It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As disturbing as this is, most of those students vote for big government at every election. I'll be they support Obama and other statists and globalists. Their university trains them to do so. Moreover our freedoms are only intended for a God fearing people. The godless are easily manipulated and controlled like dumb sheep or cattle. Their lawless behavior patterns generate their own eventual slavery.

Just look at any urban ghetto to see where it finishes. Soon we will all be looking at our razor wire boundaries.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Looks like the president of the school is licking the cops boots:

media.www.westerncourier.com...

Wonder how much money the school gets from the state (officially and otherwise), and how much of it goes to him. If I were the parent of any of the kids at that mess, I'd be looking in to him really hard right now.

I also won't be too surprised if some of the more vengeful students do their own bit of justice on some of the cops. They definitely have video of a lot of them, and they can't be in body armor ALL the time.

could be all about money ... business as usual.

and,

According to the Macomb Police Department, approximately 104 citations were issued to 89 individuals as of May 1. [color=ffff000]Of those, nearly 50 percent were non-Western Illinois University students, and several more nonstudents engaged in yesterday's inappropriate and illegal behaviors. The vast majority of our nearly 11,000 Macomb campus students does not participate in such events and truly represents the high caliber of students we have at Western.

sock puppet induced flash mobs.

and
I wonder if He wrote that all by Himself, or did He have "help"....?

Those students who were arrested will also face disciplinary action from the University. It is sad that those individuals have such little respect for themselves, their community and their university, and that they, along with visitors to this community, can tarnish Western Illinois University's reputation.

[color=ffff000]We will continue to work with our community and law enforcement to prevent events of this magnitude from happening again in the future.

I thought they tried that last time ?

and the time before that,

and the time before that,

and the ..........

did ya ever think that maybe it don't work in the first place Mr. Goldfarb ?

I wonder if the liquor was legal and had tax stamps ?

was it moonshine or illegal booze smuggled from Mexico ?

THAT would be a Federal issue ?? yes/no ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Looks like the president of the school is licking the cops boots:

media.www.westerncourier.com...

Wonder how much money the school gets from the state (officially and otherwise), and how much of it goes to him. If I were the parent of any of the kids at that mess, I'd be looking in to him really hard right now.

I also won't be too surprised if some of the more vengeful students do their own bit of justice on some of the cops. They definitely have video of a lot of them, and they can't be in body armor ALL the time.

Excellent find! The over tones of judgment in that letter, he knows he works with college students right? I wonder if he's all the videos we've seen? We should email them to him lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It does look kind of crazy. Only problem I have is that it looks like all heck broke loose in that area. I even see a fire going. The cops can't let drunk students burn down a neighborhood can they?

But it does look like the cops pulled out all the stops. Yet, since parents are failing to do their jobs lately then the cops must step in and beat some sense into today's youth. I mean really, should we allow kids to burn down a university in the name of free speech?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Kent State? Please. Get over yourselves. No one was even seriously injured. Looked to me like a bunch of hooligans burning stuff, littering and refusing to obey the direct orders of law enforcement officers. You weren't protesting any wars or doing anything noble. Just being jackasses. Drunken, unruly jackasses. If this were China, you punks would be red goo lubing the treads of some big army tank.Want to impress me, come down here where the floods are and help your fellow Americans by volunteering. The police officers who had to waste their time dealing with your shenanigans could have been better put to use trying to save the lives and property of flood victims, or preventing serious crimes in your own community. When you grow up, you'll realize what a waste of community resources -- and tuition -- this whole debacle was.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The police officers who had to waste their time dealing with your shenanigans could have been better put to use trying to save the lives and property of flood victims, or preventing serious crimes in your own community.

Get with the program. There is no money for the Police State in trying to save lives/property or preventing serious crime. These law enforcement operations cost money and do not bring in an income for the Police State. The Police State only makes money when non-violent middle/lower class innocent individuals are arrested and run through the system (lawyers fees, court fees, fines, full prisons, drug tests, useless employees, etc.).
edit on 3-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

No offense but what do you think is dumber, deciding to get drunk at a annual party on a Saturday Night or building or chosing to live in a home in a flood zone.

So because some people built homes in a known flood zone the rest of the nation should stop all life?

