It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This happened to me a few months back now. It was a Monday morning after an exhausting weekend and i had to be up for work at 05:20. My alarm clock failed to go off, but at 05:50 i was startled by a male voice shouting (Screaming)"Michael" once. And once was enough to get my attention ! Baffled by this all day i simply just shrugged this off thinking nothing of it until the Tuesday of the second week where the same thing happened again, my alarm clock failed and i was shouted at 05:37 by a different male voice shouting (Not as loudly) my name again. Never happened since but saying that, my alarm hasnt failed me since...........YET !

edit on 14/06/2011 by SleepingEntity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know exactly what you're referring to, OP. It's like a frantic, although stern, voice that is raised when it says your name. It's not exactly a scream, but it's loud enough to be interpreted as one.

Do you notice an echoing after the initial voice is heard? At least, whenever I heard my name being screamed in my head, I would wake up a little and try to concentrate on the sound to figure out what it was. I know it's in my own head, so I replay what I hear over and over again to try and figure out whose voice I'm hearing. Never have been able to figure out who it is... although it sounds feminine.

I haven't had the experience in years... since I was much younger. But I remember it vividly enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This has happened to me on three occasions in my life. I have asked a couple of friends if they have experienced anything similar, nope not anyone I asked. It is a creepy feeling. I was asleep when this happened. Very loud and clear like the person bent down and yelled in my ear. I wake up right away in shock from a deep sleep. I never recognized the voice but seemed to be a woman. I have also on a couple occasions heard like a loud gunshot as if it was right next to me. Just a big loud bang...funny thing about that one is I remember ringing in my ears as soon as I opened my eyes. glad to know I am not the only one. I do not recall having or remembering any dreams at any of these occasions.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

From what i can remember from it .....there was no echo, it sounded as if the voice came from within the same room as i was in. And when i say screaming, its like as if they were screaming but with the volume down if you kinda get my drift. Loud enough to startle me, but low enough not to make me pap myself !

And to the OP.......now... you mentioned a gun shot sound. That i can say a big YES to. Thats has happened to me more times than the voice has. i completley forgot about those. They sound like hand pistol going off, once again , no echo or anything like that, cant remember if there was any ringing with it. but this has happened more than twice to me. Sometimes its when i havent quite fallen asleep at night, you know, in between the rift of both awake and just going. But both sound are Definatly in the head and not external hearing through ears. Glad i joined here last night, I seem to be normal in an obscure way after all

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
While in undergrad, I had the often poor sleeping habit's of a college student, and still do. Every once in a while, usually laying down, trying to get to sleep, I'd hear something or have a brief dream sort of state. More recently, perhaps due to an increase in stress and a decrease in sleep, I seem to get more hypnogogic halucinations. These events seem to be part of a well-documented psychological phenomenon, so I don't give them much credence.

Only once, as far as I can recall, have I heard something like my name being shouted. I was asleep, on the couch in my parents' basement. It was a Sunday morning, and I think I planned to sleep in; I had not set an alarm. What sounded like a middle aged, middle-American man's voice woke me up by saying my name. It wasn't all that urgent, and it wasn't a scream. It was just like any time someone tries to wake someone up, saying their name with a slightly loud voice. My parents had already left the house to go to Church, and there weren't any other people living there at the time.

As I mentioned in one thread of my own, I've never had something I felt was certainly a paranormal experience happen in my life, and that includes this. I usually chalk events like this up to pure chance; I had a hypnogogic halucination or maybe some other normal psychological phenomenon related to sleep, and it just happened to occur just at the right time. If it was supernatural, however, I think it was friendly. In fact, at the time my impression was that it was the third person of the trinity, the Holy Ghost himself, waking my lazy butt up for church.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
since i was eleven (for about ten years now) every now and then when i am alone i hear a woman whispering my name in my ear.... a couple of times it has been a yell. i can feel it...in m body my heart starts pumping and i feel true fear for no reason. it scares me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i need an answer for this.it doesnt happen as i am about to fall asleep...it just happens when there is no one around. and i dont usually have auditory hallucinations

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

OMG ITS ALWAYS TO MY LEFT TOO

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have twice, Both times it was just as I was falling asleep, it's startling.
I think it's just in the mind as it can be a familiar voice or one that you've never heard before

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I heard this while falling asleep so often growing up, and it was always my mom calling my name. In fact, it would be so loud that it would sometimes wake me up from an almost-completely-asleep state and I'd go out to her and be like, "Yeah?" and she'd say she wasn't calling me. Sometimes I'd hear it repeatedly and go out like the third time I heard it. My mom would often hear me call her name or even scream her name and she'd come running to me when I hadn't called her. Now I sometimes hear my husband call my name when he hasn't.

Must be that we just hear our names so often that our brains conjure it up frequently as we relax.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have only experienced this a few times it wasn't my name at all, but a booming voice saying YOU! Both times this happened I woke up freaked out of my mind, flipped the light on and looked at the clock both times it said 3:15 am. I have no idea if that is significant or not, but the best way I can explain the voice is similar to the voice that say's Zule in Ghostbusters just a lot deeper and louder. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I remember one particular time looking out my window thinking it was an owl, and off in the distance was some heat lightning. Still gives me the creeps, but the lightning was too far off to hear thunder but who know's really. Still creepy either way really.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Usually only heard weird # like this when I'm trippin hard on some oxy's

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by terminalmary

wow, the last time this happened to me it was to the left . very strange
edit on 20-6-2011 by jed001 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

my mom once heard my voice calling out her name!

my parents live in a 3 story building, I was on the first floor, my father on the 2nd and my mom and sister on the 3rd.

suddenly my mom came down and asked me if I had called for her? I told her I hadn't and she then went up to ask my father if he had heard me, he told her no..

I've had these supernatural encounters, like many others on these forums, as long as I can remember.. ever since I was born, my mom told me things escalated and that they have experienced many unexplained phenomenons ever since.

now that I think of it, I was about to fall asleep in the guest bedroom (I slept there, due to the entities down in my room) and I was drifting between being awake and asleep. all of a sudden, I hear this piercing woman scream from the 2nd floor and my eyes just bolted open! my cat even awoke and tried to figure out what just happened.

boy oh boy... sorry if I went a bout OT here.. hehe..
edit on 20-6-2011 by grapeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For those who heard those things 3 times in a row : DO NOT REPLY THAT SOUND I REPEAT DO NOT REPLY. We (Indonesians belive if you reply it you'll have a bad luck

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
YES! It happened five yrs ago...I was staying at my parents house, and was in a deep sleep. I heard my mother say my name, loud...but not a scream. They were not even home.

I've had the same thing.

I was alone in a house around 15 years ago and awoke to hear someone walking into my room. The floorboards were creaky and I thought it was my GF. Then I heard my mum's voice call out my name.

I sat there frozen for around 30 seconds, then got up and went to a friend's house up the road. Didn't have the guts to turn around and look.

Read stories about demons imitating loved ones, so that's all I can put it down to.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hm looks like this is pretty common. I too have heard my name, not yelled out, but just as though someone was saying my name in conversation or as if someone was trying to get my attention. Haven't heard it in a while though.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by terminalmary

Funny about that.

Some people throw a pinch of salt over their left shoulder if they spill it to blind it. I wonder how you make it shut up?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ebdeef05b3c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
You may also want to look into Exploding Head Syndrome which, despite the dangerous sounding name, actually refers to a similar phenomenon to what you describe.

What condition will they fabricate next!

Still doesn't beat "false memory syndrome"...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yep, happens to me every now and then. Wakes me right up, I can't identify the voice that's doing it though. I just go back to sleep and that's the end of it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join