It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
reply to post by DuceizBack

You should know, you agreed to the T&Cs when you made your account.

Regardless of how you feel about his actions that does not give you the right to insult him or attempt to solicit his personal information.
edit on 11-5-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

I wasn't going to go out my way to get it lol.
[even though I could if I wanted to]

But oh well, go ahead and rat away.

link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by doctornamtab

I'll never forget one talented electrician that I had the privilege of working with. He was very smart and really was beyond what we were tasked with at the time. Soon enough he gave his notice.

It was his last day and after this particular day he would be there no more. He showed me a very expensive tool that belonged to the company and told me that they were so dumb that they didn't even know what they had nor would they miss it. I acted as if I didn't know what he meant and went on about my business.

As the day drew to a close he asked me if I can throw this particular tool over the fence to him outside the shop where he would be waiting to receive it.

I declined to entertain any such nonsense and told him again that I have no idea what he's talking about so as to make myself unaware of any wrong doing by anyone and went about my business.

I seen him stuff this particular tool in his bag and leave. He got away with it alright and no one ever asked where the tool went. It was like he said, I don't think they even knew they had it.

Time went on and I met some other people years later. The people I met told me that they worked with this individual at a particular place and that he was now in charge and was a big boss.

The moral of the story? Who the hell knows.

I don't know but I bet he regularly takes advantage of his employees.

Why?

Because his type of thinking works for both the disgruntled employee that steals as well as the CEO that steals labor from his employees.

It is the rationalizing of theft.

link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Regardless of how you feel about his actions that does not give you the right to insult him or attempt to solicit his personal information.

Says the rat! Nobody likes a rat.

edit: was just a joke.
edit on 11-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Says the rat! Nobody likes a rat.

edit: was just a joke.

I'm not the one stealing from stores claiming to be righteous.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I said it was a joke.

definition of "joke"

link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Duciez you dont tip?

You're more of a thief than I am! Hahaha!

You're stealing labor from the poor, just like corporations do. Servers and bartenders make $3 to 4 an hour. When its not busy they make $20 ALL DAY. Poor have to stick together and support each other. Thats the only way to get some economic justice round here.

You can probably guess what servers, chefs and bartenders do to your food and drinks when you refuse to tip them.

Isn't 20% of your bill a small price to pay for the peace of mind? For knowing your food contains what's on the menu and not whats on the floor?

You're an idiot.
if that's the case I guess most Japanese citizens are thieves as well.
As they don't tip either.

I can't believe somebody gave you a thumbs up for that dumb comment.
Why should I pay somebody extra simply for doing their job?
Should I also give a little extra tip to cops, mail men, doctors?

I don't drink at bars, so I don't have to worry about them.
Nor do I eat out much, as i'm not a lazy bastard, and I actually know how to cook.

If someone spits on food because they don't get tipped, then they don't deserve too.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

Okay, the OP is right here. He is bad. But you are worse. Unless of course he is stealing from the register.

Servers work their ass off. Maybe you should go be a server for a week and realize how hard it is. They get paid LESS than minimum wage because tips are part of what they are getting paid. Thus, they have to pay taxes on them. You aren't paying extra, you are paying for going out to eat. If you are so against it, when you go out to eat, make sure the waiter knows you won't tip. That is fair. If you think it's part of their job, tell them. Say, hey, I don't understand why I should pay you extra for you working your butt off getting me my food and drinks and putting up with my attitude, while you get paid significantly below minimum wage, so I'm not going to give you a tip. I bet you don't have the balls to do that.

link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by ViperChili

I sound like a loser? You sound like you have no life experience.

"You accept that wage so its your fault"
Why dont you pull your head out of your arse eh? Minimum wage cannot be negociated with - You dont accept it, they'll find someone else who will, simple as that.
As for having more marketable skills? Seriously, get off your high horse. I come from a poor area, i went to a poor school had a poor education, no help from my family.
Everyone deserves a livable wage, you might be suprised just how hard and stressful unskilled work can be.

Yes, you do in fact sound like a loser.

"Whaaaa, I grew up poor, WHaaa I went to a poor school,". Quit making excuses.

Everyone does not deserve a "livable wage".

Humor me, how much should a burger flipper make? $15/hour? $20/hour?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Deuce how can you get upset with me for stealing from a gigantic company yet you're too cheap to leave a couple bucks on the table? How does that make sense? Arent you stealing too? Stealing the labor of the person who brought you food? Do you tip your barber? Do you tip the taxi driver who gets you home safe?

Have you ever worked in the service industry?

Doctors, lawyers and the like work in a different industry. I dont feel like its right to apply the logic of tipping doctors to tipping waitresess. Not everyone can be a doctor but everyone should be able to provide for their family regardless of their education or job choice. Besides, some people LIKE being servers. Just because you might not understand that doesnt mean they dont deserve a tip.