So because you imagine people in China don't have parties and get drunk or have bon fires you imagine no one in America should either?

It's an anual party and it's pretty absurd to think a small well contained fire on a front lawn is going to burn through 100's of people to get to a dwelling.

Life dealt you a lemon it happens, no need to take it out on everyone else.

I live in a hurricane zone, my choice, I know that come any summer my home and property might be destroyed, my choice.

People who can't stand the heat ought not to be in the kitchen.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Over MY DEAD BODY (and the bodies of as many that try to take them as I can take with me. Trust me, I'm an EXCELLENT marksman.)

If the cops come to take your gun they are coming to take your gun. So yes, standing over YOUR DEAD BODY, they will take your gun. Not only will they take your gun but they will take the rest of your property for giving them a hard time to begin with. They are not going to show up asking nicely for your gun. They are going to show up 30 deep ready to take your gun.

I guess my point is this. If they want to take your gun they will. I have never known ANYONE who kept their gun after ATF showed up. Can you name a person in America who kept their gun after the authorities showed up to take their gun?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It's an anual party and it's pretty absurd to think a small well contained fire on a front lawn is going to burn through 100's of people to get to a dwelling.

I'm not trying to argue with you when I say this. I tend to always look at the other side of the coin on everything. Keeps my mind sharp.

So you wouldn't mind if your neighbor had an annual party in which hundreds of kids were starting small well contained fires next to your home? You wouldn't even mind a little all night music, yelling and screaming going on while you tried to sleep? You wouldn't call the cops to come shut that annual party down?

What if your neighbor was minority? And hundres of minorities were next door setting small contained fires, yelling and screaming? Are you saying you would not call the cops because it's their right to party like it's 1999?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

It's not about a bunch of what if's and hypotheticals it's about what is.

A block party where everyone on the block is a student house in a neighborhood full of student houses.

It happens every year, year after year, it's a tradition.

If I lived in such a neighborhood where the tradition had started well before I ever moved in, well guess what, when in Rome.

If it bothered me one person, to the point where I felt my right as one person superceded the right of hundreds of people, I would go away some place quiet for the weekend.

Heaven forbid I go and invite myself and hang out and maybe have a good time at the party.

All hail the homegenous police state, curfew is at sun down lights out by 9, everyone wears the same clothes, says the same politically correct things, slaves all days for a pittance, and then goes home to a virtual prison.

edit on 3/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by coldkidc

Heres an idea.. Dont get drunk and break the law... Easy as that.

What law?
And why don't the cops have to obey the law?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
COOL!!! I live one block over from the party. Wow Macomb is big news. Ok lets be honest, it was a party not a riot. Working at the university I get to talk to a lot of the students and I've heard some things that never made it into the news. Last years party was a lot worse than this one. I barely even heard the party until the cops started with the LRAD. It sounded like a football game at its worst before that. yeah the kids were *F*'ed up, but that was the point to the block party. The police were patrolling on foot, talking to the kids, and generally just being present. There was no problems until the police stopped their foot patrol. That's when a couple of morons lit some boxes and a bike on fire and pulled down a stop sign. The police lined up and decided to march down the middle of the street flexing their pecs and showing off. A student worker of mine was there and was telling me that what happened after the street march. The cops were spraying mace into the grass in front of the houses. He said the mace got into the houses making it impossible to breathe but if you went out you got maced. There was even a video of one kid who was video taping it and he got a face full. It was complete overkill on the part of the police.

