It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else watching MSNBC prior the the announcment? "Grim development involving an overseas C

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I understand what you mean. It's great...I'm glad, and I understand it is exciting because he was a horrible person, but really, people are celebrating like it's over...like a threat is gone. He hasn't reared his ugly head for a while. And now he's dead, and it's Monday, and nothing has changed really.

What I can't seem to get is why no one has posted a thread about both Bin Laden and Hitler's death was announced late at night on May 1. Hitler- May 1, 1945. Also, the famous Bush "mission accomplished" speech was on May 1st.

Oh...also, this should sit well with the prophecy/ numerology believers...it is exactly 66 years later!! Chew on that for a while!
edit on 2-5-2011 by restlessbrainsyndrome because: added

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I was watching MSNBC too. It first was a grim announcement then this whole Bin Laden stuff comes on. I mean everybody --everyone was somber, worried and very concerned about the pieces of paper they they were holding. Then they cut to something and when they came back the mood was different, and so was the news.

Very odd.

I can hear the thoughts... Oh, sh! It's time to bring out a doozy. They'll believe anything.

Something quite more is afoot, methinks.

The Media, of course, are not controlled. No evidence of that at all. Hmmmm....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
If there previous "Grim" announcement was not such a big deal why would they take the time to back track and explain why they chose the words grim?

I belive a gag order was placed and it made them back track on there announcement. Something big was going to be said and its prof because of the back track!

So apparently the word was actually "grave" and they didn't backtrack, not that I know of. They just explained why they initially thought that the news was bad for our forces. I would be uneasy, too, if I were a broadcaster with bad news and had to hold on to it until they could find proper evidence. Luckily the news was the death of Osama and not mass casualties of ours. Isn't it better that they explained their earlier tone, instead of leaving people frightened?

Don't get me wrong, I think something's fishy with this whole thing, too, but the original broadcast is hardly the place to pin it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
The Timeline is what has me wondering =

1) Announcment that Obama is going to address the nation on Breaking News - soon.
2) Reporters/anchors speculate as to what the News Is
3) Reporters delay
4) Reporters announce that Osama "may have been captured or dead"
5) Announcment that Osama is Dead
6) Obama delayed Breaking News "while he writes speech"......oh sure....
7) More delay - more info from Reporters - We Wait and wait...
8) Finally Obama steps to the mike and gives us the Same info we have gotten in the last hour from news stations.

Why the dribble of info?
Why the delay?
Why the Sunday Night timing?

None of it really makes any sense.

Add to that:

Why the speculative journalism?

That is, why preempt the the actual announcement with a 90 minute pep rally?
(Maybe because of the late night timing? Muslim prayer time? Pavlovian conditioning?)

This really isn't even that big of a deal. I mean, if one buys the official version of events, it arrives a dollar short & a day late. (Or as someone mentioned on another related thread: a trillion short & a decade late.) If one has doubts, then why believe a word of it?

"So... why the circus?"

edit on 2/5/11 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome

I understand what you mean. It's great...I'm glad, and I understand it is exciting because he was a horrible person, but really, people are celebrating like it's over...like a threat is gone. He hasn't reared his ugly head for a while. And now he's dead, and it's Monday, and nothing has changed really.

Bless you for My own thought. [smile] Yes, it's a ruse. He was a Goldstein that outlived his purpose - others were who We railed at images of - and the "death" of Goldstein would be an awesome distraction, another circus (the Big Top has come to town!). Based on what I have looked at, they did a rather horrible job of "proving" it was Osama by photoshopping in his face from a portrait some years before this "death."

So... Nothing has changed except the bulk of Humans will believe They just killed Osama (better change it to *U*sama - too close to *O*bama!) and use it as an excuse to party. Nothing has changed, indeed.

What I can't seem to get is why no one has posted a thread about both Bin Laden and Hitler's death was announced late at night on May 1. Hitler- May 1, 1945. Also, the famous Bush "mission accomplished" speech was on May 1st.

Oh...also, this should sit well with the prophecy/ numerology believers...it is exactly 66 years later!! Chew on that for a while!

Oh, Beltane, or a profane facsimile, is very important - so something on May Day has a purpose. As to the 66? Heh. Synchronicity.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I think most of the posts on this thread are failing to understand that the broadcasters have their jobs and credibility on the line if they report something and panic people too soon. That's the real reason they were uneasy; they thought they were reporting mass U.S. casualties (the initial report was a US helicopter crash), not the death of Bin Laden. They had to wait to find out more.

I think the real conspiracy revolves around the actual circumstances of his "death", not the reporting of it. It could be misdirection for something else, yeah, but there's another thread already covering that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why the dribble of info?
Why the delay?
Why the Sunday Night timing?

None of it really makes any sense.

Why the dribble of info? Um. Because that's how news works? The delay was from reporters needing to verify the story before reporting. And EVERYONE knows that if there's a big publicity story, you never release it on a Friday or a Weekend. You gotta save that for Sunday night/Monday morning, so that the news isn't overshadowed by weekend events. Or Royal Wedding buzz, in this case. I'm surprised they managed to keep it a secret for as long as they did.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well did anyone ever think "Holy Crap they Killed Osama" as huge news?

Last night I was like holy crap I can't believe it, so it was huge news as far as I was concerned.

