It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMB Warning for LONDON 16/05/11

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Your links are to events that happened over 30years ago.
Even people like McGuiness and Adams have moved on since then and are working together with other politicians from all sides to help bring about peaceful solutions to Irelands problems.
Seems like some people just won't let go and want Ireland's misery and tragedy to continue.

You still haven't provided anything of substance to support your empty and out dated rhetoric.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And Sky news has it as there lead article:-

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by RUDDD
Come on guys if you want bickering start your own thread. Lets keep this information related please.

Some webcams that may be of use, traffic issues, any problems later on regarding closures etc.
www.goandroam.com...

This False Flag attack which is obviously going to be blamed on the IRA will not be shown on CCTV or Webcams. History has shown us that everytime they do their False Flags they turn all relevant cameras off so as to not show who actually perpetrates these attacks. Just the same as 9/11 and 7/7. The Isreali company who runs all the CCTV cameras in London will be told at the crucial point of the start of the attack to turn the systems off. This will also give them the opportunity to fake pictures and video the same they did for 7/7 after the event.

Those puppets we call the UK government make me sick!!

You know I've got to that point where people like you make me sick. Always blaming their own government for killing its own citizens using bombs that blow up children and pretending there is no such thing as a terrorist. Sick sick sick. What is with hatred ? Ok governments are no angels, ideology plays a part in decisions and lies creep in. BUT to then think that western democracies will arrange with various organizations to kill its own citizens with bombs is pure sickening fantasy. And everybody involved keeps it a secret. You have be as mad as the proverbial hatter.

What's worse you end up defending the very organisations KNOWN to blow up innocent civilians. SICK.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I agree, the RIRA are a well known terrorist organisation that have been planting bombs for years, its stupid how some people say its the government, some people are just so brainwashed that they acctually believe it, people need to snap back to reality and realise that there are REAL terrorist groups in the world that want to cause havoc.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by zookey

No... i didn't miss anything... most people in he World don't like the same things these groups don't like but most sane people don't go around bombing innocent people up because of it....

Most people in the World wern't Interned
or Killed for standing up for their rights
and the Royal family is in no way "innocent".
edit on 16-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

I wasn't referring to the Royal Family when i said 'Innocent people'

I was referring to the Innocent man or woman on the street!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Im quite dissapointed!

I thought ATS was all about denying ignorance! Most of the replies I've read so far definitely do not reflect that! There seems to be some hate mixed in there too!

I think there are a lot of people who need to look up their history books-maybe look out for 'the plantation' 'the pale' and so on and why the IRA came about.
England had been trying to take over Ireland for nearly a thousand years and made life in Ireland almost unbearable. 1916 was the begining of the end of that but Northern Ireland was retained by the Crown.
Religion was only brought in to fan the flames of hate-
-Catholic equaled Irish
-Protestant equaled British

The IRA at that time was born out of necessity! 'get out of my country' so to speak. They were freedom fighters.

The point is, the IRA (in all of its new acronyms) is not what it is supposed to be. They are mainly criminals only out for self gain and do not retain the loyalty of either side of the border (there actually is no border!!)
Northern Ireland is probably more peaceful than it ever was-same as the republic! I didnt see any tanks the last time I was Belfast. Did you? Things are only getting better! 10 years ago if Gerry Adams was on TV his voice had to be dubbed by an actor-now he's in the Dail!

I'm from Dublin and I can honestly say that in MY experience most people here couldnt care less if you are English, British, Northern Irish, Irish or anything in between! The hate is fading, and fast! My generation doesnt care what religion you practice either and in such a metropolitan, mixed and ever changing world what is the point in holding on to, in my opinion, out dated views/beliefs that arent even yours to begin with!

Cant we all just get along?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ah dear. I live in Northern Ireland, born and bred here. I lived in Belfast for most of my life, though I moved a few years ago to Newtownards, just outside Belfast.
The Peace Process is going very well - our politicians are talking to each other which is a miracle in itself. They even sit in the same room as each other these days! A few years ago, this would have been impossible.

