It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

www.youtube.com

Reports coming from MaComb Saturday night say police are overtaking the streets as riots broke out on and around the Western Illinois campus.

Witnesses are posting pictures on facebook like these, showing dozens of police around Wheeler Street.

A spokesperson from the McDonough County Sheriff's department says authorities from several agencies started breaking up riots around 6:00 p.m. Saturday, due to the Wheeler Block party.

That's a yearly party held on Wheeler Street, that many Western...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.centralillinoisnewscent er.com

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
YT video and link to this story covered by the local news provided.

Police state America in action. They pulled out the big boys for this one - riot gear, swat, sound cannons, tear gas - some real no holds barred stuff.

This is an annual party that they knew was going to happen - probably a lot like the block parties at any number of other colleges. The only difference is that they decided to crash it in a really big way...no megaphone...no flashing lights to try & disperse everyone.

Nope - instead they intimidated bystanders and tried to coax students out of their houses so they could get the crap kicked out of them.

Please embed the video for me if you know how - many thanks.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Free embed for you

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

This is the youtube video.

The disturbing thing here is, it looks like the police were looking for a 'live training exercise' to test their tech toys and tactics.

Makes you wonder what the government has in the works that they are looking for opportunities to test riot equipment and tactics.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is just the training sessions going on now, practicing on college kids cutting loose....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Totally agree with you - especially the way they all started in lock-step.
It definitely looked like they were just looking for an excuse to do some live training and play with their new toys.

+35 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So military weapons are able to be used on civilians?

Good going amerika..

Also filming is considered infrindging on thier jobs?? WTF is this?

Any cops wanna weigh in on this.. cause it looks real bad for the police right now..

What ever happened to the local cop just being nice.. oh well those were the good ol days..
edit on 5/2/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

Tear gassing in thier own properties.. And invading houses..

Hmmmm..... 4th amendment?
edit on 5/2/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Looks like they're getting ready to do another kent state... And thus history repeats.. To the thugs of the totalitarian states of america I dedicate the song Ohio by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.. And to those who stand for freedom I dedicate "the guns of brixton" by the Clash.. Eh this isnt a radio request line.?!?! Oops..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
riots =riot police
new toys or not.
I miss block parties
those were the days.
It'll be banned next year IMO

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Star and Flagged OP, great post. I agree, it's extremely fishy.

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

That's the truth.
I wonder how many people under 30 are aware of the Kent state massacre.
It's one of those events that was earth shatteringly important yet somehow it's managed to fade into the annals of American history.
Seemed like something more expected from a dictatorship...they do say that actions are louder than words.
By the way - It happened on May 4th - 31 years ago.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i agree they had to be "looking".

articles are only saying "under age drinking" was the case.

too many police for just that !!

that area and that school are not known for "trouble"

a staged "test" ....... yes i think.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Heres an idea.. Dont get drunk and break the law... Easy as that.

Also, it doesnt matter if it happens every year or not. Dont break the law..

and aside from fearmongering and trying to draw a paralell that does not exist, what the hell does kent state have to do with unfderage drinking and breaking the law by rioting?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

You know - I'd say the same but I've seen riots...
All that footage & I'll tell you - all I saw was a party...I didn't see anyone rioting & all the ass kicking was being done by the cops...so...I'm not sold on the whole riot thing.
But of course they're going to report it that way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Care to explain to us what a riot is?

+25 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That's a pretty simplistic explanation - you don't think they could have broken it up in a more "traditional" fasion?
It wasn't a normal response to the annual party & I doubt this was the craziest it's every been there.
They just wanted to use their toys - plain & simple - they barely tried to hide that fact.

All you have to do is look at the force & tech they assembled before the party even began.
edit on 2-5-2011 by coldkidc because: I don't allow myself to use the word "response" more than 1x a post - personal rule to live by

+23 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

LA - now that was a riot...flippin cars - burning stuff - looting - breaking windows - throwing stuff.

I didn't even see a single thing thrown...
I mean - come on - who has a riot @ a college campus & doesn't even throw a friggin beer bottle?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There's another thread on this , but as I used to live on Wheeler St. ,I'll reply on this thread also. The "wheeler st" block party, is just that. It's a one block party that is held every year. It's not anywhere near where non-students live. The students pick up the trash the next morning. Kegger's are held all the time on that street and others throughout the school year. In fact, the house I lived in. me and my roomies had a kegger usually every weekend and sometimes more, complete with a jello-wrestling pit in the backyard.(used on warmer days)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by Expat888

That's the truth.
I wonder how many people under 30 are aware of the Kent state massacre.
It's one of those events that was earth shatteringly important yet somehow it's managed to fade into the annals of American history.
Seemed like something more expected from a dictatorship...they do say that actions are louder than words.
By the way - It happened on May 4th - 31 years ago.

Sadly I think its been largely forgotten by many of the people there.. Find it ironic that they conduct the op so close to the anniversary date of the kent state massacre.. I still light joss sticks and pray for those who were killed on the anniversary date.. May their sacrifice not have been in vain and may they rest in peace...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join