It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by kennvideo

But as Churchill also said (I think it was him anyway) "Let us never forget..."

Don't lose the contextual power that this matter lends to the conspiracy angle, and don't bow down to the extremely efficient and dynamically adaptable DISINFO MACHINE, which rolls out a few pages into a thread like this (having started out as very crude shouts of 'hoax' on page 1).

Sadly, some people will have seen even those pitiful 'hoax' shouts, and obediently moved along, believing there to be nothing to see here.... Fight the Power.

We have to remember which came first here...The FNC Ticker did not come first!
The claim that someone, ONE, saw this tick and posted it on Twitter... A Twitter tweet....
How can I say this? This thread was started regarding the tweet and its timestamp...
I personally believe this is a great hoax JMO...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
First of all, megneverlands, in response to your last post: You still did not address the timestamp discrepancy: the time of your tweet as opposed to the time you saw it. Neither has anyone but one person come forward to provide logical proof or even attempt an explanation (that attempted explanation was that it was cached and the tower delayed in sending it, but even then from what others have said, "Twitter controls it.")

Originally posted by wcitizen
Even if the Op's twitter account had been hacked, the date of the tweet could NOT have been changed.

People who have no understanding of twitter are making false claims with regard to the spurious hacking hypothesis.

Edit to add: Or else they are deliberately posting disinfo.

edit on 9-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

On. Really?

Yes, really.

Can't manipulate tweet timestamps with iPhone or Android?

No.

This might suggest otherwise. In addition, in the past, many post-dating apps have and had security exposures in them that have allowed back dating. Totally within the realm of not only possibility but probability that many do today.

[/url] quote

blog.datatoy.net...

blog.datatoy.net...

Are you kidding me? Datatoy does NOT change the date of a tweet. Did you actually read what this app is?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7766300d7132.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03291b077828.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f65249def0c.png[/atsimg]

Maybe this is just a joke?

No, it's a misunderstanding of how Twitter works. That's the joke.

One of many examples that are probably out there (with app names like Destroy Twitter and the like and many more that may not even have names.). And a toy that probably 1.) won't be around long and 2.) doesn't make either Twitter or iPhone/Android companies too happy.

This happens all the time. None of the companies want you to know about it though, for obvious reasons. Especially in today's age when we're doing things like "running revolutions via Twitter."

Three things.

First, I know what the date on the release of this "toy" is.May 9. (Funny side note: They seem to call this the timeslip toy.)

But it does seem to show that this is possible, eh? The ability is out there. These APIs have holes.

This is speculation.

Prove that it is either possible to post a tweet so that it shows a different date from the actual date ON THE TWEET ON TWITTER.

OR

Prove that once a tweet appears on Twitter you can go into twitter and change that date.

Anything else is unhelpful speculation.

Second, I know that this is just a *yesterday function, but it shows that 1.) the ability is out there and 2.) might explain the timestamp "discrepency." Before tools/toys/widgets like this are released they're tested.

That's nonsense. It does NOT change the date of the tweet.

Third, I can't test this because I don't have an IPhone or an Android.

Exactly. It's empty speculation

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I just tried this supposed hack twice and it did not work for me. Have you tried this yourself to see if it works? Has anyone in this thread successfully used the yesterday hack? If so, please tell us how you got it to work, because following that datatoy advice is not working for me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

As I clearly stated, I can't prove it. I don't have an iPhone or an Android. It appears from the information that I posted and from other information out there for you to look up as you wish that it is.

Maybe the OP or someone with one of these phones can test. But even then, you're missing the point. Please read my explanation at the bottom of page 60.
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I just tried this supposed hack twice and it did not work for me. Have you tried this yourself to see if it works? Has anyone in this thread successfully used the yesterday hack? If so, please tell us how you got it to work, because following that datatoy advice is not working for me.

Do you have an Android or an iPhone? Did you install the app? Or did you merely try to add *yesterday to your tweet?

Also? I sense hostility in some of your posts as to my motives here. I could be wrong. But if that is the case, maybe reading my post in response to FlyinOintment (last post bottom of page 60) might clarify what I am attempting to do here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by megneverlands

Originally posted by Nobama
edit on 7-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Dumb. Can't you see I'm trying to spread some interesting news? Geez. This is why I haven't ever posted before. You guys rip people to shreds.

There are some incredibly unintelligent people on here, and they are all very proud of themselves. You should read my threads on time travel. I was about ready to pull my freaking hair out.

Great post, and don't let a few people bother you.

Think about what kind of people a board like this draws. There are some absolute lunatics on here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm with Lucidity after another night of Fox Prop watching I am done with this thread at least until the OP answers the time issue which she has conveniently failed to mention since it was first brought up back on page 15 I think. Sorry my help only goes so far and watching near 7 hours of FOX news propaganda and the ability of the OP to not answer a very important if not one of the most important questions in this thread leaves me thinkng that this is bogus.

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Do you have an Android or an iPhone? Did you install the app? Or did you merely try to add *yesterday to your tweet?

