It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

But since its just me, I can live with my actions, live with getting fired and then lie my way into some other garbage job.

Damn, you sound like a real winner.

I bet the ladies just love you.

link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I think we would point our guns at someone from AIG if they started posting here bragging that they stole money from the government because the government takes our taxes. I agree that Corporations should pay taxes and there should be reform. But that doesn't mean it's okay for someone to steal from the corporations. Two wrongs don't make a right. I know it's a cliche but it still holds true. What would be better:

You know I have robbed people of 1,000,000 dollars. You have enough evidence to get me convicted. However, you decide to break in and steal from me and keep it for yourself.

OR

You know I have robbed people of 1,000,000 dollars. You have enough evidence to get me convicted. So, you call the police.

Obviously, the second choice is better. As it gets the money back to those who deserve it, and it was done in a manner that really affects change and doesn't allow me to keep robbing people.

Same situation here: We have corporations not paying taxes. We, the people, have the power to effect change. So, we should use that power to push government into doing what we want: Placing higher taxes on corporations. Heck, place mandatory taxes on corporations with no allowance for deductions.

link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Why go that far?

I am on welfare and you work, we make the same.

At least I have all this free time to do drugs and have kids. I just make all these guys in the thread pay for it, it's the life man!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000

you do realise that subways etc are franchised, they have there own managers, that work hard paying what ever subway charges them for using the equipment name and layout.

your pure evil and belong in jail for your crimes.

Pure evil...ha! I'm actually shining up my devil horns right now with stolen shoe polish.

Just because they're corporate cells doesnt mean they dont belong to the corrupt corporate body.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by MegaMind

A burger flipper is not deserving of $15 an hour. It is a relatively unskilled job.

How about the stoned teenager working at video stores? Should he be paid $10 an hour or more? Of course not, they simply aren't worth $400 a week.

I pay employees what I feel they are worth to the business. The more valuable and skilled an employee is, the more they are paid.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

Treat your employees like they are expendables and just another product to be thrown away then your business deserves all it gets as far as in-house shrinkage. No a "burger flipper" shouldn't be paid a 15 dollars an hour but a line cook should. And if you are nice maybe he'll be willing to do other things besides flipping burgers.

I love the "business mind" so calculating and machine like. Your workers are human beings not just "costs". If you treat them with respect, dignity and part of a family they will enjoy to come to work and their work level will increase. Plus if they are happy and care about the business it'll rub off on the customers, and you'll have a loyal following. That's the problem with expanding to big; the larger businesses by necessity have to cut back on the little things to the point that their employees become part of their machinery. F that, you view me as a machine, and want to cut costs at the expense of treating your workers fair you better believe that if I need something it's getting lifted.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

lol wut?

My point is that we all have all this rage in this thread and when it comes to economic shenanigans that really did rob all of us blind all I hear are crickets.

Hell, they robbed our children at the same time and all I hear are crickets.

Potentially destroyed America as we know it? Hear that? yeah man, more crickets.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Honest people stay at the bottom of the ladder. If you want to get somewhere in this world, be prepared to steal (be it material things, ideas, concepts...) and do bad. This gentlemen, is in my humble opinion the sad truth today.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So my question is: When and why do you steal from work? If you dont, why not?

No, I don't steal from work. Why not? Because theft is theft, no matter who it's from.

When is ok to steal? What virtues are there in stealing from work and corporations?

Survival is the only reasonable reason to steal. So, if you are starving, stealing food is much more arguable as valid. Any other theft would seem to be only for immoral reasons, so I'd see as wrong myself.

Of course, to each their own.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

How much should a burger flipper be paid in your opinion?

Restaurants for example run on a very thin profit margin for the most part. How much would you pay a dishwasher?

You fail to see that the more you pay, results in higher prices, which results in less demand.

Entry level positions pay a low wage, because they are ENTRY LEVEL (as in not meant to be a career).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
If it's corporate or big business steal away, just don't get caught and don't go crazy. They steal from people everyday.

Itemize what they have stolen from you.

What are your actual damages?

Do you mean in general or personal? Because corporations and big business IMO steal from everyone. They steal (legally of course) from small business, they steal the concept of "commons", they steal the dignity of foreign and natural born workers, they steal the ability to have fair legislation and elections, they steal out ability to breath clean air, and drink clean water. Should I go on?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

And if caught lifting said item, imagine what you will spend in legal fees and fines

Rationalizing theft is the epitome of a parasitic mindset, typically found in losers, degenerates, and other scumbags who should have been aborted.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Steal from small business? How so, because they offer products at lower prices?