Is it possible that the police broke the law by spraying mace in the yards so that it was blown into the houses. The one of the kid getting a face full of mace on his porch almost certainly illegal isn't it?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Ya know this is becoming more and more the norm lately and I don't know about anyone else but it really pisses me off. I have very much respect for all the soldiers especially the ones that fought and died in all the previous wars. So when they died for this country, this is the future they died for? If the police are unconstitutional terrorizing people, using these weapons on kids then I think its time to do something about it. Why are we bound by the laws if they keep breaking them? If they show force then unfortunately then I think its time to show force back. Perhaps they won't show force the next time because they know that we will push back. How many times will people allow this to happen? Who the hell do they think they are anyway? If we just keep talking and talking nothing will ever change. If 5-6 fully trained grown men/women pounced and tackled your 20 your old son or daughter, maced them, used a military sound weapon on them, then how as a parent can you continue to allow this type of thing to happen? Its not right on so many levels and if this is allowed to continue it will only get worse. You don't have to look that far back in history to see where this is headed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardA
COOL!!! I live one block over from the party. Wow Macomb is big news. Ok lets be honest, it was a party not a riot. Working at the university I get to talk to a lot of the students and I've heard some things that never made it into the news. Last years party was a lot worse than this one. I barely even heard the party until the cops started with the LRAD. It sounded like a football game at its worst before that. yeah the kids were *F*'ed up, but that was the point to the block party. The police were patrolling on foot, talking to the kids, and generally just being present. There was no problems until the police stopped their foot patrol. That's when a couple of morons lit some boxes and a bike on fire and pulled down a stop sign. The police lined up and decided to march down the middle of the street flexing their pecs and showing off. A student worker of mine was there and was telling me that what happened after the street march. The cops were spraying mace into the grass in front of the houses. He said the mace got into the houses making it impossible to breathe but if you went out you got maced. There was even a video of one kid who was video taping it and he got a face full. It was complete overkill on the part of the police.

Is it possible that the police broke the law by spraying mace in the yards so that it was blown into the houses. The one of the kid getting a face full of mace on his porch almost certainly illegal isn't it?

Excellent summary.

Do you know anything about the letter that the school admin sent out? Why if the school frowns upon this activity doesn't it take more pre-emptive measures.

Carefully watching the videos corroborates your story. This was a premeditated display of force. It sure looks like a training exercise or a warning to any attempting similar acts in the future.

It looks like a set up to me, create the conditions to set the kids off, and then move in on them.

This could have been handled in so many different, non-violent ways. The police have gotten to the point that to avoid any possible harm to themselves they are prepared use excessive force at the slightest provocation. In this case, it sounds like the foot patrols were doing the job, someone elected to stop this party with storm troopers though it was not needed.

The most disturbing thing is hearing of people being gassed in their own homes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
we tried prohibition a couple years ago
didn't work then
won't work now

did any of these cops pass a history class?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

This is the youtube video.

The disturbing thing here is, it looks like the police were looking for a 'live training exercise' to test their tech toys and tactics.

Makes you wonder what the government has in the works that they are looking for opportunities to test riot equipment and tactics.

And We're sure They won't "fire on Their own citizens" how?

I mean, really, with the military and police taking same tactics, how is it again with this evidence that We can be certain the military won't do exactly this? With live weapons that kill?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

It's not about a bunch of what if's and hypotheticals it's about what is.

One size never fits all. This world is full of what if's and hyptheticals. Thats why we have to apply a standard for our own lives and society at large. I would not want a group of ANYONE distrubing my sleep past a certain hour of the day. I would not want anymore setting fires and destroying the neighborhood I live in. I may not care about your neighborhood but I surely care about mine.

The world is full of what if's. Problem is, some what it's bug us more than other what if's?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This is the youtube video.

The disturbing thing here is, it looks like the police were looking for a 'live training exercise' to test their tech toys and tactics.

Makes you wonder what the government has in the works that they are looking for opportunities to test riot equipment and tactics.

my thoughts exactly. this looked like they were trying to instigate more of a reaction from the crowd so they could the smack down hard. i think this is just a sign of things to come. they will be pulling American troops out of Afghanistan and deploying them on the streets of America. good luck guys.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I notice at the end the young man was talking about joining Oath Keepers, which the govt. will then turn around and say is a terrorist organization.

So, in effect, according to the govt., this young man will become an example of a home grown terrorist.

You know, if I didn't like tomatoes, I wouldn't grow them?

Country Wisdom 101

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

LOL... Again, I ask what the legal definition of a riot is. When you figure that out, then come back and try to make your legal argument.

Until then, learn the law before you attempt to make an argument using it.

Who cares what the legal definition of "riot" is? We all know that common sense states this wasnt a riot but a party.

Or is common sense worthless nowadays? We all have to be brainwashed into taking the "law" (legislation) to the letter?

Thank god i don't live in the USA.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join