It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by noseeum
BTW- sorry for the tone of my posts. I was getting irritated at constantly re-reading the off-topic remarks, so my irritation probably came through in my posts. After over 60 pages of posts, many of which are completely off-topic, I was pulling my hair out. Lucidity and Trowa are two who have kept on-topic through this whole thing .Thanks for that, from a reader who literally read every post.

No need to apologize we just want the truth my friend it is very easy to get off the rails in here so....

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good job there AshleyD! I agree that the date was probably changed so they could say they complied with the whole 24-hr thing. You ARE a SUPERMOD!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton I can see no explanation for this other than her account being hacked/ tampered or she flat out lied about the time.

The reason you can see no other explanation is because it's not in your belief system that Obama and the U.S. government could be lying, or that Fox News and the rest of the MSM are just the propaganda branch of TPTB.

Here's an explanation you should be able to see.

Meg and her grandmother saw a ticker on Fox News that announced OBL was killed on Apr. 28th.

She tweeted what she saw.

Fox News actually posted that ticker because it was what somebody had "learned" from sources inside the White House.

The White House was lying about the whole thing and decided to "announce" it Sunday night for maximum political impact.

Seriously -do you think it's more likely that some random girl from Arizona is going to hack twitter, or that Obama is going to lie for maximum political impact? Simple question. Which do you think is more probable?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Good job there Web Pirate!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by noseeum

Thanks. Sorry if I'm feeling a bit misunderstood and picked on. Sometimes I just assume everyone knows the reasons we are hear and we care about this, you know? Then it takes me aback when it's so clear they do not.

I think it's very important that if this is to become a smoking gun we prove (for her, if that's how anyone cares to look at it) that this is not a hoax or something that was tampered with with or without her knowledge.

Because people who are out there denying the fact that it's possible OBL was killed the week before or that the press knew about it will have to defend that and are ridiculing those who do (with good reason), are going to scrutinize this.

You get it. It's disappointing to me that so many others do not.

1. Nothing is tamperproof. Even if we can't prove it was tampered with, someone else may. And then her tweet is worthless.

2. Proving that it was or was not tampered with (doesn't matter by whom) isn't even the key issue. It's just one of them. Without the corroborating evidence of the ticker, this means nothing and then she's and we are back to number 1.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MindF

Wow you obviously do no tknow me at all. If you did then you would know that I believe about 5% of what the government says.

So to answer your question. Obama.

My only issue with he tweet is the time stamp that's all. I believe the tweet is genuine but I do not understand the time being 9 hours earlier. When I said she lied I meant about when she claims to have seen the ticker. and a s far as hacking its not as hard as a lot of you think and if her account was hacked it doesn't mean she did it.

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: double sig

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthmagnet
Hmm... I'm skeptical....

In any case without any secondary confirmation (another witness who posted it on twitter or elsewhere that day) not useful information unfortunately.

Sooo - can it be edited for content later without changing the date stamp? Any power twitter users know?

edit on 9-5-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

Ok, so you're more skeptical about a random girl named Meg tweeting while watching the Royal Wedding than you are about Obama and the U.S. administration lying about the entire OBL story to maximize political gain.

Neither the content nor the date stamp can be changed or hacked easily, if at all.

And use some brain power here dude...

If twitter COULD be hacked Meg sure as hell doesn't know how to do it, and has no reason to. Why? Just to post something here for a few hundred people to flag on ATS?

Seriously. If you can hack twitter there are a lot more powerful things you could do than waste time on the OBL story.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindF

Meg and her grandmother saw a ticker on Fox News that announced OBL was killed on Apr. 28th.

She tweeted what she saw.

Fox News actually posted that ticker because it was what somebody had "learned" from sources inside the White House.

The White House was lying about the whole thing and decided to "announce" it Sunday night for maximum political impact.

Absolutely not...

I am a former Radio General Manager...

You want the most mileage out of this if's all cooked by the WH?

Obama goes on Friday afternoon... AND IT DOMINATES THE WEEKEND NEWS SHOWS.... Meet The Press, Fox Sunday, Face The Nation.... just name all of them.... EVERYTHING ON AIR AND ON CABLE....

Now that's how you would do it....
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: cut some of the quote not important

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
reply to post by MindF

Wow you obviously do no tknow me at all. If you did then you would know that I believe about 5% of what the government says.

So to answer your question. Obama. My only discrepancy with her tweet is the time stamp.

There is no discrepancy with the time stamp.

The cached page shows the post was made Apr. 28th.

However there are many discrepancies with Obama's story. Did you watch 60 Minutes last night?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindF

Originally posted by TrowaBarton I can see no explanation for this other than her account being hacked/ tampered or she flat out lied about the time.

The reason you can see no other explanation is because it's not in your belief system that Obama and the U.S. government could be lying, or that Fox News and the rest of the MSM are just the propaganda branch of TPTB.

1. Meg and her grandmother saw a ticker on Fox News that announced OBL was killed on Apr. 28th.

2. She tweeted what she saw.

3. Fox News actually posted that ticker because it was what somebody had "learned" from sources inside the White House.

4. The White House was lying about the whole thing and decided to "announce" it Sunday night for maximum political impact.

Seriously -do you think it's more likely that some random girl from Arizona is going to hack twitter, or that Obama is going to lie for maximum political impact? Simple question. Which do you think is more probable?

Now you're throwing the same ludicrous accusation at Trow as you threw at me? You, bro, are dangerous to and an impediment to the truth movement.

