It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Questions on Christianity Answered

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

haha, look man i know you're a teacher, and im not disagreeing with anything you're saying. I just asked you a simple question with a follow up.

Clearly you understand what im saying so why dance around the question?

Theres no need to complicate things.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Would you agree that the physical world is perfect without humanity?

Oh. Sorry. Humanity was created by God for a specific purpose. I assume earth was made as the womb of development and our bodies are a type of placenta. A mother, absent the child in the womb, is incomplete.

Ephesians chapters 1-3 tells that the mystery that God held since the beginning of our creation was for us to rule the universe with Christ. We are to take what we learn and apply it to our inheritance. God said this about us:

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands. You have put all things under his feet" (Psalm 8:3-6)

Deuteronomy 4:19

"And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."

"What is man that You are mindful of him, or the son of man that You take care of him? You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor, and set him over the works of Your hands. You have put all things in subjection under his feet" (Hebrews 2:6-8)

1 Corinthians 2:9 “What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

Originally posted by Akragon

i think it was Bart Simpson who destroyed the "one hand clapping" idea
but i know what you're saying.

Unfortunatly you didn't actually answer the question...

edit on 23-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Alright let me rephrase then...

God...being this absolute perfection created this world for whatever reason. This being our place of learning... Would you consider this creation to be perfect? So again, if we wern't here, if we didn't exist and this planet was exactly how it is WITHOUT us. Thus nature would work exactly how its intended.... perfect or no?

Leave humans out of the question.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's also worth nothing: when a baby is connected to the mother, it's through a cord. We are connected to the body through the silver cord. Ecclesiastes 12:6 "Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well 7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

When a baby is released from the mother, the cord is severed and the new creation is free. When the silver cord is broken, the wheel turns. What is the wheel? The ox pulls the burden and the wheel turns. This is transmigration. Birth to birth. No real death is possible if the fetus develops.

Dhammapada

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Would you agree that the physical world is perfect without humanity?

Oh. Sorry. Humanity was created by God for a specific purpose. I assume earth was made as the womb of development and our bodies are a type of placenta. A mother, absent the child in the womb, is incomplete.

Ephesians chapters 1-3 tells that the mystery that God held since the beginning of our creation was for us to rule the universe with Christ. We are to take what we learn and apply it to our inheritance. God said this about us:

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands. You have put all things under his feet" (Psalm 8:3-6)

Deuteronomy 4:19

"And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."

"What is man that You are mindful of him, or the son of man that You take care of him? You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor, and set him over the works of Your hands. You have put all things in subjection under his feet" (Hebrews 2:6-8)

1 Corinthians 2:9 “What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

i think it was Bart Simpson who destroyed the "one hand clapping" idea
but i know what you're saying.

Unfortunatly you didn't actually answer the question...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

you have a knack for dancing around questions my friend...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I guess I would just say again that the earth is designed to be a womb of life. Absent of life, its a rock floating in space. Life is information that animates. An acorn that is dead rots. An acorn that is alive reproduces. The quality of the information is the key. The earth is set to decay from entropy, just as we are. I assume we are a tiny universe of 50 trillion cells, which is dependent on the earth for our sustenance. The earth is a product of the union of the sun and moon. Apart form us, is there an observer to collapse the wave of our probability? God is an observer so I assume the planets were once in a state of being connected to a womb of development (cosmos). As above, so below. What do you think?

God...being this absolute perfection created this world for whatever reason. This being our place of learning... Would you consider this creation to be perfect? So again, if we wern't here, if we didn't exist and this planet was exactly how it is WITHOUT us. Thus nature would work exactly how its intended.... perfect or no?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Simple and short. No, neither are in a state of perfection because they decay. Anything material decays. Consciousness rises against the flow of entropy toward the source. A river flows away from its source. Consciousness rises against the flow.

you have a knack for dancing around questions my friend...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I guess I would just say again that the earth is designed to be a womb of life. Absent of life, its a rock floating in space. Life is information that animates. An acorn that is dead rots. An acorn that is alive reproduces. The quality of the information is the key. The earth is set to decay from entropy, just as we are. I assume we are a tiny universe of 50 trillion cells, which is dependent on the earth for our sustenance. The earth is a product of the union of the sun and moon. Apart form us, is there an observer to collapse the wave of our probability? God is an observer so I assume the planets were once in a state of being connected to a womb of development (cosmos). As above, so below. What do you think?

