It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
People should be stealing constantly

People should be marching in the street with rifles revolting against the system

People should do a lot of things, but we don't.

I steal to support my family, if they want to raise the price of oil, then they know people are going to steal, which is why they FACTOR that into when they buy inventory, because they cannot avoid it.

If my government wants to outlaw one of the most progressive plants [not going to say the name, mods have a hard on against drugs] then I will never comply with anything they have to say.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First stealing is plain wrong. I have hated many jobs but never even considered stealing.

That being said I can't take the stance that everyone is where they are by virtue of their own decisions and work ethic. This goes for people at the top as well as at the bottom.

Too many people pat themselves on the back for their good positions in life. Much of where they are was determined by where they started. I know people who are millionaires that are as dumb as bricks and slacked their way through school and got to work in the family business and bungle that as well. The fact that things in their business work as well as they do is really a testament to the smarter lower wage employees they rely on. If their whole business were made of clones of themselves their business would close over night. These people didn't do anything "special" and certainly nothing that the other 80% of the population wouldn't or couldn't have done were they born in their shoes.

I'm not saying that everyone who is wealthy or "made it" is like this but a great many are. And they take the credit for it all. Then they blame everyone else who is a "loser" saying they could have done it but decided not to. "The opportunity is there equally for all to take. Go start a business!" With what? It is called capitalism for a reason - it takes capital to start a business - and usually a lot at that!

At its extreme look at the nearly slave labor that people in China endure at the hands of corporations. Perhaps those people working away 12 or 14 hours a day on goods sold in Walmart made poor life decisions. Some of them are children - obviously they made poor life choices and that is why they find themselves where they are. I mean they shouldn't expect anything more because they don't have any marketable skills do they? After all it's a business not a charity. If they don't like the wages they can go somewhere else. Nobody forced them to take the job and agree to the hours, work or wages. They are free to choose. Right?

That of course is the extreme. But I think it illustrates my point. Corporations WILL exploit people if given the chance.

All this "its your fault for not doing something better" is really a guise put on by those that do not want to take any blame for creating a job position that works a person hard for 40 hours a week with pay that wouldn't even make a rent payment while living on saltine crackers and ketchup. Perhaps something is wrong with your business model that the success of your business is dependent on working people 40 hours a week at minimum wage. That IS theft!!

edit on 11-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP,

Do you ever worry about any kind of final judgement when you die?

Not really. I'm spiritual, not religious. I just dont think theres some bearded guy up there who cares if I steal or masturbate or whatever other silly rules were put in place to guilt the poor into good behavior. The rich don't follow those rules, why should we?

No offense to anyone's religion but its ideas like final judgement that scare us into following the herd and being good little soldiers for corporate criminals. And spiritual criminals, for that matter.

Besides, if there is a final judgement my acts of kindness and humanity FAR outweigh the fact that I steal from people who steal from me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What's the original posters real name?
I'm dead serious.

I'll contact his job and link them to this thread.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I get it, you think you're a modern day robin hood. What you don't realize is that the fat cats at the top don't take the hit, YOU DO AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

As im sure many have posted your not stealing from them, your stealing from us as the cost of your theft raise the costs and prices for the rest of us. If you want to make a change don't work for or buy the products of these corporations, unfotunatly the lobbist make sure their goods are the only ones to buy.

I totaly agree'd with your OP but then i saw the internal workings of a corporation and realized the only way to harm them is to spread humors and try to drive customers out of the store, but becareful they have high priced lawyers, and deep pockets.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why are all of you so angry at the OP he is only stealing small meaningless things from a corporation that could easily miss it. Why not put this energy into putting an end to corporate assh*les who steal enormous sums of money every year from us. Why not get angry at them? But no you just silently condone it apparently. Its incredibly hypocrite.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Brutebever because: Grammatical error

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
reply to post by Revolution-2012

And what did the corporation see from my work and my co-workers work?

Well obviously they didnt see you apply yourself and obtain more skills to better your situation. Why is the businesses of today responsible for your lack of effort or initiative? Sounds to me your more lazy and want to blame anyone but yourself for your situation. Heres a big boy hint on life, take responsibility for your actions.

How about the corporations and banks we work for take responsibility? Would we have bailed them all out if they took responsibility for their actions? Where's their sense of duty to society and moral compass?

Besides, corporations and banks see more of our tax dollars than the common people EVER will and next year, they're gonna take more. The year after that, theyre gonna take more. Without giving any back. All on the labor and misery of the people that work for them.

Very moral, those corporations and banks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is the most excellent thread I have seen in a long time.

GE pays 0$ in taxes and politicians aren't being recalled to fix this. Some dude steals post it notes and pens from some faceless corporation that writes it off anyway and we have 10 pages slamming him backed with all kinds of hilarious reasoning.

It's like some kind of Shakespeare-ian comedy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
Stealing is stealing - it's never a victimless crime.

If everyone in a large corporation steals, then it lowers the profitability of the company; lower it enough, and something has to give (usually jobs).

