It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the video posted back in March from a family in Florida, the loud noise, HAARP?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Last week I heard a very weird loud noise coming from outside. It was around 11pm and I was playing on my PC. Sounded like something humming. I went to the window and looked outside, but couldn’t see anything. To me it sounded like something was in the sky. The sound lasted for 5-10mins and then went away. Then a few nights ago I was up around 11-11:30pm and was looking out the window while getting a drink. When i was looking up towards the sky a bright blue flash happened from the sky somewhere. It was super blue/white and seemed very big. I kept thinking what it could of been, maybe a street light blowing, or something else.. but couldn’t really think of anything that made sense. I live in Perth, Western Australia.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We moved to a rural area in WV about 5 years ago. We had noticed that every once in a while, around 1-3 in the morning, there would be a HUGE sound that sounded like a roaring jet engine. It would last for hours. This has been going on ever since we lived here.

A few weeks ago, i was speaking with an older retired gentleman when i asked him what he was retired from. He stated that he was an engineer that worked for a power plant about 10 miles from where i live. So i told him what this crazy sound was and asked if he had ever heard it or knew what it was. His answer was more simple than i could have ever hoped for. The coal fired power plant would routinely clean out its steam pipes every so often and they would do this early in the morning to cause the least disturbance. Which i thought was odd since it was very loud at my house which was 10 miles away. I couldn't imagine what that sounded like in the town that housed the power plant.

So, a coal fired power plant cleaning out their steam pipes was the culprit. At least in my area. Everyone elses problem could still be some sort of top secret earth killing machine so don't panic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have a video of the same noise over Edinburgh, Scotland.
It was looked at and farted about with, and someone managed to get the noise.
It was taken from a camera phone.

Here it is here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ta
Shaun

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

ok so the sound ended as soon it as it arrived or it lasted for 20 minutes? which is it?
any how i saw a thing on yahoo about a week ago about there being a loud boom and i think it was in north carolina (i think) and 911 blew up cuz every1 heard it they said they think it was an asteroid entering the atmosphere. but who knows?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
www.youtube.com... this is the video in reference

Well this morning 1:30 am EST I had just finished watching SNL when I heard what I thought to be bass from a car radio, I muted the tv and looked out the window and heard a constant roar. I thought oh it must be a train, until it lasted for over 20 minutes. I live in Upstate NY , the sound stopped as quickly as it arrived. I thought I'd post it and see if theres anyone in my neck of the woods who uses ATS and can verify.
edit on 5/22/2011 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

I don't know what it is but it is very strange. I know of nothing that can produce such a constant sound for so long. I live in Alabama and have been getting head aches, back aches and jaw aches for the past 5 days that are quite unsual. I sometimes get some of these symptoms with a low pressure front but there is no low pressure front in the area. Also, take note of the tornados ripping the mid west again. Something with the weather and climate is not right. I think there is still people living in makeshift housing in Alabama after 1 F5, 4 F4s, 6 F3, and nearly a dozen F1-2s hit the same day a couple of weeks ago.

As for the headaches, they seem to be caused by a radio frequency or EMP of somekind. That is my guess. The dog is acting strange for the past week as well. It is a feeling that something is going to break. I take it more seriously than Harold Camping's rapture, that is for sure.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It sounds like an aircraft of some sort to me. Reminds me of the Aurora reports in the late 80's/early 90's. Heres a quote from wikipedia:

"On 23 March 1992, near Amarillo, Texas, Steven Douglas photographed the "donuts on a rope" contrail and linked this sighting to distinctive sounds. He described the engine noise as: "strange, loud pulsating roar... unique... a deep pulsating rumble that vibrated the house and made the windows shake... similar to rocket engine noise, but deeper, with evenly timed pulses."

en.wikipedia.org...(aircraft)

Reports were heard in the USA and in Britain. I don't know how long the noise from a hypersonic aircraft could linger for but I imagine it could be quite a while. It would also be gone before you heard it as I assume it would be flying at high altitude.

edit on 22/5/2011 by Grifter81 because: Spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
It sounds like an aircraft of some sort to me. Reminds me of the Aurora reports in the late 80's/early 90's. Heres a quote from wikipedia:

"On 23 March 1992, near Amarillo, Texas, Steven Douglas photographed the "donuts on a rope" contrail and linked this sighting to distinctive sounds. He described the engine noise as: "strange, loud pulsating roar... unique... a deep pulsating rumble that vibrated the house and made the windows shake... similar to rocket engine noise, but deeper, with evenly timed pulses."

en.wikipedia.org...(aircraft)

Reports were heard in the USA and in Britain. I don't know how long the noise from a hypersonic aircraft could linger for but I imagine it could be quite a while. It would also be gone before you heard it as I assume it would be flying at high altitude.

edit on 22/5/2011 by Grifter81 because: Spelling

It could be a U2 Spy plane. Once they get up to 50,000 feet you don't hear them, but when they prepare to take off they are horrendous to hear. I don't know why it would idle for 20 minutes though and 4 miles away from the airport seems a bit much and for it just to go away like that without fading out would be odd. My guess is it would be a tornado. I see no reason why HARRP or any other radio system would make such a noise. It could be that the tornado was stationary near their home and didn't actually hit the ground causing damage and so forth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here is my video i took of this exact roar, back in March

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Has to be some form of cloaked ship. Could be of ET origin or could be from this world. If only all our questions could be answered.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpunGCake

ok so the sound ended as soon it as it arrived or it lasted for 20 minutes? which is it?
any how i saw a thing on yahoo about a week ago about there being a loud boom and i think it was in north carolina (i think) and 911 blew up cuz every1 heard it they said they think it was an asteroid entering the atmosphere. but who knows?

