It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else watching MSNBC prior the the announcment? "Grim development involving an overseas C

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Timeline is what has me wondering =

1) Announcment that Obama is going to address the nation on Breaking News - soon.
2) Reporters/anchors speculate as to what the News Is
3) Reporters delay
4) Reporters announce that Osama "may have been captured or dead"
5) Announcment that Osama is Dead
6) Obama delayed Breaking News "while he writes speech"......oh sure....
7) More delay - more info from Reporters - We Wait and wait...
8) Finally Obama steps to the mike and gives us the Same info we have gotten in the last hour from news stations.

Why the dribble of info?
Why the delay?
Why the Sunday Night timing?

None of it really makes any sense.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

I heard them explain on MSNBC later on (about an hour later?) that their previous "grim" announcement was because, originally, they had heard of a helicopter crash in that area, but it turns out that it was Pakistan's helicopter and not ours. They assumed the President's speech was to be about major troop casualties, instead of about Bin Laden.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
I was looking for the video in question but i cant seem to find it but i came across this...

Is it possible that they did this intentionally... i mean a major news station mispelling a major terrorists name??

Hmmm...

I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it was the FOX way of letting us know who Osama really is.

He is the USA Main Agent.

Actually, recall that in the days after September 11th, every MSM outlet in the country spelled his name as "Usama."

The FBI had his name spelled "Usama."

Why the change to "Osama" has baffled me for years.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Missed it. I found out about the breaking news when I logged onto ATS just when someone posted the first thread about the President making some big announcement. I immediately turned on my TV and watched NBC What struck me odd was the time of this announcement. Why so late? Can't believe I'm getting up-to-date news on ATS now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Wow really? This is very interesting indeed. This Osama story I dont buy at all. What is the real story! Ugh I'm so sick of being lied to and manipulated! Hopefully someone will YouTube that clip

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It was also originally stated, and I can't remember which news outlet that said this, that Obama will address the nation about a "world changing event" and that the address is scheduled to last for 15 minutes. I was flipping channels at the time, so I'm not sure which one stated this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What if the close pass of astroid on may 11 will actually hit us or the moon?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I hadn't heard about this! Do you have an ATS link thread for it? I'd like to read more about it, even though the thought of it scares me!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I saw the same thing, and like you i thought, "uh-oh, something REALLY bad has happened." When he started to read the note saying he wasn't told he couldn't, then after beginning to read it being told he couldn't, i was extremely concerned and curious. I was actually speaking with a friend of mine at the time who said he saw on Fox and SA that it concerned Osama was killed, all before MSNBC started going with it.

And as much delay as they put in it, kept putting off the conference, made the whole thing extremely anti-climatic rather than climatic. By the time Obama came on, i already pretty much knew that "Osama was dead" (HA!) and had already switch to something completely different out of boredom.

If if was the fact that OBL was killed (on the note), i do not not understand the problem with that reporter reporting/reading it, as other stations had apparently already reported the news, unless it was definitely something completely different from the "official" announcement.

As others have stated, something very strange is going on. Why would the US kill him, wait a few days to announce it (verification?), then give his body back to his people to be buried the way HE wanted to be buried?? Something is NOT right. One would think the US would keep possession of it and perhaps bring it back to the US--or at least to a US base--for some type of analysis, unless they were truly concerned that by not returning it it would inflame his people and fellow Muslims even more.

Additionally, is no one else in the slightest bit concerned that what happened is, essentially, a US assassination squad went in there and killed him. Did they even try to capture him, to bring him to trial and face justice. That in itself leaves just as many questions as not, because it's like "we killed him and got rid of the body, so no need to worry anymore." They went in and assassinated him.

Something fishy in this whole thing. From the beginning to the end.

They straight-up assassinated him, and many people seem to be ok with that.

There are people here in the US CHEERING for the killing of a person, like grand Nazi rallies, and it's just like the "terrorists" or the "Muslims" cheering over the deaths of American at their own hands. What makes this ANY different? What makes us cheering and praising and thanking God for his killing ANY different from them doing the same about Americans?

It doesn't, and it disgusts me. And many of my friends are doing it.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

ETA: After reading more about this, is appears as though the US took his body and supposed buried it at sea according to Islamic law. Why would the US, again, bury him a supposed respectful manner after they just assassinated him, unless again, it was to hopefully suppress Muslim inflammation. Of course, according to t his article it was not in accordance with Islamic law, so...

WTH is going on? Why would we take the "World's Number One Terrorist"
and give him a respectful burial (even if we screwed it up)?

This thing is getting even more putrid.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Well, it could be about Japan, but I dont think they would have needed to kill Osama for that, with all due respect. I suspect this has to be about the Mid East, maybe to instigate a new war. The big question for me is, will we have to undergo a "retaliatory strike from al Qaeda" first to seal the deal with the American people?

I think the answer will be "YES!" [sigh] Expect the false flags to come a-charging! They're already priming Us with the "threats" if something happens to Osama.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by writtenimage

I heard them explain on MSNBC later on (about an hour later?) that their previous "grim" announcement was because, originally, they had heard of a helicopter crash in that area, but it turns out that it was Pakistan's helicopter and not ours. They assumed the President's speech was to be about major troop casualties, instead of about Bin Laden.

Sounds like back-peddling to me. "Ooops. How can We explain the "grim" comment? Oh, let's come up with a 'copter crash! Yeah That's the ticket!"

Like 'copter crashes are unheard of, and are majorly impacting, "grim" news for the "free" world. Yeah. Right.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by writtenimage

If there previous "Grim" announcement was not such a big deal why would they take the time to back track and explain why they chose the words grim?

I belive a gag order was placed and it made them back track on there announcement. Something big was going to be said and its prof because of the back track!
edit on 2-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There is no such thing as coincidence. Five days ago we hear about the threats relating to Osamas death, and now this. The two are connected, there can be no doubt about it. What IF the grim news is that they have positive confirmation that the retaliation is going to take place. Think about it. The president originally plans to come on air to warn people of a nuclear retaliation, but is talked down against his wishes into not mentioning it. Thus he buys time for a 24 style attempt to avert disaster.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Congressmen Peter King of NY and others said they had been told well before the live announcement that the news was about the death of Bin Laden. Someone or several someones leaked this to the media, probably as soon as they hung up the phone after being informed of it. So it's not surprising the press had it well ahead of Obama going on TV, it's just that they all agreed, apparantly, not to announce it even as a rumor ahead of time.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I like the part about washing his body and then dumping him in "WATER" aka ocean

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ok party people, I found the video you desire..

Go to around 8:35 and let it roll from there

edit on 2-5-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

thanks for that vid, after seeing it i dont think there's anything to this, they just had to wait until it was 100%, they said themselves they dont want egg on their faces.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I was watching MSNBC too. It first was a grim announcement then this whole Bin Laden stuff comes on. I mean everybody --everyone was somber, worried and very concerned about the pieces of paper they they were holding. Then they cut to something and when they came back the mood was different, and so was the news.

Very odd.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Thanks so much for posting the video!

So I go "grim" confused with "grave". Either way, "a very grave and serious CIA operation overseas" does not sound like the killing of Osama.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I think by him using the word "Grave" he was merely hinting towards a someone being dead so to speak

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join