It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Questions on Christianity Answered

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I think you're missing the point, and the overall implications. You can't compare God to the engineers of the WTC, or other things because we're human, inherently flawed and ignorant. God created humanity in his image, allegedly. If we're imperfect, then his image is imperfect. At the very least, his understanding of his image is imperfect (which implies a level of imperfection unto itself).

If it was our choice to choose imperfection, then that in itself was an imperfect choice, and thus, humans were not perfect.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
My theory of God and imperfection:

The imperfection in us is necessary. God is at rest. We are becoming as God is. If there is to be a we, then we can't be God or there is (not are) two perfections at once. That is a perfect image and makes God two. God is one. For Him to Create us, he starts with a point. That's Him, the infinity of possibility at rest. This is just a simple analogy, so hold on. Matter is created from the second point, forming a line. Move that line now and you get a plane. The plane is created one slice at a time as it moves. Now create cube, expanding from all sides of the plane and you have slices again in three dimensions. From these three dimensions, we get form of all types. Now move that form and you get a slice of time. The form moves by possibility, just as the form was created from possibility. Although we are connected to God as the first separate point, our point had to be less than Him to be different. Think of all of this happening at one time by the process of light and wave. Particle and wave duality is what makes up light. Each particle has an associated wave. A galaxy is a toilet that flushes backwards at first, then rolls back on itself creating form by streaming data as it drains back to the source. As above, so below. One side of the universe, through an opening between, then back again. Zero point of infinity in the middle.

Now you get deeper into the process. The particle and wave is streaming data that works from the first dimension out through all the dimensions. As it produces form in the simple process above, we get layers of structure in a fractal. Again, this is simplified as a symbol. If there were second dimensional creatures, they see the second dimensional plane unfold a slice at a comparative time. The third dimension sees the slices of the fourth dimension of movement. Movement is the key. To create form, there must be movement in counter-motion to the first fixed dimension in a vortex. The spin we see display in the golden ratio and in DNA is evidence of the double helix pattern used by the wave to form matter. You only see a slice of everything that exists. There is another half. Google 'tree of life' and then look at the tree and the roots below. It all starts below and then streams up to infinity in forms that come from infinite possibility by collapsing wave function (best analogy we have). All of this arises from the other side where all possibility and infinity is at rest, in all states possible at once. We are merely a reflection of that in parts. We define this as imperfection. On the other side, we are a complete sculpture. Our consciousness merely rides the wave of possibility. It's always now.

But wait, there's more. Entropy heads to decay and disorder. Consciousness, which is directly connected to the original state of infinity at rest, is able to move back against the flow of imperfection to realize this movement back as a journey. The laws that govern the process are set to react when you act, keeping you on a path of movement against death and decay, while the body is used up along the way. This is what we see as punishment. Reward is what we see when we achieve back-flow. Providence is what we call chance. This is the designer from the state of rest acting through the state of imperfect possibility. God, the governor of it all. Love, the state of rest. Hope, the movement back to Love.

Read 1 Corinthians 13. Read Genesis 1 (Light). Read John 1 (Wave). Read the Bible for all it's worth.

The End.

Originally posted by SorensDespair
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I think you're missing the point, and the overall implications. You can't compare God to the engineers of the WTC, or other things because we're human, inherently flawed and ignorant. God created humanity in his image, allegedly. If we're imperfect, then his image is imperfect. At the very least, his understanding of his image is imperfect (which implies a level of imperfection unto itself).

If it was our choice to choose imperfection, then that in itself was an imperfect choice, and thus, humans were not perfect.

edit on 22-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I did, check back on page 11. God does condone slavery but God is not God, but actually man acting like a God to control others. It's quite obvious in religion, but people are so "stuck" into dusty, poorly constructed texts, they take everything for real, and dont "see" what it's really saying.
edit on 23/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111
reply to post by Akragon

I did, check back on the previous pages. God does condone slavery but God is not God, but actually man acting like a God to control others.

which is exactly what i said, prove "God" condones such acts... We all know that men do... But i tell you God does not.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, people believe it did come from a G-d called Yahweh, but this G-d, if he exists, calls himself "I am that I am."

There is no actual proof in God's exsistence, religion is a contrcut of man in the first place, this is what I am trying to prove.

But i tell you God does not.

As he didn't exist in the first place.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by naeem11111

Btw your post on page 11 says nothing to prove anything other then how little you understand that book.

No offence of course

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well, people believe it did come from a G-d called Yahweh, but this G-d, if he exists, calls himself "I am that I am."

There is no actual proof in God's exsistence, religion is a contrcut of man in the first place, this is what I am trying to prove.

Why do you think it matters what Gods name is? Thats always intrugued me...

Why are you trying to find proof of God, doesn't your church tell you all there is to know?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What are your thoughts on the supposed upcoming rapture?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

We are becoming as God is. If there is to be a we, then we can't be God or there is (not are) two perfections at once.

Would you agree that the physical world is perfect without humanity? If we didn't exist, everything on earth would work exactly how its intended to work, with nature as a part of nature.

If you agree with this, and the spiritual world is perfection as well....both of which are a part of God, then the only real inperfection is our thoughts and actions.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enderthexenocide
What are your thoughts on the supposed upcoming rapture?

who are you talking to?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Btw your post on page 11 says nothing to prove anything other then how little you understand that book.

No offence of course

Since when was the ten commandments a book? It was compiled into a book.