Also? I sense hostility in some of your posts as to my motives here. I could be wrong. But if that is the case, maybe reading my post in response to FlyinOintment (last post bottom of page 60) might clarify what I am attempting to do here.
Oh no hostility, I like you, Luc! I am just trying to figure out this mystery like everyone else. I do have an android phone, I will try it out from my phone and see what happens.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Okay. I like you too.

What I posted I posted as IF I was a potential debunker to the OP's potential evidence. Debunk it! Please!

But all that keeps sticking in my head is this: This piece of information is WORTHLESS unless it can be proven factual and verifiable beyond the shadow of a doubt. To do that we have to attack it as the people who will not be willing to believe it will.

I WANT it to be true. But we have to 1.) prove that her Twitter was not hacked/changed/manipulated and 2.) find the corroborating evidence to support it.

I've been working both ends. Beginning to feel as though not too many others are though, aside from those who have also been searching for video or screen shots.

Too many people here took the initial "attacks" on the OP to heart and are defending her from the heart. And I'm sure that's she's probably a nice and honest person, but that doesn't matter. What she has here is potentially huge...IF we can prove it's air tight.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This backdate blog is not an app, if it is I am not finding a name or link to that app to try out. My understanding is the datatoy blog is for twitter and not an app, but a supposed manipulation of commands to make posts show up yesterday. Android market does not have a datatoy app.

I am not finding anything in Android Market that even purports to backdate a tweet, of course if someone can find a link for me I will test it out on my phone and share the results.

The 4/28 tweet was made using seesmic for twitter, so I dowloaded that app. It did not work that way either.

edit on Mon, 09 May 2011 09:01:18 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

To Lucidity and others who believe Twitter time/date stamps can be hacked:

I read ATS regularly, but have never joined until now. I have been following this thread carefully for two days now, and created this account for the specific purpose of addressing the "it's possible to hack the time stamp" issue. I have no idea if it can be hacked or not, and I don't care. Here's why -- Assume the time stamp was "hacked" or changed in some way. OK, that means it's all a big hoax. Fine.

One problem though -- For the time stamp to be the product of a hoax, the hoaxer would not only have to "hack" the Twitter server, but also the Google server. You see, it was pointed out many pages back in this very thread that the tweet in question is in the cache. It was posted at the time and date it says it was posted. This fact (that the tweet is legit as far as when it was posted) is indisputable. I find it hard to believe some super-hacker created a phoney Twitter account months ago, posted about phoney day-to-day things regularly, then broke into both the Twitter and Google servers, changed dates and times, inserted a fake cache, then came here and presented themselves rather convincingly as the person they claim to be... all just to play a prank on ATS. Fact-checking is very important. But, regarding the "it's possible to change time stamps on Twitter" thing, this is a non-issue. The tweet was posted at the time it says it was posted in the time stamp. End of story. Continuing down this avenue is pointless and getting a bit silly. Whether it is theoretically possible to change the time stamp is irrelevant because the cache shows that the tweet was posted when it says it was posted. So, that part of the story is legit.

Now, I have no idea if Meg really saw what she says she saw, or if she maybe made a mistake or misread the ticker. But the fact that she did, indeed, post that tweet at the time the time stamp says she posted it, is proven by the cache. To believe otherwise strains the bounds of fact-checking. It's a red herring at this point.

I also would like to second the idea presented by someone else earlier (sorry for not remembering who first mentioned it) that we find out if there was a ticker item about the nuke threat on that day around that time. Seems to me that if that's the best alternative theory about why she would have tweeted what she tweeted that day, then it would behoove us to find an actual vid of THAT statement in the ticker. At least then, there would be some sort of evidence that she made a mistake. It's fascinating to see people who are convinced she is mistaken demand to see the actual ticker stating Osama was dead, but then declare that Meg misread something when none of us know if that "something" she misread ever appeared on the ticker that day at that time.

I'm not saying I completely believe she saw what she says she saw, and I'm not saying I don't believe it. But hearing these same arguments over and over ad nauseum started getting tedious. If you have a theory, find evidence to support it. Then everyone can make up their own minds.

Side note about off-topic posts and repeating the same crap over and over: As someone who has read every post in this thread, I'm begging -BEGGING- my fellow posters -- PLEASE read the whole thing before commenting. It is exasperating reading about the same off-topic video again and again. Also, (and I'll put this in all-caps so maybe everyone will see it before posting about it for the thousandth time) YES, IT DOES REMIND ONE OF THE WAY THE BBC COVERED BUILDING 7 BEFORE IT ACTUALLY COLLAPSED. There, now please quit repeating this same off-topic remark.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I'm with Lucidity after another night of Fox Prop watching I am done with this thread at least until the OP answers the time issue which she has conveniently failed to mention since it was first brought up back on page 15 I think. Sorry my help only goes so far and watching near 7 hours of FOX news propaganda and the ability of the OP to not answer a very important if not one of the most important questions in this thread leaves me thinkng that this is bogus.

Trowa

She has answered it, several times. She says she saw the ticker item between 6:30 and 8:30pm Pacific time. She hasn't addressed why the time stamp shows AM instead of PM, but she has clearly stated that she saw the item between those times. So, we have two time-frames to check out.

