It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida gun deaths suspect named as Shawn Tyson

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Oh boy here we go again... another ignorant European acting all high and mighty...
When are Europeans going to step down from the high chair they place themselves in constantly?...

In case you didn't know, and this has been posted dozens of times, in YOUR country AFTER guns were banned, crimes and even crimes with guns INCREASED in frequency... But hey, keep swimming in that kool aid of ignorance some people seem to love...

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
Last updated at 12:14 AM on 3rd July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.
Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.
The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec48b7553e41.jpg[/atsimg]

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.
Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

How is that anti-gun thing going for you guys across the pond? What if this guy had used a knife or say his car would you be saying the same thing.

The progressive mindset has embedded it hooks into the British population. It a shame you used to have backbones but more and more you could be mistaken for the French. Not all of you but many. They watch your every step. Is this freedom.

When you give up freedom for safety you deserve neither. This is simple common sense to it is hard to understand your mindset. You do realize criminals dont follow the law right?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here we go again, another clueless person wanting gun to be taken away from law abiding citizens. I notice that you don't let pesky things like fact cloud your views, but I will throw a few at you anyway.

In 1997 Britain banned all guns from lawful people. Over a decade later the results of this ban is in. From 1998 through 2005 gun deaths and injuries rose by 340 percent. If that doesn't surprise you then there is always the 2007 European study that found countries with more widespread gun ownership had significantly reduced murder rates while countries with little to no gun ownership had far greater murder rates. This is only 2 of numerous studies that came to the same conclusion. However, please keep on spreading your propaganda.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The second study can be found in the Harvard Journal of Law And Public Policy 30, 2007 pages 651-694. not sure if it is on the web or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The thing is, that even if firearms were outlawed the people such as the one in this news story would be the majority of the population who have them, because everyone else would follow the law. So basically, by trying to outlaw guns all that will be accomplished is stripping the "sane" people of their right to defend themselves.

Criminals will still be able to aquire firearms from the black market, and they are the ones who aren't mature enough to own them in the first place. You have to be a very deluded person to do something like this. If guns
were illegal, that would also give the shadow organizations within our government the opportunity to step up to the role of "dealer," to fund their black projects without any oversight.

Words cannot express the disdain I feel for people such as this. But I do think it is wrong to blame the US as a whole, and call everyone a gun-toter, or whatever the term was in the OP, because as I mentioned above, even if guns were outlawed, things like this would still happen on a regular basis.

It's articles like this that I know make certain people want to go Boondock Saints on gun-toting street thugs, and I feel your animosity, believe me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Its sad these two young men were murdered whats even even more sad is so many people get shot here a day none of it even makes the news anymore. Take Philidelphia for instance someone brings a gun to school and shoots some other kid no one even talks about it, your lucky If people 30 minutes away saw the 2-3 minute clip they play on the local nightly news. Gets a quick mention then thats it have to make room for the BS talk and the next nights slew of victims.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The point is that you have a nation of scared, fearful and cowardly citizens, who only possess weapons because everyone else does !

It's painfully hilarious how so many Americans attempt to claim their independence or autonomy, along the lines of how big their arsenal of weaponry is.

You call us scared and cowardly yet most if not all my culturally British friends and family have an obvious and apparent fear of an amoral tool that would of helped save lives in this scenario.

It's painfully hilarious that the only thing people who share that same mentality would rather blame a tool than the people who deserve to be judged by God and justice.

The differences between armed Americans and everyone else, is that we have the guts to look evil in the eye and deal with it. While we point our guns to defend the things we love and value, people like you point your fingers to degrade the values of others while you watch your fellow neighbors become victims of evil deeds.

Go ahead and stand tall with your pens and papers, lets see that stop evil once it comes into your front door.
edit on 19-4-2011 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/792dbe3deace.jpg[/atsimg]

In a perfect world and civilization no one would need a gun, but we do not live in a perfect world or civilization. So guns are a deterrent and a equalizer in a lot of cases, and guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns are just an effective tool and designed for a specific purpose, but still just a tool. And without a hand to pull the trigger it's just a paperweight.

I don't even own a gun, but I see how it might stop somebody who is thinking of doing a crime or even something stupid, if the victim can not only fight back, but there would be a good chance that the one who is perpetration the crime is going to end up in a body bag, it will make him or her think twice before doing anything.

In nature predators always look for the weakest or those who can not fight back, lions go for the weakest in the heard, so do wolf packs, and hyenas, etc etc any animal in nature you would look at you would see this in a form or another, they have a habit of attacking the defenseless or week or infirmed etc the easy kill basically. It is the same with humans, whether it's just some school bullying thing, or a serious crime such as the op's story, or some serial killer/maniac type of thing. Not being defenseless and armed, is a great deterrent to acts of violence, abuse, or tyranny.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Because in Britain, you get stabbed or jumped by hooligans.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

dude... america is worse when you think of every single city, every city in the world has violence.
stop bitchin ...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'm from London and I have to agree with the Yanks here.

Whoever is trying to defend our country as safe is wearing blinkers or is dumb.

I visited Florida recently, Hampton Inn on Kirkman Road, for 2 weeks and it was the best holiday i've had. I've already informed my closest and dearest that as soon as I have the capital I will ditch the sinking ship that is England.

I could sit here all day at work and list reasons why. But to put it short and blunt without (Hopefully) ranting;

- Migration problem. We have had a HUGE influx of so called refugee's and asylum seekers who bring NOTHING to this country except large families who breed at a rate we cannot sustain. Then they have the cheek to want to blow us up. (I can go on but I will resist.)

