It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I've never stolen from work, but then again I've never worked for a corporation. I don't condemn you at all though, I actually sort of applaud it. I have friends who used to work at Sam Ash (music store corporation, #2 next to Guitar Center), and would steal thousands of dollars worth of recording equipment. Good for them. It allowed us to track some great music, and probably didn't make even a dent in the companies profits. I don't think they ever noticed, actually.

I heard once that Wal-Mart factors stolen goods into their budget, to the tune of something in the billions if I remember correctly. So apparently they plan on it, why not give them what they expect?

I'd say the gain that the little man gets from stealing here and there much outweighs the hit the corporation takes from it.

With all that said, even if I did work for a corporation, I know I'd never do it. Guess my parents just raised me right

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

I sound like a loser? You sound like you have no life experience.

"You accept that wage so its your fault"
Why dont you pull your head out of your arse eh? Minimum wage cannot be negociated with - You dont accept it, they'll find someone else who will, simple as that.
As for having more marketable skills? Seriously, get off your high horse. I come from a poor area, i went to a poor school had a poor education, no help from my family.
Everyone deserves a livable wage, you might be suprised just how hard and stressful unskilled work can be.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AxlJones

You'd think that wouldnt you? Unfortuently, they'd prefer to waste. It makes me sick, i'm telling you, one christmas we wasted like 30 sandwich's, on top of that cakes. It made me very sad :/

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This website is quickly becoming full of hypocritical sheep who will feed from the scraps the man chucks them, ignore the rants of these keyboard warriors and keep up the good work.
Do I steal from work?
Hells yeah I do.

I have 2 degrees and work an extremely skilled job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Setting aside the morality question, let's approach this from another angle. Since you say you now hold an office/clerical position, I assume you're still bondable. You say you know you're doing something risky, but do you truly understand just how risky your behavior is, regarding your future prospects?

We all see the question "are you bondable?" on job applications, but how many understand just what that means?

A couple of web pages dealing with that question, with some good short answers,
here

The bonding company will do a very complete back ground check on you, to find out if you are an honest and trustworthy person, with NO criminal record. The background check will consist of speaking to previous employers, personal character references, and a computer check of the national and state records of criminal convictions.

And here

It is asking if you are eligible for a Bond, often called a Fidelity Bond. It is an assurance that you are free from criminal activity and that the comapny will not incur loss if you do come to work for them and steal or commit a fraudulent act while employed.

If you get caught just once, and are fired by a company for proven, documented theft, you can find yourself unable to answer "yes" to the bonding question (or you can lie & be found out, your call).
What this means is that you'll suddenly have practically no chance of finding any kind of meaningful employment for the worst of reasons, the fact that your background is now one that indicates to a potential employer that you're completely untrustworthy.

This is not an unusual circumstance; I would wager that most, if not all, of the positions for which one will apply in one's life, done through legitimate channels, will involve the bonding issue. If a bonding company has good reason not to insure you against theft, a prospective employer then has good reason to decline to hire you.

You might want to take this into consideration. From the types of jobs you've described, it sounds like you're still relatively young, & have taken some needed steps to start a nice progression upward from the lower-pay, more mundane jobs with which many of us started. You only have to blow it once to have thrown all that away. Again, your call...
edit on 5/11/11 by BuzzCory because: Fixed incorrect link

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

You say stealing I say taking what I'm entitled to don't need to justify it to myself mate because I don't care what you or the next person thinks.I've worked overtime at times and not got paid what they said they would pay so I take stuff to keep the balance right.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I do it in my own little way. I don't steal and give to myself. I overuse company resources to help my customer and cut profit margins as much as possible.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wow, I haven't logged onto ATS in quite a while, but I just had to when reading most of the replies to this thread. As anyone with half a brain could guess by my username, I'm 100% in agreement with the OP, as long as (as he did say he does) you only steal from big faceless corporations. I did the same as you Op for years when I worked for such POS companies who really deserve no better, as someone mentioned, you're really stealing from the shareholders, and anyone who wants to defend their (the shareholders) rights, well, I don't know wtf they're doing here on ATS.

Keep up the good work ;> you modern day Robin Hood, Illegitimi non carborundum! But be careful, you might get sloppy and get caught after a while (happenned to me once), no big deal, plenty of other crappy jobs out there to steal from!

Star and Flag.

International Criminal

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think everyone should steal corporate money.
I do. Not a lot, though, because I am afraid to be caught.

I also steal from government as much as possible - they are another bunch of coercive a$$holes.

I applaud you, my friend.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
I do it in my own little way. I don't steal and give to myself. I overuse company resources to help my customer and cut profit margins as much as possible.

Helping your customer is just a cost of doing business... that's completely legal. Your're not stealing. The big joke about corporations is that they are profit oriented but this is a diversion.

Corporations exist to keep your mind locked down for 40 hours a week because they are concerned that you might try to have time to think freely during the week. "America worships commerce" - Jay Weidner

All you got to do is produce results, create commerce, help your customers consume your products, etc.
"It's an individual game." - Henrik Palmgren, Red Ice Radio

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Wow, crazy thread up in here.

