It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida gun deaths suspect named as Shawn Tyson

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Not sure if anyone posted this yet so I apologize, but they were in a part of town, at 3 AM, two white guys from Britan would be trolling if they were trying to cop and get some pot/coke/etc. I live in Florida now and know where they were. Just like going to Jamaica or Cancun. tourists get shot and robbed/ripped off looking for drugs.

This could have been anyone and it is unfortunate that these men were killed but before we look at the violence and call for gun control, take a look at the actions of the victims.

They would be an easy mark for any criminal and sadly they died.

edit on 19-4-2011 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

people don't walk around with guns and there is less crime in Canada than the U.S.
I am just curious, what part of the US do you see people walking around with guns?

I live in the US and don't see people walking around with guns unless they are cops, or I am out in the woods in hunting season. I think Canada is the same way, as I have cousins that go to Canada to hunt various species.

When I think more about it, the urban areas in the US where guns are mostly illegal or extremely restricted have a lot more gun related deaths anyway.

Whatever, let they sheep pass all the laws they want against carnivorism, the wolves will still be delighted to eat the sheep.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Ok, sure there are unreported crimes in many countries, but the list should be reliable when comparing the UK, Canada, France, the US, etc.

Hard to say man
UK is insane! I've been there for my sister's wedding, there's weirdos all over the place
One day I was standing near my cousin's house outside having a beer, then I see a man running with a woman on his shoulders, I was like "what was that?"
My cousin said probably a rapist, it's like people seeing a crime happen right before their eyes and they do nothing and often the crime goes unreported. Britain is a crazy place.

Canada, id say that the list is good for Canada, Vancouver however might be a little harder because there's more organized crime but Canada would be the strongest.

France? Maybe
I have lawyer friends in France and they all tell me that 80% of lawyers in france are Cocaine addicts.
That might be irrelevant though, so ya maybe France is good to go too.

U.S.? No too much organized crime
Wherever organized crime is strong there is always a relationship with law enforcement, that's what makes organized crime "Organized".
Too many areas in the U.S. where you won't often see cops and too many crimes happening all the time.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have also been in some of the craziest places in the US, and I haven't seen the crime you claim to have seen?

Here is another source for total crime per capita. The U.S. still beats the UK in total crimes per capita.

The UK gets us in Murder per capita, but another source said the UK excludes "attempts" while the US includes them in their statistics, so in reality the numbers are probably pretty close to equal.

The fact is, the gun ownership in the United States is just not a major factor in the crime rate. If it were a major factor, the numbers would be drastically different.

Edit to add:
Since you brought up Organized Crime. The UK also has more Government Corruption than the U.S.

I do have to agree with the number of cops on the street though. Cops in the US are not visible a lot of the time, and many times they aren't even close enough to responsd timely. All the more reason to need an armed populace.
edit on 19-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I live in the US and don't see people walking around with guns unless they are cops, or I am out in the woods in hunting season

It's the U.S. dude
different states have different gun laws

As you know some even bring their weapons on the campaign trail, and I don't mean as bodyguards but just supporters.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The fact is, the gun ownership in the United States is just not a major factor in the crime rate. If it were a major factor, the numbers would be drastically different.

I don't disagree with that
I am not pro-gun control
I'm not exactly ecstatic with a culture of owning guns but I do think people should have the right to own and carry

There's alot of crime in South Africa and often it happens with machetes, swords, knives or hands.

I was only commenting on the list which I don't see as realistic

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I live in the US and don't see people walking around with guns unless they are cops, or I am out in the woods in hunting season

It's the U.S. dude
different states have different gun laws

As you know some even bring their weapons on the campaign trail, and I don't mean as bodyguards but just supporters.
I understand that. I know that I can buy a hunting license and whiskey in the same store in Vermont, where I can carry a concealed weapon legally. I also know that I can be arrested in New York state just for driving through with the same gun in my car, even unloaded.

I am just saying that I don't see people walking around with guns. I don't really know many people who do, most of them that do are police officers or federal agents.
edit on 19-4-2011 by butcherguy because: corrected spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I see it regularly actually. In Kentucky open carry is legal but you need a carry conceal license to hide it. Personally, I prefer open carry to concealed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

Worry not, we do know some Europeans have some common sense and can see the truth plainly. I lived in Europe for almost 10 years, and I know first hand, and this was back in the 80s, that Europe is not "wonderland".

Criminals have tried to rob me in Europe several times, including with weapons like knives and only my wits kept me safe and helped me to escape. Not once has anyone tried to rob me while in the states, and I have visited and lived all over the U.S.

There are many problems in the U.S. as well, no place is perfect, but the problems in the U.S. DOES NOT include citizens being able to exercise our unalienable right to own and bear arms.

Most gun crimes in the U.S. are comitted with ILLEGAL firearms, not legal ones, and DECENT people, from hundreds of thousands to a couple million per year depending on the years, including women and children have been saved because someone in their family had a weapon.

We will not give up our arms to anyone. Not the UN, not the One World Government, not the DHS, or any other agency trying to get rid of our Constitution and the "pesky rights" that are at least slowing down the NWO.

