It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Questions on Christianity Answered

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The tree of life is allegorical which i tend not to study much of...

Theres many ways of looking at it, but again it depends on whos point of view you learned it from... Some would say the tree of life represents the different chakras in your body. Others believe its a litteral story...like an actual tree located somewhere on the earth at one time *shrug*

I'd like to hear your view on it of course

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by naeem11111

That's another statement I disagree with. I have split beliefs, regarding Jesus of Nazareth on whether he did exist, his teachings distorted to benefit the elite or he was just a fabrication and patterned off Julius Caesar.

Disagree all you like, you're welcome to your beliefs. You seem to think it matters if he existed or not... the fact is it matters not either way. The words that are "supposedly" from christ are all truth...

Please by all means find a flaw in his teachings... I've studied every word the man spoke, including things that arn't in your bible.

So please be my guest

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
You seem to think it matters if he existed or not... the fact is it matters not either way. The words that are "supposedly" from christ are all truth...

It does matter, in my opinion. After all, most Christians say they are like Jesus and follow his teachings, yet history has shown the opposite. People have murdered in his name (Bush) and enslaved in his name, yet he did not practice nor encouraged any of the things Christians have shown throughtout history time and time again. If he was real, and "up there," seeing people commiting such atrocities in your name, I certainly wouldn't want to join myself with such people.

Please by all means find a flaw in his teachings... I've studied every word the man spoke, including things that arn't in your bible.

My Bible? Are you having a go at me?
Regarding his teachings (if he existed), then yes, I agree with most of his saying, I say most as some are made up. Regarding the things that aren't in the Bible, I have read books which have his whole life recorded. One example and this is much better than the Bible, in my opinion is the aquarian gospel of Jesus christ. From this book(which is amazing) is how people should treat one another and thats why I have a split belief as I have evidence on both sides on his existence but from this angle I would agree with you, "the fact is it matters not either way."

-Naeem
edit on 23/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ahh good, at least you see where im comming from...

Christians believe a lot of things but unfortunatly they don't see the true message in the bible, and thats fine, leave them to their beliefs.

As i've stated, it doesn't matter if he existed or not, the lessons are there. The narrow path is written about in every religious text known, yet how many see it. And though some from that many do see the path, how many can walk it?

Harming another being is wrong no matter which way you look at it... the problem is when people start saying things like "God condones murder" This is why i feel im here many times, to provide understanding to those that believe such foolishness.

Regardless of what you read in the bible or anywhere that mentions God, he/she/it....never has a reason to harm another... that my friend is a fact

And no i wasn't having a "go" at you lol....theres a lot of versions of the bible, i was refering to whatever one you might read.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have a comment to naeem11111.

You are possibly starting your search in the wrong direction. Most of us did or are doing this. Start with the root. If we want to cure cancer, the best starting point is to find the environmental trigger for the cancer. It would be presumptuous to say God is wrong or the Bible is flawed if you have not been searching from the right direction and perspective. If you need to ask what that direction or perspective is, then you haven't found it. When you have, there will be no doubt.

Disagreeing with me is bias. What I just said is bias. At some point, someone will be right and it takes the removal of the bias to know and agree. By running around saying that it is incorrect is chasing your tail. Examine and test everything. The Bible says this by the way.

The root for knowing truth is knowing 'self' for what it is--pride. We are all driven by pride until we are not. Until then, we are driven only for self and little else. It doesn't start with a search of texts, engraved rocks or anything in the material world. You have most likely read many texts and come across the part about approaching truth with clean hands and a pure heart. This represents eliminating bias and pride. If you remain proud, you are the only one that can be right. Are you sure you are? Start with an article I wrote. LINK It outlines a good direction for movement toward truth. Don't assume it is wrong. Test it. Then you and I both know.

But why bias? Bias stains your hands and clouds your eyes. The mirrors you are searching (bible or otherwise) will only be smudged when you touch them. If you are biased, you are just staring at yourself in the mirror. Nothing will be clear. Once you clean your hands and mind and are free of bias, you see clearly. To do this, develop loving-kindness to others. Ultimately, this process is the point of the entire Biblical text. It starts within by reaching without to others. If you are reaching from within the material world, then you can only draw more of it in. It never fills you up. I don't know you so I may be off the mark. Either way, this is the best advise I can personally give. Don't be biased against God unless you can claim to be above Him. Make the claim and you will find you are wrong. Is God the Biblical God? You won't know until you remove the bias and live for others, which is his claim to you. Once you do, you will realize without doubt what you only suspect now. I could be wrong and I could be right. Test it.

Originally posted by naeem11111

Im sorry but i find you very confusing.

Either way i think i understand you. You're saying you don't believe the God in the bible is the real God of creation. I agree to a point...

Likewise

Christ's words are complete truth so if you're looking for the word of God from the bible, read his words (no im not saying he was God) A lot of the bible is allegorical.

That's another statement I disagree with. I have split beliefs, regarding Jesus of Nazareth on whether he did exist, his teachings distorted to benefit the elite or he was just a fabrication and patterned off Julius Caesar.

