It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
reply to post by MikeboydUS

(today) Norwegian Minister of defense Grete Faremo: "NATO has flown just over four thousand quests and 1750 before the weekend was against ground targets. Norway has flown 266 of these, and we have also released a little more than 240 bombs."

I'm impressed. 266 out of 4000 for just Norway. Now if we can get numbers for Denmark and Sweden. I'm curious about how many sorties the Scandinavians as a whole have flown.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

What I meant by being less knowledgeable on the subject was my drawing of american history on such things as Cuba etc. ,and any errors i may have made there, as it is not really taught in our schools unless as a specification (although from what I gather the american education system is largely biased and to a degree indoctrinating). I am fully aware of the UKs participation and the real powers behind the decisions being made foreign policy wise, I refer to John Dewey "Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business". Hope this clears up what I meant.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Until NATO says who dropped the bomb, I highly doubt Gaddafi would know who flew the planes that dropped the bomb on his son's house. There is no guarantee it was Italian or British jets.

I would not be surprised if it was Italy responding to Gaddafi, but I also have a gut feeling it was one of those Viking nations at it again. (Norway, Sweden, or Denmark)

I hear it's almost certain it was British jets.
Blood sacrifice for their satanic Royal weddings probably. Lots of people were saying that something bad would happen close to it and it would involve the murder of children.
edit on 1-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thefirstrasta

Actually Cuba came out pretty well considering what Kennedy's military advisers were suggesting. What do you mean? You are talking about the bay of pigs right?

If the public (AKA free for the most of the year) education system in America is biased, I didn't see it. More like its underfunded and uncared for.
edit on 1-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
www.youtube.com...

Heres a video above showing how the rebels have had nato weapons from day one. Weapons that the Libyan army does not have. They are also brand new
edit on 1-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

I bet they came from Egypt.

Sadly most of the rebels can't use them effectively, hence why military advisors from the UK, Italy and France are headed there.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Until NATO says who dropped the bomb, I highly doubt Gaddafi would know who flew the planes that dropped the bomb on his son's house. There is no guarantee it was Italian or British jets.

No, no guarantee. We will just have to wait and see who, if anyone, takes credit.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914
reply to post by Equinox99

great so we let someone else kill him? lets face it either way he dies so screw the code for a sec. and lets see who gets him
I do feel bad though for the kids and other casualties but Gaddafi. give me a half a sec to think.....nop blow his a$$ up!!!!
edit on 1-5-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: profanity lol

I'm sorry but you nor I can make the decision for that country. I understand human rights violations and killing protesters but China did that not too long ago, Syria is doing that, Iran did that, Yemen is doing the same thing, Somalia, Rowanda, and etc. But is it a coincidence that Libya is home to one of the top 10 oil deposits in the world?

And if Gaddafi dies you don't know who will replace him or the power vacuum that will be left. You will have many tribes and cities fighting one another because their leader has been removed from power. We would have no choice but to bring troops in to secure and spread democracy to their oil fields.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Look at the pictures of the supporters, and the pictures of the rebels. And count them.

Illusions - I have a few questions

how many people do you think you would have been able to count rising up against - oh, let's pick someone very obvious - let's say Stalin?

Libya is not America - right? Let's at least agree on this much.

You keep using the argument that Gaddaffi has the support of his people - but all you have to go on is the same clips we all have - nothing more - nothing less. It's nothing but your opinion that he has that support - not actual evidence. Those clips - the 'sea' of green singing his praises - how many people is that - exactly? Can you get a good count?

And all of it in Tripoli. That doesn't raise any flags for you?

How many people can you quote - who are on the record as having said they think the man is a great leader - and that they love and support him? I would be interested to see how many you could come up with if you went looking - and who you would be quoting. And then - doing a fair and objective search - how many you might find from people - through the years mind you - that have spoken out against him.

I'm talking about his own people - not the U.S., not Europe - his people.

You keep insisting that the footage of the rebels is fake - but you don't know that - you believe it.

Yet, the crowds you see supporting him - that you're also willing to believe. You can't know that in reality they do support him.

Interesting.

I've known some Libyans - let's just say I've heard some accounts - personal accounts - of what goes on in that country.

If we here - in this land that you and I both love - had had a different history than the one we've had - a life living under a brutal dictator that stole your relatives in the night - that hung people in the center of town as a warning - and then left them there to rot - that put people in prison for essentially saying anything other than what he will permit you to say - how out in the open do you think you would be willing to be with your opinions?

How many people in any of these towns do you think feel free to voice their opinions, let alone openly rebel?

Tripoli? Those people are screwed.

Support of the army - what does that prove exactly? The Nazis, Stalin - criminy - pick anyone - they all had armies.

You've made it no secret that you're a patriot. If this country had had a different history - and we as a people decided to rise up against injustice and brutal oppression, you would be on the front lines. You still willing to say - to hell with the rebels - they deserve what they get for going against their leader?

