It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

She changed her privacy settings last night or this morning, the Google cache was supposedly from the 30th. It would still, I think, show up in cache because the account wasn't private when it was cached. Or maybe not, I'm not entirely sure how Google cache and Twitter work alongside each other.

But, I would be quite certain that the cache page shows whatever was on that website on the day it was cached, and would not show any subsequent changes after the page was cached. It's basically a snapshot in time of that page, and shouldn't change until they cache it again.

I'm baffled now though, since I can't confirm if that cache is real or if it was just a screenshot. I still think it's real, but no way to verify it I guess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I've missed the last 20 pages of the thread, so I don't know if it's been mentioned in that time, but there is a rather simple way to interact with Twitter's code, and that's to use Userscript. It rewrites (or, perhaps more accurately, overwrites) the _javascript of the Twitter page and allows you to control how it operates. The thing is, though, is only works on your own computer, and it shouldn't interfere with processes that aren't pure _javascript code, like the date, of the post, which involves communication with the server. Even if Userscript could be used to overwrite the date output, it wouldn't extend to any computer other than the one the "hacker" is using...everyone else would still see the correct date.

However... if there's any possible way to crack the Twitter dating system, I would imagine this would be the place to start. IF Userscript (or some similar process) could be used to overwrite the dating process, and IF it could do so prior to Twitter's communication with the server to assign the date, and IF it could do so in such a way to confuse the server into giving a completely ridiculous date (in this case, 4 days earlier), and IF it could do so without being seen in the source code of the page, then I would say it could be done.
I must say, though, it would take some skill, and, personally, I'm not aware of how it could be done...but, then, I'm not someone who spends his time cracking systems and then hacking them for some internet conspiracy thrills.

Thanks. From everything I've read about this online (most of it technospeak I didn't entirely understand, but I got the gist), it's happened in the past. More than once. People (hackers, creative API writers, what have you, plain old programmers looking for an easier way to use an API or do something) uncover holes and they plug them. With the deluge of apps on the market today and open source, I can easily see things slipping by on both ends and envision tons of scenarios where it happens. This isn't something that they love publicized but it's a fact of life in the online world, and most of the time, technogroups (or any and all of the group I just listed) uncover it for them and do publicize it to a degree.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
An entire board of details conspiracy theorists, and there is NO ONE who records and keeps the news?

Really? None of us even know someone who does that? I used to know people like that. I don't anymore. No one knows someone who records news channels of interest and keeps them for a while?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Thanks for the clarification that there was an Apr 30 timestamp on that screenshot of the Google cache.

She changed it within an hour or so of this post yesterday morning.

reply to post by megneverlands

posted on 5/8/2011 @ 10:13 AM

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I wish I was still in Computer Programming in university, 'cause I'd ask the professor. A friend of mine is pretty adept at programming, though... maybe I should see if he can narrow down the possibilities of how this could, now, be done. The only problem is, he's not on Twitter, and I don't know if he even cares how it works (I've at least got a working knowledge of it, even though I'm not on it either).
edit on 9-5-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Can one of the people with a Twitter account go to the Twitter security, and ask them them to check the time stamp and date on that system ID, and the system IDS around it?

twitter.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Perhaps an SOS thread in the members section?

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Can one of the people with a Twitter account go to the Twitter security, and ask them them to check the time stamp and date on that system ID, and the system IDS around it?

twitter.com...

I'm on it although I do not know how serious they are going to take me I just made an account this morning to try and friend/follow Megan

Trowa

edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Maybe some research by you or some friends who understand what some of what I saw out there means? There are actually some technical forums on the Android and iPhone sites as well as on some other open source sites that are discussing APIs and security exposures and the like.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand what you're getting at now! Thanks for explaining. And you may very well be right. That's why I read these forum discussions- to get the perspectives of other people (like you) who are good critical thinkers and often have expertise in areas I'm not familiar with myself. I learn a lot from ATS forums.

I guess you'll have to put me into the camp of the big nefarious lie conspiracy theorists. Even before all of this happened I was inclined to believe that bin Laden died of natural causes quite some time ago, and that he'd been somewhat a media/political creation, to some extent, right from the start. I remember the Time magazine cover stories with his picture bearing "The Face of Evil" caption on it right after 9/11. Now you simply cannot put a single face on something as complex as Muslim Extremism. It's not a cult of personality movement centered entirely around some evil genius with near superhuman powers. But the American public was encouraged to see it as that- it was the only way to justify the subsequent military action. There was no country or defined government to declare war on- so we just seemed to go over there on this "kill bin Laden" mission, which has led all over the place- the search goes wherever they want it to go.

And the only way they can get out of it is to declare bin Laden dead. Now the Obama administration can declare "victory" and deploy those troops someplace else. The apparent backing up of the story by foreign sources could be just a case of -- what are they going to say? The American president is a liar? They'd sound like---- conspiracy theorists or something.

The little lies could explode the big lie, as you said.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Two requests in for members who record news channels in the Members section.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Left picture big to include time/date in bottom right hand side.

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by wcitizen

As I clearly stated, I can't prove it. I don't have an iPhone or an Android. It appears from the information that I posted and from other information out there for you to look up as you wish that it is.

Maybe the OP or someone with one of these phones can test. But even then, you're missing the point. Please read my explanation at the bottom of page 60.
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

I don''t think I am missing the point. You said that it was possible to change the date on a tweet. You posted some links to support that argument, but those are links to a programme which clearly cannot change/fake the date at all. That was the point I was making.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did anyone see that the original tweet was retweeted????

i263.photobucket.com...

and many others with the April 28 date...

dawnofthegeek.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: add link

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

i263.photobucket.com...

Random other people hack their accounts too. Clearly.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Last I checked, it had been retweeted by 34 people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

i263.photobucket.com...

Hey, re read, I added another link...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
From right now. How far does twitter let you go back? Also this girl talks to Megean on her page a bit it seems

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add question

edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

i263.photobucket.com...

Wbat do you mean?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

i263.photobucket.com...

and many others with the April 28 date...

dawnofthegeek.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: add link

Another link and you can click on the links within the tweets...

www.google.co.uk...=The+Fox+News+ticker+is+saying+Osama+bin+Laden+is+dead&hl=en&prmd=ivnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=mbl&ei=zezGTc6xIoSYhQeH39z3Aw&sa=X& oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQ_AUoCQ&prmdo=1&fp=1&cad=b

another link:

femalefaust.blogspot.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: another link:

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join