Another statement is Jesus being The Chirst. He isn't and I know this for sure. From what I have researched, and I have split beliefs regarding The Chirst as well, that IT is a force, which came once before and will reveal itself sometime around the year 2080, or the Druids from northern Britain actually used to worship a figure called Chirst. Perhaps the two are linked together, as the Druids "worshiped" nature, living in total harmony and peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
But were they living for others? God knows us by our fruits. Actions are what God looks at, not necessarily words. Actions define our faith. So do words as a reflection of our actions. If our words don't match, we are duplicitous. I agree that there are few that find this. It takes dropping bias and pride. Genesis 3 was the first choice of pride. The fruit they ate represents a choice to be above God in actions. Get it? The fruit was the choice and the consequence. They sought knowledge when God would have taught them. Either way, we are taught by the toil that God sentenced us to. Read the chapter. It's all there. God will teach, even if our pride and bias gets in the way.

Originally posted by naeem11111

You seem to think it matters if he existed or not... the fact is it matters not either way. The words that are "supposedly" from christ are all truth...

It does matter, in my opinion. After all, most Christians say they are like Jesus and follow his teachings, yet history has shown the opposite. People have murdered in his name (Bush) and enslaved in his name, yet he did not practice nor encouraged any of the things Christians have shown throughtout history time and time again. If he was real, and "up there," seeing people commiting such atrocities in your name, I certainly wouldn't want to join myself with such people.

My Bible? Are you having a go at me?
Regarding his teachings (if he existed), then yes, I agree with most of his saying, I say most as some are made up. Regarding the things that aren't in the Bible, I have read books which have his whole life recorded. One example and this is much better than the Bible, in my opinion is the aquarian gospel of Jesus christ. From this book(which is amazing) is how people should treat one another and thats why I have a split belief as I have evidence on both sides on his existence but from this angle I would agree with you, "the fact is it matters not either way."

-Naeem
edit on 23/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: spelling

edit on 23-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The tone of words used by God showed his understanding that the keys of life are to be guarded so we cannot live forever. This is not our choice, but his to offer. If I were a scientist searching for cures to disease, or to unlock the timer on life span, DNA is the first place to look. When I read in Enoch that the watchers gave their seed to the daughters of men, also mentioned in Genesis 6, then I see why God was angry with fallen angels. Pride placed their choices above God. Enoch 1 also shows us that they messed with the seed of animals. In Genesis 1, we see that man and beast were peaceful on the earth. We see this again mentioned in Revelation as the state where we return. This is our glory at birth. In Alice and wonderland, we read this:

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'
`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant, "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"
`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.
`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.
`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'
`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'
Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.
`They've a temper, some of them -- particularly verbs, they're the proudest -- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs -- however, I can manage the whole of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!'

If you want to know the rest of the riddle, read my blog here. It will keep the post short.

Dodgson knew that the fountain of life and the philosophers stone would not be what the Masons thought it would be. He was also a Jesuit Catholic and a Mason himself. He was caught between two opposing worlds and locked his cognitive dissonance within the pages of his books and poetry. This is truth revealed to an individual.

You don't need the Bible to figure this out. It's just the best source. It also happens to offer salvation from a simple request: Faith, hope and love.

Theres many ways of looking at it, but again it depends on whos point of view you learned it from... Some would say the tree of life represents the different chakras in your body. Others believe its a litteral story...like an actual tree located somewhere on the earth at one time *shrug*

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Another question for you. If the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13 that the key is faith, hope and love, then which gets you to heaven? You may need to read the last verse to know.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The tone of words used by God showed his understanding that the keys of life are to be guarded so we cannot live forever. This is not our choice, but his to offer. If I were a scientist searching for cures to disease, or to unlock the timer on life span, DNA is the first place to look. When I read in Enoch that the watchers gave their seed to the daughters of men, also mentioned in Genesis 6, then I see why God was angry with fallen angels. Pride placed their choices above God. Enoch 1 also shows us that they messed with the seed of animals. In Genesis 1, we see that man and beast were peaceful on the earth. We see this again mentioned in Revelation as the state where we return. This is our glory at birth. In Alice and wonderland, we read this:

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'
`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant, "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"
`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.
`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.
`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'
`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'
Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.
`They've a temper, some of them -- particularly verbs, they're the proudest -- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs -- however, I can manage the whole of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!'

If you want to know the rest of the riddle, read my blog here. It will keep the post short.

Dodgson knew that the fountain of life and the philosophers stone would not be what the Masons thought it would be. He was also a Jesuit Catholic and a Mason himself. He was caught between two opposing worlds and locked his cognitive dissonance within the pages of his books and poetry. This is truth revealed to an individual.

You don't need the Bible to figure this out. It's just the best source. It also happens to offer salvation from a simple request: Faith, hope and love.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In case you didn't get the point the Alice in Wonderland quote, here is the Humpty Dumpty riddle as it is read literally. You only get this from the Alice book. Its a freemason thing form the Middle Ages.

