It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefirstrasta
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

An interesting take, sadly the tornadoes are hitting regular people that probably hold similar views to us whilst the big players sit comfortably watching it all unravel and profiting billions - same with 9/11 (depending on your views as to whether it was a conspiracy or not, im yet to decide).

sadly the tornadoes are hitting regular people.

No, just the places where most of the Indian children were massacred when they was put in circles with there families, and genocided by the cowboys, or the blankets of small pox that was given to them as well.

They blow the winds in revenge from the suffering and innocent blood that still replenishes the flowers and grass of the USA.

The soul runs deep.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

That's a bit rude considering I actually took the time to try and read it and then reply to that effect. I have dodgy eyesight and find it extremely difficult to read a large clump of text on a screen. Cheers for the condescending remarks.

That said, the fact you wrote like that in the first place and then bitched about having been "made" to write in a legible fashion speaks volumes. Only 6 year olds write in a single, unbroken block of text. Anyone older should understand the need for correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Ok, lets go through your post now shall we, just so you don't feel left out.

I just have a heard time believing that these are citizens rising up. I believe Egypt and Tunisia were real but I don't buy the Libyan conflct

Why? You believe in two revolutions in two similiar countries either side to this one, but think the Libyan one is faked? That makes no sense, so elaborate.

But beheading the guy and using his head as a trophy, waving it around to a cheering crowd just speaks terrorists to me.

Because you've been conditioned to believe terrorists cut people's heads off? I'd cut some tosspots head off if he was shooting at me and my loved ones, no question. After I'd fed him his own bollocks, that is.

Around 25% of foreign fighters in Iraq come from there, more than any other foreign country.

Link? This "fact" is bandied around alot, but it only seems the "anti-Gaddafi" crowd have to furnish evidence to back up our claims, whereas you Gaddafi fan-boys just have to say something for it to be fact.

I'm not claiming Ghaddafi is a saint but I think that he is most likely a better leader than anyone the rebels would install

Based on what information and analysis, or is this just a "gut feeling"?

If the rebels win, mark my words Libya will become another Somalia and the people will have a much poorer standard of living than they had under ghaddafi.

As above.... Based on what, exactly? Do you even know the types of people that in the TNC?They have Doctors, engineers, businessmen.. All the types of people that can get the country up and running again. Libya cannot be anohter Somalia because it started off with a well-educated population with modern aspirations. After this is over, Libya will recover quicker than Iraq.

I mean they have free education,(even overseas the government will pay, no tuition fees)universal healthcare and if a Libyan is injured overseas requiring surgery the government will pay for it, subsidized housing, interest free housing loans,

Free education and healthcare are actually the norm for most developed or half-developed countries, with only a few being exceptions. Repatriation is something most Governments will do as well, same with housing and interest free loans. I can get all of what you claim Libya is so "enlightened" for right here in the UK.

None of what you are citing is evidence of anything other than a modern, developed state. That doesn't, however, precldue the fact the Government has no problem crushing desent, shooting protestors and denying basic Human rights.

I am aware of the public executions and don't agree with them but do we know what they were charged with..were they terrorists maybe?

Political opponents, dissidents and other anti-regime elements. Anyone who dares protest, speak out or even try to defend others charged with similiar offences was arrested, detained and for the "worst offenders", they were executed. This whole thing started over the arrest and detention of a Human Rights lawyer. Remember that?

So yes, if you were a Gaddafi supporter you probably would call these people "terrorists" but that word hardly means anything these days as it is slapped on to anything to make it sound bad.

I also find it strange the rebels had nato weapons from day one even though they claimed they were poorly equipped and had no weapons.

Why? Furnish me with some pics, links or other evidence and we shall see what you mean.

You are aware, presumably as you are so vocal on this subject, that Libya had recently done several arms deals with NATO nations and the rebels aremed themselves with items seized from Government depots.

Also note the Libyan army does not carry the weapons they have due to sanctions so how did they get them?

What does this sentence mean? They don't carry the weapons they have? Sounds contradictory... Explain.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

And some have problems with their vision, so get off your high horse.

Also, what "evidence" has been furnished. That post had none whatsoever, just hear-say.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Wow how selfish your defending the terrorists in east libya because you believe its a real revolution based on what. let me guess because your defending your countries actions agaisnt libya and the fact that mainstream news media is playing a sysops game on all of us by supporting the rebels.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Given that Gaddafi's torturing people, and killing innocent civilians...I really couldn't care less.