Yes i agree, though decay is also a part of this physical world. Its a natural process which all elements go though. Just because something dies over time doesn't make it not perfect, the cycle of life and death is a perfect cycle and it applied to all things in the physical world. Still its a perfect process, wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the process is sufficient for its design. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It dies though and this causes sadness. I think the new heaven and earth, as described in Revelation, sounds like an improvement. Nothing corrupts. Not moth or rust. The fact that we can conceive of improvement would indicate that it is a possibility. Our consciousness is tapped into the infinite so a conception of more perfection is possible if we can conceive of it. Perhaps this is what God meant here:

Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

He continues later with this.

10 The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”

Yes i agree, though decay is also a part of this physical world. Its a natural process which all elements go though. Just because something dies over time doesn't make it not perfect, the cycle of life and death is a perfect cycle and it applied to all things in the physical world. Still its a perfect process, wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think the process is sufficient for its design. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It dies though and this causes sadness. I think the new heaven and earth, as described in Revelation, sounds like an improvement. Nothing corrupts. Not moth or rust. The fact that we can conceive of improvement would indicate that it is a possibility. Our consciousness is tapped into the infinite so a conception of more perfection is possible if we can conceive of it. Perhaps this is what God meant here:

Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

10 The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

so as to instruct him?”

Good use of scripture

So then, what are the keys to heaven?

I think the process is sufficient for its design. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It dies though and this causes sadness.

Why does death cause you sadness, though it is the same for everyone i must question it. Death does create sadness but thats only because people believe its the end, when in fact it is not.

Death is a realease from the tortures of this world, and not something that should sadden you. We should celebrate the lives of those that pass, for they've taken a step which we haven't.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by naeem11111

You're missing the point... Regardless of how they came to be, they were written in a book.

Nope it was written on stone slab, allegedly, and IF it did exist then the very stone it was written on should be available, but what do you know? It isn't, as the event did not take place.

IF that book didn't exist you would know nothing of the commandments.

And the world would be a much better place.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111

You're missing the point... Regardless of how they came to be, they were written in a book.

Nope it was written on stone slab, allegedly, and IF it did exist then the very stone it was written on should be available, but what do you know? It isn't, as the event did not take place.

IF that book didn't exist you would know nothing of the commandments.

And the world would be a much better place.

Technically many believe the arc of the covenant holds the stone tablets which the commandments were written on... Ironically enough theres only one man on the planet "holy enough" to see the arc

Though i would agree the world would be a better place without religion, theres many lessons in the bible that should be studied by everyone. Mainly christs words.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111

So you attribute life to a series of random coinsidences?

Nothing happens at random, someone is always acting something out for a reason. Just look at world events, they are orchestrated to make us pay attention to them, whilst something more sinister is taking place behind our backs.

And there is no such thing as a coinsidence. Look at the people who don't believe in it (spys, priests, philosophers, criminals) and look at those who believe it has no meaning (serfs, peasants). Who is at the top end of the pyramad and who is at the bottom.

So logically if there are no coinsidences(which is true) then how can life be a coinsidence?

It's not and you just said it yourself that there are no coinsidences.

The only reason everyone doesn't believe in God is because theres a million inturpretations of what he/she/it...actually is.

Everyone doesn't believe in God? I'm sure most people do believe in the fabricated God mentioned in "holy" books.

That plus ancient writings based around a time where belief in Fairytales was the only believe allowed.

Not necessarily, take philiosophers and free thinkers for example, they used to ponder about the universe and why are we here and whats our purpose? And try to answer these questions in humanistic terms, like Athenians.

As if God just stopped inspiring people once these texts were written, hahaha!

This God (man) inspired people to do their dirty work for them (the elite).

Its hard to believe in what you don't understand, and unfortunatly the only person that can prove the existance of God to you, is yourself. If you have no desire to understand God, why bother agruing against the idea? You can't change another persons beliefs without something to back your agruements up.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that out there somewhere in the universe, there is an ultimate force or architect. But the God mentioned in holy books, I personally think is just mans invention, as a tool to dominate over others. As it pertains to humanity, I think we are here to learn and experience everything, and "play our part on stage" and in this "game" we are playing that has both good times and bad, and at the present stage, we are playing the victims with a bad ending, But we can take off our "mask" at any time and stop all this violence if the majority take off their mask as well. Take this quote from Dr Neruda, who I think put it best;

"God is a unifying force, primal and eternal. This force is the original force that summoned life from itself to become both its companion and journey."

