It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nato strike

www.bbc.co.uk

A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gadaffi, a government spokesman has said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
# just got real, hes going to retaliate for this, who wants a bet?
I think now he will throw his dummy out the pram and use his mustard gas, anyone else thinking the same?
just like he retaliated when one of his daughters got murdered
i 100% think this is the end of the line
and he said he will go to war with italy, maybe this was the reason why, maybe this news has been delayed somewhat???

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
CNN is also reporting right now that some of his grandchildren were murdered as well, and that both Gaddafi and his wife were there during the strikes.

This was via television, pending article on CNN and AJE.

UPDATE: Aljazeera English report

And NATO / United States say that he isn't a target, they are just "helping the rebels". Utter rubbish.

edit on 4/30/2011 by Konah because: including source

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I think your avatar illustrates what could happen quite nicely.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Damnnn.. Missed... Oh well, there is always tomorrow

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

CNN is also reporting right now that some of his grandchildren were murdered as well, and that both Gaddafi and his wife were there during the strikes.

Well then, should have launched even bigger strikes... maybe a MOAB would have done the trick...

Now Gaddafi is probably gonna retaliate with a small terrorist attack somewhere in Europe.

And a few hours ago :

# 05:03
Gadhafi calls for negotiations with NATO powers (Reuters)

He got their reply...

And if you didn't know, targeting heads of state for assassination is illegal under international law... Not that he doesn't deserve to die for all his crimes...

If they can kill Qaddafi like that, how long before their invite Kim Jong Il and his son to a NATO country... then put a bullet in their heads?

Trump in 2013... Hello Kim Jong Il! Welcome! BAM! YOU'RE FIRED!

edit on 30-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Konah

Well then, should have launched even bigger strikes... maybe a MOAB would have done the trick...

Now Gaddafi is probably gonna retaliate with a small terrorist attack somewhere in Europe.

And a few hours ago :

# 05:03
Gadhafi calls for negotiations with NATO powers (Reuters)

He got his answer.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you are buying all the media hype about this man and think it's okay to murder his grandchildren. You should go educate yourself on what he does and has done for his people, who the rebels are and what they've done, and how the vast majority of the Libyan people support their leader.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

I'm glad you are buying all the media hype about this man and think it's okay to murder his grandchildren.

It's not okay to murder his grand children, but his sons are scum like him.

how the vast majority of the Libyan people support their leader.

Because they are being bombed. The vast majority of Libyans are not in Gaddafi's tribe, they hate his guts for what he has done, he's a totalitarian war criminal.

The rebels are not all like Gaddafi, some of them probably are.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Thank you for the information. This is exactly why I have turned more and more to this site for current news. I already knew that I had time to turn on the tv, go to the bathroom and then wait for this to be on CNN breaking news to get the details. They are saying that he was a civilian. Which could be debated since I believe he was more than happy to be a spokesman. Stating that they would crush the rebels to the last one and blood would run in the streets. Apparently he thought that didn't mean his.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by Vitchilo

The media hipe huh? Go visit lockerbie and say that. Or maybe a trip to mezerahta to share that view and lets time how long your head stays on

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

Sorry, wasnt meant for you Vitchello

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Washington Post has some photos up here.

And yes, hype. The man hates the "West", not his people.

[sarcasm]
But it's totally cool that we assassinate his family, because our government authorized sales of oil from the rebels last week.[/sarcasm]

Also, the POTUS will be speaking soon in a pre-scheduled address, so he will most likely drop a comment on this.
edit on 4/30/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Saif al-Arab was reported by Iranian and other "non western" media as having defected to the rebels, along with the military unit he was sent to Banghazi with.

Now he is dead as a result of a NATO strike on his fathers home?

Hmmm...

Fishy...

+1 more 
link   
WAIT

thought were werent there to kill qaddafi!!!!

goin after his family bunch of gutless coward murdering savages they are.

MURDER FOR OIL!!!

enough with the small fries lets go after saudi arabia if we must they got the worlds largest supply of oil

and we owe saudi arabia a day of reckoning still.

same old tune murder for oil different country different day fire the liar in thief.

link   
NVM..

Wrong thread.
edit on 4/30/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
3 Grandchildren as well. OMG, what is going on.
I know i for one would stop at nothing to avenge my family members being killed. I think we have a rough idea where this will go, no surrender, no retreat aye, or will Gaddafi use this to gain support from Russia etc.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It was claimed that he still has a huge stockpile of mustard gas, do you think he would use it and how do you deploy mustard gas, is it stuck on the end of a missile like a nuke?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Saif al-Arab was considered to be very low profile and was not involved much in Libyan politics so it is kind of a shame that he was killed. It would be interesting to see which country carried out the air strike.

Lets see what the US, Britain, and France say about this and what Gaddafi's response is going to be like.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

so typical of you that you back and support the terrorists (rebels)
i am not surprised

Under the kingdom of libya, (which the idiots rebels want back) the Libyans suffered under there pro western king.

Guess history never changes.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join