It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida gun deaths suspect named as Shawn Tyson

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Tell me if i'm wrong, but isn't there a correlation between gun Violence, and crime with levels of poverty and economic inequality? Might the issue be more about that, and other issues, than simply blaming one single issue such as ownership of guns. If i'm wrong in any way please tell me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks Projectvxn, as your additional links also point out, London is no longer a haven fro the violence seen in the US in past decades. I'd say it's approaching the boiling point that was New York in the 80s, before Zero Tolerance.

Along with knife crime, shootings are virtually an everyday occurrence here.

I'd agree with some posters here that immigration is the cause, but that doesn't mean immigration should stop - people that are in danger are welcome IMO. Even those who simply want to work and have a better life should have the chance. It's the way it's done that's wrong; crowding the vast majority into already overcrowded cities. They should be spread evenly around the country - each district having a percentile cap according to the availability of work and refuge

I believe that the current tactic is to keep immigrants out of those places where the influential reside - just about all of the countryside.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Is the general consensus on this site that

our current gun laws in the US are fine, and that if a V Tech happens once in a while? ah well, that's the price of Freedom?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

Our current gun laws are not fine. The 2nd Amendment says, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". That clearly says an American citizen should be able to own and carry guns without interference from the state. There are very few places in this country that actually honor the 2nd Amendment, Vermont comes to mind as one place where you need no permit to own or carry a gun. Most places in this country do onerously infringe upon or outright ignore the right to bear arms. We need a national CCW that supercedes state and local law. I'm okay with felons who's rights have been forfeit and people determined to be mentally incompetent denied the right to own guns.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

Considering that Virginia Tech is a so called 'Gun Free Zone' and I'm sure no one would ever think of actually taking a gun and shoot someone there it must be that someone erred in understanding that premise. /sarc/

'Gun Free School Zones' and college compasses are nothing more than 'Free Fire Zones' for those that wish to cause mayhem with a firearm. If you can't grasp that idea then your 'Peeing into the Wind'! No amount of 'Gun Control' laws or places that restrict your right to defend against a crazy work as intended and NEVER will!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join