It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
reply to post by ViperChili

Not talking about small businesses here which I respect. Once you go on the stock market you are fair game. PERIOD. It's typical when big businesses eliminate all competition in a given area (that would offer better wages, chance of ownership and variety, AKA small businesses) to turn around a chirp "well if you don't like quit and find another job".

Yes, once you invite parasitic "shareholders" into your company you open yourself up to parasitic "thieves. Once shareholders enter the picture no one is free from the profit motive therefore everyone in the company becomes expendible for the good of the company, even the person who made the company public in the first place!!!

The stock market makes corporations their own entities. The business is no longer run by a person but by the dictates and slavish adherence to profit, profit, profit.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No my logic states (based on my beliefs and observations) that once you "go live" you are no longer a business and become an out of control consuming entity (that is pathological in nature) with only one motivation which is to make profit at whatever cost. Make what you will of that statement.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

The Stars given to this thread is a perfect example of what I complain about all the time here on ATS and elsewhere. What the Op and his fans fail to realize is their stealing hurts them more than the companies they steal from but then, it is a Character Issue beyond them. The saying "scratch a liar, find a thief" goes both ways" Scratch a Thief, find a liar" but what is more disgusting is a "Petty Thief" and "Petty Liar" of whom the world will inevitably and justifiable use as fertilizer. So, go ahead and brag; the false pride of scum is all they have but guess what, when you say you never still from the little guy, the private companies you worked for, I do not believe you for a moment.,a thief is a thief and you deserve your rewards.

edit on 11-5-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos and expanded comment

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Uh, why do you think anyone goes into business?

Profit, profit, profit.

From the small mom and pop coffee shop, to the guy starting his own landscape biz, to General Electric, they are all after one thing: Profit.

link   

I fail to see nothing that your point is making. You have yet to see that a business model that relies on paying a full time employee less than what is needed to live is a failed business model as it does not take into account the quality of life of the people it employs. I say if McDonalds, BK etc can't make it then they shouldn't. We would all be better off had they never come into existence anyway.

You say they are all just entry level jobs. But when corporations have destroyed the economy over greed and unemployment is very high how many of those "burger flippers" are going to be stuck there as a career?

BTW you use the terms "burger flipper", "stoner teenager" to denote your contempt for those people. You act like what they do is what they are. I say you do this to help your little mind remove itself from the reality that these are real people that are getting ****ed over. You use the excuse that they don't have a skills and so deserve to be taken advantage of. The way you see it they are just worthless people.

I say your point of view is no different from any capitalist who sees people as resource to use. the Nike company and recently Apple have enjoyed using worthless unskilled kids to exploit labor from.

link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Theft is theft. My brother is CEO/CFO of a publicly traded company and theft affects him just as it affects the small business owner.

Just because the corporation is larger than a small company doesn't mean that a single person stealing doesn't affect them, it simply means they have to deal with many more scumbags.

If everyone used the mentality of 'I am stealing from a corporation not a person' mentality, then we might as well close up all shops, because we could all just steal what we need.

When does a company become large enough for it to be ok for people to turn into thieves? Is there a number of workers, a number of profits or something that lets the thieves know who it is ok to steal from and who it isn't?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Not talking about small businesses here which I respect. Once you go on the stock market you are fair game. PERIOD. It's typical when big businesses eliminate all competition in a given area (that would offer better wages, chance of ownership and variety, AKA small businesses) to turn around a chirp "well if you don't like quit and find another job".

So according to your logic, before their IPO, Google was fine, but immediately became ok to steal from after their IPO?

Right, what's odd about their logic is that Google could have also been a larger company, and technically worth more, before being placed on the stock market than some other company already being traded (and the poster doesn't differentiate between privately traded and publicly traded stocks). The line in the sand for the poster is some obscure line of having stocks. I won't pay attention to the reality of your business, I'm just going to look at whether or not you have stocks. BTW, don't all corporations have stock as a requirement of being incorporated?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No my logic states (based on my beliefs and observations) that once you "go live" you are no longer a business and become an out of control consuming entity (that is pathological in nature) with only one motivation which is to make profit at whatever cost. Make what you will of that statement.

Then surely you would agree that once you steal, you are no longer an adult, but instead a parasitic life form with a sense of entitlement, that is pathological in nature with only one motivation, and that is to get back at something that in your schizophrenically deluded mind has somehow wronged you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My point is this: have I stolen a pen here and there sure I have. Do I go work for a company and start staring on the merchandise? Of course not. In general I do not steal from ANYTHING, and never make it my purpose to do so. However if someone were to ask me "should I steal from corporations" I would say go right ahead. Why? Because corporations are a cancer in this society and I hold no remorse over something that undermines that "image" of said corporation. These are my personal views of course, and I am sure many would disagree.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Uh, why do you think anyone goes into business?

Profit, profit, profit.

From the small mom and pop coffee shop, to the guy starting his own landscape biz, to General Electric, they are all after one thing: Profit.

Actually many businesses are created because of the passion people have for their particular work. Chefs start restaurants to cook. Landscapers start companies because they love the work.

