It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When I was young and still lived at home with my parents I would hear the same thing all the time. Just at the point that I was drifting off to sleep I would hear a womans laughter. Not my mom. It sounded like it was during a party or something. I could make out other voices and the sound of glassware. Imagine yourself in a nice restaurant with the background noise and then I would hear this warm happy laughter from a woman. It was wierd, but it never scared me.

As an adult I experience as I am drifting off to sleep, coversation between two men. I am not sure what they are discussing but it sounds technical and specific to something they are doing. Almost like--well, I just don't know how to describe it. I wonder if it is a conversation I overheard and my mind keeps replaying it, though, wide awake I can't remember what the conversation was about.

I have also heard a single gunshot which jars me awake, and no one else hears.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've had my name called to me many times no one there...
Had a very loud sigh wake me up a few times... Like someone expelled the air from their lungs as hard as they could. Heard a baby crying.
My house is haunted... I know it's haunted because there have been some physical interactions between the entity, me, and other family members.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have a problem with something similar. However the difference in my experience is that im not usually laying down to sleep. Im always by myself when it happens, and usually with my face buried in my phone, book, or anything that requires my attention. Its always my name screamed and it seems to be yelled fast. Like someone is trying to grab my attention real quick. The event is always followed by a real uneasy feeling, almost like im being observed.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I too have had this. It happens often but not everyday. I'm always alone when it happens, but it's happened when I've been working on something, falling asleep and it's woken me up while I was asleep. No rhyme or reason, I havent found any correlation with friends or family. I have no kids and actually this has happened to me since I was a kid. A few times they have corresponded with friends or family either having something happen or thinking about me. Not always negative either, it woke me up once and I logged the time, then found out my friends child was born at that very time. Also, the voice changed on me, for many years it was either exactly or close to my fathers voice, but after he died it has now switched to a womans voice that I don't recognize.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have had this happen to me many many times and I personally believe I know what it is.

I think what happens is right before you fall asleep you may hear a voice really loud...sometimes it's your name and sometimes it is a phrase.

It's basically an "in between" dream state. Which startles you and wakes you up for a brief moment.

Like I said this has happened to me a lot and always when im about to fall asleep.

Seems real at the time but it is definately the brain just doing it's thing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
wondering were you hungover when this happened or maybe a night after a previous nights drinking?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I was laying down with my son trying to get him to sleep and it jolted me hard and I heard my name screamed. It has happend plenty of times before through my life and I usually don't think much about it but since I check these boards almost every night I am off I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

first things first, is your name sp'dong! ?
and do you have an old sprung mattress?
because i hear that sometimes too(though my name isn't sp'dong!)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
yes, I've experienced this many times over the years. I know I've been awake when it happened because I usually yell out "What"? thinking it is my husband or someone else in the family and it turns out no one has called me. It does not scare me though.

Funny that some mentioned music. Years ago I lived in a house that I know was haunted and there were several times that I swear I could hear music from like the 1700's or something. It was like it drifted in and out. It didn't scare me, it just made me wonder if I was losing it

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
man, i'm glad that i am not the only one. this happens to me all the time. not just when i am trying to sleep, but during the day as well, i have always just chalked it up to overactive imagination and the likes but it has always made me feel slightly uneasy for reasons yet to be defined...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes, awake and falling asleep.

One time, falling asleep, I clearley heard my son's father (deceased) call my name. That freaked me out!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I never heard my name shouted out, but I do love your avatar!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"When heavy or frequent drinkers suddenly decide to quit "cold turkey" they will experience some physical withdrawal symptoms

Even the "morning after" hangover of someone who only occasionally drinks to excess, is actually a mild form of alcohol withdrawal from the excesses of the night before, as the alcohol content of their blood begins to drop. The symptoms can appear within a few hours after not drinking."