-Naeem

(Sorry about not finishing the last sentence, I have done this previously and perhaps thats why you find me confusing. Sometimes I have to dash off for a while, and rather than keep you waiting, I make a post, leave and edit it properly afterwards).
edit on 23/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: sorry, didn't finish off sentence.

edit on 23/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Im sorry but i find you very confusing.

Either way i think i understand you. You're saying you don't believe the God in the bible is the real God of creation. I agree to a point... Christ's words are complete truth so if you're looking for the word of God from the bible, read his words (no im not saying he was God) A lot of the bible is allegorical.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Why does death cause you sadness, though it is the same for everyone i must question it. Death does create sadness but thats only because people believe its the end, when in fact it is not. Death is a realease from the tortures of this world, and not something that should sadden you. We should celebrate the lives of those that pass, for they've taken a step which we haven't.

I agree. It causes sadness for some. Even me. Separation can also be a blessing. It increases longing and adds value when you are reunited. Nothing lacks a degree of good. There may be permanent separation as well. Those who do not develop in the womb may find separation permanent or extended. God is surly long-suffering, but long-suffering denotes an ending eventually. Every chance is given. I am a firm believer in transmigration so I think it is development over many lives for a soul in the material world. Actually, it possibly never ends. There is good evidence from this website that a common thread emerges from experiences held by many. There has also been extensive research into these stories and commonalities emerge that indicates diverging paths are evident after death. Some to paradise and some to further development. Others to eternal torment. We can't really know for sure. I am sure it is much more amazing than we could every imagine. If the education is this grand, the real deal is surly what God claims--inconceivable. A set of possibility we cannot collapse in this reality. I would assume these sets of possibilities are also infinite.

reply to post by Akragon

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well said my friend

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Actually, we're both using the same teaching method. You are bating with questions to develop more questions. I am answering new questions, that have not be yet asked, to lead you to the answer of your original questions. This is an interesting play on philosophical discussion.

haha, look man i know you're a teacher, and im not disagreeing with anything you're saying. I just asked you a simple question with a follow up.

Clearly you understand what im saying so why dance around the question?

Theres no need to complicate things.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Very true, though i admit im no teacher of anything... i only know what i know, and am very happy to assist others in understanding such matters

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The keys are to open the lock of what is already there. The first lock to pick is bias. Bias is the flaming sword mentioned guarding the tree of life. So, the keys are for the tree of life. The tree of knowledge represents the understanding of degree. Hot cold. Birth death. Up down. In this life, you are developing the use of degree. I observe in you the understanding of bias. You have not reacted like the other poster with a flaming sword being flung around in every direction. You are calm and assertive. This is the sign of a matured intellect. You clearly have developed equanimity and place intellect over emotion. This leads to mindfulness. If you lack hope you do not have faith. Love can only come in from hope. Hope only comes from faith. Faith:Hope:Love in a ratio. Faith is to hope as hope is to love. Is it reward we hope for? No, this is duplicity. Wanting one thing by saying another to get it. Is avoidance of punishment what we hope for? Again, duplicity. Hope is supreme good as its own reward. This is altruism, realizing that we are also the others we help along the way. God provides the platform for becoming fully realized. Who realizes? God and you; me; us; we; them. Everything is in relationship to everything else.

So, you tell me. What is the tree of life?

so as to instruct him?”

Good use of scripture

So then, what are the keys to heaven?

I think the process is sufficient for its design. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It dies though and this causes sadness.

Why does death cause you sadness, though it is the same for everyone i must question it. Death does create sadness but thats only because people believe its the end, when in fact it is not.

Death is a realease from the tortures of this world, and not something that should sadden you. We should celebrate the lives of those that pass, for they've taken a step which we haven't.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Im sorry but i find you very confusing.

Either way i think i understand you. You're saying you don't believe the God in the bible is the real God of creation. I agree to a point...

Likewise

Christ's words are complete truth so if you're looking for the word of God from the bible, read his words (no im not saying he was God) A lot of the bible is allegorical.

That's another statement I disagree with. I have split beliefs, regarding Jesus of Nazareth on whether he did exist, his teachings distorted to benefit the elite or he was just a fabrication and patterned off Julius Caesar.

Another statement is Jesus being The Chirst. He isn't and I know this for sure. From what I have researched, and I have split beliefs regarding The Chirst as well, that IT is a force, which came once before and will reveal itself sometime around the year 2080, or the Druids from northern Britain actually used to worship a figure called Chirst. Perhaps the two are linked together, as the Druids "worshiped" nature, living in total harmony and peace.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join