It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
We were talking about it here, but then you seemed to imply criticizing our actions over there were somehow America bashing.

I have never and WILL never give up on America, we just seem to disagree in that fighting for America means you have to shut up and support whatever the foreign interests who are taking over my country have us do.

I think you might be misunderstanding me. This is getting a bit off topic, so do you mind if I quote and link to another more appropriate thread? I already have some picked out to revive.

Continue?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why can't we just love one another? So much violence all the time and then we celebrate it throughout the media.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

most of these wars in which we participate have been invitations or a plee for help.

Where you and I might disagree is that in the case of Libya, I do not believe that it was a legitimate plea for help from the majority of the Libyan people.

I think it was a band of what WE would call, (if they were in America) subversives who wanted to overthrow the majority supported government, and I believe that self interested multinational bankers and corporatists convinced them, (in the wake of more popular uprisings in the mid east) that they could topple Gaddafi with their help. I think they helped this small group of what we would call "subversives" if they were in America, (or even "domestic terrorists") get their message out by providing access to film and media.

I dont believe we are "helping" the majority of the Libyan people. You may believe differently, and thats ok. But I have never from the beginning bought this particular uprising as anything other than a small group of malcontents being exploited by economic interests to lure "the west" into military action that will further the ends of said economic interests.

The evidence does not seem credible to me.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

great so we let someone else kill him? lets face it either way he dies so screw the code for a sec. and lets see who gets him
I do feel bad though for the kids and other casualties but Gaddafi. give me a half a sec to think.....nop blow his a$$ up!!!!
edit on 1-5-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: profanity lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's a damn shame the predators could be more accurate.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was just about to write some hogwash; making a point of that the photos of the bombed residential home did not look much residential....

....but just now there are coming in lots of unconfirmed twits about Gaddafi bombing Misrata with chems!!

link   
It's very possible that I missed the reply, but did anyone ever find out who order the strike and who carried it out?

Thanks.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Konah

CNN is also reporting right now that some of his grandchildren were murdered as well, and that both Gaddafi and his wife were there during the strikes.

Well then, should have launched even bigger strikes... maybe a MOAB would have done the trick...

Now Gaddafi is probably gonna retaliate with a small terrorist attack somewhere in Europe.

And a few hours ago :

# 05:03
Gadhafi calls for negotiations with NATO powers (Reuters)

He got their reply...

And if you didn't know, targeting heads of state for assassination is illegal under international law... Not that he doesn't deserve to die for all his crimes...

If they can kill Qaddafi like that, how long before their invite Kim Jong Il and his son to a NATO country... then put a bullet in their heads?

Trump in 2013... Hello Kim Jong Il! Welcome! BAM! YOU'RE FIRED!

edit on 30-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

It's not illegal if they wear a military uniform and claim to part of the military, as in "Colonel" Gadhafi.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by mrjones7885
The only reason they want him dead is because of the oil companies. Libya has oil... not as much as other places but Gaddafi nationalizes his oil... The sisters don't like that

Gadaffi has extensive contracts with Western oil companies.

The facts dont fit your theory.

Do you deny he nationalizes his oil? That is a fact my friend. Western oil companies have their hands in everything so that's not saying much.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

Exactly and if your a citizen in Libya you get some of the proft deposited in your bank account. My country sure as heck doesn't do that

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I thought it was the ghost of saddam hussein and the easter bunny that did the air strike using santas sleigh.

This is how serious you should take disinformational psychological operations. They hate it when you can see them.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
Why can't we just love one another? So much violence all the time and then we celebrate it throughout the media.

I think that is a beautiful idea, to just love one another. You should really start a thread about that. I tried once making mine called "Stop the Hatred" but got bashed by a bunch of people of every ethnic group and religious group on the planet. It wasnt dull, to say the least.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

My point is, we shouldnt wait until Gaddafi falls and the Libya the majority of the people there want is destroyed. We should demand an end to it now.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

most of these wars in which we participate have been invitations or a plee for help.

Where you and I might disagree is that in the case of Libya, I do not believe that it was a legitimate plea for help from the majority of the Libyan people.