- Crime problem. Please see problem number 1. I firmly believe this is linked. As I live in London I first hand see the connection between these two. Anyone visited Tottenham/Edmonton recently? I heard somewhere that we have more rapes than the Bronx!! (Will try to find source.) Not even going to get started on robberies, murders and violent assaults.

- The fact that america is just on a different class to where I live. CCTV camera's on every corner, big brothers watching. Getting £600 taken out of my pay packet every month when I am classed as a low earner.

RANT OVER.

By the way, when I was in Florida I did tip quite generously before anyone asks!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

When will the USA get over its primitive, fearful gun-toting culture ?

Here we have two British tourists who went to the wrong side of town, and got shot dead, largely due to the primitive gun culture in the US.

There is nowhere in Britain where the possibility of being shot in the 'wrong part of town' is a serious consideration.

It's about time the USA entered the 21st century, and stopped the opportunity for these needless murders.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: Shocking grammatical error !

Silly man.

Guns will flow through the inner cities regardless. It's like a drug, and the war on drugs is a losing battle, so is the war on guns.

The day the Elite take our guns away, is the year of the NWO.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I wondered how long this would take before it became a US v UK debate.

Theres so many unanswered questions with this though.

1. These two guy weres supposedly "experienced travellers" and everyone they knew said they wouldnt go somewhere by accident.

2. Why where they 12 miles away from where they were staying?

3. Residents of the area they were shot say the two guys were clearly drunk and walking through the neighourhood shouting and kicking cars and stuff (how true this is i dont know).

I spent 4 months in the States last summer, travelled all over from Philly, NYC, Miami, Vegas, San Fran etc etc. and i never once felt unsafe. But at the same time, you knew where not to go, i wasnt guna roll up to some hood at 2:45am in the morning.

Like one of the English guys on this thread said (didnt catch his name) theres places like Moss Side in Manchester and areas in London i wouldnt want to go either. Its just another tragic case of people being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but dont turn it into another boring, drawn out UK v US debate.

R.I.P to the two guys that died as well, i think that has been overlooked.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

There is nowhere in Britain where the possibility of being shot in the 'wrong part of town' is a serious consideration.

Really? Tell that to this poor kid....

www.expressandstar.com...

Whether his death truly accidental or not as per the article, I don't know. But with the strict gun laws over here, someone still managed to lay hands on a firearm and used it.

Bottom line is this, if someone wants to kill someone else bad enough, they will find a way to do it. That saying that goes " Guns don't kill people. People kill people" is as true as it gets IMO.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
WOW this is a pro american gun slinging thread american's can't take any criticism when it comes to there gun carrying are you all packing lads

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
It seems as if you are more concerned with the tool and how the crime was committed, instead of the crime itself. I can not help but think that you are actually saying, " I despise guns and they all need to be banned, but I do mind people being killed."

Nah, nah.

I don't despise guns.

Personally, I legally possess a pistol that is locked away for any 'emergencies'. LOL.

Hmmmm, I'd love to know how you legally own a pistol and what you define as an emergency.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
WEll ur observations are WRONG and u talk about a minority most USA citizens are good people just want to take care of their Families etc.. there is BAD in this world and when the Economy sucks the criminals have less to suck off the outer edges so now they attack more blatantly out in the open and more poor souls are getting pushed into crimes of the stupidest kinds etc etc...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

This story has been used as bait to waste Americans time debating Sherlock. Sherlock will never understand, and I believe he's trolling. But it worked fantastically, good job Lock!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

The reasons include, geography, culture, laws, and environment.

Seems as if you are wanting to cover the US under blanket rules along with everyone else. You know, what is good for one, must be good for the many. After all, it just so happens, England is the tip of the iceberg on the reasons we have guns.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

250 years ago maybe, but not today. That is the point. Your constitution was written in 1776 and was appropriate for the time. You folks need to embrace civil society of the 21st century. Your attitude to weaponary is no different than middle east and ex-soviet countries. Time to grow up and put your penis extensions away.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
reply to post by Crunkman919

This story has been used as bait to waste Americans time debating Sherlock. Sherlock will never understand, and I believe he's trolling. But it worked fantastically, good job Lock!

It was a successful troll by Sherlock, but more importantly, the responses were logical, unemotional, based in fact, with sources, and as usual, the "anti-gun" side can only spout fear and personal attacks like "penis extension," while the pro-gun side can site statistics, news articles, crime rates, personal experiences, constitutional law, personal freedoms, and show intelligence and restraint when debating, just like they do when carrying weapons.

If anything, I am really glad the anti-gun side of this debate doesn't carry weapons, because their responses are always immature, irresponsible, and based on emotion alone. Those type of people should NOT carry guns.

There is no place in the United States that I am afraid to step foot, at any time, for any reason. I've carried my gun for more than 15 years, and I have never needed it so far, but there have been many situations where I thought I might need it, and I am thoroughly convinced that my directness and confidence is what diffused those situations and made the gun unnecessary. If I had not been carrying, I might not have been so confident. If the criminals didn't have some fear of where my confidence came from, they might not have backed down so easily. The gun, silently tucked away in a holster under my shirt, has prevented several crimes, I am certain of that. It has saved my life, and/or the life of several criminals on several occasions, but you can't put those types of statistics in the news.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join