If evidence is found on vids from either say 9:30AM-11:30 AM, or 6:30PM-8:30 PM, then it doesn't really matter why the tweet says AM instead of PM. If no evidence is found during either of those time-frames, then this becomes an unsubstantiated, although interesting, story.

Either way, the tweet WAS posted on that day, so there's really no point in grilling her repeatedly about the time "discrepancy." Maybe she is mistaken that she posted in the PM. Or maybe she didn't have a cell signal at the time she tweeted, so the phone uploaded the message when she was in a good cell (she was traveling in Arizona at the time, so it's possible there was spotty reception). Or maybe she is making all of this up -- it doesn't matter.

She gave you a time frame of when she believes she saw the ticker item. The tweet gives you a time frame of when the tweet was possibly posted. So, you now have enough information to research the ticker without continually grilling Meg about why Twitter shows the tweet having been posted in the AM. It is entirely possible that she can't answer the question because the phone uploaded at a later time. So she would have no way of knowing why it says AM. And it doesn't really matter because it is clear that she did post that tweet on the 28th of April.

Assume, for example, that we find the ticker item saying that Osama was killed on the 28th of April. And we get a signed affidavit from Rupert Murdock himself that the ticker did in fact say that on that date. Would it really amtter at that time whether she posted in the AM or PM? you're getting caught up in the investigaion, and losing sight of what the real question is -- did FOX announce Osama's death on the 28th of April? THAT's the question, and we have enough information to investigate that question without interrogating Meg about something that she may not have an answer for and is irrelevant to the real question at hand.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hmm... I'm skeptical....

(particularly because you have to become a follower to read the tweet)

What if the poster has said originally Fox news said x about the royal wedding - on the 28th - and then went back and edited it to say they said it about OBL instead after the news he was killed - wouldn't that still keep the same time stamp?

In any case without any secondary confirmation (another witness who posted it on twitter or elsewhere that day) not useful information unfortunately.

Sooo - can it be edited for content later without changing the date stamp? Any power twitter users know?

edit on 9-5-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthmagnet
Hmm... I'm skeptical....

(particularly because you have to become a follower to read the tweet)

What if the poster has said originally Fox news said x about the royal wedding - on the 28th - and then went back and edited it to say they said it about OBL instead after the news he was killed - wouldn't that still keep the same time stamp?

In any case without any secondary confirmation (another witness who posted it on twitter or elsewhere that day) not useful information unfortunately.

Sooo - can it be edited for content later without changing the date stamp? Any power twitter users know?

edit on 9-5-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

Again -- the Cache shows THAT tweet, with THOSE words, on THAT day.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Okay so if her phone uploaded at a later time then shouldn't the post be from after the 6:30 - 9;00 time frame instead of 7 1/2 to 9 hours before?

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i seen this on fox news. the royal wedding was underway inside the chapel when it came up thats why there was no commentary on it. It used the OBL shortened version of his name too on the ticker. Just thought it odd and was put up by mistake when it wasn't followed up.

very often see news going up on text forms and when I go to find more on it later can never find anything on it.

i watch a lot of news coverage but kinda put most of it in the trashcan in my head because so much is propoganda. There was other stuff I had seen from inside the whitehouse I was suprised it was not been dicussed on here. It was on a few nights after the kill and showed footage inside the whitehouse from after the kill. It showed Obama shaking hands and even hugging people. It also showed Biden on the phone telling someone they had killed Bin Laden. He seemed very uncomfortable on the phone and looked almost as if he wasn't talking to anyone.It wasn't in the room where the picture of them watching was. It was another area. Anyone else see this footage. Can't find it on youtube. I was only half watching it at the time and made a point that I must go back and watch it again but I can't find it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I don't know, but what I do know is that the tweet was posted on the 28th. That is pretty incontrovertible. So, why are we worrying about the possible time discrepancy when we could be investigating the real story. I don't care whether Meg is a liar or the epitome of honesty. Either way, she DID post that tweet on that day. What I'm wondering is whether the ticker announced Osama's death earlier than the gov't said it happened. Isn that the more productive avenue of investigation? Either the ticker said it, or it didn't. THAT's what I'm interested in.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by noseeum

Yes I am as well but regardless this is a bothersome question to me. However I'm sure I will be searching some more, sadly against my better judgement.

Thank You for your responses

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by noseeum

I think there's every possibility that she did post it that day. The thing is, when you march forth pointing the finger at this tweet as "proof" you are going to be challenged in a debate. Can you back it up when some technogeek (which again, I am not) comes and shows you how this can be done?

In addition, wonderful, foolproof, tamperproff Twitter (according to some) somehow put the wrong time on her post? It's showing that she posted it at 10:43 AM her time (US PT), which does not correlate to the times she stated in this thread.. Can someone explain that?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thanks for trying. Like I said, I can only go by what it sounds like and can't test a thing myself. All I want to do is prove that there's nothing out there that can change a date. That way we have a solid defense in our back pocket when people start to tear this piece of evidence apart.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join