I think it was a band of what WE would call, (if they were in America) subversives who wanted to overthrow the majority supported government, and I believe that self interested multinational bankers and corporatists convinced them, (in the wake of more popular uprisings in the mid east) that they could topple Gaddafi with their help. I think they helped this small group of what we would call "subversives" if they were in America, (or even "domestic terrorists") get their message out by providing access to film and media.

I dont believe we are "helping" the majority of the Libyan people. You may believe differently, and thats ok. But I have never from the beginning bought this particular uprising as anything other than a small group of malcontents being exploited by economic interests to lure "the west" into military action that will further the ends of said economic interests.

Yes , I have read your posts and we do disagree on a few things. What basically comes to mind was seeing that one individual Rebel say he would hand sew each of our 50 stars on our flag and plant it in their soil if we rushed to help.

You are correct that the rebels are not the majority, unless it’s like Saddam Hussein where the people were in fear for their life if they opposed him. It’s hard to say but I don’t think it’s up to the US to try and read minds. There is a lot more benefits for other countries than for the Rebels or Insurgents, whichever you might call them..

I guess we agree on the credibility of the evidence. I thought the first move on Iraq was weird but this one takes the cake!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Colonialism in Humanitarian clothing. The disguise of the 20th and now 21st century.

The world is intertwined, cooperation takes effort; killing is easy.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by wonderworld

My point is, we shouldnt wait until Gaddafi falls and the Libya the majority of the people there want is destroyed. We should demand an end to it now.

Yes this should stop now, then what to do with Gaddafi? Have him agree to provide Amnesty to the Rebels? I wish it were that simple. Those in power are not willing to give up the benefits. There is a strong force driving this mission. What would you suggest? I'm curious.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

I think that is a beautiful idea, to just love one another. You should really start a thread about that. I tried once making mine called "Stop the Hatred" but got bashed by a bunch of people of every ethnic group and religious group on the planet. It wasnt dull, to say the least.

Until all people believe it in their hearts what can we do besides set an example of love? I am sorry that happened to you. If a small community like ATS isn't ready for peace, how can the world be?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What basically comes to mind was seeing that one individual Rebel say he would hand sew each of our 50 stars on our flag and plant it in their soil if we rushed to help.

And I understand how that would make someone want to help them. But. If I appealed to China to help me overthrow the US and offered to weave the cloth of their flag by hand, would you want them to do as I asked?

One person, or even a few hundred people, do not have the legitimate right to call for other nations to bring war, and death, and economic destruction down on millions of people.

You are correct that the rebels are not the majority, unless it’s like Saddam Hussein where the people were in fear for their life if they opposed him.

And the question becomes, does any country have the right to go in and help a small minority. A TINY minority in this case, who have ties to known terrorists, overthrow the government the majority of the people want? For me, that answer is no.

I guess we agree on the credibility of the evidence. I thought the first move on Iraq was weird but this one takes the cake!

It was more than weird. We went to war based on a series of lies that time too. And a lot of us knew it at the time, too, but were shouted down by those who bought the story. Many of whom, even in the face of overwhelming evidence STILL try to pretend our action in Iraq were justified.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
I thought it was the ghost of saddam hussein and the easter bunny that did the air strike using santas sleigh.

This is how serious you should take disinformational psychological operations. They hate it when you can see them.

Well, they rushed in at night, no they dont want to be seen. I'm still curious which coalition warplane did the hit on the compound. It surely wasn’t Estonia or Latvia.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes this should stop now, then what to do with Gaddafi? Have him agree to provide Amnesty to the Rebels? I wish it were that simple. Those in power are not willing to give up the benefits. There is a strong force driving this mission. What would you suggest? I'm curious.

I suggest we hold our politicians accountable for this. And I personally do not care WHAT Gaddafi does with the rebels. If a group of a few hundred people tried to overthrow the government of the US, what would you do with them? What do you think WE would do with them? And in light of that, why should we tell Gaddafi what to do with the people who started a war that has killed many innocents.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join