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.
Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.
All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

Link

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I know the keys to heaven, they lie in the commandments givin by Christ...

Simplicity in itself

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It is the Emerald hidden in the pegmatite. Here are the words of Joseph (PtahHotep). 5th dynasty of Egypt, Visier to King Isesi.

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite."

The Emerald that brings salvation is Love.

Can you have love if you have bias in your heart against your brother? Your father? Can you have faith if you don't have the greatest of these--Love? Can you have hope apart from faith and love?

Salvation is moving the flaming sword from the tree. Each of us have this option and power.

As for the DNA and science. It is impenetrability according to Dodgson and Humpty Dumpty. Man can regain his glory, but not without walking in love with God, not against.

Who finds the emerald? The slave. He can free himself.

Simplicity in itself

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It is the Emerald hidden in the pegmatite. Here are the words of Joseph (PtahHotep). 5th dynasty of Egypt Visier.

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite."

Can you have love if you have bias in your heart against your brother? Your father? Can you have faith if you don't have the greatest of these--Love? Can you have hope apart from faith and love?

Salvation is moving the flaming sword from the tree. Each of us have this option and power.

As for the DNA and science. It is impenetrability according to Dodgson and Humpty Dumpty. Man can regain his glory, but not without walking in love with God, not against.

Who finds the emerald. The slave.

Simplicity in itself

I realize you must know the passage im talking about, so im not going to post it.

Love is the only absolute, with it you can do no wrong but without it there is no progression.

No worries my friend i understand

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The word absolute does not appear in the Bible. You may be referring to this verse. The point is, we are incapable. We cannot fulfill the law and this was demonstrated by the Hebrews. Only through faith. Christ did for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Romans 13:8-10

"8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

It is the Emerald hidden in the pegmatite. Here are the words of Joseph (PtahHotep). 5th dynasty of Egypt Visier.

Who finds the emerald. The slave.

Simplicity in itself

I realize you must know the passage im talking about, so im not going to post it.

Love is the only absolute, with it you can do no wrong but without it there is no progression.

No worries my friend i understand

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Sounds about right

I didn't say absolute appears anywhere, those were my words

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I liked it. I searched the internet and you have created a new quote for mankind to contemplate. I thought you may have been referring to something from the Bible. I was watching a random youtube video once, and a guy from Canada was being interviewed by a reporter. Off the cuff, he says, "The more you open yourself up to opportunity, the more it becomes available to you." Genius.

Sounds about right

I didn't say absolute appears anywhere, those were my words

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My thanks my friend...

Its very true, if you love everything you can not "sin" its not possible. You can't do harm to anything (intentionally at least
) if you love... and all prior commandments rest on the one absolute...

Christ said it himself, as you've quoted for me, again my thanks

Love is the one absolute, with it truth is easy to see

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So i ask - Why can't we just love each other without the wacko beliefs?

Besides, it's scary that some countries believe they have "GOD" on their side when they go to war or blow people up on the street.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Besides, it's scary that some countries believe they have "GOD" on their side when they go to war or blow people up on the street.

We can love each other anytime we chose to... It starts with one person and it spreads like wildfire! Love is contagious believe me. The problem is the wrong message is being preached in those beliefs you're speaking of... Its in every religious book out there as far as i've read, but people don't see it, or they refuse to see it. Everyone is worried that thier beliefs might be wrong so they stick to what they've been taught, instead of reading it for them selves. Some people find death and destruction in the bible and assume its God that commanded it. The simple fact is, God never had a reason to harm one of his own creatures. There is a cycle of life and death, which is painful and glorious. We all live, we all die, we all return home. And we may return to the physical world for more lessons if its needed. People get all wrapped up in trying to unravel the mystries of the bible when its all there for you to read....Yet somehow many still miss the message

Such is life though, i guess some arn't meant to understand...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That is an interesting perspective you present. Although I am locked into the Bible to find the message of love, I can easily find it in the Discourses of Rumi. I can find something like it in the Dhammapada. I can find it in Confucius. The love message is universal and requires virtue. This is fine for the Ox pulling the wheel of life. I firmly believe that we all repeat this wheel through water baptism into the material body. I think this is what John 3 is talking about. Irregardless, what do we find missing in all texts outside the Bible?

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

We can love each other anytime we chose to... It starts with one person and it spreads like wildfire! Love is contagious believe me. The problem is the wrong message is being preached in those beliefs you're speaking of... Its in every religious book out there as far as i've read, but people don't see it, or they refuse to see it. Everyone is worried that thier beliefs might be wrong so they stick to what they've been taught, instead of reading it for them selves. Some people find death and destruction in the bible and assume its God that commanded it. The simple fact is, God never had a reason to harm one of his own creatures. There is a cycle of life and death, which is painful and glorious. We all live, we all die, we all return home. And we may return to the physical world for more lessons if its needed. People get all wrapped up in trying to unravel the mystries of the bible when its all there for you to read....Yet somehow many still miss the message

Such is life though, i guess some arn't meant to understand...

edit on 24-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Which texts are you refering to?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join