The RIRA have those in its members who are bitter and want to drag this country back to war. I understand their bitterness, because, lets be honest, the British Army were hooligans in their treatment of the Roman Catholic people. As a previous poster stated, there was internment which was terrible in itself. It was a bit like Guantanamo Bay today - people were lifted from the streets, from their beds, from society and held without charge for ages. I am Protestant, but I, like any other sane minded person was horrified about internment, Bloody Sunday and every attack since. No matter who pulled the trigger or planted the bomb, no matter which side it was it was all WRONG. And I totally understand the frustration and anger that is still felt in certain few in society.

Over the last few months there have been many many pipe bombs found. PC Kerr was a Catholic police officer who was killed by his own people. The whole of Northern Ireland was up in arms about the murder. They eventually found and jailed the culprits, but still, it should never have happened. Only last night a pipe bomb was discovered in the street of North Belfast... and kids were PLAYING with it! It is only by the grace of God that no-one was hurt as it was a viable device.

The bomb today in London had to be taken seriously because the code word was used. As you know, they found a suitcase which they blew up but it was empty. Which means, very probably, that there is another bomb lying somewhere just waiting to go boom. I just hope it is found quickly and disposed off.

I think the Queen coming to Dublin is a stupid move. Thousands of police and army are down in Dublin making sure that it is free of bombs. Unfortunately, this leaves the North open to an attack by the RIRA or others. I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all.

Oh, and btw. The RIRA, the PIRA, INLA, the PMTIRA are all factions of the IRA and believe me, Adams and McGuinness know all about what is happening. Being leaders of the IRA an' all...

Northern Ireland is the only country I know off that allows known terrorists to join Stormount and become politicians. This part of the world is insane!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by soundofathousandbirds

Threads involving terrorism always end up like this, it's not reflective of ATS as a whole.

Although I agree with you for the most part, Northern Ireland is still rife with sectarian bigotry at all levels. Also the peace walls have actually been increasing over the past ten years, instead of being scaled back.

www.guardian.co.uk...

There are now 80 permanent barriers dividing loyalist and nationalist areas of the city, according to a report by the Community Relations Council (CRC) in Northern Ireland. In 1994, when the Troubles were declared over, there were 26.

Attitudes which should have died out years ago are still kept alive by small minded individuals, who pass on their beliefs to their children. Everyone knows of someone who has been directly affected by The Troubles, and depending on how these stories are romanticised, impressionable youngsters can actually idolise them as something to aspire to.

The splinter groups from the IRA are a credible threat and this bomb today is a reminder of that. Let's not forget that over the past few years there have been attacks on intelligence headquarters in Northern Ireland, where the security forces didn't see it coming. It is in my opinion only a matter of time before a serious event occurs, and that is not meant to disrespect Ronan Kerr in any way. But what I mean is the massive loss of civilian life, something like the Omagh bomb.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The fact that they are carrying out attacks on the mainland UK, suggest that there is worse to come.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Love the name by way!

Yeah, you're right! There will always be a minority that will not/cannot adapt to peaceful change and they will try and mess it up for the rest of us.

What also gets me is the international community are looking down on us now like-'look at those angry Irish, blowing things up'- 'and here we go again' and other similar rubbish (proven to an extent with this thread) when they should be looking a little closer to home!

There has always been some separation in the North anyway, I mean, the Orange march is practically waving a red flag (orange flag
) to a bull.

As an Irish citizen, yeah, it would be great if the country was whole again so to speak but at the end of the day if peace and co-operation is a more tangible alternative then I'm equally happy with that too!

In the end we are all the same and we should lead by example.

I dont think there will be an attack on London by the way!!
edit on 16-5-2011 by soundofathousandbirds because: I forgot!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The only way to sort it is by voting in N.I!
If 51% want 32 county then so be it if not then leave it.

I'm sure we are all educated enough on both sides of the 80 mile wide sea to stop this and leave it for the history books.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Glz00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the UK are setting it up to invade Ireland again with their US buddies this is the second attempt at Plan W en.wikipedia.org...

America kills bin laden inciting terrorist attacks
the queen visits ireland and specificly makes plans to meet up with soldiers who murdered irish civilians to incite anger and threats of terrorist attacks
Obama visits ireland at this time
they will use the coincidence of these three things to draw parrallels between ireland and middle eastern countries and use this as an excuse to invade
People have grown complacent during the last few decades but Ireland has only been allowed to live while it had money and was useful, now that it's broke and a drain on the uk they will try to take advantage of our weakness

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WeissRitter

No we aren't.
What would the UK gain by invading Ireland?