What exactly do you think a revolution is?

These people did not get to vote

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No problem. Its just one of my goals in life to do my best to undo the "divide and conquer" scheme the economic elite have been playing with the masses for centuries. Its so easy to screw us when we are focused on each other, and who is right, who is wrong, who is the bad guy, when in fact the bad guys are playing us all.

We just need to wise up and look up to see who is pulling the strings rather than simply focusing on the puppets.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
wow nobody can respond to my previous post? So much for supporting your troops and their families!

I've got a message board full of worried wives and dependants and we don't know what's going on other than what we can find online thus far... its after midnight here, most husbands are gone, and we are just waiting on pins and needles to see what tomorrow brings.
I believe it was a danish plane, that is what I heard anyway, no hard evidence to speak of. But anyway... carry on.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

No problem. Its just one of my goals in life to do my best to undo the "divide and conquer" scheme the economic elite have been playing with the masses for centuries. Its so easy to screw us when we are focused on each other, and who is right, who is wrong, who is the bad guy, when in fact the bad guys are playing us all.

We just need to wise up and look up to see who is pulling the strings rather than simply focusing on the puppets.

Yessir star for you, lets all read that again. Especially Americans.

Take heed:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Make no mistake, you are being expertly controlled. Even here, in this venue that should be beyond the puppet masters' strings, we have succumbed to the subtle manipulations of thought and reason. Instead of looking in agner toward the puppet masters, you yell at the puppets.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's right, I quoted your master. In his benevolence he doesn't even know how to SPELL anger.
edit on 1-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Italy and Libya have a bad history. Gaddafi most likely was furious with Italy after it decided to join the bombing plus the choice to send military advisors to help the rebels couldn't have helped.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by stumason

You seem to have a good knowledge of events in Libya so i'm sure you know that eastern Libya is an al qeada breeding ground, particularily Benghazi(which is the rebel stronghold).

No, particularly Derna and Tobruk.

Around 25% of foreign fighters in Iraq come from there, more than any other foreign country.

According to the Sinjar Records, 19% came from Libya and 41% came from Saudi Arabia. 60% of Libyan fighters came from Derna and only 24% from Benghazi, despite a massive difference in population. What is your source?

The opposition could do with some more of the fanatical extremist types, they would actually be getting something done. Perhaps Gaddafi has a few more LIFG members lying around that he wants to release from his prisons, as long as they promise to be good. That would be helpful.

Originally posted by spacebot
I hear it's almost certain it was British jets.
Blood sacrifice for their satanic Royal weddings probably. Lots of people were saying that something bad would happen close to it and it would involve the murder of children.

That was brilliant.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's not a black and white situation.

Clearly Khadaffi has support from many people in Libya.

Just look at this recent public speech on a public place in Tripoli by his daughter Aisha:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2011 by Shades1035 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
but honestly this reminds me of the CIA Coup against Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, in 2002
There are alot of things that are very similar.

Back then in Venezuela the usa too did use the so called opposition protests and even rebels, but in the end Hugo Chavez had the peoples support.

As for in libyas case it will happen in a similar for Gaddafi.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I am not solely referring to the bay of pigs however that is an important event. I am more so highlighting the atrocious acts Washington committed in Cuban in an attempt to destabilize the country past the point of the bay of pigs even up to 1996 in which trade embargos blocked even essential things such as medicine and food, which the World Health Organisation concluded that 'the embargo had severe health effects, and only Cuba's remarkable health care system had prevented a "humanitarian catastrophe".
I am also referring to such events as "machine-gun attacks" on a spanish-cuban tourist hotel, attacks on fishing boats, embassies, and cuban offices overseas, and the bombing of a cuban airliner killing all 73 passengers. Although they were caused by a terrorist group based in Miami, it is clear who was behind their funding when cuban intelligence gave the fbi dossiers about what they believed was a miami based terrorist network - all of which had been compiled by cubans who had infiltrated the groups. This resulted in the FBI arresting the cuban infiltrators and serving them lengthy prison sentences.

To get back on topic as a result of such injustices i find it difficult to accept the mentality of accusing foreign countries for being "the bad guy" when really it seems we are similarly guilty of even larger crimes.

As for my criticism of american schooling it is merely based on what I have read on this site, so I apologise as I recognise this is not exactly a credible source haha. Hope I answered your queries.
edit on 1-5-2011 by thefirstrasta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
When exactly are we going to stop this NWO-run tyranny in Washington?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
but honestly this reminds me of the CIA Coup against Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, in 2002
There are alot of things that are very similar.

How in the world is this anything like that?

I don't remember any UN resolution, France being gung ho, NATO bombing Venezuela for over a month or Chavez killing thousands of his own people.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Its a western coup.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Exactly and just like you said these same people complain how they are giving all this information and no one will listen to them. When I'm wrong I admit to it at least and I'm still young and have lot's to learn. To see people who have been on this forum for many years act that way is surprising to say the least when the websites motto is deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join