That is not theft.

Dignity? Are you serious? If people feel their dignity has been taken, they are free to quit to go rediscover it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We are not designed for this system, doctornamtab.

Science suggests we have evolved partly to hunt and gather. No one ever paid raspberry bushes for their fruit (other than adding extra nitrogen and phosphorus to the forest through urine and faecal matter).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

But since its just me, I can live with my actions, live with getting fired and then lie my way into some other garbage job.

Damn, you sound like a real winner.

I bet the ladies just love you.

I think the problem here is a problem of morals. Personally, I make a separation between how I act with people and how I act with corporations. Corporations do not operate on the same moral code. To apply interpersonal morals to business is a terrible business model and is a business that would NEVER succeed.

We cannot hold corporations accountable the same way we can hold regular people accountable therefore to apply interpersonal morals to your work means youre going to get screwed by an economy that has NO morals aside from the profit virtue. Call it playing down to their level but I call your "hardworking virtue" slave morality

This dual morality is something we all have to adjust to when we start our working lives. That's why its so hard to find a "good" job, because there are very few MORAL businesses. To be sane, moral and successful we have to be ethically amphibious meaning we operate under BOTH moral standards.

At work I act like a business. In real life I act like a kind, compassionate, giving human being.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

That's a nice philosophy that makes it possible to live in a society where blue collar crime mostly based on need and necessity (still wrong of course) are given harsh sentences, while white collar crime based on greed (which contributes to the inequality that makes blue collar crime a reality) is overlooked and in fact encouraged. Gimme a break with your perverse morality.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Some People get it... Some People don't.

I worked for a couple years, in my teens, at crappy low rent, low pay jobs. Never stole from them, never felt the desire or need - even though I hardly had enough money to pay for a date and no chance of paying rent at a decent place.

Instead of stealing or being a crooked, slithering thing in the grass, I looked at the different options for my future and made a plan.

I got my real estate license - never stole or cheated, might have begged and borrowed though - and sold condos for 2 years. I saved every penny I could from that and learned a trade, custom hardwood flooring installer and finisher. Bought all the tools and began advertising.

It has been 9 years and up to 11 installers now. Never stole anywhere to get to where I am, but I have witnessed thieves across the board. They are all the same, even if they think they are nothing alike.

I have had thieves working for me and apparently they have all been genuis, because they know since I have several people working for me that I can afford to have them stealing from me. I am the man.

Thieves stealing money from cash escrow deposit bags, thieves stealing polyurethane, nails, sandpaper, etc, thieves stealing customers. They have no shame and don't stop even if they feel satisfied. Justifying their actions all the way, saying they are standing up, like Robin Hood. Too many times I have put back the items I have worked hard to earn, because of thieves.

You thieves out there will never be able to steal self respect, dignity, or a sense of self worth, because in the back of your mind, until your dying day you will know you are nothing more than a self serving thief, with a socially defeatist personality.

When does a company become large enough that you can justify stealing from? Is there a number of employees, a profit number or something that lets you know how to identify which companies it is ok to steal from and which companies have real people who will be really hurt by your thefts?

Imagine opening your car and seeing you have been robbed. Now imagine that happening to you once a week. Would it bother you if someone that has a much worse lot in life stole from you because you are so much better off? Would it take food from your table to replace those items that you might need on a daily basis?

I do know one thing, if I know nothing else. If I ever catch you stealing a grain of dirt out of my front yard, much less anything else, I will make sure it is the last time you steal anything from me - or anyone else.

I hope you thieves look in the mirror and confront yourself with what you really are, instead of masking your sleaziness with false worth.

Simple. Pathetic.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Not talking about small businesses here which I respect. Once you go on the stock market you are fair game. PERIOD. It's typical when big businesses eliminate all competition in a given area (that would offer better wages, chance of ownership and variety, AKA small businesses) to turn around a chirp "well if you don't like quit and find another job".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Blue collar crime also tends to include violence, which is why prison sentences are longer than white collar (non violent crime).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Not talking about small businesses here which I respect. Once you go on the stock market you are fair game. PERIOD. It's typical when big businesses eliminate all competition in a given area (that would offer better wages, chance of ownership and variety, AKA small businesses) to turn around a chirp "well if you don't like quit and find another job".

So according to your logic, before their IPO, Google was fine, but immediately became ok to steal from after their IPO?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Right, you're justifying his actions because you think corporations in general are bad. What corporations do have absolutely nothing with the moral reprehensibility of what the OP is doing. They are two separate issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join