It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progress Resupply Craft Spotted Under the International Space Station (April 29, 2011)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It looks like the shuttle re-entering the earth?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim...

The fact that so few people agree with your attitude...
is astonishing.

AreThere really so few people in this world that believe
In what is right above their petty feelings?

this is exactly the reason why our governments are
Made of politicians instead of public servants!

Thanks for being an honorable human being Jim.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Why is it people never bother to even question anything anymore....

to the op if you had you taken 10 min to look into this you might have realized this easy to identify. And even i would have posted it but i would have told people what it was. Confusing people either through lack of knowledge or on purpose isnt right.

I question everything hence why I made this thread. If I didn't question this then it wouldn't be interesting. So look, yes, I could go out and do my own research but then that would be out of self interest. I wish to include the interests of others in my research, hence collaborative learning. If you disagree with my logic, that's fine, I can live with that. If you can't, then stay out of making rhetorical posts in threads you could care less about.

To all here at ATS, I made the post with regards to being able to identify the object. Some of you have come forth (EVEN CHANGED THE THREAD TITLE) to disprove the theory of the object in question not being a UFO, rather it being a Russian cargo ship "Progress 42".

I could follow the path of all ye faithful and accept what's evidenced, but then I would once again follow what the "crowd" says. I am grateful for the evidence provided, but I personally am not going to accept what is provided as the end all be all. What we need to do is analyze the video in question rather than bringing OTHER videos which try to disprove it.

Why doesn't anyone try to take close up pictures of the object for analysis? Moreover, why doesn't anyone find a better quality video out there? See, that makes case for a systematic breakdown of the video.

By the way, swinging back and forth with derogatory remarks about people doesn't help with the issue. In fact, it only takes away from the focus of the thread.

Again, thanks for your comments people, keep up the good work. I'll return with some other evidence I have been looking into

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Capture at the 42 second mark, and contrast adjusted and sharpened in Paint.NET.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bb642f0889b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab4bd55f6d15.jpg[/atsimg]

Delta shaped?
edit on 4/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 4/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: "and sharpened"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
First minute is muted because nasa says it's a satellite.
edit on 30-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think you should realize what happened here:

You got fooled, taken in, bamboozled by a YouTube hoax, an intentionally edited video....complete with all the added text and arrows and rhetorical "questions"....all completely designed as a deception.

It is most likely the fact the person who did the editing and posting KNEW what it was!! They were the ones recording, at home, from their own TV, the NASA Channel live feed...on Sat or Cable.

Watch it again...and pay heed to the way you were manipulated...your DESIRE to want a UFO to be there...that desire fed by the crap comments added in text boxes.

Now....multiply that example by several thousand.....over and over again, members on YOUtube (and elsewhere, but mostly there) who also do this....day after day, week after week.....

Anyone can take any normal, mundane event on video, and with proper editing, cause it to be inferred as something else. Just have to remove the context...the REAL context, and make up your own....voila!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You're right Weedwhacker. Hoaxes should be more like the real thing.

Star.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander

The camera appears to be static, so the object is cruising at the same speed as the ISS. 17,000 miles per hour?
This cannot be an aircraft and space debris seems very unlikely. So only option left we are dealing with a UFO.

Greetz,

Sander

And it changed from cylindrical to round, turned brighter colored and moved in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
another one.
another "not-right" object.
another distraction to our own being here on earth...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Mr. Oberg.

If I may be so bold to ask a simple "yes" or "no" question sir.

Is NASA hiding any discoveries on Mars?

YES NO

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

the object in the very beginning is clearly computer generated. More classic bull crap from a bunch of bored wanna-be UFOlogists.

You guys seriously embarrass the hell out of me and the rest of us who actually believe in some form of extra terrestrial existence. Do us all a favor and stop posting this non sense.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Jim Oberg;

I have never posted in this particiular forum before but your
perfect blend of arrogance and contemptability for others
just drew me in.

I read your reply to one person when they asked why you
could not be civil and just provide an answer and explanation
up front instead of being a vicious little ass.

