It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vash
reply to post by ViperChili

15 bucks a hour..

Lol at least someone has the courage to admit they know nothing about business or economics.

Even though you have proven yourself foolish, at least you had the grapefruits to say something.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

So Vipe its ok to exploit laborers and even exploit CHILD LABOR but I"m the immoral one because I steal from my mega rich corporation. Cmon.

The only people who are exploited are those who allow themselves to be.

Forced child labor is 100% wrong.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

All employees of McDonalds should make enough to live on if they work full time. I would say $15/hr is a decent wage. It should be enough to make it most places in the US. That might make the cost of a burger at McDonalds a little higher. Oh no! God forbid. It also might make some people care more about their work and work place. Oh no! And if they are slackers and don't show up for work fire them!

I have no problem paying a little more for better quality and better service. I don't eat at KFC or McDonalds or Burger King or any other fast food place. Why? because the quality of the food sucks. It is obvious that the company doesn't care about their product or the people they serve it to. It is also obvious they don't care about their employees. They care about profits only! It is also obvious the employees don't care either. Pay peanuts and get people acting like monkeys.
edit on 11-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by doctornamtab

But chefs would still cook if there wasnt money in it. Gardeners would still garden if there wasnt a landscaping company to work for. These are honest, true businesses.

Only immoral, selfish and short sighted businessmen are driven solely by profit. If you're one of them then life sucks for you.

Companies that only operate for profit deserve all the ill will, thievery and hatred that they get because slavery to profit causes so, so many problems for the world and its citizens.

How would chefs buy their products?

What causes problems for the world and its citizens are the envious cancers like you who feel you are owed something, and if you can't earn it, you are just going to take it.

Ditch your corporate built computer. Stop using your corporate generated electricity. Do you drive a car? Use gas? Give up all of them.

If you have such a strong hatred for corporations, you should get rid of every corporate product in your life.

But you won't, because you are nothing more than a whiny hypocritical child.

Aaaannnd you're done.

Thanks for devolving this discussion into aggrandized, blanket statements which really have no basis in reality or what we're talking about. Following this logic: if you hate politicians you should give away your rights.

When people have no real argument left they resort to insulting the other person. Use your big boy words and contribute to the discussion.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

All employees of McDonalds should make enough to live on if they work full time. I would say $15/hr is a decent wage. It should be enough to make it most places in the US. That might make the cost of a burger at McDonalds a little higher. Oh no! God forbid. It also might make some people care more about their work and work place. Oh no! And if they are slackers and don't show up for work fire them!

I have no problem paying a little more for better quality and better service. I don't eat at KFC or McDonalds or Burger King or any other fast food place. Why? because the quality of the food sucks. It is obvious that the company doesn't care about their product or the people they serve it to. It is also obvious they don't care about their employees. It is also obvious the employees don't care either. Pay peanuts and get people acting like monkeys.

Ahahahahahahahahaha. $15 an hour for some kid to flip burgers? Since they don't pay anywhere near that, I guess you believe McDonalds (one of the most successful companies on the planet) has a horrible business model right? Might make the cost a little higher? Are you insane? You want to increase the labor cost by 100%. That would result in higher prices and fewer jobs. That by itself, is a horrible business model.

McDonalds does care about the quality of their product, it's the consumers who don't. If the customers didn't think the quality was high enough to justify paying for it, McDonalds would have to change their product, or go out of business. They produce a product, which in their consumers mind, is of high enough quality to have billions in sales.

$15 an hour for a burger flipper
When you get some business sense, cmon back to this topic.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Why would you use a product produced by something you despise?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah Nike and Apple are hugely successful too and yet they used child labor in countries without labor laws. And look at the wonderful practices of Walmart. Don't you just love greed? What a great business model. Such great corporate citizens don't you think?

some kid who flips burgers isn't worth $15/hr hell isn't it obvious hes not worth even $2/hr. Maybe he should work for free and the privilege of proving to someone like you just how much abuse he can take and still come to work.

Like I said the world would be better off without McDonalds anyway.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Yeah Nike and Apple are hugely successful too and yet they used child labor in countries without labor laws. And look at the wonderful practices of Walmart. Don't you just love greed? What a great business model. Such great corporate citizens don't you think?

some kid who flips burgers isn't worth $15/hr hell isn't it obvious hes not worth even $2/hr. Maybe he should work for free and the privilege of proving to someone like you just how much abuse he can take and still come to work.

Like I said the world would be better off without McDonalds anyway.

And all of the people employed by McDonalds should just what, go on unemployment?

No, a kid who flips burgers isn't worth 15 an hour. Nowhere near.

Ever happen to think Nike, Apple, and Walmart only buy from overseas manufacturers because of the ridiculous amount of union bs and government control that are in place here? Get government and union losers out of the picture, and bam more manufacturing jobs here.