And just fyi, the majority if Muslims thinks Gaddafi's a bit of a joke

edit on 1-5-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Gaddafis torturing people and the cigarette makers kill 10million a year.

Who’s the real terrorist?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow you guys are just propaganda nuts huh? All of you, both sides.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OK so how many rebels are there,the best figure i could find was around 5,000...just 5k,and these guys are armed to the teeth,and have a central banking system in place,and selling oil to china already....like WTF

now there is 7 million libyans..surely this should ring alarm bells,that something not right here ?

edit on 1-5-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
So US led NATO really are baby killers.
I was wondering if it was true or not, looks like it was.

US-led?

By what standard?

Was it a US missile? a French one?

You seem to have access to inside info. Care to share?

US is the biggest member of nato and the leader of Nato. You know how many children were killed in iraq by USA? Yes baby killers is correct.

Didnt the USA fire the first missle on libya? Then provide air support? Yes USA led.
edit on 1-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I think you may have some info mixed up. We did not strike first, France did. We are not baby killers. The EU has a higher percentage of force in NATO, yet the US is militarily superior. We will always side with the EU. No one will know who killed Gaddafi's son and Grand-kids. It's hide and seek time.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
Oh ok more come from Derna and Tobruk than Benghazi according to your sources but it doesn't change the fact they are coming from eastern Libya near Benghazi (which is where the rebel stronghold is!) And based on foreign fighters per capita, Libya sends twice as much as Saudi Arabia(I'd put the chart on but I'm having problems getting it, it's in the third link) So what exactly is your point? That Tobruk and Derna send more fighters than Benghazi. The fact is that these 3 cities are known to be breeding ground for al qeada and other muslim extremists. Doesn't change what I said

www.huffingtonpost.com...
patdollard.com...
www.donkeylicious.com...
www.marketoracle.co.uk...
www.prophecynewswatch.com...
tarpley.net...

Yes that's according to my source, which must be a rather good one considering that most of your sources are using it as a source as well. Your links basically cherry-picked what they wanted from my source and added a hell of a lot of spin.

The impression that you’re trying to give is that the “rebel stronghold” is infested with al-Qaeda. Have you ever been there? Saying that Eastern Libya is a “breeding ground” for religious extremists is incredibly misleading. There are more extremists there than in the rest of Libya, that’s the fact that you’re looking for.

Mr al-Hasidi, the “rebel leader” as your article puts it, leads the defence of Derna. He is a very low level commander. In another interview, he said that his men aren’t terrorists, that he isn’t an extremist and that no-one would follow him if he was an extremist.

For an organisation that are supposed to be terrorists, there is a remarkable lack of terror attacks wouldn't you say? If you had ever been to Eastern Libya or spoken to anyone who has lived there, then you’d know that it is bloody ridiculous to suggest that religious extremists are anything but a very small minority that is despised by the majority.

This "they're all terrorists" bollocks stems from the Sinjar Records, which lists a grand total of 112 Libyans scraped from a population of millions. The argument doesn't wash I'm afraid.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Don't forget to mention how our country eats baby seals, and rapes puppies.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
All I am saying is there is some strange uprissing synchronicity occuring in the middle east.

Odd isnt it?

www.puppet99.com...

Reporting on material from Wikileaks, The Telegraph (Islamic Finance Key To Ensuring London As Top Financial Center) reported that Robert Tuttle, the then US ambassador to the Court of St. James in London as stating “Should London successfully position itself as a leading Islamic finance center, it could gain an edge on New York, when the global financial markets recover. . . . Prospects for growth from a Standard & Poor forecast [see above], assesses the [Islamic Finance] industry to potentially contain up to $4 trillion of assets. Other estimates put growth figures even higher, since Muslims account for 20 percent of the world population. Presently only about 1 percent of global financial assets are controlled under finance compliant with Islamic law.”

Islamic banking is not yet established in North Africa (except in Sudan) and Egypt where large Muslim populations represent a very lucrative opportunity for Islamic banking in these emerging economies. “However, despite the current poor climate, the potential for Islamic banking in Egypt is huge,” states Executive Magazine (Feb 8 2011), “ … Clearly Islamic banks in the Gulf are already anticipating the day when their home markets are saturated. And it appears that Egypt will be on the next front-line in the development of regional Islamic banking and finance.”