I cannot remember your exact wording but it had something
to do with people who believe in ufo's and how they would
pounce all over you or some other lame justification for
your behavior.

Well Mr. Oberg I do not believe in ufo's. I do however have a great
fascination with space technology and NASA. After seeing how
you have treated people, many of them Americans who have
given you the opportunities you have been given and definately
have no appreciation for all I can now say is I hope your attitude
is not systemic.

I also think you are basically just a coward.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Jim did you see the Secret Nasa Tapes by Martin Stubbs? What do you think of those?
After seeing that I came to only two conclusions. UFO/ET is real or nasa is deliberately faking this. But taking into consideration all the other things happening around the ufo/et phenomena i'm inclined to the think its real.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I have explained it before, elsewhere, there are a number of secret space programs involving humans. These groups have bases on the Moon, Mars and probably elsewhere, including land and sea bases here on the earth. They are not the only ones flying these UFOs; they are also ETs. All are "Gathering" at a break-neck pace; that is why they are being sighted so often, they are gathering specimens, DNA, seeds, you name it; this has been going on for many years but only in recent times have their crafts been perfected to production grade to be mass produced.

One group thinks they are going to take their chances in deep underground cities; the other group thinks the best chance is off world. I will not talk about the chance I had years ago but I will tell you, the list...you are not on it and all this # going to be wiped away and a new dawn for humanity is just a few years away.

Not sure why I say something now; have your corruptions.

edit on 1-5-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The youtube poster and I have been exchanging comments on youtube and have discovered that he was recording just at the time the 'Progress' was approaching.

Good, now you have learned a valuable lesson, never speak ill before having all the facts, now, armed with this new knowledge, i'm sure the world will look a lot different from now on, there will be less baseless accusations to defend, there will be less people hating you for speaking ill of them with no reason at all, and there will be more people willing to hear what you have to say without reacting bad at the first sight of your name.

I abandon all suggestions he might have been deliberately spamming -- he has been open with his records every step of the way

Now, it doesn't seem to me like you were 'suggesting', more like 'making assumptions', right? but never mind that, i do think that you should at least apologize for what you said, it is the right thing to do, right?

When the OP passed on the video without even bothering to check the scheduled traffic at ISS, he was acting carelessly. But there's no indication he was acting maliciously or deceptively and if anything I said made that accusation, I apologize for it. It may briefly have been a reasonable hypothesis, but only briefly, thanks to the original youtube poster's cooperative exchanges of critical information.

I see you already apologized, but i gotta ask, why can't you simply say, my mistake, i'm sorry, and instead go on and on through several posts defending your position with off topic posts, simply admit you were wrong and that's enough, here:

- You assumed the OP was the one making the video
- You assumed the OP was trying to deceive other people with a hoax video
- Later you assumed the original video creator had intentionally muted the first minute to hide the truth
- You assumed everyone on this thread trying to find out what the object was were stupid and ignorant people
- You assumed all of them were blind believers.
- You punished other people's curiosity because you already knew what the object was and they didn't

To be honest, i dislike people like you, i don't know you, but your behavior here is that of a child, understand this, it doesn't matter how much experience and knowledge you have, it is pointless if nobody cares about you or what you have to say because every time you open your mouth the only thing that comes out is a stream of worthless insults.

This is way too off topic now, i'm sorry, but this is the first time i read your posts and i really disliked most of them, i can understand why some people feel the way they do about you.

Whatever, bye.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Capture at the 42 second mark, and contrast adjusted and sharpened in Paint.NET.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bb642f0889b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab4bd55f6d15.jpg[/atsimg]

Delta shaped?
edit on 4/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 4/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: "and sharpened"

Good work
and thank you for posting...yes, it does look like a wedge, maybe something that of the stealth bomber?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It's an unidentified object. ie an UO not a UFO because it's not flying it's orbiting as the SS is and at the same speed no less.

