It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the video posted back in March from a family in Florida, the loud noise, HAARP?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll keep this post on topic: I don't believe a single word the OP said. I think they simply rehashed an old video, made up the story based on that old video.

I can't believe anybody finds this story interesting.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

This does sound just like the noise but I didnt see any steam or gas anywhere. As loud as it was, It should've been in my backyard.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Cryptonomicon. I respect your view and all but I know what I heard and I recorded it LIVE for whoever to hear what I heard. I am in on no plots, or cover-ups. For all I know, steam pipes all over the place are being cleaned or going through natural gas explosions. Before this thread I had no idea what it was. I googled to see if anyone else heard it and landed here.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What are the chances that it might be MQ-9 Reapers? It looks like the U.S. Airforce has purchased a number of these unmanned aircrafts in the last two years and can be used for border patrol and surveillance. Wikipedia says that as of March 2011, the airforce is training more pilots on how to use them than any other weapon. I'm guessing surveillance is up tremendously since the death of Bid Ladin and the increased threats.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yeah, sure, it's a little tiny UAV flying around. Case closed, not. This thread now stinks to high heaven.

Wow, this thread makes me wonder if that HBGary persona management software is being used here, or does someone just have a ton of time on their hands? Cloud machines? Unscheduled rocket launches? UAVs? Do those that suggest these possible explanations not realize how wide spread this has been lately?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I don't know much about the MQ-9, but in any case, I do believe it to be some kind of aircraft. I live within 20 miles of Whiteman Airforce Base where all of the B-2's are maintained and I hear these exact same sounds for long periods of time daily. Not sure that we would use B-2's to patrol our coastlines, but it might be something just as loud! Other aircraft assigned to Whiteman include the A-10 Thunderbolt II ground-attack fighter; the T-38 Talon jet trainer, and the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. Let's just say that when the B-2's headed over to Libya, my husband and I heard them loud and clear and we knew exactly where they were headed that morning! Couldn't miss it and they train around here daily.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

lmao, thanks for your post as it has given me great laughter.
You are entitled to your opinion as stated, which I will respect.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi all,

Been reading on this site for a week or so, but this is my first post, so nice to be here.

For all those who are thinking this is a plane of some sort, I very much doubt it. I have lived near an airport for 20 years of my life and worked at it for the other 20, major international one. I'm an aviation buff as well so I have quite a lot of exposure to the sounds of pretty much everything that flies which isn't secret. First off, there is absolutley no reason for an aircraft to do an engine run for longer than 5-10 minutes. Even after doing an engine change on a 747 the test run is only for 5-10 minutes.... and that's to make sure that the new engine which next time it's started will be flying for 12 hours over an open expanse of water, is installed and works correctly. I cannot come up with a scenerio where it would have to go on for 20-30 minutes up to hours as reported, not to mention that noise abaitment laws wouldn't allow that pretty much anywere. On top of that, there is no wind up sound ever reported, that is the high pitched noise that you all have heard before the deep bass comes in. Yes bass travells farther of course, but with all these reports, some being apparently closer to the sound that others, some one should have heard the wind up and that would have been the explaination right there.

Well I thoght I'd cut my teeth and get my first post on a thread that I at least know something about :-)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jersey City, NJ - I heard the same noise over the weekend (same time as the OP, upstate NY people, and the North Bergen person, if 'm not mistaken?). I heard nothing when I fell asleep around 12/12:30, but I heard it when I woke up around 4am/4:30am. I didn't look out the window at all, because it really just sounded like strong wind, and it was raining that day, I think. But I eventually realized that the "wind" was lasting for an abnormally long time, so I looked outside my window, and noticed that nothing was moving (as would happen with strong wind). I opened my window, and the noise sounded like a fighter jet at an airshow - maybe not quite as loud - or like a tornado (if I could imagine what one sounds like at a distance).

It stopped for a minute or two, then came back. I don't think much of it, but it's worth my $0.02.

Apparently, the power plants (perhaps the nuclear power plant?) in this area clear the steam out of their pipes every so often, and it sounds like a earthquake that you can hear very far away. Somebody else posted a video of something similar. So that's probably the most logical explanation.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

I never post things like this.

I heard it here in saratoga. I took it for granted.

no clue what it was.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iced Kola

See, sounds like an airshow! This is what I've been trying to tell people. There are two sounds I constantly hear living by an airbase. One is what sounds like a constant train and the other that sounds like a constant roll of low thunder, and yes, sometimes they last over an hour! If something was constantly patrolling our coastlines, I'm sure it would sound similar.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
TO ME THAT VIDEO SOUNDS LIKE A LARGE AIRCRAFT HOVERING OBOVE THERE HOUSE

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iced Kola

Thanks Iced Kola. Any explanation is better than none.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I heard a loud Crashing Booming noise about 3:34am Sunday may 22. I was on my facebook and then BOOM!!! It's scared the living crap out of me. It seems that some people didn't hear it. I mean it was loud! I live in California in the bay area. Did anyone hear it be sides me?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I hear those noises here in the UK regularly, they are definately craft orientated.......A warbling hum that changes pitch from time to time...Last year one night the sound got so close it shook my house and it began to make what can only be described as a descending noise then a few minutes later ascending.
As for earthquake links...I don't know it was everynight leading up to the Japan quake then it stopped for a while ....Coincidence? I don't know but it has started up again recently...infact while writing this post I have been listening to it and it has just gone silent....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The same noise is now over or under whos knows, Sheffield UK right now and its loud

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

My camera died but I got a few seconds of it, you can hear it as the wind drops, its a shame its so windy ( 24/5/11)

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I never post things like this.

I heard it here in saratoga. I took it for granted.

no clue what it was.

Glad someone in my neck of the woods heard the same thing I did. I am just outside Saratoga in Ballston Spa. I've verified the sound with my neighbors and they all heard it too. Interesting in deed.
edit on 5/23/2011 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's the Russian Bear Bombers.

We can't afford to chase them away every time they enter US Airspace.

Obama publicly stated so.

A dying Empire can't secure it's airspace 100% of the time chasing away pesky planes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Sorry people I deleted the other vid, I managed to charge my camera.Its a shame it was so windy, but if you play it from around 2 min in, you get a good idea of the noise, but it was so loud.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join