It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else watching MSNBC prior the the announcment? "Grim development involving an overseas C

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
All the cable news channels were making a big deal about the pending late-night press conference. MSNBC began around 9:50PM. CNN began a few minutes after that. They all claimed they were given notice about 40 minutes prior to the planned start of the press conference of 10:30PM, which was delayed an additional hour after that.

I don't think they were officially told anything but they all have their ears among the various staffers in congress and the WH. Wolf Blitzer broke the nature of the news first, that it was about Bin Laden. Geraldo by far was the most clueless. It was a bit amusing to watch the usual Sunday late-night newscasters slowly being replaced by the A-squad, they must have rushed them back in to work and through make-up pronto.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I too find it interesting. Something I thought was quite odd while watching Geraldo on Fox News
was that he cut off the guy he was talking to and randomly exclaimed, "Wait!, what if all of this has to do with Osama Bin Laden!"

Sure enough, not too long after that he was handed a slip of paper that said Osama is dead blahdee blah. I honestly think it was insane to hold a press event at that time of night for that.

I too was watching FOX, and also thought that funny. I was really thinking some kind of world changing event was happening, and then all of a sudden they stated Bin Laden was dead. I firmly believed he was dead long time ago, Bhutto said it, and many others did too. Now we hear he is buried at sea? What kind of idiots do they think we are? If he is in fact dead, killed by CIA, we would like to see the body, thank you, and some scientific evidence that is really is him. This stinks to high heaven.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was sure it would be some horrible dire news out of Japan. But they quickly put this over the top Bin Laden thing together to keep us completely occupied as far from what we need to know about as possible. Namely some very "grim" news about Japan. Just my take on it. It'll be too late once the SHTF in an undeniable way. The old bait and switch...

Time's almost up.

We need to start getting back to the Japan threads. The local Geiger Counter reading threads. We've been duped.

Burried at sea my fat white ass.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The anchor (I don't know his name, either) - the one who looked like he was badly lit and filmed in 8-bit resolution - did seem rattled, and seemed to be over cautious of what he was reading.

It struck me as odd that they - MSNBC - basically released all of the information prior to the President's address.
The grim thing was more of a throwaway line along the lines of "we'll experience some security increases here in the US for a while....just in case...."

How can the MSM release the contents of a Presidential 'special address' before it has been made? What security increases can we expect?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

OK, your post is seriously scary! As if I wasn't already feeling apocalyptic enough!
Vicky

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Proctor11
"No one is telling me I can't report this so I will now say that the President will be announcing that...I'm now being told to hold this announcement though it doesn't say that on this paper."

This makes me rather frustrated. Yes, we all know reality is being censored for our ignorant consumption. But to have somebody admit during a broadcast that somebody gets to decide what we are allowed to know and what we aren't, it really puts the boot in.

They best be careful, or they'll choke on their secrets.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I also found it interesting that the media "announced" the big announcment Before the Prez.

Our evening is interupted by a Big Statement = Breaking News - important enough for the Regularly Scheduled Programing to be pre-empted.......Late on a Sunday night??? Then we Wait for over an hour - only to have all of the media Break The News.

I missed the Shocked Look on MSMBC - would love to see a vid of it!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
reply to post by Proctor11

OK, your post is seriously scary! As if I wasn't already feeling apocalyptic enough!
Vicky

