It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No, I'm in total agreement with you on that ......................... no violence of any kind.

I apologize if I didn't read through the entire thread.

But, there are other less violent ways of grouping up, handcuffing and hauling these kids down to the local jail.

I am seeing an escalation in police brutality and violence decade by decade by the enforcers of the law.

Nobody should be punching, tasering, gassing, sound waving anyone.

And yes you are most correct, nobody should be liquored up (have seen the bad effects first hand with alcohol), looting, or any kind of violence.

The violence MUST STOP period................on both sides.
edit on 2-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I agree with you - violence simply escalates already tense situations
Unfortunately it seems violence as a first reaction is becoming more common than it was even just 10 years ago.

link   
As I said.. You donty have all the footage, or the story...

Doesnt look like just a few people to me...

How the riot started

Gee.. I cant imagine why the police responded in the manner they did....

Go figure.

As I said.. people re so quick to just take an intial report and run with it, without doing any other type of research to see if there is more to the story..

apparently there is.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

It is, and has its own Govenor, Legislature and Judicial system. The President of the United States has no legal authority to do iunaything in the State of Illinois.

Its a local matter... The city is responsible for is own affairs within its city limits. In this case, the city requested assistance from the Sheriffs department and several other police agencies.

President Obama = Federal level

not state level.

Next time quote my entire statement, because I clearly explained it to you, and Ill do it again because you seen to have a hard time understanding:

If a state breaking the constitution, the federal government must step in. That is one of the only reasons the founding fathers wanted it for, or the U.S. would simply be city-states like ancient Greece.

Read Up

And have a dictionary ready, some of those words may be big for a sheeple brain like yours

link   
Don't let these police state public relations con artists convince you into supporting a police state. These scammers will tell you in a roundabout way it's for society's own good. Do you see the game they're playing here? Law enforcement officials are nothing more than glorified collection agents for the police state. Their only job is to generate revenue for a corrupt, outdated and unconstitutional (lack of) justice system.

Do you really expect anything else from a country which has no problem indiscriminately torturing and killing people who have not been tried and convicted of any crimes? They even have terms for these things: enhanced interrogation and collateral damage. How nice and dehumanizing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

If you are going to try to lecture me on Constiutional law, then you need to actually learn the Constitution, and the law, and how it applies. When you are done with that, learn the difference betwen State and Federal authorty and how jurisdiction works. Then learn how its applied ot the individual at the State level.

When you are done with that, then you need to go through a Police academy and learn Federal and local laws on Officer use of force, and hows its applied and what conditions and criteria are used to place it into context to see if the use of force was valid, and then if it violated department policy, state law. Then you need to check to see if any actions violated 42 USC 1983.

When you are done with that, get back to me ok.

The FEderal Government has no authority in this manner.

Doesnt look like just a few people to me...

[snipped repeat of videos]

edit on Mon May 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed duplication of videos from several post up

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Then get off your butt if you dont like the law and have it changed. All I see people do is bitch in these threads about how evil the government is, yet I dont see any of you take an active approach to change anything. All I see are excuses like my vote doesnt count, the system is a sham.

Even if a revolution did occur in the US, you guys would stil be inside complaining about it.

Change requires involvement, which means getting out from behind the computer and being heard.

One great way to get off our asses and voice our concerns is to protest! Voting is cool but protesting lets everyone know what you think is right and wrong. Once we get all the permits and paperwork in order and the state gives us the green light, we can have ourselves a peaceful protest. Peaceful being the key word here. Hopefully the police don't come in with their riot gear.

In reference to this college "riot". If you bring in police with riot gear to a young crowd who they know have been drinking, well I'm surprised this didn't get uglier. So kudos to those kids. The question remains, was riot police really needed?

And I'm dead serious about a protest. Washington D.C is the place to be! You're right, it's time to tell our government how we feel.

Don't think the USA government doesn't have their newly written authority to condemn protesters though.

The Police State - HR 1955 Violent Radicalization Act (part 1)
www.youtube.com...

www.govtrack.us...

Follow this link to find representatives of your state to write about this bill:
www.visi.com...

edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: I love to edit, so what

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

No - he's right.
This wasn't a lone cop having to make a split second decision on whether or not the guy was reaching in his waistband for a gun or his wallet.

This was a premeditated use of excessive force.
Why would you get all the troops there & get geared up for the party prior to it without the intention to join in the fun?

This took a massive amount of preplanning to coordinate several neighboring local forces with the state, bring gear in from miles away, establish lines and a battle plan and then to just begin executing it without a triggering event.

This was a training exercise, likely planned weeks in advance if not months to piggy back of a yearly event where the site of kids having fun in a police state with high unemployment and poverty would cause many people sitting at home eating hot dogs and macaroni and cheese to not have much sympathy.

This is what our society is becoming, angry, poor, frightened highly polarized people looking for a pound of flesh to appease their frustrations anywhere they can find it as long as it's not coming out of their own hide and wallet.