Back up numbers 1-4 above for us please. With facts. Right here. Right now. Come on. Do it. Because when you run around keyboard commando-ing these assumptions, assertions and allegations, you will be challenged. So let's do a test run.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MindF

No discrepancy in the timestamp? Yet again proving you are NOT following this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
reply to post by noseeum

Just playing Devils advocate with this post

well her twitter followers have doubled since the other night and she has made claims about having a blog and her Twitter sig is a Writer/journalist...who probably travels too much. So she may very well be trying to direct attention from twitter to her blog or perhaps just hoaxing us for an article?

I did find it funny how selective her answers were and how she did play up the victim card. "Everyone here's so mean". " I don't think I'm going to post here again". For someone who claims to be a journalist she's got the thinnest skin I've ever seen and doesn't handle criticism or take the time to answer all the questions posed to her.

If you want to go that way theirs a nice direction on it.

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

YES! See, it's these kinds of things that are bothering me about this. I want to believe, but then some seemingly small thing niggles at the back of my mind, so I throw up my hands and say, "I don't know." So, she could receive some benefit from this, but is it enough of a benefit to justify cracking Google and Twitter? Not in my opinion. That being said, it could be that she was mistaken about the ticker and either isn't aware of it, or refuses to admit it.

I understand her getting a bit scared and insulted by some of the things said here, but at the same time, she did say she wanted us to be tough and get tot he bottom of this. Maybe she didn't anticipate it being so difficult. And honestly, some here were very rude to her. And whether intentional or not, the "doxing" comment was out of line. No offense to anyone here, but it was, and could easily be seen as threatening to someone who didn't know what doxing is.

But, she did ask us to vet the story, and seemed prepared to answer to any questions or problemswhich may come up. Then she seems to have changed her mind. She has her reasons, I'm sure, but I think this story can be investigated without her input at this point anyway.

Obviously, no one can find the death announcement in any vids from that day. The next question is whether anyone can find the nuke story in the ticker from that day. Yep- more watching of FOX is necessary. Hey- no one ever said being a detective was fun lol.

If the nuke story appears on the ticker that day, around those times, the story can be laid to rest as a likely mistake. But, if it's not there, and the death announcement isn't there either, that's a whole other can of worms. And if no one can find the ticker around the relevant time frames, that's pretty suspicious too. So, there's plenty of investigating left to do, that doesn't require Meg's input.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MindF

Yes Obama lied I watched 60 last night. And yes Barry is full of shi^e

And she said she saw the ticker between 6:30pm to 8:00pm that night of the 28th yet her post is from 10:43 am that morning ......................so yes there is a discrepancy

How many times do I have to repeat this

P.S I edited my above post please re -read it.

Thank you

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Odd, I went to confirm the cached page, and Google is telling me there is NO cached page for megneverlands twitter account. At least on Twitter. There IS a cached page on twitpic.com, though I have no idea what that is, and it is cached on the 19th of March. It does show our OPs tweets though, so...???

As for your questions, honestly, I'm not sure I understand them. But, unless someone else can confirm the Google cache page, they don't really matter because this may not be evidence after all.

PS: Just a note, I don't have an awful lot of experience with twitter and cached pages, so maybe I didn't search the right thing? Still odd it is not cached from the actual Twitter site though.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think we should be ignoring the people who only want to get in the way, because, as long as they keep getting replied to, they're doing exactly what that want to be doing...getting in the way.
For instance, in the middle of this mess, has anyone seen my actual on-topic post on the previous page about how Twitter might be hacked? Because, if we choose to follow the distractions rather than the task at hand, where does that get us?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

I wasn't at all suggesting that she misread it! I think the ticker most likely did display a contradiction. I find it very interesting.

My point was that it seems to me that snippets from all sorts of alternative drafts of the original fictional tale have been leaking out all over the place right from the start and trying to reconcile them might not be getting to the truth at all. Right from the start it's resembled a scene from the movie Wag the Dog.

They're trying to edit their storyline after they've already aired the first couple of episodes. They may not be sure where they're going with this.

Anybody remember the howler at the end of that season of Dallas years ago? When they'd killed Bobby and then later the writers wished they hadn't so in the end they made the entire season of Bobby Dead somebody's bad dream?

Writers do this sort of thing all the time, and for entertainment purposes it's fine. I just get a bit wary when I see what looks like the results of writers' creative brainstorming sessions getting presented as fact.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

If the cache is truly gone it may be because she changed her security setting to a higher level of privacy after this thread started, when she got concerned that someone had her information.

I'm not sure how Google cache works in relation to the privacy settings on things like Twitter and FaceBook, but from what I've observed, they do not cache things that are marked private, which, I believe, as it turns out was there for everyone to see because she tweeted it herself.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Okay guys, I've just discovered something important. On the tweet, I right clicked on "Apr 28" and pressed "Open Link in New Tab". This was the link I found:

twitter.com...#!/megneverlands/status/63659618995408896

I clicked on the tweets before and after that, and I got 63647216052604928 and 63734156852592641 respectively, meaning that these numbers are in sequential order. If we can find out what time 63659618995408896 occurred, we might be able to narrow down the time at when this tweet was posted, and thus, greatly narrow down the search for the FOX News Ticker.
edit on 5/7/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor spacing error

Hi Sonic -

I don't know anything about twitter really.

Did anyone ever ask twitter to confirm timestamps around 63659618995408896 or system numbers around the same time?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by MindF

No discrepancy in the timestamp? Yet again proving you are NOT following this thread.

Just leave it alone..... you are banging your head against the wall my friend...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Precisely my good man. We should not be feeding the animals at this time. I'm off to watch more FOX Prop I'm going to get to the bottom of this if it kills me.

I will look for any tickers pertaining to Mr. Bin Laden, Nukes, terrorist etc.

Good luck and happy hunting to everyone else searching

Trowa

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join