“African countries such as Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia and Sudan are keen on future sukuk exercises (issuing Islamic bonds),” [International Finance Review (Reuters), 2008]

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by stumason

those links you posted are links to wikipedia,thats the most unreliable source on the net...

Not, it isn't. Because the articles I provided are sourced and you can check every one. But then you call the sources into question because it's the "MSM" and they're "faking it"...

Basically, I went for the Wiki because it had a wide variety of sources you can check on your own, rather than me scouring the net for many sources only for you to slam then anyway as "faked", wasting my time completely.

You obviously didn't even read my post, or the artilce or even check the sources. And apparently I am the one who doesn't know anything.

Lose-lose when arguing with you lot. No amount of evidence is good enough, unless it supports the fact Gaddafi is simply fantastic and NATO bugger babies while muching on the fried skin of raped women.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes! Also search for, "al qaeda cheif heading for misrata," Abdelhakim al-Hasari is his name and the Libyan government made a statement saying this and said that nato knows about it because they have been watching our waters so if we know it they know it. www.adnkronos.com... < Theres the link to one of the websites carrying the story

therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com... < Read that one it tells you the life of one of rebels named Abdul Monem Muktar Mohammed who was killed in Libya while leading a convoy of 200 vehicles west. It talks about how he had to climb towers to use a phone to call back to benghazi who would then call nato to call in the attacks.
articles.latimes.com...
edit on 1-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: I noticed the 2nd link wasn't working so I put in another one with the same article and provided another link below

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Saif al-Arab and three of Col Gaddafi's grandchildren died at a villa in the Bab al-Aziziya compound, he said.

And the mortals wonder why tornadoes and catastrophic events are happening in the USA.

I HOPE WHEN THE NEXT 911 HAPPENS PEOPLE WONT BE ASKING WHY THE MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING…ITS ONLY RIGHT !

‘EYE FOR AN EYE’

KARMA…IS A BITCH !

Well this time 911 wont happen in the US so you and your Muslim friends can celebrate that. To celebrate any loss of life in totally inappropriate. I doubt you speak for all Muslims. I'm Christian but wouldnt crack open a bottle of Chambord and start partying if you got shot.
edit on 1-5-2011 by wonderworld because: spelling

MUSLIM>>> ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

I RESPECT A MUSLIM...NEVER!

The Mother of all Mothers, ‘The mother of all life’ is my belief, I dare not believe in a race, culture, religion that DARES NOT GIVE the woman her proper ’freaking’ respect she is well deserved to have

HOW DARE YOU TALK TO THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE MOTHER LIKE THAT?

I speak on the innocents, and innocent blood spilled, I dare not lower myself to the mortal’s pitiful excuse for killing under gods name under a religion.

I only deal in reality, that’s it, that’s all.

Mortals !

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So Japan was full of Pure hate?

What about Haiti? Must have been super mega hate?

Indonesia?

Ranked in terms of Hate?
1. Indonesia over 230,000 dead (2004)
2. Haiti over 220,000 dead (2010)
3. Myanmar 140,000 dead (2008)
4. China 68,000 dead (2008)
5. Russia 56,000 (2010)
6. Iran 26,000 dead (2003)
7. India 19,000 dead (2001)
8. Japan 18,000 dead (2011)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

It's all the same over there, they just have a PTB that's a little different than the west.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow you guys are just propaganda nuts huh? All of you, both sides.

I don’t mean to appear intellectually challenged but why so much about propaganda. Yes the media shows us what they want us to see but if we can look at what little facts we know, it’s sure worth the conversation to make sense of this war. Our leaders are making choices that we will all live with. It comes down to humanity and the causes set forth to accomplish it or destroy it. Is oil getting that low. I think we can all agree we will be out of oil in 60 years but I don’t want the blood of civilians on my conscience. You have been very informative. Why the change of heart?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yea I'm sorry I got carried away, some people are talking about tornadoes and rebels that don't exist.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Again you took that from a western news press, news article.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

So your telling me these officers, some who fled to the US others who were pardoned, were not part of the coup?

Who did it then? Magical CIA robot clone fairies?

There have to be people on the ground in the government for a coup to work.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Don't forget to mention how our country eats baby seals, and rapes puppies.

And dogs and children and the world,and the happy way of life that was suppose to be for the humans upon your earth.
It is what it is'

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join