It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else watching MSNBC prior the the announcment? "Grim development involving an overseas C

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So I was on ATS when I read that the president would be making an unusual late-night announcement. I went to the TV after gathering my roommates and we watched the whole thing developing. MSNBC was actually commenting on how strange the announcement was while the other MSM channels were still airing their usual programming. The anchors seemed very concerned. Then it got strange.This all happened about fifteen minutes before ANYONE started reporting about Osama.

A dark haired male anchor (don't know his name I rarely watch MSM let alone MSNBC these days) had a small piece of paper he was looking at. The anchor then said something along these lines in one of the most chilling tones I've ever heard on the news:

"No one is telling me I can't report this so I will now say that the President will be announcing that...I'm now being told to hold this announcement though it doesn't say that on this paper."

As he was cut off all of us in the living room started yelling and we were all freaked out. He was staring at the piece of paper and his face looked nothing short of haunting. As he said the last part of the quote it felt as though he was considering saying what he was about to anyways. He didn't, though he went on to say that all they could report right now is that the news involves a "grim" development involving a CIA operation overseas. At that comment my heart was racing and I was sure we were about to get some WORLD CHANGING news.

Then the Osama development came along and me and everyone I was watching it were underwhelmed. The anchor shifted and the original reporter was nowhere to be seen.

The Osama news is not "grim" at all. I know what I heard, as do my roommates. I really hope someone out there was watching MSNBC too and can back me up here.

Did we get the right news? Was Obama wanting to announce something different only to be cut off at the last minute? Why was the announcement delayed for an hour and a half?

edit on 2-5-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by Proctor11 because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Sounds interesting.

I'd really really like to see a video clip, but if what your saying is fact, that will probably never be put on the web or replayed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am impatiently waiting for someone to post this clip...something else is definately going on

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Strange they'd make the announcement past 11 pm, Especially if they have had his body for a couple of days.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I too find it interesting. Something I thought was quite odd while watching Geraldo on Fox News
was that he cut off the guy he was talking to and randomly exclaimed, "Wait!, what if all of this has to do with Osama Bin Laden!"

Sure enough, not too long after that he was handed a slip of paper that said Osama is dead blahdee blah. I honestly think it was insane to hold a press event at that time of night for that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I saw it as well and it wasn't that significant.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

You're entitled to your opinion, but care to explain how the fact that all of this happened some fifteen minutes before anyone brought up Osama and that they used the very specific term "grim" is insignificant?

Alas, glad someone else can back up that this was on MSNBC. Thanks.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChronicNZ

True that... Why after part of the country is likely to be in bed would they announce that BIN Looking was dead.... Especially since a good portion of the country does not believe 9/11 went down the way it was written in history.

+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It was so orchestrated. The whole thing is such BS but unless you are into CT it will fall on deaf ears because people want to believe lies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I saw that! He had an "O.M.g.!" Sound to his voice, and I remember him saying he wasnt told on the paer that he couldnt say it. Matter of fact, he said it in the same words you used. I was scared to go to work (2nd day, lol) because he sounded like it was life changing. And I heard c.i.a used, but my mind gets fuzzy when the start throwing alphabets at me

When I heard it was just obama... I mean osama, I was like, wtf? Really? Give me a break! I could have heard this on the morning news!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The timing of the statement from the President arrived in The Middle East in the daylight on Monday morning.
surgical timing???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
"&$@$(@" please somebody had to have been recording or TiVo or DVR or something! I want to see this

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
How very interesting!

I, too, think that there was going to be something else announced and it was changed at the last minute.

The timing of events today of Obama. himself, the late hour of the announcement, even the place he announced it FROM was very much out of sync with the announcement itself.

And that doesn't even include the fact of the contradiction of statements regarding the time of osama's death (Obama said the attack happened TODAY, everyone else says the attack happened LAST WEEK and the DNA has been confirmed...)

Yeah... something's up and it's not my blood pressure.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I was watching CNN and they were making a big deal out of it...
and I was like...

"Oh my god!! this is gonna be big...
this is gonna rock the world!!!
I'm actually kinda getting scared!!!
oh my god it is about aliens!!!
awesome! it is gonna be aliens!!!"

and...... it was about Osama...

I had the same feeling 10 years ago... When my first real girlfriend broke up with me (actually I broke up with her... cheating ...who... I mean wonderful person, but thats a long story and is neither here nor there...so i'll just say she broke up with me... to save a bit of time
)

I had the same feeling 10 years ago... When my first real girlfriend broke up with me... my first "puppy dog" love... the "love" i had that made me wanna laugh and cry and be giddy as rod Stewart on Acid, tore my heart from my chest... stomped on it, fried it in a skillet, placed it in a blender and added ice, poured it in a glass, added one of those little umbrella's and inserted a straw and sipped a "Broke-My-Heart-Ripped-It-From-My-Chest" Smoothie right in front of my very eyes...

yep, thats what tonight felt like

lol

edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

The timing of the statement from the President arrived in The Middle East in the daylight on Monday morning. surgical timing???

Have a star for being the person with intelligence and denying ignorance . smack on mate, nothing more, in actual fact I reckon that time in the middle east would of been first pray time. someone can work it out, but I live in Western Australia and we got reports at 10.30am that something was happening and got Obama's message at just past 11.30 am, middle east about 5 hours in front, 6 ,30 am in the middle east as the sun is coming up which is first pray time, yep great surgical timing
Wal
edit on 2-5-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey everyone, what do you all think about the possibility of it relating to the nuclear situation in Japan? Just a thought!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
never mind....

edit on 2-5-2011 by exo87 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hey !! I was watching it on Fox and CNN flicking AND YES i had the same feeling like Earth concerning news ! Then Osama dead... Which is ok. But it seemed there was something else going to happen like Alien discloser or an asteroid coming...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Very cute Evo...too funny but I know what you mean. Kind of a let down. That's why I'm kind of surprised in watching the news this am all the people out celebrating in the streets over his death. Totally do not get that, not at all. I mean I could see possibly if you had a loved one at the WTC on 911 being killed and going down there with others to celebrate his death but really, I hardly think one man was responsible for all the terrorism in the world since then. Just not getting this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join