It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progress Resupply Craft Spotted Under the International Space Station (April 29, 2011)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tommykidd

Hi TommyKid

This thread, have a read, you might not be crazy, we're all experiencing something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace and love

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 1967sander

Not really the object seems to be travelling in a direction opposite to the way the ISS is going i'm guessing once the object hits the lower atmosphere the drag slows it down significantly compared to the ISS's speed; now that we've found out the object is indeed a resupply craft purportedly

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Wow people debating just to debate, no point in that, Jimbo schooled everyone on the second page. we got the answer, thread close please.

I can understand why people are upset, he is kinda rude but at the same time do you want the run around your Government gives you? probably not. and why is nobody talking about the answers given already?

I don't mind his rudeness since he had the answer, he wasn't just being a richard.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is a U.F.O , but as you also can view, it creates no concern within the com's. , why ? , well perhaps its ours or theirs, in any case, its not approaching the I.S.S. its on a different mission. We are a fly on your wall and that's how we are viewed. Respected, yes, a threat, not for now.
edit on 1-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

The op did not research before posting.
Ats has been infiltrated over the last few years...
Hijacked by the careless and air-headed. 90 percent of threads here are junk.
I have learned.a considerable amount because of ats.
but the knowledge is becoming like oil mixed with water.. And the wisdom is only a dark reflection of itself.

I see people just as jim described... Like infants, incapable of figuring anything out for themselves only because
Their desire to agree with others forces a kind of real and yet false stupidity.
That kind of weakness is for me like an open wound out at sea, and jim was the shark.
I used to speak my mind more... But I learned that people don't generally listen even when the truth
Is revealed. So I do stay quiet and wait.for the wise to show themselves, only revealing myself.for
Specific lessons. And most rarely agree... Which a result I've come to expect and actually
That is the litmus test to determine how right I am... If half the people agree with me, then I am probably wrong.
If none care to agree or disagree, then there is a 90 percent.chance I am right.
and thus you are all most certainly and willingly a part of my experiment to determine wisdom, logic,
and agreeability.

The pain of realization ends with euphoric acceptance
edit on 5/1/2011 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by Kaifan

but the knowledge is becoming like oil mixed with water.. And the wisdom is only a dark reflection of itself.

I see people just as jim described... Like infants, incapable of figuring anything out for themselves only because
Their desire to agree with others forces a kind of real and yet false stupidity.
That kind of weakness is for me like an open wound out at sea, and jim.was the shark.
I used to speak my mind more... But I learned that people don't generally listen even when the truth
Is revealed. So I do stay quiet and wait.for the wise to show themselves, only revealing myself.for
Specific lessons. And most rarely agree... Which a result I've come to expect and actually
That is the litmus test to determine how right I am... If half the people agree with me, then I am probably wrong.
If none care to agree or there is a 90 percent.chance I am right.
and thus you are all most certainly and willingly a part of my experiment to determine wisdom, logic,
and agreeability.

Sorry but I don't know what the point of your post was. Apart from massaging your's and Jim's ego, you did not contribute to the thread subject.

Jim was wrong and has apologised for some of his actions. But you are accusing other members of being weaker and less knowledgeable than yourself.

You obviously don't know any of the members on this thread and like Jim, made baseless assumptions about us. For the reasons I've stated, you are no wiser and intelligent than anyone on ATS.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

The problem is, not everyone automatically knows where to look for information or even realizes that there is indeed a wealth of information out there. That is not stupidity, it's just unknowing. Someone like Jim with the experience he has could as easily as he is acidic, sarcastic and snobbish also be simply a teacher. If he doesn't want to be a teacher than fine, it still hardly excuses his seemingly patholigical need to make people feel stupid. It takes far less energy and creates far less drama just to simply state what something is, if people don't agree well that's on them. People more often than not come to a forum to learn and discuss and should not be ridiculed for their efforts. Lack of decorum is certainly a form of ignorance and probably a worse one than simply not knowing something.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

Poor resolution surrounding most photo's and video's seem to be standard when dealing with UFO's especially in-flight , usually when in transition from hover to motion or changind direction .. I would guess that it has something to do with its propulsion system manipulating the molecules in the atmosphere around the craft. As per the audio portion at the beginning.. was the anomaly explained by a NASA commentator and would trust anyone's explaination coming from NASA. Our brown dwarf will be on our heads before they admitt its enbound!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the "mute effect" seems regular silence to me.

the object doesn't resemble to anything I know. Orb-like satellite maybe? it's clearly being tracked by the ISS, that should mean it's some unexpected object...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

It is not moving correctly with the "space" around it. It "feels" wrong.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
Wow people debating just to debate, no point in that, Jimbo schooled everyone on the second page. we got the answer, thread close please.

I can understand why people are upset, he is kinda rude...

People are aghast that Jim was rude but what was he met with when he said video had been edited to disguise the fact it is a mundane craft, before his supposed rudeness.

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Ps: Jimoberg you should read and watch first than comment. Your comment just made you look stupid.

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I don't appreciate your comment as it is totally off topic. Quit your ranting and focus on the video - not throwing me into some conspiracy editing of it.

(In other words, according to Skywatcher, suggesting it is a mundane craft and that the video is subject to deceptive editing is "ranting" and "off-topic".)

People are so focused on Jim responding to rudeness in-kind, while ignoring the rudeness that started it. It is clear that some believers here have an attitude that it is completely appropriate to be rude to anyone who disagrees with them, and should be considered part of normal rhetoric; but if anyone is rude to them (even in response to their own) it is a terrible social sin.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay
reply to post by Dastardly666

It is not moving correctly with the "space" around it. It "feels" wrong.

