It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Excellent post - there you go "Xcan" straight from the horses mouth...no riot, just a party.
edit on 2-5-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OldCorp

And Obama appologized for getting involed in that because he was wrong when he did. Thanks for briunging that up though, I wa slooking for an example as to why the President should stay out of local issues like that incidnt, and the op incident.

link   
reply to post by coldkidc

reply to post by ofhumandescent

especially when TCOTBIP are past masters in the use of conflict as a path to power.

the use of force/violence is only morally justified in self defense

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by freedom12

Excellent post - there you go "Xcan" straight from the horses mouth...no riot, just a party.

My best friends brothers sister who knows this guy whos going with this girl has a relative in Hong Kong who owns an IHOP in Cali who employs this guy who attented WIU 14 years ago says it was a riot.

Right from the horsdes best friends cow who knows this chicken who talked to this bird who knows a duck..

So it must be true.

The video disagrees with his comment...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

As I said in toher threads.. When you 3 learn how our system here works, then you can partake in these debates and not sound like a complete uneducated person on the topic.

When I asked if you knew what the definition of a riot was, I was not refering to the dictionary. If you were familiar with our system you would know this.

Assembly of 3 or more people who engage in activity that incites others.

With the amount you guys defend Hamas killing a 16year old, I would think you would not the difference.

First of all it's not our system. It's the Corporate Military Dictatorships Codes placed into existence post civil war, by an Emergency War Time Government.

That you would like to include me in it is touching, but hey, that's a missery loves company thing, that proto is not down with.

There has not been one constitutional law passed in the United States since 1861.

Not only do you not have a clue about the constructs of the justice system, you don't have a clue on how to control or manage a situation with out the excessive use of force.

Believe me when I say, if I had been arrested at that party, I would suceed in having the court compensate me for my time and inconvenience and aggravation.

No laws were broken that required the excessive use of force.

None, zero, zip

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by coldkidc

reply to post by ofhumandescent

especially when TCOTBIP are past masters in the use of conflict as a path to power.

the use of force/violence is only morally justified in self defense

The cps were acting in self defense. As they moved down the road, the people refused to disperse, bottle were thrown..

They arent allowed to defend themselves?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil
hmmm...I agree the police reaction was probably way OTT for a block party but going purely on that video, the first thing I noticed apart from the aggressive police stance, was the kid at 3:25 literally running and launching himself at a police officer and taking him to the ground?

To summarize, I believe 50/50 blame can be apportioned here even if only for 1 idiot student's actions.

Watch it again. He was running FROM the police, and he was tackled by the cop, not the other way around.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What was the cop telling him to do?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Wonder why that info is not in the OP.

It was. You just weren't paying attention.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Soon we will have our guns confiscated

Over MY DEAD BODY (and the bodies of as many that try to take them as I can take with me. Trust me, I'm an EXCELLENT marksman.)

How much more of this tyranny are the rest of you ready to take?

Not a whole lot more.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

1 video out of a whole crap load that show a completely different story than what was being portrayed. And again, people are so intrested in "justice" they demand I show the other videos. I do, they are ignored because, again they dont support the op view point, or those views of the people who look for any reason to hate the government.

If your coplaint is legitimate, im with ya, and there are enough threads dealing with law enforcement wher I have sided against them. In this case, the students should have dispersed, they should not have thrown bottles, or set stuff on fire. The cops told the people to disperse. The ones who remained behind are the idiots.

In one of the videos, you canhear the cops on the loud speakers, telling the people to disperse.

They had ample warning to move out of the area.

link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

1 video out of a whole crap load that show a completely different story than what was being portrayed. And again, people are so intrested in "justice" they demand I show the other videos. I do, they are ignored because, again they dont support the op view point, or those views of the people who look for any reason to hate the government.

If your coplaint is legitimate, im with ya, and there are enough threads dealing with law enforcement wher I have sided against them. In this case, the students should have dispersed, they should not have thrown bottles, or set stuff on fire. The cops told the people to disperse. The ones who remained behind are the idiots.

In one of the videos, you canhear the cops on the loud speakers, telling the people to disperse.

They had ample warning to move out of the area.

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

WHy Hamas and PRessTV let you go as their spokesperson is beyond me.. I really feel like they are missing an experienced BS artist by your departure. I am amazed you and the others are defending Bin Laden..

What the hell are you talking about?

Dude go lift your leg and spray elsewhere, you're ruining a true conversation of the state of our country by posting off topic bs

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

This is what I am talking about.. Exactly where do these students get the gumption to think their behavior is acceptable? Not all of the houses are student housing, and not all of the students attended the party.

