It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is Psychological, I have heard my name being shouted when i have listened to my Ipod. It probably has happened to everyone at least once in their life, so there is nothing strange about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind),

This happened to me the night after my mum died and it was right in my ear. Not so much a scream as an urgent cry. I was having a very strange dream too - sitting in the middle of her friends and intending to contact her via remote viewing, I shoved my face into the white noise of a TV screen when she said my name and I was awake instantly.

Originally posted by kyguy1999
Has anyone been woken up from a sound sleep by someone knocking (beating actually) on the front door, only to fine that there was no one there? This has happened to me three times and each time someone in my family passed away the next day.

I've had that a few times too and always jump out of bed to answer the door. It happened as recent as last week in fact.
edit on 7-8-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes, I have. Either I hear my kids say, "Mom" or my husband call my name. I look around and nobody is there - I'm not about to go to sleep, but normally concentrating on some project. Of course, then I worry as to whether that person is OK and end up calling to make sure. LOL!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yep,

my grandmother used to call upstairs to me to wake me in the morning. she died, and for the next month she would still wake me up in the morning.

go figure.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I've often had the experience of my name being called when I'm asleep or falling asleep, but I've also had it when awake, my daughter too has had this experience quite a lot recently (whilst fully awake) she'll suddenly appear through in the room I'm in and say "were you calling me?" and when I say "No" I can see that she's really puzzled by it as she's sure she heard me calling her.

My freakiest experience of a voice though when fully awake happened when my daughter was just a few weeks old, I was walking up the stairs to get her from her cot when suddenly this really angry voice yelled "get out of this house" it was so loud and so real that I actually said "What?" and the voice replied "get out of this house now, take your baby yourself and get out" I was really startled because of the rage in the voice and when I got to the bedroom I asked my (now ex) husband if he'd heard anything, he hadn't, but as I walked in, he'd lifted our daughter from her cot and put her in her car seat to bring her downstairs, but hadn't bothered to put the straps on, so I took her from him and strapped her in properly and picked her up to take her down the stairs myself (very steep, narrow stairs I might add) I just had a really weird feeling though (and was still freaked out about the voice) and motioned for my husband to go first, about a 3rd of the way down, at exactly the point where I heard the voice, he slipped and lunged forward, but didn't actually fall, but my heart rate went into overdrive, because if he'd been carrying the baby not strapped in, she would have fallen out and well...don't even want to think about it.

I did leave the house (and my husband) about 2 weeks later due to the fact that his behaviour just got stranger and stranger to the point I was worried about leaving my daughter with him, as his careless attitude was, in my opinion putting her in danger, so although I did not recognise the voice or have another experience of it, I'm sure it happened to protect my daughter

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have. I hear a lot of things when I get real sleepy.

The funniest was "I AM MAX CLEVLAND!!!" It was so loud, and so insistant, that I nearly fell off the couch. I caught myself on the way over or I would have.

I guess I should add that I know no one by that name.
edit on 8-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Many of times as i'm nearly falling asleep or when i'm pretty tired somebody sounds like they're trying to have a conversation with me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This has happened to me. Once when I was in kindergarten or first grade. I was awake and my dad was getting ready for work. I hear my name being screamed. It didn't sound like my dad, but i ran down staris anyway. No one was there. The car was gone. My dad had been gone for nearly an hour.

Then a few years later we moved. I had a fight with my mother, i went upstairs cried and took a nap. I woke up startled to her screaming again and again. I get up and go into the hall. She wasn't there. I go down stairs, afraid. And i see her doing laundry. THe fight was forgotten, the inexplicable screaming has not. I told my mom about and she said to tell the voices to go away. Every time I feel the voices coming on, i mentally scream GO AWAY. ANd it has worked until recent... 16 years after the first event.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Also in my history classes last year (JR year in high school) and my sophomore year, i heard someone say, that's not how i died. that's not what happend. that's not right. it went like this. at different times and different people. It is a sur-real moment when y ou look around the room and realize no one said or heard what you heard

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
One day when I was in high school (25+ years ago) I returned home, unlocked the front door to my home, and headed upstairs to use the bathroom. I was seated on the pot when I distinctly heard the front screen door open and someone called my name. The voice sounded exactly like my stepmother's. Since the door was open and out of my reach I called out that I was upstairs in the bathroom. There was no reply and I never heard the door reopen. I finished my business, got up, and went downstairs. No one was there. My stepmother claimed no knowledge of the incident and I have no idea what happened that day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have had it happen to me when i am wide awake and in the middle of something and when i look around i see noone around that i kno or anything, idk if it is paranormal or not but it really dosent bother me it is just one of those monetary what the heck?? u kno haha

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have had a similar experience. It happens quite often.