It's not a spaceship with aliens or anything stupid like that although if some of you need to believe that, yes, and they're coming to tap your mind while you sleep tonight.

Lets see, how many bit's of space junk are currently orbiting earth? Around 10,000 or so?

Definately can't be junk then, must be aliens !!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Also remember that we have a small shuttle!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigten2u

Also remember that we have a small shuttle!

If we have a space shuttle then maybe you would like to explain why the space shuttle hasn't launched yet for orbit?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

29.04.2011 New UFO Ovni under the International Space Station

Link: www.youtube.com...
Posted: April 29, 2011

Interesting video shows a UFO appearing in view of the astronauts. The astronauts themselves talks amongst one another describing what they are seeing. The cosmonauts are speaking in Russian when someone asks them to translate what is going on.

Very cool video! What are your thoughts?!

edit on 30-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: edited spelling error

edit on 4-30-2011 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect the content
Sorry everyone for putting this here, administrator delete or do as please. But i couldn't work out how to start a new topic (newbie) and im exhausted. What do you think about this email i received:

Ok, so i want you to read what i write below and trust me if someone told me this id say they were crazy as bat # and tell them to get their head examined. Which maybe is a good idea now i think about it, read on.

I'm just going to tell you straight, i had 3 nights of no sleep but ultra brainpower - no dexies or drugs - the first night God appeared to me and told me i had to change my life before the end of the world, pretty sure he said end of world, or probably just the end of the world for me.

Now get this its crazy stuff man - i wont go into all my visions or whatever they were but i tried to stay with the feeling that i had when i had my revelation with god. It was an amazing feeling, i feared nothing and even as i write this i am getting goose bumps and tingles in my body as the vibrations begin so the actually physical experience was like the same as the yogi's talk about. My whole body was vibrating, oscillating and as i accepted what was happening, i allowed myself to experience more and more this feeling by staying card and remembered God. The oscillations got so strong and humming noise that i swear i thought i floated off the bed. That moment i got scared, like a kid scared of ghosts, and it was over just like that. I was only shown, or i chose to see, only what i could handle at the time.

I just want to add that the feeling i had when i was close to god was one of immense happiness. I was shown series of visions where demons approached me but where i instantly recalled the feeling of gods love , like a golden light shot down on me to protect me.

Now i know what you are probably thinking, lost it big time, too many pills or dexies. Nothing mate. Im not going to tell anyone else about this because they wouldn't believe me or if they did they wouldn't need to be told anyway.

Back to my experiences i know you are waiting for the good bits which i seem to have forgotten for some reason about my feeble human mind not being brave enough to let go of all attachment to this physical world. I was shown that man is on earth and his mission is to leave earth. For this to occur man has to totally accept the path God had chosen for him (or her not sexist). There is no other, all other paths ways are doomed to fallback to whatever i don't know really (daoism - later on this). Now i was literally shown souls going up wards with god at the top in the middle... those that didn't take the straight line (best fit cool too) were doomed by not very nice things that i don't want to think about. So moving on, once man accepts there is only one path to god, and all other paths are futile. (daoism coming in more on this later to show polarity of western and eastern thinking come together to form unity.

Now ben i am seriously doubting what happened to me. Acid flash back? nervous breakdown? I seriously don't know what to make of it. But i will always remember the revelation and try to live my life by it.

Anyway finally, this one im not sure of but seems that we actually have to - at some stage - let go of all worldly attachments. To reach true nirvana you must let go of all emotional attachments to the physical world.

Right, so, off to the looney bin eh.. im seriously wondering what the #. As i was too scared to dwell on what God had said i started thinking about the Himalayan yogi's, actually to be honest with you, my mind power became so intense when i focused on objects and let my mind become blank they seemed to be moving. So i wanted to know about the teleportation myths of the mystic mountain men. This website was pretty good:
www.lifepositive.com...

Anyway this is crazy #, im almost not wanting to press the send button..but i know what you will say, and id think i was crazy too don't worry. Also im too tired to proof read what i said so sorry about grammatical anomalies .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join