If the police had there way there would be no fun, the streets would always be empty, you would always be on your way to work or back in a three piece suit and tie and lick their boots if stopped.

The rest of the time you would be in your house locked inside watching the Main Stream News media glorif the military and police or watching police shows on TV that do the same.

We live in a police state, it is getting beyond out of control, they no longer believe they exist to protect and serve citizens, they believe they exist to dictate to citizens every aspect of their lives, and to protect the state that signs their paychecks.

It's disgusting, we might as well be in Cuba.

At least there you are allowed to Samba.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Or are a few of you going to continue to gloos over the videos im posting because it doesnt support your side of the argument?

And the videos didnt come from any police sources.. They came from the students..

Drunk students, fires, bottles being thrown, people fighting.

Police arrive and REFUSE to disperse, as you can clearly here in 2 of the videos...

You guys dont get it... The number of students outnumbered the cops.. You are being told to disperse, you disperse. Its not like there was no warnings as to what was going to occur if they did not disperse.

When its 35 cops vs a few hundered drunk people,m there is not much room for negotiation..

its simple

disperse as told or go to jail.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For burning an old chair and a stop sign? The "riot police" were already their as all the video's show. As I said, this is an annual event and everyone knows it happens. I will say, some of the officer's in the area have been know to be a little "gung-ho", such as walking down a party with shotguns on their sholders, but most cops won't even mess with you for carrying open alchol as long as you stay on the sidewalk.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For burning an old chair and a stop sign? The "riot police" were already their as all the video's show. As I said, this is an annual event and everyone knows it happens. I will say, some of the officer's in the area have been know to be a little "gung-ho", such as walking down a party with shotguns on their sholders, but most cops won't even mess with you for carrying open alchol as long as you stay on the sidewalk.
edit on 2-5-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

How the riot started.... Jackass police in riot gear formed a line and started pushing people in a party. The same thing said in the OP. Maybe to you this is fine and dandy behavior, but to normal people, it is not. You want to arrest someone who started a small fire, fine. The rest is uncalled for.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Ah yes... here we go... disect the videos to support the exessive use of force argument, while IGNORING the other parts.

You really dont get it do you. its a RIOT. Either disperse, or be cleared out and go to jail.

Its an easy choice.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thank you for the footage...but...

The only thing I saw that could even possibly be interpreted as a riotous act would have been the destruction of the stop sign.

They had a fire - big deal - you obviously haven't been to a college party before...so some idiot knocked over a stop sign & burned his bike and that gives them the right to bring in the swat then spray the whole street with tear gas and start arresting people at random?

Stop posting the videos - once per page is enough - anything more is spam.
edit on 2-5-2011 by coldkidc because: T not Y

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

training exercises seem to be popular lately....here and in Israel !

just ask X.

and yes,

the general logistics don't match either.

too far away, too little time.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

How the riot started.... Jackass police in riot gear formed a line and started pushing people in a party. The same thing said in the OP. Maybe to you this is fine and dandy behavior, but to normal people, it is not. You want to arrest someone who started a small fire, fine. The rest is uncalled for.

I think you mean jackass drunk students in the middle of a public street, fighting, shooting roman candles at each other, starting stuff on fire.

and again.. I provide the video thats show more of the story, and people ignore it...

called that one a few pages back.

You only see what you want to see and nothing more. You dismiss anything that doesnt support your argument.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ITS NOT A RIOT - ITS A FRIGGIN BLOCK PARTY

Unless you are trying to suggest that anytime more than 3 people get together have some drinks & a fun time talking without their "inside voices" it's a riot?

link   

There is no riot, there is a party, and if you actually believe a couple thousand kids can't manage a small bonfire on their own property, and don't intend to pick up the mess the next day your just dreaming.

Sure maybe a few bottles get broken, maybe a few signs get spray painted, maybe a few people puke their guts out and some bushes get urinated on.

It all gets cleaned up usually by the same people who put the party on, after all they live there.

The Police State you want us all to live in that lacks spontaniety, gayiety, frivolity and revelry is just a sick orwellian place for guys so uniformly brainwashed in their little matching uniforms taking themselves so seriously because they are actually trying to stop human beings from being human.

Lots of luck there.

Best move here was for the cops to have backed off, kept a rescue vehicle and fire truck on handy, and let the kids have fun.

Fun is what's against the law now, cops on the job, living in a dark and bleak world they create in their own minds who can't even stand to see people having it any more.

Nothing but a bunch of amatuer sadists and control freaks, the lot of them.

link   
reply to post by xuenchen

WHy Hamas and PRessTV let you go as their spokesperson is beyond me.. I really feel like they are missing an experienced BS artist by your departure. I am amazed you and the others are defending Bin Laden..

Maybe you are and ive just missed it form the 1500 thread on that topic.

The videos are there, and there are more on youtube. Just search for western illinois riots 2011 and a whole slew come up.

Have a good night guys.. Ill come back and fight with you tomrrow.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join