The Republic Of Ireland is a free and independant country, as it should be.

Northern Ireland will remain part of the UK as long as the majority of people living in Northern Ireland wish to do so.

Maybe a referendum would go a long way in settling the matter for the foreseeable future....the last large scale poll on the matter I read showed approximately 75% of Ulster's population wishing to remain in the UK, if I remember correctly this included approximately 45% of Northern Ireland's Catholics.

The last referendum held in Northern Ireland was about The Belfast Agreement.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16/5/11 by Freeborn because: knackered keyboard

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

That's how plantations work, to argue based on a poll of an invasion force is ridiculous
en.wikipedia.org...
you might as well argue iraqi like having their photos taken while stacked naked because US soldiers said so

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The UK has absolutely no intention whatsoever of invading The Republic Of Ireland.

We have no need or desire to at all.

What would the UK gain from it apart from a whole lot of heartache, death and misery?

You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your wild and imaginary claim.

And to suggest that the US would support such an invasion displays either a naivety or stupidity of the highest order...I will prefer to assume the former rather than the latter though I know I could well be wrong.
It would be political suicide for any US poltician let alone President to even suggest such a ridiculous thing; imagine the outcry from those so called Irish Americans who are still hugely influential and are an important voting block.

I have read some ridiculous things in my time here on ATS, this is up there with the best of them!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wheelz123

i am ex british military and must disagree with what you have said. i have done three tours of northern Ireland including Special Operations and have survived two terrorist attacks whilst on active duty there so i know what im talking about, and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that no soldier i ever served with acted like a hooligan whilst on duty in northern Ireland. this situation in NI will never stop as the hard liners bring there kids up to hate the british so it goes on and on. dont get me wrong i understand why the RIRA wants to fight as they feel we are invaders in there land, i would do the same if the tables were turned no doubt. i do have friends in NI from both sides of the fence and they tell me almost everyone just wants the troubles to stop there for good. so this is only a few hard line thugs who want this to go on and there must be money involved somewere down the line i bet. and just so you dont think im having a go at the irish i come from irish stock who moved from ireland onto scotland and then onto england many moons ago.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Delete reply to myself!

edit on 16/5/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh....and the UK never attempted to carry out Plan W, but who could fault them for not planning for such an operation under the circumstances....hell, even De Valera saw the benefits of such a plan....but unless you are suggesting that Ireland is under the threat of invasion from one of the UK's enemies I really can't see the comparison.

And I'm more than aware of The Plantations but ffs, they were 500 years ago.
Most people are trying to move on and are striving to live peaceful lives now.

Are you suggesting the UK / US are planning a modern day Plantation of Ireland.
If so please provide details...if not please explain what the hell you are on about!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

We have no need or desire to at all.

You say we as if you contribute to the decision in some way. It's laughable when cattle see themselves as decision makers.

I don't care if you're a British citizen or not. They have no need or desire to. They regard your personal needs and desires as insignificant.

Your use of the word we is laughable.

You can't seem to see the woods for the trees in the way.

edit on 16/5/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Yeah, you are right.

But sometimes it's possible to evaluate something by using just a modicum of reason, thinking and good old common sense.

I feel pretty safe in saying that there are no plans for the UK to invade The Republic Of Ireland.

If you think or suspect any different please try to offer some sort of reasoned arguement or evidence for your opinions.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Whats noticeable to me is the sheer watered down amount of information coming out of sources such as Twitter. When events like this used to happen we'd know exactly where and when they'd occur almost down to the minute, now getting any information is akin to shifting through a entire heap of horse sh.t just to look for that gram of gold.

Such tweets as:

*Er, I am well glad none of my mates perished in a bomb explosion in Central London today. Yay! I am currently drinking to that.

*Dem no bomb london yet?

*Apparently N Ireland wanna bomb London... Not good if that's true it will kill me inside out ! :/

*Can't believe London is getting bomb threats from the IRA. UK gave them 12 points in Eurovision. Ungrateful bastards.

..have been trending all day. The BBC and other outlets don't help when its been a complete blackout information wise. Where the hell do these idiots keep coming from?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join