I meant it stopped as quickly as it started. There was no fading, just one second it stopped.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Theres probably only afew of this machine around the world let alone in the US but it could be interpreted as a possibility in the strange noise case(s).

www.youtube.com...

There was a video saying it was Rocket testing centers / machine for NASA...

But there are been reports everwhere in the US......How many Rocket Testing sites exist...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

Your right it is strange for the sound to just dissapear and not fade out. This is what you would expect if it were aircraft related.

We don't know how some new, unconventional, clandestine aircraft would perform? I believe nowadays it would be extremely fast (prob mach 5 plus) and extremely noisy. Not only would you have sonic booms but the engine noise would be teriffic.

I would imagine as these rumbles have been heard in the UK this plane could be setting off in the USA and nipping on spy missions to China.

Thats my best guess for the moment. Assuming such an aircraft exists.

EDIT

Heres an engine capable of such flights of fancy en.wikipedia.org...

Test flown by DARPA in 2008 for a mach 6 project called Blackswift which was cancelled. Cancelled or went black budget????? Makes you think........

edit on 22/5/2011 by Grifter81 because: extras

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sound can do strange things at night when there's some serious temperature-layering of the lower atmosphere - if there's low cloud or inversion layers, or banks of mist you can get sudden cut-offs, the sound coming from odd directions, travelling many, many miles in the atmopshere before "coming to earth", wind can make close by sounds completely silent - all sorts of weird stuff.

And of course there is usually much less ambient noise - so any noticeable sound will appear louder than during daytime.

IMO the first thng that comes to mind, as many have mentioned, is aircraft - check www.flightradar24.com... to see if there's any night-flights nearby. Unfortunately it's not 100% - many older a/c do not have the technology required for it, but there are a lot of night cargo flights around the place.

My next thought would be trains or trucks if you're anywhere near a railway or highway - and of course trucks can be anywhere, so any nearby industrial plant might be a source.

And by "nearby" I mean anything up to 30-40 miles for a/c, 10 miles for trains, 3 or 4 miles for trucks on a still night.

And if none of that works THEN I'd be looking at Area 51...

Not being able to get good quality sound here atm I dunno what the clip sounds really sound like tho, adn of course they're very 1-dimensional anyway - IMO they don't give good info about what the sound "really" sounds like.

Edit - also possibly ground running of a/c under maintenance if there's an airport nearby with a maintenance base of some sort. Engine ground runs are sometimes done to full power for a few minutes then shut down.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sounds like Demons from Hell Gnawing at the ground beneath your feet.....I wouldn't worry about it...they do that from time to time....usually right before they break through and grab somebody.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm a first-time poster, but have been enjoying reading threads here dating back to the Norway spiral. I saw your post and realized that I came home last night (Sunday morning 5/22) around 2:15 AM and I heard a sustained distant rumble.

I am about 3 miles southwest of Reading, PA. We have many freight rail lines around here so I ultimately attributed it to that. However, when I got out of my car I at first thought there was a car idling at the stop sign (I live on a corner). I peeked out my garage door but saw nothing. It wasn't until now when I checked ATS that I even thought about the Florida noise. It was a clear night, if that means anything; however, Sunday morning was cloudy and gloomy.

I went in the house and got ready to take a shower and I could still hear the noise. By now, about 10 minutes had passed. When I got out of the shower about 10 minutes after that, I do not remember hearing anything anymore.

So here are the stats: 3 miles southwest of Reading, PA; initially heard at 2:15 AM but it could've started earlier; not heard after about 2:35 AM.

I hope this helps you or anyone else who's mapping these odd sounds.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Well I'm impressed. 8 flags and this is the first reply.
I don't live in Florida...or New York.
edit on 5/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I'm just as impressed by your deep comments that have added so much to the OP's thread....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but its possible this was an Alien Ship. People have been talking about some big alien event this fall, maybe they're moving into position. They're cloaked so we don't see them, but we can still hear them.

If you haven't guessed, I like to play the long shot odds

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

That makes 3 of us....

2nd

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I hear it too in NW Indiana from time to time. Sometime for a minute or two and sometimes for 15 or 20 minutes. So HAARP is the going theory huh?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm in Connecticut and not only heard it, but felt it. I don't see any report's of a Earth Quake. The sound was like one of those jet's you always hear right before it starts to rain, but there were vibrations you could feel that went with the sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join