Hi chardonnay,

Someone identified the object as a Russian supply craft. I've never had the pleasure of seeing such a craft in space but like you, I found it's movement strange as well. The maker of the video commented how the object changed shape. I suppose one explanation could be that the craft was spinning or turning during it's journey.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Hi,

I don't see the point of your post.

If you go back to page 1, you'll see Jim attacked the OP first and there was no need for it. He then played around, continued being rude, knowing full well what the object was.

I don't know why you and a couple of other posters are condoning his behaviour. Jim apologised because he knew he was wrong.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Jim's right OP. You should do a few more basic checks if you don't want to be part of the problem.

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Dastardly666
So why didn't you mention this in your first post???

Also, how do you know you that the object seen in the video is the Russian cargo ship?

I was hoping the posters wouldn't turn out so helpless,
because I shouldn't be a single-point failure.

However, had you explained yourself properly in your first post, along with the useful advice to the OP, then this would probably have only been a one page thread. The petty arguing has been pretty pointless - you could even argue is part of the problem you mentioned in one of your own posts. Surely the presence on ATS of somebody with your experience and knowledge should only be part of the solution?

If there is a real 'signal' behind the 'noise', as I believe, isn't anyone who increases the noise just decreasing the recognizability of the signal?

Ditto!

If there's an active coverup of SOMETHING, doesn't such gullibility enhance that deceptive campaign and contribute to its contnuing success?

From my point of view, those who tolerate -- or encourage -- the mindless noise are tools, wittingly or halfwittingly, of those who do NOT want the public to understand what's behind this phenomenon.

Blimey, Jim. Three mistakes in a single quote? Very unlike you guys...

If there is a cover up of SOMETHING - a secret non-NASA military presence in space as well as a cover up of strong evidence of an extraterrestrial intelligent species - then tell us more. Surely you know more? Or is it oaths made to 'former' employers that are an issue here?

P.S. Thanks for the ISS docking information.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This thread is becoming silly because some wish to turn this into a 'believer' vs 'non-believer' argument.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by Kaifan

That kind of weakness is for me like an open wound out at sea, and jim was the shark.
If none care to agree or disagree, then there is a 90 percent.chance I am right.
and agreeability.

edit on 5/1/2011 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

Yes the OP didn't research, but also Jim didn't research before speaking, so basically he puts himself into the same group he attacks, you can say the OP is not being wise, but that's ok, we are all learning here by the way, i don't care if someone else says i'm not wise, i'm learning here! stop throwing stones on the road so that i can't move forward, are you afraid i'll get past you? what do you have to say about Jim, do you consider him "wise" ?

He may have knowledge and experience, but wise he is not, those are two completely different things, and if you see him as something he isn't then i have to wonder..

Anyway, the world doesn't turn around you or him or anyone in particular, but he clearly thinks that just because he has been in some places he is on top of everyone else. Meh..

About your 'experiment', you may have lost the way long ago, you just haven't realized yet, or not, but if i were you i would step back a great bit and see if i'm really in a good place, this is not advice, i know you will probably considere me an infant or below you, whatever, but i would do that if i were you.

Anyway, have a nice life. By the way, hiding yourself and only coming out for specific lessons when 'the wise' show up, does that mean you need to be spoon feed the 'knowledge'? does that makes you an infant too? or do you mean you are wise and don't waste your time on low class people who don't deserve to learn what you know? which one it is?

Yet another off topic post
, i think i won't be replying here anymore.

Kai
edit on 1-5-2011 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is a good example of what's wrong with our education system. NO ONE bothers to examine their own beliefs in a critical way any longer. This video is like every other catalyst, those who want it to be proof will find proof, those who want it to be junk will see just that.

Have we all become so narrow minded that we don't even bother to think critically anymore?

This mentality of 'you're wrong and I'm right' is, itself, incorrect. Unless you were there when the video was taken, you have not enough context to say for sure what we see here, so it cannot be totally refuted nor totally confirmed. Take it for what it is: food for thought.

You never know, maybe 'the other guy' is right... Maybe you are right, but if you get to the end of this argument and have not treated each other humanely, it won't matter what the final conclusion was.

Just ask the Middle East.
edit on 1-5-2011 by jimnuggits because: for, like, stuff.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'd say the truths of the skeptics would often taste a lot better, if they wouldn't serve it with such an arrogance. Because that gives their truth a bitter smack and makes it difficult to swallow it...

Think about it - and deny arrogance...

edit on 1/5/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
This thread is becoming silly because some wish to turn this into a 'believer' vs 'non-believer' argument.

I agree...there are quite a few people on here stating that it is a UFO, and others trying to disprove it by saying it is not and let's move on with it.

This shows that evidence brought against the video are NOT compelling enough to support claims of it not being a UFO. Even the mods changed the thread title to something else.

Really people, I am not here to change any views of thought rather focus specifically on the video. Sure the debating is fun, but that is what FORUMS ARE ABOUT. Now if someone really wanted to start a threat in politics within ATS with certain ATS members, then by all means.

Otherwise, keep the comments, evidence, and case points strong. So far I am not convinced the evidence is compelling enough to verdict a no decision for it being a UFO, and vice versa.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'd say the truths of the skeptics would often taste a lot better, if they wouldn't serve it with such an arrogance. Because that gives their truth a bitter smack and makes it difficult to swallow it...

Think about it - and deny arrogance...

edit on 1/5/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

I agree...it is as if they think of themselves as know-it-all gods with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. It is the attitude that drives their credibility down the pipes. As such, whatever evidence they bring up really doesn't become a case for them in convincing believers of a UFO in the video.

I was almost convinced at one point it being a resupply craft, but then I focused back to watching and dissecting the video. Others on here are bringing pictures and videos not related to the video to support their claim, yet, as good as it may be, it cannot disprove of the object in the video. Therefore, we need to find a higher quality video.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join