The party got out of control, the police arrived, and it continued to go down hill..

Its irrelevant if they have had the party one year prior, or 200 years prior. Its not an excuse to act in the manner they did.

Also, your "rights" only go as far until they start to interfere with the rights of others. Namely the people who arent students who had their peace disturbed, the blocking of the roads, the debris, thrown items etc etc etc.

The bahavior is not acceptable. The collge students are adults, and should act like one.

They're college students, far from being the responsible adults you accuse them of not being. They are wild & free for 4 years or more. I've been to many a college in my time visiting friends/family and PARTYING! Woot, college kids really have the best parties. I recommended them to everyone

Well from what an earlier poster wrote,

There's another thread on this , but as I used to live on Wheeler St. ,I'll reply on this thread also. The "wheeler st" block party, is just that. It's a one block party that is held every year. It's not anywhere near where non-students live. The students pick up the trash the next morning. Kegger's are held all the time on that street and others throughout the school year. In fact, the house I lived in. me and my roomies had a kegger usually every weekend and sometimes more, complete with a jello-wrestling pit in the backyard.(used on warmer days)

I promise you this, those who are on cam shown throwing a bottle at the police will be arrested this week.

That said, from what I'm learning this an annual event. How long has this event gone on? In the past, has it gotten out of hand that police needed to be called to clean up? Was the block party unlawful, being there were no permits or permission to be given? Was there a time that it was to be over? Really the questions can go on.

It does look scary if your the cop and all you're doing is watching drunk college kids burn garbage and street signs, but another question must be asked, were these kids getting out of control to the point where riot police, sheriffs, state police, local police, SWAT, mace, dogs , sound tech, etc, marching in formation creating a wall imposing their wills on them, was all of this needed? Was any warning given?These police were coming down very hard on these college kids, so was their authority warranted? Were these kids becoming a threat not only to themselves, but others, perhaps the whole neighborhood? Could the police have chooses another, more peaceful solution (like hitting the sirens and announcing on their megaphones to stop burning bikes, garbage, and a stop sign)? College kids have huge parties all the time, and usually these parties are in college neighborhoods. So are police nationwide supposed to stake out any and all college parties?

Basically, are the officers actions warranted and did they give these kids fair warning?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: I liek to edit. so what, u wanna fite about it?

extra DIV

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Now you're just sounding ridiculous,,,

You know it's a lost cause but for some reason you keep trying to spin this like the cops were justified in having that violent of a response.

Anybody with eyes can see that the way they responded was completely unnecessary.

That's why the entire thread disagrees with you - because they are rational and have eyes to see

Admitting your wrong doesn't make you less of a man but I'm pretty sure your ego NEVER lets that happen huh?

(this was a response to your "self defense" statement...just to clarify)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Just like the other videos that show the reason for the cops actions was not included. They were right next to the youtube OP video. I ahve to wonder if he simply overlooked them, or decided not toi post them because it painted a clearer picture to justiofy law enforcement action?

You can clearly hear the cops ordering the students to stop and disperse the area. The students knew what was coming, and the idiots remained behind to test the cops.

Also, to those talking about rights. where do your rights end when they infringe on others?

Not all of the peolpe in the neighborhood are students. Not all of the students who live in the neighborhood went to the party. Its a residential area, the block party go out of control because a few acted like morons.

Yet instead of holding the students who caused the police repsonse accountible, you go after the cops.

For people who are so determined to hold the Government accountible, you sure lack that ability when it comes to non government people.

Double standard much, or going after personal accountibility doesnt support your argument against government action?

Its always seems to be someone else fault...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have watched the increase of rights violations and the rise of the police state.
I have imagined events like this to occur soon, but I am left speechless...

"I'm a human-being god dam it! My life has value! I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!!"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well in every video so far, and every firsthand account, it only got out of control when the police started pounding their chests and making asses out of themselves. College kids party all the time, so what? They work hard trying to make the grade, nothnig wrong with letting off some steam.

As for the damn fascists... According the their definition of riot, a protest that you didn't kiss the right ass, and fill out the right paperwork to have is a riot.

edit on Mon, 02 May 2011 22:24:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Same old sh1t, different day........evidence is right there,folk.....but are we going to do something about it ? NO I dont think so.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Your videos do not show a riot...they show a block party.
Did anyone say that local residents were complaining?
This wasn't an impromptu get together - It's an annual tradition and I wouldn't be surprised if its gotten crazier than this before.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join