It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progress Resupply Craft Spotted Under the International Space Station (April 29, 2011)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Dastardly666
This thread is becoming silly because some wish to turn this into a 'believer' vs 'non-believer' argument.

I agree...there are quite a few people on here stating that it is a UFO, and others trying to disprove it by saying it is not and let's move on with it.

This shows that evidence brought against the video are NOT compelling enough to support claims of it not being a UFO. Even the mods changed the thread title to something else.

Really people, I am not here to change any views of thought rather focus specifically on the video. Sure the debating is fun, but that is what FORUMS ARE ABOUT. Now if someone really wanted to start a threat in politics within ATS with certain ATS members, then by all means.

Otherwise, keep the comments, evidence, and case points strong. So far I am not convinced the evidence is compelling enough to verdict a no decision for it being a UFO, and vice versa.

I think some are unhappy because they feel Jim was attacked and treated unfairly which is of course not true and they have turned this thread in to a tribute for him.

And then we are given the 'words of wisdom' telling us we should accept there is no life anywhere else in the universe. I don't think anyone on this thread said the object was an alien ship.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Oh, for the love of....! Let it go, already!

This shows that evidence brought against the video are NOT compelling enough to support claims of it not being a UFO.

Everyone with any interest in the space program recognized it immediately. All those double negatives in the sentence I quoted above....were they intentional? To continue to confuse and obfuscate a mundane event??

Here...this is Progress 41, few months prior. It has already gotten closer to the ISS than we see of Progress 42 in your OP's (MIS-labelled) video. I am sorry that so many people here on ATS simply do not have the experience to differentiate actual, real space from what they seem to "expect". Not sure why....maybe because of the way "space travel" has been depicted, so much, in popular fiction genres? Like films and TV?

Perhaps an educatonal lesson in orbital mechanics, too? I don't know, I doubt anyone will care to watch, in order to learn and have a better understanding in future. Guess it might feel too much lke being in "school"?:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The video has been shown to be a Progress craft. You can check out something as accessible as wiki's Progress pages to be sure such a thing exists. From there you can see if a Progress mission occurred in the period of the OP vid being uploaded...Progress M-10. Double check that information with NASA and see if a different video than already shown might help...

As we're looking to identify the object in your OP video, by all accounts and the evidence provided; it is beyond 'reasonable doubt' that it's a Progress Mission.

The best way forward is to store that information, bookmark it and the next time someone uploads a suggestive video like that...we'll all think 'Progress.'

There's a term called 'cognitive dissonance' and we all experience it from time to time. I do, you do and even Jim Oberg does...it's human psychology. This is when our wishes and beliefs come into conflict with awkward facts and it's hard to let go of what we want to be true.

A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point.

We have all experienced the futility of trying to change a strong conviction, especially if the convinced person has some investment in his belief. We are familiar with the variety of ingenious defenses with which people protect their convictions, managing to keep them unscathed through the most devastating attacks.

But man’s resourcefulness goes beyond simply protecting a belief. Suppose an individual believes something with his whole heart; suppose further that he has a commitment to this belief, that he has taken irrevocable actions because of it; finally, suppose that he is presented with evidence, unequivocal and undeniable evidence, that his belief is wrong: what will happen? The individual will frequently emerge, not only unshaken, but even more convinced of the truth of his beliefs than ever before. Indeed, he may even show a new fervor about convincing and converting other people to his view.
When facts fail: UFO cults, 'birthers' and cognitive dissonance

UFOs are worth studying, but we shouldn't be wasting time on the IFOs.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Letting everyone know, I left this thread after page 3, because of all the child like bickering. Totally off topic nonsense. Good job.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
edited after further review.

But the object does have the metamorphosis of a falling satellite. First appears to be a winged craft, then after it glows (like reentry burn) it looks more spherical because extremities would be burned off first. Doesn't seem to change it's momentum what so ever, just burns up.

My 2¢
edit on 1-5-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

You make an excellent point. The fact that you are more intelligent and experienced than another person is no reason to be a douche bag toward them. Of course, we all have our issues.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Could be progress as it is right under the iss and moing at the same orbital speed.
If it was really a ufo, the astronauts sure would have zoomed in on the object.
anyway most if not all ufos imo are from the german antartic base

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join