It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I am pretty sure the arabs got their revenge when they attacked on 9-11, with the aid and support of the usa government. Its the only way they could of known who planned it and arrested everyone within a week of the trajedy.

Normally a good investigation takes months, if not years to complete.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Saif al-Arab and three of Col Gaddafi's grandchildren died at a villa in the Bab al-Aziziya compound, he said.

And the mortals wonder why tornadoes and catastrophic events are happening in the USA.

I HOPE WHEN THE NEXT 911 HAPPENS PEOPLE WONT BE ASKING WHY THE MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING…ITS ONLY RIGHT !

‘EYE FOR AN EYE’

KARMA…IS A BITCH !

Well this time 911 wont happen in the US so you and your Muslim friends can celebrate that. To celebrate any loss of life in totally inappropriate. I doubt you speak for all Muslims. I'm Christian but wouldnt crack open a bottle of Chambord and start partying if you got shot.
edit on 1-5-2011 by wonderworld because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Well first of all the living conditions in each of those countries. I watched the Egyptian protests happen and they were peaceful people who gathered in a square and camped out. This is an armed conflict. The people of Egypt were always about peace first and they numbered in the millions. Do I really need to explain this like cmon man

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Given that Gaddafi's torturing people, and killing innocent civilians...I really couldn't care less.

Spoken like a warmonger sheep, and why aren't the western news reporters the crimes committed by these so called rebels? and yet the media only reports the unapproved reports of civilians killed by Gaddafi?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Ok, I'll try but as you can appreciate, information on exact numbers is hard to come by. I'll post these two wiki articles which do a decent job of summing up the available information in one place.

First of all, we have this wiki page on the Free Libyan Army

Here is a general article about the War, giving good background to the build up and action so far.

Both these wiki articles are wideley sourced from a variety of places, be it the BBC, Reuters or Al Jazeera, before anyone moans.. I have checked most of the sources myself to be sure they are "reputable" hence why it has taken me a while to do this post. Feel free to go through the source articles if you don't believe me though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Exactly. NO mention of the black workers massacred by the rebels. Of course that wouldn't go along with the whole sympathy for the rebels campaign the MSM has going on

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Well, they do control 2 major airfields and some cities in eastern Libya, so there has to be more than a few of them. This is not totally a made up scheme.

When did they gain control of said airports and cities? I was under the impression, and I could be wrong, that the reason Britain and France began screaming for a no fly zone was that Gaddfis people were easily stomping them out.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yea and his dead son covered in a Gaddafi flag.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Brigadier General Néstor González González
Rear Admiral Molina Tamayo
Guaicaipuro Lameda
Luis Miquilena, Minister of Interior and Justice
General Efraín Vásquez Velasco, head of the army
General Alberto Camacho Kairuz
General Lucas Rincón Romero, Minister of Defense

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

wikipedia for real? and as if al jazeera, the BBC and who ever else you mentioned doesn't fabricate their news. I heard on al jazeera last night that they were questioning the authenticity that his son was killed. They said he lied when he said that Reagan killed his daughter in a bombing. It was his adopted daughter. It doesn't mean he was lying. Adopted or not it's still his daughter.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

those links you posted are links to wikipedia,thats the most unreliable source on the net...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Well first of all the living conditions in each of those countries. I watched the Egyptian protests happen and they were peaceful people who gathered in a square and camped out. This is an armed conflict. The people of Egypt were always about peace first and they numbered in the millions. Do I really need to explain this like cmon man

Maybe your analysis is correct. All I am saying is there is some strange uprissing synchronicity occuring in the middle east. People are forgetting about israel....which is good, and focusing on changing their own government!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yea they were about to enter Benghazi and end the whole thing. Now they can't move because nato bombs every pro ghaddafi target they see. Everyday we hear reports of dozens of vehicles, armored personal carriers and tanks being destryoed by nato airstrikes. It's kind of hard to move when you got these rebels just waiting to phone in the strikes

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

True they control Benghazi and a port city with a oil refinery (what is the name?) south of that. As you can guess, NATO moved in to keep the oil refinery in the rebels control. I am unsure though, have Gaddafi forces taken back control of this port city. Hold on I will look up the name.