Why do you think it matters what Gods name is? Thats always intrugued me...

That's the point I've been making all this time. Why "hide" your name? Because you don't really exist and just say "I am that I am" (which is the fact) or you are hiding because you are the minority who is trying to get everyone to adopt religion as means of control (which is also another fact).

Why are you trying to find proof of God,

I'm not. I'm saying the God which the majority believe in, is a fabrication just to control others.

doesn't your church tell you all there is to know?

I am not a Christian, what gave you that idea?

then the only real inperfection is our thoughts and actions.

Something we both agree on.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

As he didn't exist in the first place

So you attribute life to a series of random coinsidences?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Since when was the ten commandments a book? It was compiled into a book.

Uhm, how would you know of the commandments if it wasn't written in a book?

That's the point I've been making all this time. Why "hide" your name? Because you don't really exist and just say "I am that I am" (which is the fact) or you are hiding because you are the minority who is trying to get everyone to adopt religion as means of control.

nope, i could care less what anyone believes. And i have no religion...

I'm not. I'm saying the God which the majority believe in, is a fabrication just to control others.

Actually i agree...

I am not a Christian, what gave you that idea?

that was an assumption... Most people that post in religious topics are either athiest or pushing a religion.

I appoligise if my assumption was incorrect

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nothing happens at random, someone is always acting something out for a reason. Just look at world events, they are orchestrated to make us pay attention to them, whilst something more sinister is taking place behind our backs.

And there is no such thing as a coinsidence. Look at the people who don't believe in it (spys, priests, philosophers, criminals) and look at those who believe it has no meaning (serfs, peasants). Who is at the top end of the pyramad and who is at the bottom.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Uhm, how would you know of the commandments if it wasn't written in a book?

The "event," IF it took place, was Moses receiving the ten commandments written by G-d himself on a piece of stone slab. The Bible is just multiple books rolled into one.

nope, i could care less what anyone believes. And i have no religion...

We all have free will, and you are entitled to your opinion/beliefs.

I appoligise if my assumption was incorrect

No worrys.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nothing happens at random, someone is always acting something out for a reason. Just look at world events, they are orchestrated to make us pay attention to them, whilst something more sinister is taking place behind our backs.

And there is no such thing as a coinsidence. Look at the people who don't believe in it (spys, priests, philosophers, criminals) and look at those who believe it has no meaning (serfs, peasants). Who is at the top end of the pyramad and who is at the bottom.

So logically if there are no coinsidences(which is true) then how can life be a coinsidence? The only reason everyone doesn't believe in God is because theres a million inturpretations of what he/she/it...actually is. That plus ancient writings based around a time where belief in Fairytales was the only believe allowed. As if God just stopped inspiring people once these texts were written, hahaha!

Its hard to believe in what you don't understand, and unfortunatly the only person that can prove the existance of God to you, is yourself. If you have no desire to understand God, why bother agruing against the idea?

You can't change another persons beliefs without something to back your agruements up.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The "event," IF it took place, was Moses receiving the ten commandments written by G-d himself on a piece of stone slab. The Bible is just multiple books rolled into one.

You're missing the point... Regardless of how they came to be, they were written in a book. IF that book didn't exist you would know nothing of the commandments.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I would say that nature is a fraction of the infinite possibility. We look out at a material universe and can't believe the scope. Likely, this is a mere glimmer of what is possible. This existence is a story. It's like a set for a movie and we are the actors. We learn as if in school. Nature from here to the edge of the universe is one giant kingdom of God. Nothing is generated or destroyed. Consciousness is in a movement toward God, in relationship to him. The Koan, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" represents what I am saying. Before you read this link, think on the Koan and see if you can figure it out first. The best answer is here.

We are becoming as God is. If there is to be a we, then we can't be God or there is (not are) two perfections at once.

Would you agree that the physical world is perfect without humanity? If we didn't exist, everything on earth would work exactly how its intended to work, with nature as a part of nature.

If you agree with this, and the spiritual world is perfection as well....both of which are a part of God, then the only real inperfection is our thoughts and actions.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

i think it was Bart Simpson who destroyed the "one hand clapping" idea
but i know what you're saying.

Unfortunatly you didn't actually answer the question...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Now that you know the Koan means that everything is in relation to everything else, it may become apparent that God is not limited to time. This universe, in all its complexity, could possibly only be one thought; one of trillions going on but never ending. All possibilities conceivable, already thought out, already analyzed. Each universe, with its many creatures, artwork, beauty and thought has (is) (was) (will always) contribute to the larger expanding possibility. It's infinite, which means no end. That means the Beethoven symphony you last listened to is unique. Nothing is new, yet every new thing adds to the infinity in another form, based on the laws that govern it all. It is ever-expanding possibility from the infinite combinations possible. We are not worthy to know, but fortunate enough to see a few slices in the glimmer God's light gives off to our minds. The more we are able, the more we are given. To whom much is given, much is required.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I would say that nature is a fraction of the infinite possibility. We look out at a material universe and can't believe the scope. Likely, this is a mere glimmer of what is possible. This existence is a story. It's like a set for a movie and we are the actors. We learn as if in school. Nature from here to the edge of the universe is one giant kingdom of God. Nothing is generated or destroyed. Consciousness is in a movement toward God, in relationship to him. The Koan, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" represents what I am saying. Before you read this link, think on the Koan and see if you can figure it out first. The best answer is here.

edit on 23-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join