It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Lost_Mind

I just don't understand how threads like this are worth anything more than a quick glance, errr maybe I'm just abit grumpy from work.

ALS

I think the thread was so incredibly bad that people went off topic almost immediately, but the off topic stuff was actually halfway interesting at times to get into...philosophical stuff.

It was the skeptics who joined in and deliberately went off topic, ruining the thread with childish attacks character assassinations on the OP because they do not like the idea of skeptics turning into believers.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666

It was the skeptics who joined in and deliberately went off topic, ruining the thread with childish attacks character assassinations on the OP because they do not like the idea of skeptics turning into believers.

I disagree...I have seen MANY attacking threads in my day, and this was absolutely not one of them.

The thread was simply lacking substance and depth. That made it very easy for derailment of any type at all. Even the on-topic content seemed off-topic.
edit on 6-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ive not ventured into this thread yet too much osama chat going on.

I've not read through it but can we have an IP check on the OP or has one been done?. Seems like a sock account to me.
edit on 6-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

I disagree...I have seen MANY attacking threads in my day, and this was absolutely not one of them.

The thread was simply lacking substance and depth. That made it very easy for derailment of any type at all. Even the on-topic content seemed off-topic.

There is a simple way of judging threads which is by flagging. I believe the OP's thread was hijacked merely because the skeptics did not like what he wrote. In my opinion, the OP's thread was on topic because it was about UFOs.

This is what puts people off from starting threads and its the threads that keeps this forum going and gives us something to read and learn and even pass the time. I have to say the vast majority of threads have been a jolly good read.

If you like or agree with a thread then flag it, if not then don't.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
ive not ventured into this thread yet too much osama chat going on.

I've not read through it but can we have an IP check on the OP or has one been done?. Seems like a sock account to me.

So you've not read through the thread meaning you don't know what it is about but you want an IP check done on the OP?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

When the OP was asked to expand upon his epiphany he told everyone to go pound sand. This thread is the result of that attitude...he set the tempo here...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

When the OP was asked to expand upon his epiphany he told everyone to go pound sand. This thread is the result of that attitude...he set the tempo here...

If you check page 1 of this thread, you'll see the second post, was an attack on the OP which was uncalled for.

It was more a case of the OP not appreciating the attacks and rightfully so.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

i read the OP and saw his registration date.

its a conspiracy website. trust no one

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I saw it.

The second post is this:

Since there is no proof, a story, or evidence to back anything up, I believe this should not be in the Alien/UFO forum...might just be me, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

But you see that as an attack, I do not. SARCASTIC maybe, but a little caustic is not the same as an attack, unless you're over-sensitive.

Let's examine it for a minute.

Since there is no proof

This is true, speculative evidence, but no proof, so it's true.

a story

This is true too, no STORY, unless you consider someone claiming that they are now a believer their story, then I guess it could be argued.

I believe this should not be in the Alien/UFO

His/Her opinion.

might just be me, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

The sarcasm, thinly veiled gratitude as it were, the sarcasm is apparent. BUT, that does not = attack.

So where is the attack precisely?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I saw it.

The second post is this:

Since there is no proof, a story, or evidence to back anything up, I believe this should not be in the Alien/UFO forum...might just be me, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

But you see that as an attack, I do not. SARCASTIC maybe, but a little caustic is not the same as an attack, unless you're over-sensitive.

Let's examine it for a minute.

Since there is no proof

This is true, speculative evidence, but no proof, so it's true.

a story

This is true too, no STORY, unless you consider someone claiming that they are now a believer their story, then I guess it could be argued.

I believe this should not be in the Alien/UFO

His/Her opinion.

might just be me, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

The sarcasm, thinly veiled gratitude as it were, the sarcasm is apparent. BUT, that does not = attack.

So where is the attack precisely?

Its an attack because the post suggested the OP was a liar. There was no need for the comment. As explained above, if you don't like the thread then don't flag it and move onto the next one. If I called you a liar, you would not like it.

Then the OP endured a barrage of similar posts which was bullying.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No. He was NOT calling the OP a liar. He was basically saying "whats the big deal?" That not the same as saying "BS".

And barrage? Please. Let's not be overly dramatic about the scope of the situation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No. He was NOT calling the OP a liar. He was basically saying "whats the big deal?" That not the same as saying "BS".

And barrage? Please. Let's not be overly dramatic about the scope of the situation.

Hang on a minute.

The OP gives his reasons for becoming a believer but then he is accused of having no proof or evidence, which is suggesting he is a liar.

And no, barrage is not overly dramatic because there are 11 pages filled with attacks against the OP and his thread.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Stop.

The "no evidence" part, isn't stating that he has "no evidence of his claim", it's a statement that there is no evidence of otherworldly sentient beings. We all need to step down a little, and read things a few times before making broad stroke accusations if we're going to have any measure of credibility.

With that said, it's not accusing anyone of lying, it's accusing the world at large of not being able to procure evidence of something the OP now believes in. THAT, is absolutely a skeptic's RIGHT, not an attack.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Pretty astounding leap to go from self-described skeptic to a believer talking about FTL and symbiotic engine techs...So I ask you, OP, to please expand upon your epiphany so we can better understand your transformation. Also, could you please explain symbiotic engine technology to me?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If you check page 1 of this thread, you'll see the second post, was an attack on the OP which was uncalled for.

It was more a case of the OP not appreciating the attacks and rightfully so.

What makes you think the member who authored that response, Chrisfishenstein, is a skeptic and not someone simply critical of the way the OP's approach, a believer like yourself?

Your referencing of that post demonstrates that you see any criticism and disagreement as an "attack" and "character assassination". You employ these tactics in order to distract from points you do not like.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Its an attack because the post suggested the OP was a liar. There was no need for the comment. As explained above, if you don't like the thread then don't flag it and move onto the next one. If I called you a liar, you would not like it.

What Dastardly is saying is that he does not want disagreement and that it should not be allowed.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

What Dastardly is saying is that he does not want disagreement and that it should not be allowed.

Furthermore...

MOST people in this site lie and cheat for atention.

It's simply ATS. Send a magnet nutter out, and you'll attrach nutters

Thats life!

Those that know, know
edit on 6-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic
MOST people in this site lie and cheat for atention.

It's simply ATS. Send a magnet nutter out, and you'll attrach nutters

Not that this is unique to ATS or even the internet...

At the same time, we should not assume (and I do not think anyone is, despite Dastardly's claims in attempt to distract from points made) that the OP is lying, or anyone for that matter, unless they show themselves to be a liar.
edit on 7-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have always believed in ufo's, well since I can remember. Not the little green men from the planet zog but you get the drift.

I dont know when it started but I have seen a few things before that I couldnt explain.. Proabably nothing though. I also dream about them a lot, i often get dreams that seem the same and have had them ever since I was young. Lots of ufos flying in the sky, sometimes they are hostile, other times they are not. I even went in one once in a dream! It wasnt that pleasant, though.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join