Yes, they are after profit because they have to be. Its the unfortunate nature of our lack of choice in this economy. But chefs would still cook if there wasnt money in it. Gardeners would still garden if there wasnt a landscaping company to work for. These are honest, true businesses.

Only immoral, selfish and short sighted businessmen are driven solely by profit. If you're one of them then life sucks for you.

Companies that only operate for profit deserve all the ill will, thievery and hatred that they get because slavery to profit causes so, so many problems for the world and its citizens.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
IN my own opinion Corporations don't give a f**k about the little man .. your don't work hard enough Your out You don't work fast enough Your out! Corporations are the reason why america is falling.. and falling fast.. there the evil in this world that needs to be stopped.. and now..

and don't give me that garbage about protesting or doing some thing about it.. because you cant.. Intell all the people who want change Do some thing about it 1 person is not going to be able to do any thing...

To Op's Question : DO you steal at work.. No I don't Never have never will... but i know how you feel F the corporate world and any one else who thinks there good..... THERE THE PROBLEM!.. They bought of your senators and your congressman the Own the president they own you ever single one of you...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Then surely you would agree that once you steal, you are no longer an adult, but instead a parasitic life form with a sense of entitlement, that is pathological in nature with only one motivation, and that is to get back at something that in your schizophrenically deluded mind has somehow wronged you.

Nope, that is your view and it stems from your ideology, which is cool because my view is the opposite. You view the individual as the parasite, and I view the corporation of as a mega parasite. Corporations have sense of entitlement too and get they fair share through lobbying. So again you say apples I say oranges. Have a good day

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

I fail to see nothing that your point is making. You have yet to see that a business model that relies on paying a full time employee less than what is needed to live is a failed business model as it does not take into account the quality of life of the people it employs. I say if McDonalds, BK etc can't make it then they shouldn't. We would all be better off had they never come into existence anyway.

You say they are all just entry level jobs. But when corporations have destroyed the economy over greed and unemployment is very high how many of those "burger flippers" are going to be stuck there as a career?

BTW you use the terms "burger flipper", "stoner teenager" to denote your contempt for those people. You act like what they do is what they are. I say you do this to help your little mind remove itself from the reality that these are real people that are getting ****ed over. You use the excuse that they don't have a skills and so deserve to be taken advantage of. The way you see it they are just worthless people.

I say your point of view is no different from any capitalist who sees people as resource to use. the Nike company and recently Apple have enjoyed using worthless unskilled kids to exploit labor from.

I have no contempt for those people whatsoever. The fact is that is what their job is. Flipping burgers at Mcdonalds is not deserving of a living wage. Getting high and working at Blockbuster is not deserving of a living wage. My first job was a cook at KFC. I made $4.25 an hour (minimum wage at the time). After continually smelling like chicken, and realizing what a crap job that was, I left after 6 months. I was 16 years old at the time, and you think I should've been paid a "living wage"? Do you enjoy paying more for your fried chicken?

No one is being taken advantage of, they are free to walk away at any time. Labor is a resource, it's a vast pool of the talented, and the talentless. Naturally the talented are going to thrive, while making more money. The talentless on the other hand, are destined for minimum wage jobs. They haven't proven themselves to be worthy of higher pay.

Again, you refused to answer the question: How much should a burger flipper at Mcdonalds be paid in your opinion?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I don't view individuals as parasites, only those who have some whacky sense of entitlement and use their delusions to justify their theft.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Only immoral, selfish and short sighted businessmen are driven solely by profit. If you're one of them then life sucks for you.

Some of these people you are referring to as selfish, short sighted and immoral are driven to this line of lifestyle by the pukes that thieve from their work place, making them have to be profit driven. If they weren't in danger of losing their jobs becuase of faltering profit levels, caused by lossm then maybe a few of them could have the lifestyle of liesure. Though I am sure there will always be the sketchy people who have been profit motivated from the start.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have no contempt for those people whatsoever. The fact is that is what their job is.

edit on 11-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

meh...couldnt figure out the quote thing...move along, nothing to see here

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Do you steal from work? I do. Every single job I've ever had, except for one. And you know what, I dont feel guilty about it. Not one bit.

even though i am self employed, but do hire help when needed, i would never hire someone like you.
stealing is stealing, to justify it like you do only tells me that you think you are owed more than you are paid.
just quit if this is the case.
do you also steal from walmart and other corporations?
i take from no one, never have and never will.
i think people like you give honest employees a bad name.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

15 bucks a hour..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So Vipe its ok to exploit laborers and even exploit CHILD LABOR but I"m the immoral one because I steal from my mega rich corporation. Cmon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

But chefs would still cook if there wasnt money in it. Gardeners would still garden if there wasnt a landscaping company to work for. These are honest, true businesses.

Companies that only operate for profit deserve all the ill will, thievery and hatred that they get because slavery to profit causes so, so many problems for the world and its citizens.

How would chefs buy their products?

What causes problems for the world and its citizens are the envious cancers like you who feel you are owed something, and if you can't earn it, you are just going to take it.

Ditch your corporate built computer. Stop using your corporate generated electricity. Do you drive a car? Use gas? Give up all of them.

If you have such a strong hatred for corporations, you should get rid of every corporate product in your life.

But you won't, because you are nothing more than a whiny hypocritical child.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join