Al Burayqah is the name of the city I am talking about.

Libya Map:

Also, the rebels control Al Bayda I believe.

reply to post by Canadianpride420

It is not Benghazi, the town above is what I think you are talking about, right? A few months ago, a Gaddafi tank column was moving towards this oil refinery town, that is one of those days when NATO did a lot of strikes on Libya, to secure the oil. Am I right?
edit on 1-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Sorry, I couldn't read your post as it was a large block of text. I am not very good at reading stuff if it isn't broken down into paragraphs, my apologies.

That said, I have tried to read what you have said and I do think I have covered off most points previously. If you would care to break your post down, if you feel you want me to answer, I would be happy to oblige a response.

I think it's similar to chatting in an instant message. Sometimes we dont use appropriate grammer like using A prepositional phrase, comma, we just use internet lingo, which can sometimes be difficult when one paragraph blends in to the 4th one. At least on ATS we don’t have to worry about it. Huh? I even looked back from last night and saw my spelling errors but too late to edit them. It is sometimes easier to break down each comment we want to answer, rather than quoting the entire post. I still agree to disagree with you though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

And the mortals wonder why tornadoes and catastrophic events are happening in the USA.

Do you also believe that the stock market could cause an earthquake? Otherwise I can't quite make out how a tornado is in any way related to an uprising in Libya, and would love to hear how.

We have a system of mapping when it comes to the blood of the innocents.

The exact same number of innocents that are killed across seas 'causalities of war'
Are the exact same numbers that are killed over here?

Whether by tornado, flood, car accidents, killings, mass shootings, airplanes crashing etc.

So when you here of these unexplained catastrophic phenomena and miss haps, they was most likely the same ones that laugh at the occupation and felt it was right for a pen and piece of paper ‘casualties of war’ to justify a humans life.

Might be funny to the flesh, but not funny to the soul.

By the way tornadoes only are for the states that are pure of hate.
Hate brings death…period !

3 grandchildren.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Agreed. It does look like a synchronized revolution taking place all over the middle east. But I have yet to see millions of hundreds of thousands protest in Libya. They are not camping out like they did in Egypt and are doing in Yemen and like they tried to do in Bahrain. Also Egypt was a huge ally of the US and Isreal and Mubarak was a corrupt leader who took most of the aid being given to him. Many in Egypt had no running water and were very poor. Tunisia is similar. Libya on the other hand is a very rich country and compared to the rest of Africa is like heaven. Why do you think so many migrant workers worked in Libya. For a chance at a good life

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Maybe your analysis is correct. All I am saying is there is some strange uprissing synchronicity occuring in the middle east. People are forgetting about israel....which is good, and focusing on changing their own government!

There is a concern in Israel that American resources that should be reserved to counterbalance Iran are being used in Libya, but still there is enough American power to go around.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Again you took that from a western news press, news article.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You mean this? And there are dozens more to choose from. Apparently the rebels are large in number when they want to make the uprising look popular, but vastly out numbered when they want to appeal to masses to send in more support.

Its the new math.

tucsoncitizen.com...

The rebels are outnumbered 10-1, they said, and barely 1,000 rebel fighters have military training. NATO airstrikes, despite degrading the Libyan military by 25%, are not coordinated with the disorganized rebel offensives. There’s no predicting how long toppling Gadhafi might take, nor is that outcome guaranteed.

So now, according to various reports, the CIA has put operatives into Libya, and NATO is considering arming the rebels despite the disquieting history of Afghanistan, where the U.S. armed fighters against a Soviet invasion only to see them turn into today’s enemy, the Taliban.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join