I'd be laying in bed with my mind going through all the events and sentences that happened through the day. Then out of the blue I would actually hear a part of the sentence in my head as if someone was saying it right next to my head. A real voice. I suppose this would be similar to people who have auditory hallucinations, like schizophrenics, etc.

PS.

I do hear people calling my name, sometimes whispering it at work- but I think that's just people playing tricks on me to see if I'd look. They also know I startle very easily.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: To add.

reg

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i heard a loud bang while going to sleep the other day that made me jump. in the past i've also heard someone yell '# off' while going to sleep (seriously, i'm not goin for shock value here, lol) and also heard conversations that i cant quite make out whats been said. never though from what i remember heard my name said to me.

Anyway i'm glad someone finally brought this up, at least i know now i'm not goin mad, or if i am then i'm not alone

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Yes, happened to me! NIce to know that it happened to someone else. I dream a melody, wake up and it is on TV when I wake up.
I had my name said many times. Lately it has been a friend of mine when he needs me. He says that he calls my name inside or sometimes out loud. I can hear at distance.
One time I had a conversation with my husband, like he was in another room. I answered his questions, he replied to mine. When I came to see him - continuing the conversation - he did not have a clue what I was talking about.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reg

Yes, same experience. Many times I feel someone is pushing me when I go to bed. Or when I read, throws my book out of my hands. I usually order it to go away and not to mess with me. It stops.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My partner and I sleep with a fan in the room,more to do with the fact it gives a background whirl,we hate silence.

I often hear muffled voices and busy conversations.At around the same time every morning we always hear 3 taps on what sounds like the door.No one is there of course.
edit on 17-8-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Usually when I am relaxed and calm I will sometimes hear a voice say my name. Sometimes softly, sometimes loudly, sometimes very insistently. Not in a threatening manner... just more like some of the ways your Mom would try to wake you depending on her mood. Just annoying because I am usually so relaxed and snuggly comfortable... darn it.

lol

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have had both my name said to me and felt the feeling of being slapped or hit

I remember when i heard my name get said. It was two years ago and i was staying at my parents house, i remember falling asleep around 12 am and then all of a sudden i hear my name get called very loudly so i figured maybe i didnt actually fall asleep and i opened my eyes and look at my door which i left open and a figure with no legs that i could make out was moving down my hallway thowards the closet at the end of the hall. thing that stands out the most was the figure was not dark in color but actually quite bright

there have also been numerous occasions where i can either hear talking like a conversation between two people in the house i live in now, i live by myself by the way just bought my first home. little backround im a 23yr old marine reservist who works in law enforcement don't know if that has anything to do with this stuff. ive also felt the sensation of being slapped or hit in the face, head, and torso. it usually creeps me out to the point i actually cant fall back asleep for about an hour or two

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. also nice to know im not the only person this happens to

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Happens all the time to me when I bunk down for the night.
Maybe just our brains winding down?

Yes, over the years I've had this happen to me...always when I am semi-conscious before total sleep. I sometimes hear my name or some kind of foolish banter from voices which are sometimes recognizable, but other times not. I have heard my deceased father's voice yelling my name which has startled me right out of my dozing off! It makes sense that our brains do "wind down" and probably release many memories just as they do when we are dreaming. The weird part is how "real" it sounds as if I'm awake!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This has happened to me many times as I'm falling asleep both alone or with someone else with me in the bed/house. It's not always limited to my name only. Very recently just as I was drifting off I heard a very clear and very angry female voice say "I hate you!"

Very creepy indeed and on that occasion I was alone. I have also heard crashes and bangs. Or the doorbell ringing. It doesn't worry me, as I'm aware that these things are fairly common in the inbetween phase when you're drifting over.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join