By not tipping you're taking.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think that the OP is a nasty piece of work ! A thief is a thief, trying to wrap it up in a way that you think makes you into some sort of hero, is a cop-out. If you worked for me and you were stealing, you would get more than sacked ! The thing is, when you get caught ( and you will ), you will plead your innocence and like the coward you are, will try to wriggle your way out of any trouble. There is a consequence for things which we do, and I don't mean religious wise, I hope you have your entire lifes posessions stolen from you by some punk,who calls you a capitalist for owning stuff which he can't afford. I would like to see the expression on your face, will you be admiring him as a hero, or wanting to give him a good kicking !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Yeah because that is totally the same thing.

He takes some pens from a faceless corporation and AIG walks away with billions in bailout money.

Point your guns at the right people for crying out loud.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If one were to buy shares in a corporation, they would be investing with a certain level of risk. Investments are based upon risk (In that there are no risk free investments). Many factors come into this risk. Theft is a minuscule factor.

A person who steals from a corporation is (in a sense) making an investment. They risk 100% of income from meaningful work for the rest of their life.

If you have much to lose, theft is a horrible investment. If you have little to lose it theft is a better investment.

Theft is part of a balance. The the moral implications are subjective. This is a philosophical debate that will never reach a conclusion.

My personal view: I would steal from a corporation given a low risk situation. I would not steal from a person, or small business unless the life of loved ones immediately and absolutely depended on it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

You have a poor business model if it cannot pay a "livable wage" to someone working full time. If a business cannot survive paying a "livable wage" to its full time employees because that would eat into profits too much then it probably doesn't deserve to be in business to begin with.

Robbing someone of their full time labor with phrases like "lack of marketable skills" and "your fault I'm not going to pay you more" is a poor excuse. If it weren't for minimum wage laws people like you would try paying 11 cents an hour and all the while blaming your employees for the conditions of a job you created.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This is the most excellent thread I have seen in a long time.

GE pays 0$ in taxes and politicians aren't being recalled to fix this. Some dude steals post it notes and pens from some faceless corporation that writes it off anyway and we have 10 pages slamming him backed with all kinds of hilarious reasoning.

It's like some kind of Shakespeare-ian comedy.

Yes, one of the more interesting threads I've seen in a week or two.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

A burger flipper is not deserving of $15 an hour. It is a relatively unskilled job.

How about the stoned teenager working at video stores? Should he be paid $10 an hour or more? Of course not, they simply aren't worth $400 a week.

I pay employees what I feel they are worth to the business. The more valuable and skilled an employee is, the more they are paid.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If it's corporate or big business steal away, just don't get caught and don't go crazy. They steal from people everyday.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
If it's corporate or big business steal away, just don't get caught and don't go crazy. They steal from people everyday.

Itemize what they have stolen from you.

What are your actual damages?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

you do realise that subways etc are franchised, they have there own managers, that work hard paying what ever subway charges them for using the equipment name and layout.

your pure evil and belong in jail for your crimes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by flushy
If one were to buy shares in a corporation, they would be investing with a certain level of risk. Investments are based upon risk (In that there are no risk free investments). Many factors come into this risk. Theft is a minuscule factor.

A person who steals from a corporation is (in a sense) making an investment. They risk 100% of income from meaningful work for the rest of their life.

If you have much to lose, theft is a horrible investment. If you have little to lose it theft is a better investment.

Theft is part of a balance. The the moral implications are subjective. This is a philosophical debate that will never reach a conclusion.

My personal view: I would steal from a corporation given a low risk situation. I would not steal from a person, or small business unless the life of loved ones immediately and absolutely depended on it.

Good show Flushy! This is a great way to put it. I don't care about this job and probably never will. So to lose it is of zero importance.

I would STOP stealing if I had a family or anyone relying on me because thats just irresponsible.

But since its just me, I can live with my actions, live with getting fired and then lie my way into some other garbage job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by MegaMind

A burger flipper is not deserving of $15 an hour. It is a relatively unskilled job.

How about the stoned teenager working at video stores? Should he be paid $10 an hour or more? Of course not, they simply aren't worth $400 a week.

I pay employees what I feel they are worth to the business. The more valuable and skilled an employee is, the more they are paid.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

So you say. You see I don't judge people for what I think they are worth (a teenager? yeah not worth anything right?) or worse what I can get away with paying. I'm sure international corporations that use child labor agree with you completely. They are unskilled labor and barely deserve whatever the CEO scrapes off his shoe.

Like I said if your business cannot make it without hiring a full time employee at a wage that they could not even live on then your business is not really a viable business. It is a business that requires a stealing of labor.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join