It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think those are the Jinn. In fact I am quite sure of it.
Happened to me too, but not while laying or being half-asleep - but being fully awake, sitting with my friends in a cafe and drinking. Last year in summer was the last one. As we were sitting there, I was sitting with my back to the fence - below me is a river, thus no one can really "stand" behind me (there simply is no room on the rocks). At one moment I heard a CLEAR voice calling my name, not far, not faint, but absolutely clear - right behind me - in fact so clear, that I was CONVINCED someone was standing right behind me. I turned around a of course no one was there.
I asked my friends if they can see anyone behind me, or at one side - but they couldn't.

And to answer the question of one poster - yes, this seems to happen much more lately, and yes I have children (3 of them

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

I have experienced this. Mostly when i am trying to astral project. i think it happens when your consciousness reaches the beta or theta state. It is not just my name ive heard. you can literally tap into the collective unconscious and hear all types of voices.

If you can. Try to understand that you are drifting into another state of consciousness and relax. Let your state of mind take you into the consciousness field. Try to stay conscious and you will be able to explore your mind and the collective consciousness.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
lying, not laying

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
YES, This happens to me all the freaking time! It's always my mom, and she's been dead since November of 2007!

I think she's haunting me, really. -shudder-

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I distinctly remember few months ago while I was dozing off and I heard my name screamed.Not sound with a physical direction coming from somewhere.I know this is gonna sound ridiculous but it had the quality of white light explosion inside my head.It was so loud I was instantly awake.
The voice is not of a family member,or someone I am familiar with.The voice screams my name Elena,none of my family calls me by my full name,not even my friends.
edit on 25-5-2011 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zDecoy

Yes I have this also, I can hear people voices very acurately. I think its just as you are about to dream, thats all, the familiar sounds just come back to you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Yeah, thats actually one of the more common Hypnagogic Hallucinations or Hallucinations that happen to you during the moments just before falling asleep, or just before waking. Its happened to me dozens of times in my own life. Whats more common for me though is hearing someone knocking at the door....I get up and no one is there....I fall for that one less now that I have dogs. Sometimes I'll be half awake and think I hear the door knock, but if the dogs aren't barking I'll know it was just another Hypnogogic Hallucination.
edit on 25-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: ZANZIBAR

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Why do I always have to read this creepy stuff right before I planned on going to sleep?

A few weeks ago I woke up irritated(how dare they interrupt my sleep? lol) and yelled "WHAT?!" because I thought someone was calling to me from the other room, except I live alone. I went back to sleep without getting up and It didn't really occur to me that I had bellowed out to no one until later.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Raverous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've never heard someone scream my name like that but usually when I go in the shower, I start to hear random conversations and chit chat going on in my head about random subjects which are far from my conscious mind. It is really weird almost like I'm picking up conversations through the water!

Maybe we sometimes pick up signals from another dimension... who knows?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've never heard my name screamed. However, I have heard my named called when no one else was in the house. And also maybe like 3 times in my life (that I can remember) I heard numerous people talking but nothing of what they said could be made out. It sounded like people in a crowded mall (without the cheesy mall music of course) A bunch of jibberish but you could clearly tell they were people talking.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Umm, no I don't think I ever had my name screamed at me while im sleeping or waking up, unless somebody is actually screaming at me.

But then again I am the lightest sleeper, a thump wakes me up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I've heard my name "whispered" many times before. At one point I was in a room with a friend, and I heard a very faint, but still quite clear whisper of my name. I looked to my friend, and she said that she heard it, too. But that was the only time that another person besides myself heard this. Every other time I hear it, and it seems like I'm the only one who can. It's an odd thing...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There was a twist in a song at GNR' Use Your Illusion One that sounded like my mom calling my name. That was no paranormal calling I know.

But I can share my experience in Paranormal Sounds (never my name).

Nine years ago, after a saturday camping night ouija sesion that nobody really cared for I was home alone, monday. I remember being chatting on the MSN with my cousin.

I suddenly heard three huge KNOCKS (really violent and huge knocks) coming from the living room. It was the sound of giant steps or several heavy things falling dead weight to the floor.

It was: TAPP!!!----TAPP!!!-------------TAPP!!!

I stopped the chatting and went to the living room. Nothing had moved. It was summer and there was nobody around. I got so f-ing scared I had to leave home, called a friend and got back in. We spent the night watching Tv.

I've known that has a particular name in paranormal catalogs, but I didnt retain it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I've had this happen a few times through my life.

Almost always when semi-awake...

Once I heard Hello instead.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hearing my name actually screamed happened to me once about two years ago. Was my ex-sister-in-law's voice. I thought she had died and was in the spirit world and had somehow came across me but later I found out she was still alive. Weird because it sounded exactly like her. She was a severe paranoid so who knows what her spirit was doing while she was probably sleeping at the same time. No conclusion on that one. That happened at a point when I was hearing all sort of things from the other side - some positive, some negative - mostly male but some female voices as well. Sometimes, as previously posted, I believe some spirits want to mess with you for whatever reason. Other times, I think they help. I think at least twice I've heard my name spoken to wake me up when I needed to get up. Always a female voice - I'm a female.

You might be clairaudient - hearing things on the other side. Or it could be your subconscious. I wouldn't be too worried about it. However, if you do feel tormented there are many things you can do. PM me if it gets bad but I don't check my PM's here too often. But stand your ground firmly and tell them they are not welcome, and to keep it down, or ask for assistance from a benevolent source.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It is hallucinations from your brain shutting down into sleep mode. It's the same sort of thing when you feel as if you have been jerked awake. Nothing paranormal at all.

I've had it happen to me multiple times, especially as a child.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Odd thing is is that I mostly have only had this happen to me when I was a child. It would happen when I was fully awake, but usually in times of some level of distress, like an instance when my parents were in some farther end of the house and I'd call their name and they wouldn't answer, and I'd feel like everyone in the world disappeared. Then I would hear it whispered, mainly in a feminine voice, multiple times over, feeling as if it came from every angle around me.

As well, when my family first moved into a house in the middle of the woods after living in the "hood" for the first 5 years of my life, I encountered something I've never been able to explain. I was running around, playing, doing whatever 5 year olds do, in our big, wide open backyard. I sprinted from one end of the yard, and in the midst of my run something hit me in my gut, knocked the air out of me, and dropped me like a sack of potatoes. There was not a single thing in my vicinity, just open air and something invisible and very, very much there.

Strange world.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

Same with me .. it startled me so much becaused it seemed like a loud shout... and I would instinctively say What?. too weird.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Most people experience this. It is your mind making the transition to sleep. I have encountered this many times.

During the earliest phases of sleep, you are still relatively awake and alert. The brain produces what are known as beta waves, which are small and fast. As the brain begins to relax and slow down, slower waves known as alpha waves are produced. During this time when you are not quite asleep, you may experience strange and extremely vivid sensations known as hypnagogic hallucinations. Common examples of this phenomenon include feeling like you are falling or hearing someone call your name.

psychology today

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Several months ago I was awakened by someone calling me, "Mom" and I bolted upright in bed and asked, "Who's there?" "Who's there?" It was very real and I still wonder what that was about. My younger kids were sleeping and I have an older son who lives outside the home now and wondered if he needed me. Never happened to me before or since.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join