I'm with u on that one.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i didnt see any of what your talking about so i'm guessing here, but i think a likely explanation is that the newsreader misread 'osama' as 'obama'.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Anyone else find it ironic the announcement cut into Trump's Celebrity Apprentice show? Right before it ends and he fires somebody....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38ca6b6747df.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was watching CNN and they kept saying it was world news that dealt with national security. I understand the breaking news of Osama Bin Laden's death, but it's really very strange. The meeting was scheduled for 10:30 and kept being pushed forward. It was truly a big let down, but a shocker as well. The part I don't understand is how is this a global topic? The "terrorist" attacks were on USA and England, OBL death is significant for those two countries.
I guess I was expecting alien disclosure or that Japan was in major trouble. Should we be happy about his death? Also, I don't get that there was a hype that the president has something big to announce, but the MSM announced for Pres. Obama, strange!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Have a star for being the person with intelligence and denying ignorance . smack on mate, nothing more, in actual fact I reckon that time in the middle east would of been first pray time. someone can work it out, but I live in Western Australia and we got reports at 10.30am that something was happening and got Obama's message at just past 11.30 am, middle east about 5 hours in front, 6 ,30 am in the middle east as the sun is coming up which is first pray time, yep great surgical timing

Yeah, but why?

Thats what I want to know. I dont have much doubt, having watched the whole thing unfold, that we are being punked, but to what end? Although I think this is great for Obama's popularity, this is too far from the election to really be about the election, soooooooooooo whats up?

New War? Iran? Pakistan? Any one care to guess?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was looking for the video in question but i cant seem to find it but i came across this...

Is it possible that they did this intentionally... i mean a major news station mispelling a major terrorists name??

Hmmm...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

We need to start getting back to the Japan threads. The local Geiger Counter reading threads. We've been duped.

Burried at sea my fat white ass.

Well, it could be about Japan, but I dont think they would have needed to kill Osama for that, with all due respect. I suspect this has to be about the Mid East, maybe to instigate a new war. The big question for me is, will we have to undergo a "retaliatory strike from al Qaeda" first to seal the deal with the American people?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This smells bad! Agreed that this was meant to be a release of other information that the president had. There has been a lot of talk about how he looked stoned. Personally, I think they drugged him and got him to talk about Osama instead of the real news. This means two things, a huge power struggle within the administration(one which the bad guys are winning) and secondly that something really really bad has happened or is going to happen.

So what could it be? ELE ? They know something thats for sure.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
delete this.. oops
edit on 2-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
I was looking for the video in question but i cant seem to find it but i came across this...

Is it possible that they did this intentionally... i mean a major news station mispelling a major terrorists name??

Hmmm...

The name thing has been discussed in detail on ATS in the past, but the short response is that both Usama and Osama are correct.. the reason is that the arabic alphabet has more characters than the english alphabet and so there is no direct translation.. there are several possible translations that could be considered correct .. Usama and Osama are two of the most common that are found in print.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OoohLaDeDa
This smells bad! Agreed that this was meant to be a release of other information that the president had. There has been a lot of talk about how he looked stoned. Personally, I think they drugged him and got him to talk about Osama instead of the real news. This means two things, a huge power struggle within the administration(one which the bad guys are winning) and secondly that something really really bad has happened or is going to happen.

So what could it be? ELE ? They know something thats for sure.

That seems to be really grasping at straws.. him looking like that could very well just be that he was delivering what he took to be huge information to the American public.. to most of the public this would be epic news, and you can tell by the reactions of a lot of people that it is .. it's also a giant bit of news for a US president to give since it is directly tied to one of the most life changing events we've known .. to go from that to him being drugged and it indicating a power struggle seems like quite a leap of faith
but who knows?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Hmmm...

I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it was the FOX way of letting us know who Osama really is.

He is the USA Main Agent.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I too was all excited and thinking something "world changing" was going to be announced. I saw the report about 11:30 and was actually watching some shows on the DVR and just happen to have it on that channel (that I never watch) when my recording ended. So I re-winded it to where they cut off the initial programming. When they announced it was about Bin Laden I fast forwarded through the blah blah blah trying to see what our "fearless" leader had to say this time. When I saw it was delayed I just turned the tube off and when to bed disappointed. I wanted to hear that the Rothchilds, Winsors, or some other real threat was dead. But Bin Laden? Hell he probably died in their care last month and they have been thinking about how to release the information and make themselves look like the good guys doing the deed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join