You guys also have to think about the non-physical stealing. Do you bring your own electronics to work? Do you use their power to charge them? Are you using those electronics soley for "work related" activities? Do you get to work on time, take breaks by the book and leave exactly on time? If you leave early you might be a criminal. If you leave late, your employer might be stealing from you.

And then you have some cases where (larger) companies will just throw stuff away. I have gotten a couple things this way, stuff that was tossed in the trash or thrown in a pile somewhere where it will just sit for years. Technically this is stealing sure, but its just called that. I mean if you stuck something in the back of your closet because you don't need it but dont plan on using it anymore and it eventually disappeared, yes from a pride point of view it was taken from you, but from a practical point of view you have been relieved of it.

Certainly just outright taking of needed equipement or parts or materials or cash I do not accept. Taking $100 a week from a company is FAR to excessive, and would warrant a very severe punishment if caught. However with the way the economy is today many companies are still looking to maintain that profit margin they have had for decades. They will do this by thinning losses as much as possible. This means hiring as few heads as possible and paying as little as possible to those that are there. While we don't call it stealing, they are trying to get "more then they payed for" from employees.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Neither?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This thread is one of the most depressing displays of human character I have seen in I don't know when. Corporations are made up of people, considering the character of a lot of people on this thread, supporting the idea of stealing is ok its not too hard to see why corporations appear to be doing their share of 'stealing'. Just take the character and attitude of the OP (and those that have agreed with him) and multiply by the number of people running a corporation and presto.

Getting things working right in this world has to start at home, with character and morals in each and every person.

That so many people see this behavior as ok makes me lose all faith in the human race.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hmm, I agree with both sides, Ive pinched stuff that i know they wont miss, not because im trying to fight the corporates though (I think thats a good cause, but if your going to do it..do it properly)...but just because I fancied it (I throw my hands up lol) I dont think its the crime of the century, and i wouldnt dream of thieving of anyone else, im a generally honest person...but as true as everyone else is saying, if your going to make a habit of it and your trying to justify it..then your kindah in the wrong....and a top tip is...dont broadcast it!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm 38, and um... I just now got into college working on my bachelors degree. Graduated high school in 91. Finally am in college for web/graphic design, 3D design, and video game design and development. Since 16 years old I have worked minimum wage. It was fine for me all these years - thank god for awesome roommates!

Point is, I have never stole from a job. Even when I'd start a new job and have to wait for the first paycheck, I'd not steal. Ever.

I'm still min wage, but I moved to a small town where I have a gorgeous 2 bdrm apt (NO roommates! ^_^) for 300/mth (don't drive so there's a less expense) but I mean, I have a 16 year old son. I've done just fine. We have never lacked anything. Never on government aid or nothing until the last 3 months cuz I have been unemployed and it's just foodstamps to supplement. I'm not even taking unemployment because of the bad rep it gives people. I live off my school stipends I have been getting for 3 quarters now since starting school.

Ya do what you gotta do. Once I get my degree I'm hoping my business will pick up as I work in my field. I'd be SO happy with 11 dollars an hour. To me, that is RICH. Heck, 250 a week is a lot for me. I've never made that much. I've always been flat broke about five to seven days before the next check. That IS how most of the population lives. Check to check, barely getting by - but I have my OWN place for the first time in EVER - and I've NEVER stolen a solitary thing. Never needed to. But yes, I'm tired of check to check. If I can get a job making 300 a week, that'd make me set for a long long time. 500 a week, I'd not know what to do with it to be honest. I'm too used to 25 to 30 hrs a week at 8.25/hr. Well, in 89 when I started working it was 4.50 but you know. It DOES rise.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It is never OK to steal! An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Ya do what you gotta do. Once I get my degree I'm hoping my business will pick up as I work in my field. I'd be SO happy with 11 dollars an hour. To me, that is RICH. Heck, 250 a week is a lot for me. I've never made that much. I've always been flat broke about five to seven days before the next check. That IS how most of the population lives. Check to check, barely getting by - but I have my OWN place for the first time in EVER - and I've NEVER stolen a solitary thing. Never needed to. But yes, I'm tired of check to check. If I can get a job making 300 a week, that'd make me set for a long long time. 500 a week, I'd not know what to do with it to be honest. I'm too used to 25 to 30 hrs a week at 8.25/hr. Well, in 89 when I started working it was 4.50 but you know. It DOES rise.

Gooo♥♥d luck to you.

I never steel from small businesses - only large multibillion corporations

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea

It is never OK to steal! An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

In the land of the blind one eyed is king.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Well you sound like a real piece of crap with a sense of entitlement.

You listed numerous low paid and low skill jobs, why not make something of yourself instead?

Start your own business and see how much you laugh when employees steal from you.

No one forces you to work, you choose to do so for a certain wage.

If you are unhappy with your wage, that is your fault and yours alone.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

I agree with you whole heartedly, which is why I don't pay tips.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Stealing is wrong.

Some things in life really are black and white, and this is one of them.

There's no rationalizing this.Sorry.

And no, to whoever said this, not everybody steals.

“If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. . . . The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son.”~ Rudyard Kipling

edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join