Or, lower the profitability of a company, and you put the brakes on it's expansion and growth; therefore, you are denying the possibility of more people gaining employment from said company.

So, by virtue of your actions, you are worse than the "demonic private corporations which suck the blood from the hard working citizens".

Through your actions, you are perpetuating the cycle of poverty, and destroying the opportunities for other people to have employment and food on their table.

*clap, clap, clap* ... aren't you a f***ing hero.

Just a thought, why not apply this logic to the men and women who operate these businesses?

Apparently I'm powerless enough to not have a voice in my company or make decisions regarding its future yet I somehow control the employability of thousands of people because I stole a stapler and used the copy machine?

Theres a break in logic there. I'm an employee not an EMPLOYER.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
All the time... Working in a kitchen, lemme' tell you really helps with the grocery bill.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think the OP is missing the point:

By stealing you aren't hurting the CEO's and the people that run the business. The costs are given to the CONSUMER! Thus, if someone wants a pen at the Walgreens your working at for minimum wage, Bic will charge .10 more because of actions from you, and people like you. So nice job! You are stealing from consumers! Aka INDIVIDUALS!

You really do have a sense that you are bigger than everyone else. The truth is, you are FAR FAR less than the average person. Here's to hoping you get arrested like you deserve!
edit on 11-5-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Just a thought, why not apply this logic to the men and women who operate these businesses?

We can't do that, rich people would get mad and leave the country and we would all live in some wasteland filled with poor people.

Apparently I'm powerless enough to not have a voice in my company or make decisions regarding its future yet I somehow control the employability of thousands of people because I stole a stapler and used the copy machine?

Yes, you are responsible. When lay offs happen it is because of people like you and has nothing to do with the size of a CEOs pay check or the inability for those people who are employers to run their businesses in a successful fashion or any number of economic/social issues.
edit on 11-5-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Duciez you dont tip?

You're more of a thief than I am! Hahaha!

You're stealing labor from the poor, just like corporations do. Servers and bartenders make $3 to 4 an hour. When its not busy they make $20 ALL DAY. Poor have to stick together and support each other. Thats the only way to get some economic justice round here.

You can probably guess what servers, chefs and bartenders do to your food and drinks when you refuse to tip them.

Isn't 20% of your bill a small price to pay for the peace of mind? For knowing your food contains what's on the menu and not whats on the floor?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

My name?

Gofa Kyurself

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Duciez you dont tip?

You're more of a thief than I am! Hahaha!

You're stealing labor from the poor, just like corporations do. Servers and bartenders make $3 to 4 an hour. When its not busy they make $20 ALL DAY. Poor have to stick together and support each other. Thats the only way to get some economic justice round here.

You can probably guess what servers, chefs and bartenders do to your food and drinks when you refuse to tip them.

Isn't 20% of your bill a small price to pay for the peace of mind? For knowing your food contains what's on the menu and not whats on the floor?

You're an idiot.
if that's the case I guess most Japanese citizens are thieves as well.
As they don't tip either.

I can't believe somebody gave you a thumbs up for that dumb comment.
Why should I pay somebody extra simply for doing their job?
Should I also give a little extra tip to cops, mail men, doctors?

I don't drink at bars, so I don't have to worry about them.
Nor do I eat out much, as i'm not a lazy bastard, and I actually know how to cook.

If someone spits on food because they don't get tipped, then they don't deserve too.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
I'm dead serious.

FYI, what you have just attempted to do has been reported. I think this is a T&C violation.

BTW, who did you call in outrage after GE got away with not paying taxes?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I'll never forget one talented electrician that I had the privilege of working with. He was very smart and really was beyond what we were tasked with at the time. Soon enough he gave his notice.

It was his last day and after this particular day he would be there no more. He showed me a very expensive tool that belonged to the company and told me that they were so dumb that they didn't even know what they had nor would they miss it. I acted as if I didn't know what he meant and went on about my business.

As the day drew to a close he asked me if I can throw this particular tool over the fence to him outside the shop where he would be waiting to receive it.

I declined to entertain any such nonsense and told him again that I have no idea what he's talking about so as to make myself unaware of any wrong doing by anyone and went about my business.

I seen him stuff this particular tool in his bag and leave. He got away with it alright and no one ever asked where the tool went. It was like he said, I don't think they even knew they had it.

Time went on and I met some other people years later. The people I met told me that they worked with this individual at a particular place and that he was now in charge and was a big boss.

The moral of the story? Who the hell knows.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Originally posted by DuceizBack
I'm dead serious.

FYI, what you have just attempted to do has been reported. I think this is a T&C violation.

BTW, who did you call in outrage after GE got away with not paying taxes?

Lol what?
For reporting a crime?

Dude is openly admitting to committing theft.
edit on 11-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You should know, you agreed to the T&Cs when you made your account.

Regardless of how you feel about his actions that does not give you the right to insult him or attempt to solicit his personal information.

Also, since you dodged my question I am going with that you did absolutely nothing about the GE issue. Good on you, better to gnash your teeth over post it notes instead of multi-million dollar tax dodges.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join