It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was laying down with my son trying to get him to sleep and it jolted me hard and I heard my name screamed. It has happend plenty of times before through my life and I usually don't think much about it but since I check these boards almost every night I am off I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Not my name screamed but I have been lying down settling down to sleep and been startled by a slap on the back of my head...and it wasn't my wife. I was alone in the house and I could still feel it when I sat up. Also, the windows in my house will start rattling for no reason late at night...anyone had that happen?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I have had it happen to me to the point that i got out of bed and looked all over the house to see if someone was inside. I wrote it off as some sort of dream like event.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
More than once I have heard my name called, not screamed, while semi-awake. Very weird! It was the voice of a living person, not a ghost or anything.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It sounded like a woman, I thought it was my wife for a min then it stayed quiet so I continued to lay there. I may have been half asleep but I thought I was pretty alert.

link   
I too have had my name said to me just as I doze off. Wakes me with a start, sounds like someone is standing in front of me at the time.

Why would it be my first name though? In my house my name is "mom".

Rhain

link   
This happens to me, but its because iv actually been awoken to my mother screaming for her life, very traumatic, then about a month later I watched Paranormal Activity (the first 1) and the screams the woman made as she was getting dragged down the hallway by the entity were just like my mothers....so now it haunts my mind, and I just have to try to forget about it...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I was laying down with my son trying to get him to sleep and it jolted me hard and I heard my name screamed. It has happend plenty of times before through my life and I usually don't think much about it but since I check these boards almost every night I am off I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

YES! It happened five yrs ago...I was staying at my parents house, and was in a deep sleep. I heard my mother say my name, loud...but not a scream. They were not even home. I have been waiting for a thread like this.

To this day, I still think about it without explaination. It really freaked me out.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
no but sometimes i hear my family/friends talking. like general chit chat. usually as im trying to go to sleep

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes I have, while at the same time being choked and reaching up and there no vivible hands but I can touch them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Happens all the time to me when I bunk down for the night.
Maybe just our brains winding down?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
well OP it seems u r in good company here.
quite a few have had this happen to them.
Myself included.

And quite a few times, I have looked
around to see if anybody was there.
But there wasn't.

It happens to me about twice a yr
on avg.

Funny thing though,
I don't ever remember this happening
to me as a child, just an adult.
And also after I had children.

Now my next question would be:
How many of those hearing their
names called have kids??? even though
they may not have been around
when you hear it???

It may have something to do with
a learned parental instinct as we get older

just an opinion of course.
I'm not a doctor.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I haven't had my name screamed ...but 3 nights ago I was laying down....relaxing....a commercial came on TV and as usual I pushed the mute button on the remote....I closed my eyes for a minute to do a mini-meditation....and about 30 seconds later I heard a male voice yelling loudly and saying (ah......ah.....) twice.. like he was being hurt.
The sound of his voice was just as if he was in my apartment......and only my cat and I were home. It was disturbing...I don't know exactly what to think...and no...it was not a neighbor.....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Every day. Only a whisper or normal speaking volume when I'm up and about, or i hear my name come out of other sounds, like over the vacuum or while i have headphones in, it's enough to make me look around to make sure someone isn't really there and 9 times out of 10, it's just me...

If I'm sleeping or drowsy I'm not sure if it's louder but it always startles me awake, makes my heart beat fast like I'm getting ready for something, and I never hear anything with my eyes open.

What's funny is no matter when it happens, in my mind I always say back, ' What? '

Still no reply

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper

Thanks.
This used to happen to me for years every time id lay down to go to sleep. It wasn't screaming though people would just say my name over and over and over and over till i fell asleep.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

My experience of this is almost exactly like your's. What's odd too was that I was listening to my Ipod at the time but it was loud enough to be heard over that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
More than once I have heard my name called, not screamed, while semi-awake. Very weird! It was the voice of a living person, not a ghost or anything.

This also has happened to me. Name called in a very stern and insistent way while semi-awake. Voice of someone living, but who lives miles away in a different state. I haven't figured out what it means for me yet, though.

To the OP...
have you tried to analyze events surrounding the times during which this occurred? For instance, have you noticed any patterns to when this happens or real-life things which precede or follow?

For instance, sometimes while I am dreaming I will hear things within my dream such as the doorbell ringing (which always means that something important is going to happen which I need to be awake for). Or, if a phone rings then it means that I have forgotten something really important which I need to wake immediately for, or I will miss it (usually something dumb like an appointment, lol).

I only know what the doorbell and the ringing phone both mean because I noticed pattern correlations between these dream sounds and real events in my life.

Anyway...maybe the calling voice means something for you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Read this.

Visual, auditory, tactile, and kinetic sensations can all be experienced during hypnagogic hallucinations, and everyone experiences slightly different forms.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by Night Star

Did you ever dream of a song playing but when you wake up you find out it was actually playing in another room?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I investigated an old farmhouse not too far from where I live a few months back. The house is old (probably early 1900s), all of the paint is long gone, and what's left of the curtains literally looks like cheese cloth blowing in the wind. You're typical Scooby Doo special. I finally found myself with nothing to do one day so I walked down to this house and decided to have a look around. I figured the worst that would happen would be I'd be scolded for trespassing.
Anywho; I get up to the house and it is overrun with briars, everything is dead, including the grass in the yard. The front door is wide open, as are all the windows that haven't been broken out. I try to get on the porch, but I didn't think I'd be battling inch thick briars so I didn't bring anything with me, so I decided to peak in the windows. Inside it was really strange.
Anyone who has ever been in an abandoned home has seen termite damage, animal droppings on the floor, spider webs, wasp nests, etc. This house had none of that. It was as though even nature knew to stay away. There was an old straw mattress on the floor, and an old buffet and chair, and that was it. I have no idea what was up stairs because I never made it that far.
Upon placing my hand on the window sill I instantly heard a scream in my head. Not just a loud yell, but the crazed shriek you might expect some old person with dementia to make, and it was constant. I released the sill, but the sound continued.
Walking away from the house I could feel the energy on the back on my neck. Not like breath, but like having someone so close that you can feel the static energy from them on your skin.
It wasn't until I reached the edge of the property that the screaming ceased.
Really weird encounter. I plan on going back with a second person to see if they experience the same thing.
Maybe this time I'll actually go in.

I have experience voices speaking to me before, speaking my name. I grew up in two haunted houses, so I was used to the idea of a spirit dwelling in this home, but I'd never experienced anything like this before. It was pure rage at the thought of me trespassing.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join