Janet Napolitano, if you are reading this you can kiss my white Cuban-American behind alongside every ahole that is trying to take away the rights of Americans.

There is one big problem, they know we will not give up our rights, including our Second Amendment, so they have to create a large crisis, or several, to take our rights away. And they will do this unfortunately.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
That "primitive gun culture in the U.S." prevents more crimes than it enables.

Idiotic comment.

You are shamelessly exploiting a counter-point, in a pathetic attempt to belittle my logical appraisal of this issue...

Perhaps you should check the facts on the matter before using your emotionally-driven "logic" to appraise the issue.
---

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hi Sherlock.

When will the USA get over it's primitive, fearful gun-toting culture ?

I wonder when those folks in the UK will give up their violent soccer match riots?

From the videos I've seen of those affairs, it is a darn good thing that they don't let them have guns over there. They aren't responsible enough to be in charge of their own fists and feet.

edit on 18-4-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Hi there, I'm assuming the matches where there is no violence aren't reported on. On the whole (notice I said on the whole), this is very much part of the past apart from gang types that will use any scenario as an excuse for violence and I'm guessing that's true wherever you live.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Is the above the same for Britain?

You go to areas in Brownsville and see how many unreported crimes there are there as well that go on not daily but hourly.

All that I am saying is that that list sucks balls!

The above happens in ALL of Europe.

Criminals have been let go several times in places like France and they keep committing the same crimes, and rapes, in great part by Muslim extremists, which has increased tremendously in Europe.

In many areas of Europe women can't even walk out without a head scarf/burqa, and if they do they get raped because they are seen as "prostitutes who want to get raped".

Europe has ALWAYS had the problem that they don't really like to report all the crimes that occur on the news, which gives a false sense of "less crimes in Europe from places like the U.S." and a lot of Europeans believe this when it is nothing more than a lie.

In the U.S. crimes are reported frequently, and if it involves a firearm the leftwing media LOVES to run, and re-run such stories and even lie trough their teeth such as claiming that the Mexican drug cartels get their weapons from legal U.S. firearm stores, when anyone smart enough to think for themselves can find out that the Mexican drug cartels get fully automatic weapons FROM THE BLACK MARKET and not from legal U.S. firearm stores.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

I see it regularly actually. In Kentucky open carry is legal but you need a carry conceal license to hide it. Personally, I prefer open carry to concealed.
Open carry is much more comfortable. Any of my concealed carry was hard on my blued guns finish too. Combination of perspiration and and condensation(and my choice of leather or complete lack of it).

I am going to guess that carrying a gun has not caused you to murder any British citizens that are out on holiday? My experience carrying a gun has not caused me to murder any of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Hi Sherlock.

When will the USA get over it's primitive, fearful gun-toting culture ?

I wonder when those folks in the UK will give up their violent soccer match riots?

From the videos I've seen of those affairs, it is a darn good thing that they don't let them have guns over there. They aren't responsible enough to be in charge of their own fists and feet.

edit on 18-4-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Hi there, I'm assuming the matches where there is no violence aren't reported on. On the whole (notice I said on the whole), this is very much part of the past apart from gang types that will use any scenario as an excuse for violence and I'm guessing that's true wherever you live.
I thought maybe it just became old news over there and they didn't bother reporting it all the time. Sort of like dog bites man.

I don't have the gangs using any scenario as an excuse for violence where I live, we go to baseball, football and basketball games here and it is really quite civilized.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We don't have roving gangs of violent teenagers is that a joke? america is full of gangs how can you say that?? america is home to some of the biggest gangs in the world lol ms13 ,18th Street etc etc

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

Oh, we certainly have gangs. Our gangs are closer to Organized Crime than they are to the roving teenagers. I am not completely familiar with what goes on in the UK, but from ATS threads, it seems like there are a lot of petty criminals/teenagers/chavs harassing people in the UK, muggings, beatings, etc.

We don't really have that in the US, we don't have the small groups of bored and violent teens hanging around causing trouble, but we certainly do have the larger gangs causing trouble, selling drugs, running guns, etc.

My post wasn't very clear, might still not be.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

lol what do expect America to do? start a war on guns? about as pointless as a war on drugs.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well i agree with you to a certain point there are areas in the UK with problems but painting whole country with same brush is reaching a bit which a few ats users are

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TREASONFX
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well i agree with you to a certain point there are areas in the UK with problems but painting whole country with same brush is reaching a bit which a few ats users are
I have been to England and I never noticed any roving gangs of teenagers there (I didn't attend any soccer matches tho). Just as I don't notice people walking around with guns in the US.

The beer was good. The food, well, the food was different.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Right.

I didn't intend to paint all of the UK as a seething violent mess. I think we are all speaking about the worst parts of the cities at the worst times of the day.

In general, my only point was that the UK is NOT significantly different than the US. There are random, small, violent groups everywhere. The attacks are fairly rare, and the addition of guns in the US doesn't statistically make any difference. Violence is violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join