However, within six to 48 hours after not drinking, hallucinations may develop. These usually are visual hallucinations but they can also involve sounds and smells. They can last for a few hours up to weeks at a time.

alcoholism.about.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I'm noticing a lot of people are having this happen while in a sleeping or quasi-sleep state. I've actually had two experiences here, one when I was dozing off and the other while I was fully awake. I wasn't feeling good one night about two years ago, laid down about 6:30pm...shot up when I heard the doorbell ring. I listened for my mother to answer it, but she didn't. I got up to see if she was gonna get the door, and she looked at me like I had lobsters coming outta my ears. The doorbell never rang.

Then I was getting ready for work one morning, (maybe 3-4mo after the first incident) just about to leave. I was sitting on the edge of my bed tying my shoes, and heard someone, a deep male voice, say my name. I was completely alone in the house.

Any plausible ideas for what this might be?? I know if it's around a time of sleep, it can easily be confused with a hynogogic hallucination (wikipedia has a good explanation on these if you're interested)...but what about when it happens when you're fully conscious???

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I have visions and hear voices post coitus. I wonder if this is similiar, because it always is woman's voice.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My most curious one was when I was in a room full of about 10 people, all sat on and around a sofa watching a film.

I was getting up to get some food when I heard my friend ask for a piece of bread, so I picked up a slice for her. When I handed it to her, she said 'why did you get me some bread?' and I stated 'because you asked me to get you a piece.' She replied.. 'erm nope I didn't, I was thinking about getting some bread myself but since you've already got it then thank you very much! Weird but thank you.'

That confused the both of us quite a lot..

The other memorable time was on my own where a voice as clear as day said 'Not everyone is a stone'. And I have absolutely no idea what that means..

The most memorable reaction I've had where I had a witness was when I jumped away from a cupboard with a scream, protecting my head while my flat mate was in the room. I'd thought that everything had fallen on my head and since nothing had happened, we both laughed it off. 10 minutes later, a whole load of pans fell from the top of the cupboard and hit me on the head. Neither of us said anything.

It is what it is..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

My sister has had this happen several times - the last time being just a couple years ago. She was definitely fully awake too, having just gone up the stairs to get something from the kitchen. As soon as she crossed the kitchen threshold she heard someone call her name clear as a bell from the hallway. She was so convinced it was our dad that she replied, telling him "yeah, I'm in here, what's for dinner?" Obviously, no one replied, so she went back to the kitchen door and looked down the hallway. Nobody was there, nobody was in the house. My dad was out in the driveway shoveling snow and my mom and I were both gone. The couple other times she has heard someone say her name it has also been a male voice, and one that seems familiar. And always very clear and loud.

On another note, just this past April a friend of mine from Norway was visiting us and we went up north to my family's cabin. We were sleeping in twin beds, literally a foot away from each other, yet he swears he woke up in the middle of the night to a woman screaming in his ear. He said he knew it wasn't just part of a dream because the screaming lasted for like seven seconds even after he had opened his eyes and sat up in bed. I didn't hear a thing. Have no clue what it could have been, but I tend to believe he was being legitimate - he's a pretty stoic Norwegian hard-ass yet you could tell he was really disturbed and upset about the whole thing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have heard this many times in my short life never a loud scream but as if someone is calling you and sometimes if its loud enough i think its my mom calling me and it always seems to be a womans voice but sometimes a mans and although it can be creepy what i have alwys felt that this is, is your dead family members just saying hi from up in heaven to check in on you so in a way it can be comforting and i have never feltb a evil or scary presence from this so i hope some of you will read this and think it over.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread was here today. I just had this happen to me this morning! I would have sworn a woman called my name and I couldn't figure out why my daughter who was up at the time didn't just deal with the person. So I got up, and of course, there is no woman, and my daughter is on the computer looking at me like I was a complete idiot. Maybe something is trying to tell me something. (insert creepy music)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ive had it too but not a scream and it's always my mothers voice!

Odd

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have no evidence of this but I was reading up a condition called Tinnatus which I have some of that is very annoying. Now your brain will record sounds, and if your ears aren't hearing it, your brain can make a playback of it, and it sounds like its in your head. You may be just hearing a playback in your head from someone long ago that your brain just played for you at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join