. I was dreaming that i am in desert, not sandy one, but like dry mud. Was standing on the side of an open grave with a cross on the upper side and the dirt dug out of the grave on the lower side. There was a little boy standing besides me, which i could not see his face. So i asked in the dream where is Mother Teresa, and a male voice answered me that she has been resurrected. In that moment, and this i don't see it in the dream, i have a feeling that a dog is bitting my hand and one of his tooth is ramming in my stomach. I was in real pain and than the most beautiful female voice calls my name, i begin to wake up and while i am semi sleeping and semi awake i am thinking to my self "OH MY GOD HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS VOICE WAS". When i woke up, i was laying on by back and my hand was on my stomach and i could still feel the pain, and after a few seconds it was gone. I still think of that voice because is noting like i have ever heard. And i like to think that since there is not even that beautiful music in this world that could compare to the beauty of that voice, it might have been real.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Dreams are a hard one.

Sometimes they are random conflagorations of anything floating in your sub-coscious...

sometimes not.

Interesting dream none-the-less. Always have been fascinated by dreams.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeah occasionally when I'm falling asleep (not fully asleep, partially) I can hear my name being called, sometimes repeatedly, audible enough. Sometimes its just a word that I couldn't understand but still makes me sit up and ponder.

Honestly it hasn't happened often.
edit on 25/5/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

The first time it happened was when I graduated, and I heard my name being called for some reason of all the people I went to school with as I was trying to fall asleep.

Sometimes after having my headphones on and playing a game or listening to music loudly, I'll hear those sounds again (like a tune or whatever I was doing ) as I try to go to sleep.
edit on 25/5/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join