As I said before, child labor is 100% wrong, which is why I personally do not buy from businesses which buy from suppliers who use it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

natural resources, which belong to everybody technically, those who claim to own oil, minerals, or water* often do so at gunpoint,

* the laws prohibiting collecting rainwater are justified claiming it is property of the state are there to benefit corporations that sell water in california there arte some big ass reservoirs that have been "privatized"** that is stolen from the original investors: the taxpayers [who received no profit at all]

secret and forbidden technology:

there is no overpopulation there is more than enough food to feed everybody on the planet.
proof? the fact that those starving millions exist their bodies did not come into existence by breathing or eating dirt.

don't get me started on medicine and medical tech
and let's not even start with the rockefellers, goldman sucks and the bailout billionares

Usury in general

** the whole privatization agenda is theft on a massive scale
=====================================================
most of the ones here flaming are part of this corrupt system and will defend it to the death: you are part of the problem.

or they subscribe to calvinistic BS ex. "all god's chillun got shoes"
the poor are poor for a reason or because they choose to be.
or just plain calvinism: the rich are rich and the poor are poor because god predetermined all that; you are rich or poor because you are of the elect or the damned respectively.

or believe in self-sacrifice : as long as the self being sacrificed is someone else.

greedheads [ ive got mine, F U]

seriously confused people who seem to have a pathological disregard for their own interests to the benefit of others.

what of monsantos agenda to monopolize all food production
and it's attempts at preempting any attempt at growing your own food hmmm?

taking them to court [working within the system] always seems to fail, now why is that

what of all the time stolen from us?

when the light bulb was invented
those people employed to check the street lamps and make sure they had enough oil in them were discarded like so much trash.

when they complained they were accused of getting in the way of PROGRESS and swept aside.

but any thing that could discard the energy corps in the same manner [and liberate all humans in terms of time effort,etc], even if it's just increasing your cars mileage is violently opposed [and there are degrees of violence, even intentionally wasting an hours time of a persons life is violence]

OP penny-ante theft is a no no and will give TCOTBIP the excuse to label and monitor you.
stupidity is it's own punishment

if your employers were sitting on a revolutionary "free-energy" device or a cure for cancer
in order to keep making a profit, then it is perfectly justified to "steal it" and put it on the web.

sure Xcorp might go completely under, some people will lose their jobs including you, but the benefits for all humans would more than offset the costs

isn't that how capitalism is supposed to work

oh the hypocrisy in some of the haters replies

Lady Skadi has it right about some folks true colors on this thread.

OHH!!!! i forgot all the taxes the corps avoid paying now that's big time looting/parasitism

edit on 11-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

There's 3 groups of people,
Builders, Sustainers, and Destroyers, when it all boils down that's what you get.
Now where to you think stealing fits in?
Whether I steal from your home or at work, it's still, stealing, and in the end someone paid/pays for it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Overpopulation is indeed a real threat. The infrastructure simply isn't there to support more and more people.

Water, energy, transportation, etc etc. They all come into play when talking about the dangers of overpopulation.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i think the word 'corporation' should just be removed from this argument.
this is really about stealing from those who did better than others concerning income.
in other words, if a person is struggling and poorer than the o.p., then they have a right to steal from the author of the o.p.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
this is really about stealing from those who did better than others concerning income.
in other words, if a person is struggling and poorer than the o.p., then they have a right to steal from the author of the o.p.

100% correct.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

You do realize that if you paid everyone at the least skilled job (burger flipper) $15/hr than you'd essentially be raising the costs of living. Thus, making $15/hr the minimum wage, and not the living wage. The ultimate result would be a dollar that is severely devalued in the world economy. What you are saying, when it boils down to it, is that you want some form of communism. Which is fine, if that is what you feel. But, it has been shown that communism will NOT work. You breed people who have no incentive to work or better themselves. Why would I go to get a graduate degree when I can make the same amount right out of high school? You wouldn't. And make no mistake, you are in favor of communism, because the only way to maintain this "living wage" and not devalue the dollar by essentially making $15/hr the minimum wage, is create communism.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am not going to lecture you but to me..stealing is stealing. I still have that ingrained sense of propriety instilled by my mother, that you don't take what belongs to you.
Obviously taking a pen or pencil or a few thumb tacks doesn't really constitute anything major..what I am talking about is actually stealing merchandise, money, etc.

I don't really feel "sorry" for big corporations when employees take things..but I kind of don't like to stoop to their level of theft and corruption, if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Very true. Especially once you consider the fact that a "corporation" can be a business of a few people that was merely incorporated under state law for legal liability reasons.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Get rid of unions and government interference and we can also have no child labor laws or minimum wage. Then we can be like Jamaica and China and those corporations that ran away to take advantage of the people over there can come back here and take advantage of people here. That will definitely keep costs down and prices lower. It will also ensure great profits. Very good business plan to be sure after all profits are all that matter.

There is more to life and living than money and profits. Companies need to have some moral fiber, some ethics where the bottom line in not just profit but whether we as a whole benefit from their existence. If what you do doesn't benefit all involved but rather benefits some at the expense of others then it is wrong.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

We don't need to raise employees wages to devalue the dollar - banks and the fed are doing that for us!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Why don't you start your own business where you are concerned about "moral fiber" moreso than profits.

Lets see how long you last.

Last time I checked, moral fiber and ethics didn't pay the bills.

Does your landlord or mortgage company accept moral fiber or kind words in lieu of cash?

Or do you pay them in puppies and ice cream cones? Maybe vials of valuable unicorn piss?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

then were did those starving millions come from ?
what are there bodies made from dirt, air, prayers

no their bodies and all human bodies are made out of FOOD!

but some prefer to throw away/destroy food if there is no profit to made.

go to the back of the class

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join