I am not saying that the media doesn't cover things up, etc, but you have to admit, Osama being found, killed and we have a body ....that's pretty large news, right?

It's been a long 10 years in the making. Most of us thought he was dead long ago.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i didnt see any of what your talking about so i'm guessing here, but i think a likely explanation is that the newsreader misread 'osama' as 'obama'.

Lol that would be too funny if he announce it wrong...but what could that have to do with a CIA op.? Thats the part that makes it weird, that would exclude a lot of stuff like Japans Nuke disaster i think.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome

I

Oh, Beltane, or a profane facsimile, is very important - so something on May Day has a purpose. As to the 66? Heh. Synchronicity.

Wow MAY DAY! MAY DAY!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, something is up.

The news of Osama went viral almost imediately. ALL OVER!

If it was a distraction, it was definately a good one, the question is, if it was indeed a distraction, what would they be trying to hide from the WORLD.

I am still looking into it..I advise everyone to stay vigilant.

btw post by EL1A5 If you haven't seen it yet, the pics that are being shown on the news of the deceased osama, they are fake, I found a lot of compelling evidence via google, I LOVE THAT WEBSITE

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's a theory that is a bit out there, by out there I mean WAY OUT THERE..

It was supposed to be a "strange topic" the pres was going to adress the people about.

What if they reason they "faked" the death of Osama was to be able to bring the troops back, and institute Martial Law, seeing the way things have been going in the U.S. and the threat of a nation wide uprising, economy on the fall, prices soring everywhere, sure the people are pissed.

Get everyone's hopes up, then "By the way, Martial Law is going to come in affect!"

Just a thought, I am not the only one who thinks this that's for sure.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

id like to see the viedo but did you notice that msn on the net said that the obama was going to talk about et
it was there for 3 minutes then changed to osama death i saw it did anyone elese
edit on 2-5-2011 by john1287 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

6) Obama delayed Breaking News "while he writes speech"......oh sure....

Is that the reason they are giving for the delay? There are so many threads on this now that I can't seem to get all the info connected. Maybe that is by design, as well...who knows.

But if this is truly the reason they are giving, I don't believe that for one second. It would be ridiculous to believe that they called a press conference the second that word came in that OBL was dead, giving the president's speech writer ZERO time to write a speech other than the 40 minutes AFTER the schedule press release time. I mean...the president said... "Quick call a news conference!" and then, "oh crap guys! I didn't write my speech yet!"

Originally posted by writtenimage
reply to post by Amaterasu

I think most of the posts on this thread are failing to understand that the broadcasters have their jobs and credibility on the line if they report something and panic people too soon. That's the real reason they were uneasy; they thought they were reporting mass U.S. casualties (the initial report was a US helicopter crash), not the death of Bin Laden.

Is it normal for the President of the United States to call an 11:00pm Sunday night urgent breaking news press conference in order to announce that soldiers have been killed in a helicopter crash? Mass casualties? How many soldiers do these helicopters hold?

None of this entire process makes any sense to me. And I am not talking about just these two items, noted. This whole thing just feels strange to me all the way around.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
I am not saying that the media doesn't cover things up, etc, but you have to admit, Osama being found, killed and we have a body ....that's pretty large news, right?

Oh good, I wasn't the only one, LOL! Yes, I was blown away when I heard the news. I was 99% convinced that he would never be found, he had too many friends that were willing to lay down their own lives to keep him hidden. The surgical precision of the strike is astonishing, it's great to know we do still have some capabilities like this. To do this without the loss of a single US life is truly extraordinary.

Regarding the OP, there is no telling what was on that piece of paper but I suspect like others here that it may have been news of the helicoptor crash without accompanying news about Bin Laden. That's a reasonable explanation and there's no reason to grasp for a conspiracy because of the look on some random journalist's face.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by john1287
reply to post by Krzyzmo

id like to see the viedo but did you notice that msn on the net said that the obama was going to talk about et
it was there for 3 minutes then changed to osama death i saw it did anyone elese
edit on 2-5-2011 by john1287 because: (no reason given)

I did not see that! I wish I had....you should try going to your "history" and see if you can pull it back up.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe the papers said : News is coming from a world changing event. could still be osama's death.
and the life changing event was the world trade center falling... that was the life changing news.
It would be news from a world changing event..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

I don't watch TV myself, let alone the mass indoctrination machines. I have to admit, I have heard them use words like grim to announce that there was a death of some sort before, but in this context, and the fact that he was halted mid sentence has me wondering too.

When the news first started coming down the line my mind was screaming, and it still is.

I will reinterate here.

This announcement came on MAYDAY. The timing is suspect as we KNOW what the elite feel about this day. We need to know WHY it was important to them it was announced when it was, and not concentrate on the news itself.

Anything on the mass media is a smoke screen for the truth.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
IMO Could someone at MSNBC messed up and wrote Obama instead of Osama , then handed it to the announcer? When the mess up was relized he was cut off, just in the nick of time.
Can you imagine how you would react, as a news announcer, being handed a piece of paper saying that the POTUS is dead???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
IMO Could someone at MSNBC messed up and wrote Obama instead of Osama , then handed it to the announcer? When the mess up was relized he was cut off, just in the nick of time.
Can you imagine how you would react, as a news announcer, being handed a piece of paper saying that the POTUS is dead???

How could they have a piece of paper saying the president will make an announcement about him self being dead

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join